***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

that's when myra was alive. remember, she's the one with the $ and if it wasn't for her bob would not be where he is today. well, she is gone now, and bobby can be himself.

You sound like you have something against Kraft. What is it you have against him?

did i say something that is false? myra had a lot of say when she was around.. she's not anymore. therefore, i doubt BB and Kraft will evaluate players based on what Myra would have thought.

How do you know? A lot of people cared about Myra including BB. You are making assumption based on nothing and calling them fact. Besides that has nothing to do with you having something against Kraft so nothing I said was calling anything you said false. It's obvious you have something against Kraft so just admit your bias and tell us why you don't like him

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

This is what I wish for in the Pats draft--1st round love to get the kid from Tennessee -Patterson-big tall receiver who can change on a dime and play multiple positions--2nd round --big Dlineman stud to sit next to Big Vince to push the pocket-3rd-- best cover safety available--free agency -OLB and CB and Guard or tackle -that I believe could very well equal SB # 4 for Pats -opinions?

1st patterson has not been projected to get anywhere near the pats or i would be discusing him. hopkins (within reach)

2nd we need a edge pass riusher more than dt imo so id trade up in rd 2 and try to get carradine (or get him in rd 1)

if i cant get both carradine and hopkins by trading up with 2014 and 2015 picks and or mallet, there is da' wr rick rogers big bodied wr who can go up and get the ball.

safety is a need but not more than cb imo. udfa for a cb, doubtful you get a player.  gregory isnt great but, improving the cbs will have more impact than leaving them, or halfway doing it at cb and replacing gregory imo.

also fa will improve team at positions we dont fill wiht our top positions more than udfa's can hope to.

fun chatting moves with you jimmy.

I could live with your picks bredbru--still think Jones takes a big step next year on the edge so I'd like to see a big Nasty next to Vince to get the Middle push--but then Pats would need good OLBs to seal the corners when all these run QBs take off running outside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Give me the Rhodes kid from Florida State in the 1st, 2nd round -best available DE/DT-3rd round best deep threat wideout then pick up a Safety,  CB, if Dennard goes to jail,(still bummed about this), another dlineman  and Offensive Lineman in FA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This is what I wish for in the Pats draft--1st round love to get the kid from Tennessee -Patterson-big tall receiver who can change on a dime and play multiple positions--2nd round --big Dlineman stud to sit next to Big Vince to push the pocket-3rd-- best cover safety available--free agency -OLB and CB and Guard or tackle -that I believe could very well equal SB # 4 for Pats -opinions?

1st patterson has not been projected to get anywhere near the pats or i would be discusing him. hopkins (within reach)

2nd we need a edge pass riusher more than dt imo so id trade up in rd 2 and try to get carradine (or get him in rd 1)

if i cant get both carradine and hopkins by trading up with 2014 and 2015 picks and or mallet, there is da' wr rick rogers big bodied wr who can go up and get the ball.

safety is a need but not more than cb imo. udfa for a cb, doubtful you get a player.  gregory isnt great but, improving the cbs will have more impact than leaving them, or halfway doing it at cb and replacing gregory imo.

also fa will improve team at positions we dont fill wiht our top positions more than udfa's can hope to.

fun chatting moves with you jimmy.

I could live with your picks bredbru--still think Jones takes a big step next year on the edge so I'd like to see a big Nasty next to Vince to get the Middle push--but then Pats would need good OLBs to seal the corners when all these run QBs take off running outside.

jones should take a step especially if he trains right.

however going form near zero pressure against a team liek baltimore to consistent pressure with 4 is going to take more than 1 guy.we picked up a couple possibilites in the middle. with only 3 picks, theres priorities. if we have a very active fa then and only then could i see going dt and even so as a 3rd priority. iepass rusher, dt, da rick rogers or pass rusher, hopkins or rogers (if rogers rises) and then dt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Give me the Rhodes kid from Florida State in the 1st, 2nd round -best available DE/DT-3rd round best deep threat wideout then pick up a Safety,  CB, if Dennard goes to jail,(still bummed about this), another dlineman  and Offensive Lineman in FA

i brought rhodes to the board, but seems to me to be a smarter plan at present to get a #2 and #1 cb in fa, and go de, wr, then dt.ol,lb,ss, cb  etc.

