***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to PatsEng's comment:

So, since we are doing the full 1st round mock draft I thought I'd post my own and see what you guys think with my reasonings:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel: With a new shinny QB they need someone to protect his blind side. It's been argued back and forth between Joeckel and Fisher and from everything I've been hearing it sounds like they are locked in on Joeckel
    2. Jacksonville - LB/DE Dion Jordan: Jax doesn't have a QB so I can't see them taking FIsher and hoping they find a QB later. To me. So, what do you do if you have no O and no hope of really improving it?, you go D and they take a dynamic rusher in Jordan. This is a guy you can start to build a D around and I think Jax will take the heavy D approach in this years draft.
    3. Oakland - DE/DT Sharif Floyd: Oak can faint that they might take Smith all they want but I don't think any team is buying it, nor do I think any team but Buf is willing to trade up for Smith. With Oak losing Bryant and possible Seymour they need to add back into their DL. Floyd is the type of DT that Oak tends to like. A faster DT with some good power and helps their two biggest weaknesses, 1) a poor pass rush 2) a better pass rush hides a poor secondary
    4. Philadelphia - QB Geno Smith: Philly can't be happy going into the year with Vick and their main backup being the man in the green suit from the stands. Smith would fit into Kelly's style of O and with Vick could be in a 49ers situation learning the O in the first half of the year and starting once Vick goes down. Seems to make to much sense for Philly not to take Smith right here
    5. Detroit - OT Eric Fisher: Detriot is either going T or CB with this pick and Fisher is the best player on the board. He can play RT or LT 
    6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner: Clev I think would like to trade out of this spot but they might have to stay here. If they do then they are clearly focused on rebuilding the D. Adding the top CB in the draft would go a long way to helping rebuild a D that recently added Bryant and Kruger
    7. Arizona - DE Ezekiel Ansah: Ari wants to desperately add someone across from Acho. Ansah is just to good of a player to turn down. They take the best pass rusher available 
    8. Buffalo- WR Cordarrelle Patterson: Buf really wanted Smith and desperately need a new QB but even they won't reach for the next QB available. They will just wait for round 2 to get their guy. In the mean time they need a WR badly. They basically have Johnson and that's it so they grab a WR early and try to get a QB later in the draft
    9. NYJ - OLB Javis Jones: The Jets need so many players it's not even funny. But, the one area that really sticks out to me the most is at LB. Jones would give them the versitility to cover, play the edges, or rush the passer. They could go OL but why with the QB they have
    10. Tenn G Chance Warmack: Tenn has to go OL with this pick and Warmack seems like a natural fit for Tenn. Similar blocking schemes coming out of college and can really help the running game
    11. SD- OG Jon Cooper: I really wanted to give Star here to SD but their OL is so bad I just can't. They really need to add to the OL and Cooper gives them an anchor they can build an OL around
    12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes: The Phins need to replace Smith on a bad secondary. They worked to add talent to a depleted O but they need to add some talent in that secondary and did a bad job this off-season. They add to a position of need and not BPA simple because the BPA (Star) plays the same position they just spent a tag on
    13. Tampa Bay - DT Star Lotulelei: Tampa is known for it's D but lately that DL has started to disappear. With one of the best run and pass rsuhing rising stars leaving the team they need to add back into the DL. Star is the BPA on the board and Tampa could use someone to help kick start a rebuild on D and Star can be that guy
    14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson: Car was drooling over the possibility to get Star but they take the next BDTA in Richardson. This isn't to mention Steve Smith already said they wanted Richardson
    15. New Orleans - DE Barkevious Mingo: The Saints want to upgrade a poor pass rush and take the best available DL player who can get to the QB. They want to move to a 3-4 D and Mingo would be the first step as an OLB who can cover as well as get to the QB
    16. St Louis - WR Tavon Austin: The Rams lost Amendola and were never an option for Welker. They need a player who can get openly quickly for Bradford and a trustable safety valve. Austin fits that description perfectly and could be an upgrade to Amendola as he can stay on the field
