***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Lost Chung and Thomas day 1.  Chung joins the long list of 2nd round busts. 

I never consider any player who sticks, plays out the entirety of his rookie contract and starts at any point in time a bust. ...just my own opinion on the topic of busts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'm hoping BB takes a long look at Bernard Pollard, who'll be cut by Balt today... that'd go a long way towards solving the need for some physicality in the back end of the defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source

left you a message...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot

Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett: Cleveland Browns Insider http://dlvr.it/34QJcZ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

so we now traade mallet an get hopkins and  rogers, (have amendola) or swope.

need 2 bigtime cbs

bigtime safety

pass rusher

and spedy backer

in fa

thats a lot

and pass rusher to go with the wrs in the draft

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

need 2 bigtime cbs

bigtime safety

pass rusher

and spedy backer

in fa

thats a lot

And you are assuming they get a lot for Mallett, which I doubt... Maybe a third + some conditional 2014 pick which will be of no help this year. That thrid could be used on Swope. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

need 2 bigtime cbs

bigtime safety

pass rusher

and spedy backer

in fa

thats a lot

One of the better coverage LBs available went to the Raiders:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Former Browns LB Kaluka Maiava signed with the Raiders: 3 years, $ 6 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I'm hoping BB takes a long look at Bernard Pollard, who'll be cut by Balt today... that'd go a long way towards solving the need for some physicality in the back end of the defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9047356/baltimore-ravens-release-top-tackler-bernard-pollard-source

Please MB.  Tell me you do not want this punk a** beech!  He is a thug, dirty player, much bragging about taking Gronk down, Brady, etc.  How many teams has he worn out welcome with in the past 3 or 4 years?  Chiefs, Texans, Ravens....That mean anything, you think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Is there a Jerome in Roxbury that frequents this thread?

Heard someone reference being on the draft thread, or something to that effect, on 98.5 today... didn't know if it was in reference to this thread or now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Look on the bright side faucet...we tendered Hooman with a 5th!

Yeah,

Okay, now that Welker is gone and Amandola is here, we have a ton of cap.

Let's get Heyward-Bay just to stretch the field on a cheap deal.  Let's get Sedrick Ellis to play next to Vince.  Ed Reed and Sean Smith and resign Talib to boslter the back end.  Then a Freeney or Harrison on a cheap one year deal to bookend with Jones on passing downs.  Then go draft BPA.  That would make me feel better.  Oh, and why not add Dustin Keller just in case Hernandez goes down again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

Please MB.  Tell me you do not want this punk a** beech!  He is a thug, dirty player, much bragging about taking Gronk down, Brady, etc.  How many teams has he worn out welcome with in the past 3 or 4 years?  Chiefs, Texans, Ravens....That mean anything, you think?

Well look at it this way, if we signed him, at least he wouldn't knock out one of our stars unless it is in practice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

What are we likely to get for comp picks in 2014?  A third for Welker and maybe a 5th or 6th for Chung?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I never consider any player who sticks, plays out the entirety of his rookie contract and starts at any point in time a bust. ...just my own opinion on the topic of busts.

Chung was pick #34, basically a late 1st round pick.  I had him at  around 50.  We drafted him high, the pick we got for Vrabel and Cassel.  He was hurt a lot, then basically was used as a back-up to Gregory once he was healthy.  We made no effort to sign him.  that is a bust to me.  Like Ron Brace, Terrance Wheatley, Brandon Meriweather, Darius Butler, etc , etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

What are we likely to get for comp picks in 2014?  A third for Welker and maybe a 5th or 6th for Chung?

Good point.  Losing Wes should net us a nice Comp Pick next year.  I tell ya, that Belichick thinks of everything!  :)  I really like the Amendola acquisition.  I've thought he would be great in a Pats uni for a long time.  Hate to see Wes go to Denver, as I think they will have a nice 1-2 year window to win a SB, but BB made the right move today.  Denver will crash hard in 2-3  years when Manning/Welker get old.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

need 2 bigtime cbs

bigtime safety

pass rusher

and spedy backer

in fa

thats a lot

One of the better coverage LBs available went to the Raiders:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Former Browns LB Kaluka Maiava signed with the Raiders: 3 years, $ 6 million.

for cheap too, bb needs to let this be more than a one man operation (for all practical purposes).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Chung was pick #34, basically a late 1st round pick.  I had him at  around 50.  We drafted him high, the pick we got for Vrabel and Cassel.  He was hurt a lot, then basically was used as a back-up to Gregory once he was healthy.  We made no effort to sign him.  that is a bust to me.  Like Ron Brace, Terrance Wheatley, Brandon Meriweather, Darius Butler, etc , etc.

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Look on the bright side faucet...we tendered Hooman with a 5th!

Yeah,

Okay, now that Welker is gone and Amandola is here, we have a ton of cap.

Let's get Heyward-Bay just to stretch the field on a cheap deal.  Let's get Sedrick Ellis to play next to Vince.  Ed Reed and Sean Smith and resign Talib to boslter the back end.  Then a Freeney or Harrison on a cheap one year deal to bookend with Jones on passing downs.  Then go draft BPA.  That would make me feel better.  Oh, and why not add Dustin Keller just in case Hernandez goes down again.

hey faucet,

agree with all except drafting bpa (been wanting a 1 and a 2 cb,smith pref, now with welker at pats i want 2 #1 cbs).

want pass rusher and legit wr, maybe 2. carradine hopkins, da rick rogers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

need 2 bigtime cbs

bigtime safety

pass rusher

and spedy backer

in fa

thats a lot

seattle

And you are assuming they get a lot for Mallett, which I doubt... Maybe a third + some conditional 2014 pick which will be of no help this year. That thrid could be used on Swope. 

glad you asked seattle,

im adding 2014 picks to what i get for mallet where needed to make the grabs possible

by the way, is this the dumbest thing that all the people prrior to the poster we are respondign to have thier names shown by thier post but not the name of the person we are 

replyign to.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

The Baltimore Ravens "really like" Kansas State WR Chris Harper, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Harper unofficially ran in the 4.38 range at the school's pro day on Tuesday, but is drawing plenty of comparisons to Anquan Boldin due to his size and ability to make catches in traffic. We expect an early third day selection to be in his future.-Rotoworld

We said this months ago!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Good point.  Losing Wes should net us a nice Comp Pick next year.  I tell ya, that Belichick thinks of everything!  :)  I really like the Amendola acquisition.  I've thought he would be great in a Pats uni for a long time.  Hate to see Wes go to Denver, as I think they will have a nice 1-2 year window to win a SB, but BB made the right move today.  Denver will crash hard in 2-3  years when Manning/Welker get old.

Educate me... but doesn't Pats picking up Amendola cancel out losing WW to FA, therefore no comp? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The Baltimore Ravens "really like" Kansas State WR Chris Harper, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Harper unofficially ran in the 4.38 range at the school's pro day on Tuesday, but is drawing plenty of comparisons to Anquan Boldin due to his size and ability to make catches in traffic. We expect an early third day selection to be in his future.-Rotoworld

We said this months ago!

yes sir we sure did. NE drafts just ahead of the Ravens so if BB feels the same about him he can scoop him up first.

Good point... or at the very least cause Baltimore to maneuver to get him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Educate me... but doesn't Pats picking up Amendola cancel out losing WW to FA, therefore no comp? 

yeah, i already tried throwing that out there. i must be on ignore lol

Now I see what you wrote... just above where I started reading!!! LOL