it al strarts and ends with a legit consistent rush with the front 4

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

i brought rhodes to the board, but seems to me to be a smarter plan at present to get a #2 and #1 cb in fa, and go de, wr, then dt.ol,lb,ss, cb  etc.

bredbru-In Fa pick up CB Greg Toler/Arz. or Derek Cox/Jax.then at safety you can choose from Adrian Wilson,Kenny Phillips, D. Goldston & Ed Reed.Draft day go de/dt, wr, de/dt or baa....What do you think ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

bredbru-In Fa pick up CB Greg Toler/Arz. or Derek Cox/Jax.then at safety you can choose from Adrian Wilson,Kenny Phillips, D. Goldston & Ed Reed.Draft day go de/dt, wr, de/dt or baa....What do you think ?

to that, id like to add a pass rsuher in fa (freeney, osi, abraham) and get one in draft carradine best shot to make it to 29 or later, top 10 pick till injuring knee. add to that big outside wr - hopkins or da rick rogers, then if a pick left whatever most needed and vailable. ie o line or speedy cover lb.

good thoughts dwhite

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from geek. Show geek's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Div 2 QB Peter Lalich....highly sought after High school prospect who had off the field issues and ended up in Division 2.

Anyone have any thought on this late round prospect?

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2013/02/26/nfl-draft-2013-peter-lalich-the-forgotten-one/

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201303/reputation-rebuilt-former-prep-stars-uncommon-road-cusp-nfl

I like your far-fetched idea... Might we catch lightning in a bottle for the second time?

I like that the article says you can't get him out of the coaches room. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Late round possibility, anyone know more about this guy?

At Texas Tech, FS Cody Davis (6-2, 203) may have put himself in the late-round discussion at the position after running the 40 in the mid-4.4 range, while posting a 41.5 vertical and times of 4-flat in the short shuttle and 6.78 in the 3-cone drill, both of which would have been among the leaders at the position at the combine; he also posted 15 reps in the BP.

Davis earned second-team All-Big 12 honors as a senior and leaves Tech eighth on the career list with 362 tackles, including a gaudy 84 solos in 2012 (fourth best in the NCAA). He is viewed as an instinctive defender but more of a drag-down tackler than an explosive hitter, which is why the numbers could boost his stock, especially considering that he wasn't invited to the combine. There were an estimated 15-17 teams represented at the workout, including one defensive backs coach. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Late round possibility, anyone know more about this guy?

At Texas Tech, FS Cody Davis (6-2, 203) may have put himself in the late-round discussion at the position after running the 40 in the mid-4.4 range, while posting a 41.5 vertical and times of 4-flat in the short shuttle and 6.78 in the 3-cone drill, both of which would have been among the leaders at the position at the combine; he also posted 15 reps in the BP.

Davis earned second-team All-Big 12 honors as a senior and leaves Tech eighth on the career list with 362 tackles, including a gaudy 84 solos in 2012 (fourth best in the NCAA). He is viewed as an instinctive defender but more of a drag-down tackler than an explosive hitter, which is why the numbers could boost his stock, especially considering that he wasn't invited to the combine. There were an estimated 15-17 teams represented at the workout, including one defensive backs coach. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

havent watched him play. 3 cone adn ss are overrated as thats how bb geneerally chooses his dbs and wrs and misses (saterst times). plays on the field are waht matters most.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Patriots 2013 Mock Draft Tracker
    http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-2013-Mock-Draft-Tracker/1f782bea-07b9-4158-87fb-03aa129a8298

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Updated and expanded "Big 53" Board... new additions highlighted in red:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