    17. Pittsburgh - DE Bjoern Werner: Pitt wanted Austin to fall one more slot but will settle for a mean DE. Werner doesn't have the explosive speed to be a rushing LB but Pitt has a "way" to take undersized DL and add 20lbs over a summer. Werner seems like Pitt's type of DL and with the right players around him might be able to bring some toughness back to the steel curtain
    18. Dallas - S Kenny Vaccaro: Dal needs secondary help badly but have had no cap space to address it. They have been linked to numerous DB's this offseason and they use the draft to help sure up the back end of their D in Vaccaro
    19. NYG - ILB Alec Ogletree: The Giants always seem to be adding D players one step ahead of the league. With the league moving to TE sets and larger possession WR's the Giants add the best coverage LB in the draft. Behind an aging DL, Ogletree lets the DL pin their ears back and just rush as he can handle the run game as well as covering TE's and RB's
    20. Chicago - OT Lane Johnson: Chi needs to add OL help and is thankful Johnson made it to them. They gladly take a T to add to the team now that Ogletree isn't on the board to replace Urlacher
    21. Cincy - OT D.J. Fluker: With Smith maybe gone to the Phins Cinn needs a T. Fluker makes sense only because of the run on OT's and when Cinn's next pick comes around the talent level might prevent them from getting an immediate starter
    22. Rams (From WASH) - S Jason Elam: The rams would have preferred Ogletree but will take a player who can captian the middle of the field and take over command of the secondary
    23. Minnesota - WR Keenan Allen: Adding Jenning helps Minn but they need more talent to replace Harvin. Allen at this point might be a reach but at one point he was considered a top 15 prospect. Ponder needs help and Allen could be the talent they need
    24. Indy - LB Manti Te'o: Now some might question this move but the Colts are one of the few teams that could take this kid on and let him disappear without much critizism. They need LB help and even though Te'o moves like a bunch of bricks he could come in to the new 34 and not have to worry about chasing TE's around all day instead focusing on gaps
    25. Minnesota (From SEA) - DT Jonathan Jenkins: I almost cried a little writing this pick but Minn hasn't had a big guy in the middle since Pat Williams. I think they are looking for a similar type of anchor moving forward and Jenkins fits that description
    26. Green Bay - TE Tyler Eifert: GB might be looking to replace Finley next year as Finley will be looking for WR type of money and I don't see GB giving it to him. Eifert isn't Gronk but he's one of the better TE's to come out of the draft in a while and GB will take there chances he could be a top 5 TE in the league
    27. Houston - WR DeAndre Hopkins: They never had a #2 and Johnson is only getting older so they finally take a step to get some more help in the WR spot. Hopkins makes a ton of sense for them and someone who could eventually take over for Johnson
    28. Denver - DE Tank Carradine: After Dumervil was cut even if they sign a Freeney or Abraham they need a long term solution at the outside spot more then they need to add to the inside spot. I could see them going and getting Short but Carradine would give them there long term Dumervil replacement 
    29. New England - DT Jonathan Hankins: There are a number of players the Pats could take here, J. Williams, Short, S. Williams but Hankins took a Wilfork type of tumble and would gladly scoop up Hankins. He can play DT/NT/DE it's the flexibility along side Wilfork who can do the same that BB dreams of. Imagine on pass downs Hankins or Wilfork as a LDE and Francis or Deadrick on the inside. Talk about creating edge issues and confusion as the line switches it up at random right before the snap
    30. Atlanta - CB Desmond Trufant: They might bring Grimes back or they might not but either way they need to add more CB's after letting Robinson go. Trufant is teh BPA for CB's so that's who Atl is going with
    31. San Fran - DE Margus Hunt: The 49ers looked bad with Smith last year and odds are the older Smith will miss time again. I think they will look for a long term replacement for Smith even if it takes a year to develop them. Hunt would be a gem for them that could turn into a diamond we all look at and say why didn't we grab that guy
    32. Baltimore - ILB Kevin Minter: Balt needs to find an ILB to replace Lewis. I'm not sure losing Te'o early is a bad thing for them as Minter is a solid ILB himself. It seems odd at first but a position they need to replace desperately

It could be interesting. We see the depth at DT and yet some big names fall to round 2 in my mock. J. Williams (MB's guy), Short, and S. Williams. All of which should be gone by pick 50 but all fall. Even though WR and CB aren't perticulally strong desperate teams at those positions take some early. I see a large run on DL and OL as soon as the 2nd round starts.

good mock, but I think Tampa will pick a cb...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Nice to see some posts of the draft.  I usually get around to it a couple of weeks before the draft.  Wait for FA to settle down.  PatsEng, your draft has a nice flow to it.

Here's a question for you draftniks out there.  I was thinking that this draft may be over rated.  There's not a lot of players who really get me excited.  For instance J. Hankins is one player who I would love to see on the Pats roster but I think he'll be long gone.  When I see a guard Chance Womack ranked so high it makes me think.  Players like QB Geno Smith and DE Bjoern Werner are a couple who cause me questions as well.  Now these players are good but I don't see them as top 10 material.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel - Digger

2. Jacksonville - OT Eric Fisher - Faucet

3. Oakland - QB Geno Smith - jjd

4. Philadelphia - DL Star Lotulelei - KyleCleric

5. Detroit - DE Ziggy Ansah - Digger

6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner- MB

7. Arizona - DT Shariff Floyd- Wazzu

8. Buffalo- Lane Johnson - Looneyman

9. NYJ - DE/OLB Dion Jordan - SeattlePat

10. Tenn G Chance Warmack- HC

11. SD- OG Jon Cooper- MB

12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes - PatsEng

13. Tampa Bay - Sheldon Richardson - jjd

14. Carolina- DT John Hankins- MB

15. New Orleans

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So, since we are doing the full 1st round mock draft I thought I'd post my own and see what you guys think with my reasonings:

