***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to SilverSun's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

jj - I don't see Bolden making it through camp. After the suspension his performance decreased, his playing time took a major hit, and he just didn't look like the same runner to me (not the same burst or power). If PEDs were a reason for his performance early in the season and he no longer has them then they might be looking for a short yardage replacement. Though Rouse confuses me. He's to small to be a FB and to slow to be anything more then a 1-5yrd guy (think BJGE when he was here).

He took Adderal. That isnt steriods. It wont affect him like that.

that's what every player says includig Cunningham, Spikes, and Talib. What's with all these players taking ADHD medication? But it seems everytime a player tests positive it's because of Adderal, go figure. You would think with dozens of players a year all testing positive for the same ADHD drug over and over again they would check with their well paid team doctors if it's ok or call the free hotline and services the NFL has setup to check common medications used to treat things like ADHD.

Since the NFL doesn't release what they actually tested positive for we won't actually ever know.  All I can go by is what the eye test says and the eye test says he lost that explosive step and couldn't shake that first hit like he did before he was caught 

Brandon Bolden is a fine back and prediction that you will see plenty of burst and yards from him this season - especially if Ridley keeps fumbling.

i feel similarly minus the ridley fumbling part. liek the year before, bb jsu tneed sto use him adn use him (bolden) appropriately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Svitek is nothing more than a warm body in training camp.  Odds are he doesn't make the team.  I agree Cannon seems to be liked at RT.  However, there is no back up at LT.  Svitek is not a legit backup.  So, we have no back up at LT if Vollmer leaves which is appearing more likely the longer this goes.

I too would love to add a top CB in the draft.  If Trufant makes it to 29, he would certainly be a player of interest and could be our pick depending who else is there.  However, after Milliner, Rhodes and Trufant, I see a fairly big drop off in talent.  This isn't to say we couldn't target a Poyer, Slay or Alford type with our 2nd but let's say we go a completely different direction with 29.  Let's say we draft a DT for example.  Let's say Vollmer is gone.  Then when our 2nd round pick comes up and you have one of these 2nd tier corners on the board and Armstead, Long and/or Watson on the board, wouldn't you rather take a LT back up vs. a back up CB?  I would.

I would rather move DMC back to corner back fill for him at FS then I would moving Mankins to LT if Solder gets hurt or putting a Svitek in there.  Keeping Brady upright is of utmost importance.  OL shuffle, especially at LT is more worrisome to me then DB suffle.

Not sure you are giving Svitek enough credit. He was a starting T for a playoff team before he was injured

agreed and moving dmc back to corner woudl be a disaster. id rather trade him than do that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

no love for marcus trufant, MB?

Guess I prefer Rhodes in the Rd 1 range.  Kid can cover and has some swagger, but I'm not too high on his ability vs the run, or at least from what I've seen on tape.  He doesn't shy away from contact, but he takes on ballcarriers a bit too high and I just think there are others that are better in this area.

Would I be against drafting him?  Definitely not.

nooooowww your'ee on rhodes..........? :)

didnt likey when i first brought the rhodes love?

Haha, I think you have the wrong guy... I don't ever remember being opposed to Rhodes... heck I don't remember anyone being opposed to Rhodes on here.

well, before i began talking him as a first round pat pick, no one was discussing him. 

when i did, those that reponded were lukewarm at best.

wish we could go back to thread like we used to (in a search. it would take much more effort to look than its worth wihtout that). a lot changes with time.

eventually it becomes like a think tank and over time a group mind thing often comes about (like a group intelligence thinking in one brain). yes er still have differences in the end, but weve all been "shaped" or affected by one another. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Recent trends-

