***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

I hear you Bred, no need to sell the player. I posted my list of guys a very long time ago. Rogers was one of the WR that I had in bold.

I already knew about Rogers performance. I keep my own spreadsheet going back a number of years and quickly can see which plays each year perform in the top percentage historically of their positions as an "Athlete".

I would like to hear MB's info on intelligence and leadership/character with regards to him. I am always to lazy to go dig that info up but MB does a good job with that.

[/QUOTE]

excuse me low, was just responding ot your words. was unaware of your deep involvement in the process.

peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

hey MB there are sites mocking Robert Woods to be our 29th pick I don`t like these mocks, what do u think about it?

Too rich for my blood on Woods... would be happy to land him with their 2nd rounder, but not Rd 1.

my sentiments exactly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is what's running through my head, based on where NE's roster stands today:

Rd 1:  DT Jesse Williams / DE/OLB Tank Carradine / WR DeAndre Hopkins / OT DJ Fluker

Rd 2:  CB DJ Hayden / WR Stedman Bailey / CB Logan Ryan / CB Darius Slay

Rd 3:  WR Ryan Swope / S DJ Swearinger / S Shamarko Thomas / DE/OLB Michael Buchanan

Rd 7:  WR TJ Moe / RB Spencer Ware

Rd 7:  S Cooper Taylor / DT Chris Jones

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Below is what's running through my head, based on where NE's roster stands today:

Rd 1:  DT Jesse Williams / DE/OLB Tank Carradine / WR DeAndre Hopkins / OT DJ Fluker

Rd 3:  WR Ryan Swope / S DJ Swearinger / S Shamarko Thomas / DE/OLB Michael Buchanan

we can use a good cb. rather do it in fa if we can. that and abraham.

prefer my list of wrs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I really liked your second and third round projections, and would add to the third round Khaseem Greene a fast and a lb who can cover

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

prefer my list of wrs.

what is your wr list?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

prefer my list of wrs.

what is your wr list?

hey champ,

posted here several times.

potentially available from 29 on

preferred-hopkins, hunter, preferred-rogers, alternate in order :woods, williams, dobson,. therreafter: patton,  wheaton, swope, harper

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I really liked your second and third round projections, and would add to the third round Khaseem Greene a fast and a lb who can cover

I do like Kaseem, have him as a Rd 2 option on my "Big 53" board.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

prefer my list of wrs.

what is your wr list?

hey champ,

preferred-hopkins, hunter, preferred-rogers, alternate in order :woods, williams, dobson,. therreafter: patton,  wheaton, swope, harper

ok Bred, I think the best receiver in this list is Hopkins, but I`m almost sure he will be pick before the 29th,Hunter:I like this guy but he could be pick before the 29th too and I think Pats wouldn`t pick this guy in the 29th,but he is tall and fast what really concerns me is his lack of confidence, after an ACL tear.Rogers I didn`t see a lot of this kid I`ll take a look at some videos, he will be pick in the 2rd IMO.

Talking about the other names...Woods he is a playmaker, very good in YAC, he isn`t one of the biggest and fastest guys out there but can be a good fit in second round, he isn`t a legit X receiver 

Dobson:he is a legit X receiver, a tall guy and with an incredible ability of making dificult catches, but he isn`t a burner, could have problems creating separation,he is a third rounder

Swope:He is amazing I really like this kid, but we have enough at Slot receivers, I don`t see Pats picking this guy

I have to look at the other names bred, but I want to hear your thoughts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I`ll take a look at this guy, talking about prospects,you the man MB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

good likst but i'd take all of those safties off your draft board. there's no room for more safties on the team.

I think it's a fair argument, though I don't think Steve Gregory is a lock for this team and Adrian is on the downside of his career... they could still use an influx of young, physical players on the back end of the D, which is why I dropped the "need" down to Rd 3 and beyond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I`ll take a look at this guy, talking about prospects,you the man MB

Haha, thanks man, but I'm just some schmo that loves the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

good likst but i'd take all of those safties off your draft board. there's no room for more safties on the team.

I think it's a fair argument, though I don't think Steve Gregory is a lock for this team and Adrian is on the downside of his career... they could still use an influx of you, physical players on the back end of the D, which is why I dropped the "need" down to Rd 3 and beyond.

That is the whole point, even if you think you are set you may not be.  The trick is getting the best 53.  You find a safety that is a demon on STs.  I would get him because we don't want to be weak on STs.  This is an art not a science.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Notice how Bedard states no safeties in FA but not in the Draft.  You never know.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

Would guess they're done at S in free agency “@JHolbrook2134: how about them going after Kerry Rhodes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

prefer my list of wrs.

what is your wr list?

hey champ,

ok Bred, I think the best receiver in this list is Hopkins, but I`m almost sure he will be pick before the 29th,Hunter:I like this guy but he could be pick before the 29th too and I think Pats wouldn`t pick this guy in the 29th,but he is tall and fast what really concerns me is his lack of confidence, after an ACL tear.Rogers I didn`t see a lot of this kid I`ll take a look at some videos, he will be pick in the 2rd IMO.

Talking about the other names...Woods he is a playmaker, very good in YAC, he isn`t one of the biggest and fastest guys out there but can be a good fit in second round, he isn`t a legit X receiver 

Dobson:he is a legit X receiver, a tall guy and with an incredible ability of making dificult catches, but he isn`t a burner, could have problems creating separation,he is a third rounder

Swope:He is amazing I really like this kid, but we have enough at Slot receivers, I don`t see Pats picking this guy

I have to look at the other names bred, but I want to hear your thoughts

ok so you are up on a lot.

id welcome rogers in 2nd.

i dont thiknk hokins goes before 29. there are a lot of players in rd 1. are you remembering teams will reach for a qb in rd 1.

with 14' picks and mallet pick, if we can do carradine, hopkins and rogers i'll like that much

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think it's a fair argument, though I don't think Steve Gregory is a lock for this team and Adrian is on the downside of his career... they could still use an influx of young, physical players on the back end of the D, which is why I dropped the "need" down to Rd 3 and beyond.

agreed, if we had a pick every round id go safety too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Pat Kirwan Mock, not sure he is there.  J. Williams still on the board.  Would like a heavier DT, though. I still think they try to trade back.

29. New England Patriots
    (12-4) Kawann Short, DT, Purdue: Short is versatile and productive. The Patriots play more four-man fronts than in years past and need disruptive players besides Vince Wilfork. His play at the Senior Bowl helped his stock

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Pat Kirwan Mock, not sure he is there.  J. Williams still on the board.  Would like a heavier DT, though. I still think they try to trade back.

29. New England Patriots
    (12-4) Kawann Short, DT, Purdue: Short is versatile and productive. The Patriots play more four-man fronts than in years past and need disruptive players besides Vince Wilfork. His play at the Senior Bowl helped his stock

hey  jj any tweets today?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

DJ Hayden Pro Day

The event was highlighted by the workout of defensive back D.J. Hayden who suffered a nearly fatal tear of thinferior vena cava, the large vein that carries blood from the lower half of the body back to the heart, in a practice collision on Nov. 6.

Hayden led all participants in the 40-yard dash with a time of 4.33 before a slight tweak of a hamstring on his second attempt ended his workout. A member of the 2013 Conference USA first team, Hayden was invited to and attended the NFL Combine in Indianapolis where he was interviewed and medically evaluated by several teams, but did not work out.

Former UH cornerback DJ Hayden ran the 40-yard dash in 4.33 seconds on Monday's UH pro day.

Hayden, who suffered a near fatal tear of the main vein to his heart in November, went through a series of drills before more than 25 NFL teams.

He did not participate in the final portion after tweaking his left hamstring on his final 40-yard dash.

Hayden has four private workouts scheduled and seven pre-draft visits currently scheduled, his agent Jeff Nalley said.

Hayden attended the NFL scouting combine in February but did not work out there. He also skipped the bench press at pro day as his sternum continues to heal.

"It's the most unique injury in the history of the draft," Packers senior executive Alonzo Highsmith said. "The only people that ever had it aren't alive and doctors have never seen it."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Look at this guys measurables 6'4" 290 4.71 forty he should be a DE, but he is an OT.

Alabama Pro Day, waits for next call

Drew Champlin | dchamplin@al.com By Drew Champlin | dchamplin@al.com
    on March 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM Print           Email   uab chris hubbard UAB lineman Chris Hubbard stretches before practice last fall. Mark Almond/malmond@al.com  

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Chris Hubbard got the chance to show his skills in front of all 32 NFL teams at last week's Pro Day at the University of Alabama.

Now, the former UAB all-conference offensive lineman is waiting for that next call and a chance for a private workout.

"I don't have any set up right now," Hubbard said Sunday night. "I guess I'll get a call. I'm not sure how that works but my agent's been talking back and forth with teams. A lot of people tell me my stock is rising and my family and friends saw me on the internet doing workouts there."

Hubbard said he measured in at 6-foot-4 and a half and 290 pounds, running a 4.71 in the 40-yard dash, better than the 4.8 he ran at UAB's Pro Day the week before. Hubbard also improved his times in the 5-10-5 shuttle drill and the 2-cone drill. His time in the 40 bested all but one Alabama player running, and that was a free safety in Robert Lester.

"It was a really great experience," Hubbard said. "I had never been to (the University of) Alabama before, ever in my life. It was a good to work out in front of 32 teams to see what I'm capable of, since we only had like four at UAB Pro Day.

Hubbard said his uncle Jody Hill, who has served as a coach and mentor to Hubbard, placed some calls to Alabama to get Hubbard a look, and it worked out. Alabama also had Stillman receiver Damian Ford on board to work out for pro scouts.

Hubbard said a representative from the Oakland Raiders asked for his contact info, and he spoke with representatives from the Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts at Alabama's Pro Day.

"If I get asked to do a private workout, I'll definitely take that chance," Hubbard said. "I'm not doing any more Pro Days, but who wouldn't want a chance to do a private workout?"

Hubbard is the only non-returning starter on UAB's offensive line. He wasn't sure who would fill his spot at left tackle, but said to watch out for returning tackle Kaycee Ike and veteran guards Brian O'Leary and Aaron Green, among others. UAB starts spring practice on March 27 and has its spring game at West Campus Field on April 27.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Round 1- WR Deandre Hopkins

Round 2- CB Robert Alford/DJ Hayden

Round 3- WR Chris Harper

Round 7- QB Nathan Stanley

Round 7- TE Justice Cunningham/ WR TJ Moe

.......and here you go Ricky on Moe

T.J. Moe, WR (5-11 5/8, 206) — Moe ran an official 4.74 40 time at the combine, but did the 40 at his pro day in 4.60 and 4.62 seconds. He stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine. Moe has very good hands and reminds you a lot of Wes Welker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Round 1- WR Deandre Hopkins

Round 2- CB Robert Alford/DJ Hayden

Round 3- WR Chris Harper

Round 7- QB Nathan Stanley

Round 7- TE Justice Cunningham

DT?OL?

25. This post has been removed.