OG- Jonathan Cooper

S- Kenny Vaccaro

CB- Xavier Rhodes

DT- Sylvester Williams

DT- John Hankins

Rd 1-2

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Tavon Austin

Rd 2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- DJ Hayden

CB- Jamar Taylor

OT DJ Fluker

CB- Jordan Poyer

OLB/DE- Margus Hunt

LB- Khaseem Greene

WR- Quinton Patton

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2-3

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Stedman Bailey

WR- Ryan Swope

S- DJ Swearinger

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Winters

OL- David Quessenberry

Rd 3

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

WR- Markus Wheaton

DT- Kwame Geathers

S- Josh Evans

CB/S- Dwayne Gratz

S- Shamarko Thomas

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

LB- Sio Moore

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

Rd 4-7

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OT- Reid Fragel

S- Zeke Motta

DE/OLB- Cornelius Washington

OG- Jeff Baca

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

S- Cooper Taylor

DL- Josh Boyd

DL- Abry Jones

RB- Spencer Ware

WR- TJ Moe

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm liking the Big Board, MB.  Good looking list of players there.  Did you move Sylvester Williams into Rnd. 1, or was he there all along?  Man, from the film I saw on him, he looks very good.  I know he is a bit raw and only started playing football 4 or 5 years ago, but he has some serious explosion for a guy that size.  I bet he doesn't even last until 29, but if he is there I would think that BB might just have to pull the trigger.  What do you think?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I'm liking the Big Board, MB.  Good looking list of players there.  Did you move Sylvester Williams into Rnd. 1, or was he there all along?  Man, from the film I saw on him, he looks very good.  I know he is a bit raw and only started playing football 4 or 5 years ago, but he has some serious explosion for a guy that size.  I bet he doesn't even last until 29, but if he is there I would think that BB might just have to pull the trigger.  What do you think?

Thanks man, I've had Sylvester there for quite a while.  Agree, think he's a definite option at 29 due to his size/skill set/movement ability.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to geek's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Div 2 QB Peter Lalich....highly sought after High school prospect who had off the field issues and ended up in Division 2.

Anyone have any thought on this late round prospect?

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2013/02/26/nfl-draft-2013-peter-lalich-the-forgotten-one/

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201303/reputation-rebuilt-former-prep-stars-uncommon-road-cusp-nfl

I like your far-fetched idea... Might we catch lightning in a bottle for the second time?

I like that the article says you can't get him out of the coaches room. 

could be an interesting pickup in the 7th.  especially if we end up trading mallett.  would be nice to pick up a 2nd by trading mallett and picking up our new backup QB in the 7th round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

OG- Jonathan Cooper

S- Kenny Vaccaro

CB- Xavier Rhodes

DT- Sylvester Williams

DT- John Hankins

Rd 1-2

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Tavon Austin

Rd 2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- DJ Hayden

CB- Jamar Taylor

OT DJ Fluker

CB- Jordan Poyer

OLB/DE- Margus Hunt

LB- Khaseem Greene

WR- Quinton Patton

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2-3

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Stedman Bailey

WR- Ryan Swope

S- DJ Swearinger

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Winters

OL- David Quessenberry

Rd 3

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

WR- Markus Wheaton

DT- Kwame Geathers

S- Josh Evans

CB/S- Dwayne Gratz

S- Shamarko Thomas

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

LB- Sio Moore

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

Rd 4-7

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OT- Reid Fragel

S- Zeke Motta

OG- Jeff Baca

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

S- Cooper Taylor

DL- Josh Boyd

DL- Abry Jones

RB- Spencer Ware

WR- TJ Moe

MB, excellent collection of players.  Do you think Vacarro will be there at 29?   I don't. I think he goes before. I see you have Kwame Geathers on the board.  I like him in the 3rd.  Needs some work on technique, playing too high, but he will definitely see action his first year.  Do you know how many players off your big board last year were selected by the Patriots?   I think I had 2.  It is always interesting to see how close you can match BBs selection.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Guys you really do an awesome job mocking the draft, nice job guys