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel: With a new shinny QB they need someone to protect his blind side. It's been argued back and forth between Joeckel and Fisher and from everything I've been hearing it sounds like they are locked in on Joeckel
    2. Jacksonville - LB/DE Dion Jordan: Jax doesn't have a QB so I can't see them taking FIsher and hoping they find a QB later. To me. So, what do you do if you have no O and no hope of really improving it?, you go D and they take a dynamic rusher in Jordan. This is a guy you can start to build a D around and I think Jax will take the heavy D approach in this years draft.
    3. Oakland - DE/DT Sharif Floyd: Oak can faint that they might take Smith all they want but I don't think any team is buying it, nor do I think any team but Buf is willing to trade up for Smith. With Oak losing Bryant and possible Seymour they need to add back into their DL. Floyd is the type of DT that Oak tends to like. A faster DT with some good power and helps their two biggest weaknesses, 1) a poor pass rush 2) a better pass rush hides a poor secondary
    4. Philadelphia - QB Geno Smith: Philly can't be happy going into the year with Vick and their main backup being the man in the green suit from the stands. Smith would fit into Kelly's style of O and with Vick could be in a 49ers situation learning the O in the first half of the year and starting once Vick goes down. Seems to make to much sense for Philly not to take Smith right here
    5. Detroit - OT Eric Fisher: Detriot is either going T or CB with this pick and Fisher is the best player on the board. He can play RT or LT 
    6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner: Clev I think would like to trade out of this spot but they might have to stay here. If they do then they are clearly focused on rebuilding the D. Adding the top CB in the draft would go a long way to helping rebuild a D that recently added Bryant and Kruger
    7. Arizona - DE Ezekiel Ansah: Ari wants to desperately add someone across from Acho. Ansah is just to good of a player to turn down. They take the best pass rusher available 
    8. Buffalo- WR Cordarrelle Patterson: Buf really wanted Smith and desperately need a new QB but even they won't reach for the next QB available. They will just wait for round 2 to get their guy. In the mean time they need a WR badly. They basically have Johnson and that's it so they grab a WR early and try to get a QB later in the draft
    9. NYJ - OLB Javis Jones: The Jets need so many players it's not even funny. But, the one area that really sticks out to me the most is at LB. Jones would give them the versitility to cover, play the edges, or rush the passer. They could go OL but why with the QB they have
    10. Tenn G Chance Warmack: Tenn has to go OL with this pick and Warmack seems like a natural fit for Tenn. Similar blocking schemes coming out of college and can really help the running game
    11. SD- OG Jon Cooper: I really wanted to give Star here to SD but their OL is so bad I just can't. They really need to add to the OL and Cooper gives them an anchor they can build an OL around
    12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes: The Phins need to replace Smith on a bad secondary. They worked to add talent to a depleted O but they need to add some talent in that secondary and did a bad job this off-season. They add to a position of need and not BPA simple because the BPA (Star) plays the same position they just spent a tag on
    13. Tampa Bay - DT Star Lotulelei: Tampa is known for it's D but lately that DL has started to disappear. With one of the best run and pass rsuhing rising stars leaving the team they need to add back into the DL. Star is the BPA on the board and Tampa could use someone to help kick start a rebuild on D and Star can be that guy
    14. Carolina - DT Sheldon Richardson: Car was drooling over the possibility to get Star but they take the next BDTA in Richardson. This isn't to mention Steve Smith already said they wanted Richardson
    15. New Orleans - DE Barkevious Mingo: The Saints want to upgrade a poor pass rush and take the best available DL player who can get to the QB. They want to move to a 3-4 D and Mingo would be the first step as an OLB who can cover as well as get to the QB
    16. St Louis - WR Tavon Austin: The Rams lost Amendola and were never an option for Welker. They need a player who can get openly quickly for Bradford and a trustable safety valve. Austin fits that description perfectly and could be an upgrade to Amendola as he can stay on the field
    17. Pittsburgh - DE Bjoern Werner: Pitt wanted Austin to fall one more slot but will settle for a mean DE. Werner doesn't have the explosive speed to be a rushing LB but Pitt has a "way" to take undersized DL and add 20lbs over a summer. Werner seems like Pitt's type of DL and with the right players around him might be able to bring some toughness back to the steel curtain
    18. Dallas - S Kenny Vaccaro: Dal needs secondary help badly but have had no cap space to address it. They have been linked to numerous DB's this offseason and they use the draft to help sure up the back end of their D in Vaccaro
    19. NYG - ILB Alec Ogletree: The Giants always seem to be adding D players one step ahead of the league. With the league moving to TE sets and larger possession WR's the Giants add the best coverage LB in the draft. Behind an aging DL, Ogletree lets the DL pin their ears back and just rush as he can handle the run game as well as covering TE's and RB's
    20. Chicago - OT Lane Johnson: Chi needs to add OL help and is thankful Johnson made it to them. They gladly take a T to add to the team now that Ogletree isn't on the board to replace Urlacher
    21. Cincy - OT D.J. Fluker: With Smith maybe gone to the Phins Cinn needs a T. Fluker makes sense only because of the run on OT's and when Cinn's next pick comes around the talent level might prevent them from getting an immediate starter
    22. Rams (From WASH) - S Jason Elam: The rams would have preferred Ogletree but will take a player who can captian the middle of the field and take over command of the secondary
    23. Minnesota - WR Keenan Allen: Adding Jenning helps Minn but they need more talent to replace Harvin. Allen at this point might be a reach but at one point he was considered a top 15 prospect. Ponder needs help and Allen could be the talent they need
    24. Indy - LB Manti Te'o: Now some might question this move but the Colts are one of the few teams that could take this kid on and let him disappear without much critizism. They need LB help and even though Te'o moves like a bunch of bricks he could come in to the new 34 and not have to worry about chasing TE's around all day instead focusing on gaps
    25. Minnesota (From SEA) - DT Jonathan Jenkins: I almost cried a little writing this pick but Minn hasn't had a big guy in the middle since Pat Williams. I think they are looking for a similar type of anchor moving forward and Jenkins fits that description
    26. Green Bay - TE Tyler Eifert: GB might be looking to replace Finley next year as Finley will be looking for WR type of money and I don't see GB giving it to him. Eifert isn't Gronk but he's one of the better TE's to come out of the draft in a while and GB will take there chances he could be a top 5 TE in the league
    27. Houston - WR DeAndre Hopkins: They never had a #2 and Johnson is only getting older so they finally take a step to get some more help in the WR spot. Hopkins makes a ton of sense for them and someone who could eventually take over for Johnson
    28. Denver - DE Tank Carradine: After Dumervil was cut even if they sign a Freeney or Abraham they need a long term solution at the outside spot more then they need to add to the inside spot. I could see them going and getting Short but Carradine would give them there long term Dumervil replacement 
    29. New England - DT Jonathan Hankins: There are a number of players the Pats could take here, J. Williams, Short, S. Williams but Hankins took a Wilfork type of tumble and would gladly scoop up Hankins. He can play DT/NT/DE it's the flexibility along side Wilfork who can do the same that BB dreams of. Imagine on pass downs Hankins or Wilfork as a LDE and Francis or Deadrick on the inside. Talk about creating edge issues and confusion as the line switches it up at random right before the snap
    30. Atlanta - CB Desmond Trufant: They might bring Grimes back or they might not but either way they need to add more CB's after letting Robinson go. Trufant is teh BPA for CB's so that's who Atl is going with
    31. San Fran - DE Margus Hunt: The 49ers looked bad with Smith last year and odds are the older Smith will miss time again. I think they will look for a long term replacement for Smith even if it takes a year to develop them. Hunt would be a gem for them that could turn into a diamond we all look at and say why didn't we grab that guy
    32. Baltimore - ILB Kevin Minter: Balt needs to find an ILB to replace Lewis. I'm not sure losing Te'o early is a bad thing for them as Minter is a solid ILB himself. It seems odd at first but a position they need to replace desperately

It could be interesting. We see the depth at DT and yet some big names fall to round 2 in my mock. J. Williams (MB's guy), Short, and S. Williams. All of which should be gone by pick 50 but all fall. Even though WR and CB aren't perticulally strong desperate teams at those positions take some early. I see a large run on DL and OL as soon as the 2nd round starts.

Looks pretty realistic, PE.

My only comments would be.

1.  I think Patterson is a huge reach by Buffalo... the upside this there, but that's too rich for my blood.

2.  The Rams aren't gonna like Jason Elam at S. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Easily a BB kind of pick for later rounds, proven talent but injured.

Teams Expect Barrett Jones to Start on PUP

Published March 24, 2013
    By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Alabama center Barrett Jones received a lot of attention the past few seasons. He has been a regular All-American at guard, left tackle and center while winning the Outland Trophy in 2011 and Rimington Trophy in 2012. He helped pave the way for a rushing offense that won three national championships in four years. He is one of the most decorated and accomplished offensive linemen in the history of college football.

At the end of the season, however, Jones sustained a lisfranc injury against Georgia in the SEC Championship. He finished that outing and played with it versus Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship. The injury prevented Jones from playing at the Senior Bowl and participating in the NFL Scouting Combine. Many in the NFL regard Jones' malady as more complex to come back from than a simple break.

Scouts told WalterFootball.com that their teams believe Jones won't be ready for the start of training camp and will probably start out his NFL career on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list. Being injured and unable to work out for scouts has definitely hurt Jones' draft stock according to scouts.

Sources believe that the uncertainty about when Jones will be able to take the field is hurting teams' comfort with drafting him. Scouts said they believe that he could make it into the third round, but could easily be a fourth-round pick.

Working in Jones' favor is his tremendous versatility to play four or all five of the positions on the offensive line. His best long-term starting position is center or guard. Scouts said that his lack of strength and athleticism point toward him being a third-day pick, but his great intangibles and versatility will also push him higher and cause coaches to lobby for him. Even if he misses the preseason and can't start immediately when healthy, Jones should be a valuable backup on game days.

While Jones may end up being a mid-round pick, he could be one of those mid-rounders who goes on to a long, productive NFL career with his injured start being a minor bump in the road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

hey JJ, if we can get a mid round pick or an extra 3rd Jones would be worth the PuP. Similar to how they took Cannon and PuPed him. But we need a WR, CB, and ST/SE first and fore most so unless they get a pick in a trade not sure I see Jones coming our way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Nice to see some posts of the draft.  I usually get around to it a couple of weeks before the draft.  Wait for FA to settle down.  PatsEng, your draft has a nice flow to it.

Here's a question for you draftniks out there.  I was thinking that this draft may be over rated.  There's not a lot of players who really get me excited.  For instance J. Hankins is one player who I would love to see on the Pats roster but I think he'll be long gone.  When I see a guard Chance Womack ranked so high it makes me think.  Players like QB Geno Smith and DE Bjoern Werner are a couple who cause me questions as well.  Now these players are good but I don't see them as top 10 material.

This draft is strong in certain areas and certain rounds but very weak in others. For instance:

In the top 50 it's strong in OL and DL.

In the mid 2nd to mid 4th range WR's and DB's it's fairly deep in with a lot of the players in this range having similar talent level but different playing styles

Towards the back end of the draft there's a number of talented but project QB's, RB's, and TE's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

hey JJ, if we can get a mid round pick or an extra 3rd Jones would be worth the PuP. Similar to how they took Cannon and PuPed him. But we need a WR, CB, and ST/SE first and fore most so unless they get a pick in a trade not sure I see Jones coming our way.

Totally agree!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I think Buffalo is going to reach or trade back into the first for QB  I do not think they will wait for the 2nd rd.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/03/bills-to-workout-six-qbs/

What do you all think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think Buffalo is going to reach or trade back into the first for QB  I do not think they will wait for the 2nd rd.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/03/bills-to-workout-six-qbs/

What do you all think?

i gusessing about 3 teams reach for qb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

14. Carolina - DT John Hankins- MB

15. New Orleans - DE Barkevious Mingo - digger

16. St Louis

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

16. St Louis - WR Tavon Austin - Champs

17. Pittsburgh

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Eng, in the other thread you were talking about Armstead.  He went to USC not LSU.  I wish he went to LSU.  I think USC players are overrated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

17. Pittsburgh- DE/OLB- Bjoern Werner- MB

18. Dallas

19. MYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Eng, in the other thread you were talking about Armstead.  He went to USC not LSU.  I wish he went to LSU.  I think USC players are overrated.

You are right, thanks or the correction

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

In terms of Jones, I think even if he does start on pup he's worth a high draft pick...the guy's dedication and smarts are off the charts, and he's started at three different interior line positions in three different years in CFB's toughest league by far...the guy is a leader and an athlete and tough guy...I want that guy on my team because he's demonstrated over and over he's willing to do whatever the team needs in order to win ...he'd be a perfect Pat.

Love the kid's intangibles and versatility... also was a big part of that championship pedigree that they have down in Tuscaloosa... if BB pulls the trigger on him on Day 2/Early Day 3, I can see the reasoning and would be happy to add a quality player, though I hope to see them address WR, CB or the other side of the LOS on Day 1 and 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

6. Cleveland - CB Dee Milliner - MB

7. Arizona - DT Shariff Floyd - Wazzu

8. Buffalo - OT Lane Johnson - Looneyman

10. Tenn - G Chance Warmack - HC

11. SD - OG Jon Cooper - MB

13. Tampa Bay - DT Sheldon Richardson - jjd

14. Carolina - DT John Hankins - MB

17. Pittsburgh - DE/OLB Bjoern Werner - MB

18. Dallas - S Kenny Vaccaro - digger

19. NYG

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

19. NYG- TE Tyler Eifert- HC

20. Chicago

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

20. Chicago - ILB Kevin Minter -jjd

21. Cincy

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

21. Cincy- OT DJ Fluker- MB

22. Rams (From WASH)

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Observations of late

-DE/OLB- Bjoern Werner seems to be dropping out of the top 5 to the 15-20 area.

-DT Jesse Williams goes to SF at #31 in almost every single mock draft.

-S Kenny Vaccaro reamins probably the most steady over the past 3 months in the 16-19 area.

-8 of the top 10 picks always seem to be-

L. Joeckel

S. Floyd

C. Warmack

D. Jordan

D. Millner

Z. Ansah

E. Fisher

G. Smith

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

[QUOTE]

21. Cincy- OT DJ Fluker- MB

22. Rams (From WASH) WR Cordarrelle Patterson- HC

23. Minnesota

24. Indy

25. Minnesota (From SEA)

26. Green Bay

27. Houston

28. Denver

29. New England

30. Atlanta

31. San Fran

32. Baltimore

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Observations of late

-DE/OLB- Bjoern Werner seems to be dropping out of the top 5 to the 15-20 area.

-DT Jesse Williams goes to SF at #31 in almost every single mock draft.

-S Kenny Vaccaro reamins probably the most steady over the past 3 months in the 16-19 area.

-8 of the top 10 picks always seem to be-

L. Joeckel

S. Floyd

C. Warmack

D. Jordan

D. Millner

Z. Ansah

E. Fisher

G. Smith

That makes a lot of sense for SF to take Williams or a big DT with their first or second(KC's 2nd) round pick since Sopoaga is gone

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Hey PE,

Nice mock. I also have been trying to do my own mock. We have similar early picks (tweaks here and there). It was fun to compare.

1. Kansas City - OT Luke Joeckel: No need for explanation
    2. Jacksonville - DE Zeke Ansah (PE's pick Dion Jordan): I do think they pick a DE here. However, unless I missed them saying they will go 34, I believe however that Ansah is the better pick for them. He's similar in quickness, but already bigger and stronger against the run.
    3. Oakland - DE/DT Sharif Floyd: My only caveat here is that Lotulelei is a wild card.
    4. Philadelphia - QB Geno Smith: Before SFF picked Alex Smith, I did not have PHI picking a QB here. With Geno available, Kelly has an opportunity to immediately start building his offense.
    5. Detroit - DE/OLB Dion Jordan (PE's pick Eric Fisher): They lost Avril to FA and Vanden Bosch is turning 35 in November.  
    6. Cleveland- CB Dee Milliner: Completely agree with your statement "Adding the top CB in the draft would go a long way to helping rebuild a D that recently added Bryant and Kruger"
    7. Arizona - OT Eric Fisher (PE's pick Ezekiel Ansah): While I agree that they also want a DE, Fisher is the bigger talent that addresses a need, if Ansah and Jordan are gone.
    8. Buffalo- OG Chance Warmack (PE's pick Cordarrelle Patterson): I did consider their need for a WR. However, I thought there are very good WRs to be had in the early second round, so perhaps wiser to pick up a stud OL who can help protect whoever ends up at the QB spot.
    9. NYJ - OLB Javis Jones: I considered Mingo for this
    10. Tenn - DT Sheldon Richardson (PE's pick Chance Warmack): Could use upgrades on both sides. I thought Richardson would make the most significant upgrade to the team.
    11. SD- OT Lane Johnson (Pe's pick Jon Cooper): I spent many weekends in Sand Diego over the last year and therefore got to see Rivers on his behind a lot. I saw on ESPN.com that he was the second most sacked QB. LT is in dire need of an upgrade. Could be a bit of a reach but SDC will not care.
    12. MIA - CB Xavier Rhodes: Yup
    13. Tampa Bay - DE Bjeorn Werner (PE's pick Star Lotulelei): I thought Bennett was a bigger loss than Miller. Losing one of their CBs I think would also be big.
    14. Carolina - WR C Patterson (PE's pick S Richardson): Richardson is gone in this mock. Rivera also has said they would give S Smith more days to rest and will be looking for Smith's successor.
    15. New Orleans - DE D Jones (PE's pick B Mingo): I missed the memo on them wanting to move to 3-4, so I had here who I thought was the best available 43 DE.
    16. St Louis - WR D Hopkins (PE's pick Tavon Austin): Had fun with St Louis. They lost Amendola and Gibson. With so many picks this year, they could afford to take risks and pick two WRs - Hopkins and Austin - in the first. I would prioritize Hopkins over Austin (personal preference)
    17. Pittsburgh - DE/OLB B Mingo (PE picks B Werner): PIT released OLB J Harrison. My guess is they pick up a possible replacement.
    18. Dallas - OG J Cooper (PE picks K Vaccaro): They are a few OL failures from being successful
    19. NYG - DE D Moore (PE picks A Ogletree): Potential replacement for Osi. Longer and just 5 lbs lighter.
    20. Chicago - OT DJ Fluker (PE picks L Johnson): Chi needs to add OL help and is thankful Johnson made it to them. They gladly take a T to add to the team now that Ogletree isn't on the board to replace Urlacher
    21. Cincy - LB A Ogletree (PE's pick D.J. Fluker): Insurance needed given struggles that Maualuga had last season
    22. Rams (From WASH) - WR T Austin (PE's pick M Elam): I don't know if they'd be willing to do a BB, given this extra pick. Together with Patterson could be one of the most dynamic young WR tandems in football
    23. Minnesota - WR K Allen: I thought they'd pick a WR. Allen is highest available on my board
    24. Indy - DT J Hankins (PE's pick M Te'o): Same context - i.e., changeover to 3-4. I thought getting a NT should be their priority. I am guessing they choose between Hankins and J Williams. 
    25. Minnesota (From SEA) - DT K Short (PE: J Jenkins): For some reason I can't explain, I thought short is a better fit for how they run their D. I may be wrong, given except for AP highlights, I seldom see Vikings on TV
    26. Green Bay - CB D Trufant (PE: T Eifert): If they want to win the NFC then they have to improve their D, which looked really slow/sluggish against SFF. With Woodson at 36, Trufant could supply an initial doze of speed.
    27. Houston - DE/OLB A Okafor (PE: D Hopkins): They lost Barwin in FA. They also need a WR#2. There's depth in WR. They go for Texas product, Okafor.
    28. Denver - DE M Hunt (PE: C Carradine): They lost a very good pass rusher with question marks against the run. M Hunt could give them exactly what Dumervil did.
    29. New England - DT J Jenkins (PE: J Hankins): Choose between Jenkins and J Williams. Williams is more raw. 
    30. Atlanta - DE C Carradine (PE: D Trufant): They lose Abraham. Carradine is a smart pick here. Picking up Osi or Freeney in FA could be the bridge to when Carradine gets healthy.
    31. San Fran - DT J Williams (PE: M Hunt): Reloading the interior DL 
    32. Baltimore - ILB Kevin Minter: In this scenario, Teo would still be available. Based on Harbaugh's reaction to Teo's performance at the combine, it's safe to say he's not a big fan of the kid.