Moving up in most mock drafts-

DE Dion Jordan

DT Sharif Floyd 

OT Lane Johnson

DE Ezekiel Ansah

OG Jonathan Cooper

Moving down in most mocks-

DT Star Lotulelei

WR Keenan Allen

DE Damontre Moore

DT Johnathan Hankins

The guys moving up will most likely be long gone before the Pats pick at #29, along with DT Lotulelei.  But WR Allen, DE Moore, and DT Hankins should be available.  Would the Pats be interested in picking any of these guys (who were once seen as top 20 prospects only 2 months ago)?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Recent trends-

Moving up in most mock drafts-

DE Dion Jordan

DT Sharif Floyd 

OT Lane Johnson

DE Ezekiel Ansah

OG Jonathan Cooper

Moving down in most mocks-

DT Star Lotulelei

WR Keenan Allen

DE Damontre Moore

DT Johnathan Hankins

The guys moving up will most likely be long gone before the Pats pick at #29, along with DT Lotulelei.  But WR Allen, DE Moore, and DT Hankins should be available.  Would the Pats be interested in picking any of these guys (who were once seen as top 20 prospects only 2 months ago)?

Star did really well at his Pro Day.  If he clears medically in April, he will be top 5-10 pick.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

i was well aware of xavier rhodes before ever coming to this thread, but i'm also one of the people who were lukewarm on him, and i still am. i think he's a bit overrated and anything higher than the 2nd round is a reach for him IMO.

I think Rhodes is now starting to get some top 20 talk. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

i was well aware of xavier rhodes before ever coming to this thread, but i'm also one of the people who were lukewarm on him, and i still am. i think he's a bit overrated and anything higher than the 2nd round is a reach for him IMO.

I think Rhodes is now starting to get some top 20 talk. 

He's now rated #2 among CBs. It was Banks at the start of the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Dolphins will pick him in the 12th

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

if so, i dont see him making it out of the first

and ive moved out of cb as rd 1 priority

(btw, i was only talking about what i was reading and or not seeing on the board at the time i posted:)

cheers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

thats mocked a lot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

if they didn't like sean smith enough to show him the $ they certainly won't like rhodes at 12. i think they go OT if lane johnson is still on the board.

stronger possility i believe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

now that i think about it sean smith is a great comparison to xavier rhodes. good size, tight hips, horrible ball skills.

thoughts registered

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

good morning bred.

hey man, just finsihed writing and getting ready to go to bed, you?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

good morning bred.

hey man, just finsihed writing and getting ready to go to bed, you?

i just finished drinking, partying, and eating a cheesburger and fries.. bed is next also. good night bro.

r you serious.

you come off as more "sensible" than that :)

sleep well man :)

dont mind me, i'm a bit of a fitness/health freak.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Does the Board have a consensus on the # 1 pick?

I vote for OT Luke Joeckel.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 35m

#1. RT @caplannfl: Contingent of Chiefs personnel including HC Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey headed to Texas A&M to work out LT Luke Joeckel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Who will be selected or who should be selected?...if will, I think it is Luke joeckel. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Well, JJ... we know KCC is not picking up a QB. They are ranked worst in passing O yards and close to worst in run D. Given they just acquired Alex Smith, I would think they will prioritize trying to set him up for some success. I bet they pick up an OT. Some have Joeckel going to them. Some have Fisher. Who I'd pick if I were GM? I'd toss a coin for that.

I would guess they pick Joeckel. I think it's easier to rationalize that decision, given the higher profile pass rushers he's had to face.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tough to argue against OT, yeah... Joeckel or Fisher. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The more intriguing pick I think is the Jacksonville pick.

It's easy to expect they pick safe with which ever OT that KCC did not pick. However, JAX also could use upgrades on D. If they go that route, things could really get interesting, as Ansah and Jordan -- two DEs who are considered to be quite raw - have made it to the conversation for pick #2. Both of these players have only played football for a few years. Both are very athletic and crazy fast. I would be less surprised if they picked Ansah over Jordan.

Floyd and Milliner are the two other prospects on D who I think will be under consideration. Add Lotulelei to the conversation if they conclude that the kid's heart condition is a non-issue.

Sections
Shortcuts