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

OG- Jonathan Cooper

S- Kenny Vaccaro

CB- Xavier Rhodes

DT- Sylvester Williams

DT- John Hankins

Rd 1-2

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Tavon Austin

Rd 2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- DJ Hayden

CB- Jamar Taylor

OT DJ Fluker

CB- Jordan Poyer

OLB/DE- Margus Hunt

LB- Khaseem Greene

WR- Quinton Patton

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2-3

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Stedman Bailey

WR- Ryan Swope

S- DJ Swearinger

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Winters

OL- David Quessenberry

Rd 3

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

WR- Markus Wheaton

DT- Kwame Geathers

S- Josh Evans

CB/S- Dwayne Gratz

S- Shamarko Thomas

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

LB- Sio Moore

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

Rd 4-7

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OT- Reid Fragel

S- Zeke Motta

OG- Jeff Baca

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

S- Cooper Taylor

DL- Josh Boyd

DL- Abry Jones

RB- Spencer Ware

WR- TJ Moe

MB, excellent collection of players.  Do you think Vacarro will be there at 29?   I don't. I think he goes before. I see you have Kwame Geathers on the board.  I like him in the 3rd.  Needs some work on technique, playing too high, but he will definitely see action his first year.  Do you know how many players off your big board last year were selected by the Patriots?   I think I had 2.  It is always interesting to see how close you can match BBs selection.

Thanks, man... I don't know if Vaccaro will be there or not, chances are he prob won't be, but I like him at that spot if he is.

Yeah, PE has been talking Geathers up for a while... very good size, moves well too, NFL bloodlines and he could be a value in Rd 3.

I had Hightower (as a Rd 1 option) and Bequette (as a Rd 3/4 option) on my final board, also had Francis, Bolden, Zusevics, Brad Herman and Armond Armstead (though he didn't originally sign as one) on my URFA list as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

OG- Jonathan Cooper

S- Kenny Vaccaro

CB- Xavier Rhodes

DT- Sylvester Williams

DT- John Hankins

Rd 1-2

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Tavon Austin

Rd 2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- DJ Hayden

CB- Jamar Taylor

OT DJ Fluker

CB- Jordan Poyer

OLB/DE- Margus Hunt

LB- Khaseem Greene

WR- Quinton Patton

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2-3

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Stedman Bailey

WR- Ryan Swope

S- DJ Swearinger

OL- Barrett Jones

OL- Brian Winters

OL- David Quessenberry

Rd 3

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

WR- Chris Harper

WR- Josh Boyce

WR- Markus Wheaton

DT- Kwame Geathers

S- Josh Evans

CB/S- Dwayne Gratz

S- Shamarko Thomas

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

LB- Sio Moore

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

Rd 4-7

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OT- Reid Fragel

S- Zeke Motta

OG- Jeff Baca

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

S- Cooper Taylor

DL- Josh Boyd

DL- Abry Jones

RB- Spencer Ware

WR- TJ Moe

You really think Kenny Vaccaro will be there at 29? That would be an awesome first round pick and if not i would love Jesse Williams. He has elite strength and some quick hands but he stands up a bit too much and gets washed a bit too but we can fix that.

JJ had the same question as well... chances are Vaccaro won't be there (though it's not a given), but I like him as an option if he is.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

zeke motta? bahahahaaaa yeah right. he makes steve gregory look like ed reed.

top late round safties:

Jahleel Addae Central Michigan (my #1 safety overall)

Cooper Taylor Richmond

Jermaine Robinson Toledo

Javon Harris Oklahoma

Kemal Ishmael UCF

The sentiment that Motta is a joke of a player is a joke in itself.  He's not the Rd 1 talent that Harrison Smith was, but as a Day 3 kid (who might get looks at the end of Rd 3), he'll bring elite size (6-2 213) for the position, a lot of much needed physicality, good tackling ability in the open field and should be a good ST player.  He's certainly not a burner, but plays faster than his 4.83 40 (I've seen prob every game this kid's played) and moves well overall.

Cooper Taylor is an intriguing kid, at 6-4 and almost 230.

I haven't seen Addae play, frankly have never heard of him, but will check him out.  What Rd grade do you have on him?  To confirm, you'd take him before any other S in this class (Vacarro, Cyprien, Elam, etc.)?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts