***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/04/2013-nfl-draft-belichick-poking-around-illinois.html

Who might he be targeting?

The top name on our board at Illinois is “bandit” linebacker / defensive end Michael Buchanan. He had some incredible tape in 2011, most notably against Northwestern. His play seemed to suffer a bit in 2012 under the new coaching regime, but he still has the athletic skills to make an impact on the edge.

Here is our full scouting report on Buchanan from early this year. I currently see him as a 2nd-4th round pick.

Defensive tackle Akeem Spence is another player that the Patriots might be looking at this April. Due to his height (6’1″), Spence doesn’t really project as a 5-technique defensive end for the Patriots, and would be limited to the inside. He excels at shooting gaps from the 1 and 3-techniques and makes a lot of tackles in the run game. His 3.5 career sacks aren’t anything to write home about, however.

With Armond Armstead and Tommy Kelly already filling a similar role, I’m not sure Spence would offer the Patriots much in his first year – especially as a 3rd-5th round pick.

Lastly, cornerback Terry Hawthorne, center Graham Pocic and guard Hugh Thornton are all late round options that the Patriots could be interested in. The Patriots have surprised us with picks from Illinois before – Tavon Wilson and Eugene Wilson come to mind – so it is best not to sleep on any of these prospects.

Out of the three, Hawthorne has the most upside as an NFL player. He came in to 2012 as a highly touted prospect, but his injury plagued season did little to help his draft stock. He has some size (6’0″ / 195) and speed (4.44), but his technique and injury issues should be a major red flag for the Patriots.

Hey JJ,

Buchanan is a kid that I really like in the late Day 2/Early Day 3 range (Also like LSU's Lavar Edwards and South Carolina's Devin Taylor in that range)... has the ideal length that BB likes and love the versatility...  I liked him better than Mercilus last season when watching Whitney's tape.  Hawthorne looked like a tough, blude collar type kid when I watched him on tape... active kid that was very aggressive/willing in run support... had a pretty bad concussion at some point during the season I believe and was carted off the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/04/2013-nfl-draft-belichick-poking-around-illinois.html

The top name on our board at Illinois is “bandit” linebacker / defensive end Michael Buchanan. He had some incredible tape in 2011, most notably against Northwestern. His play seemed to suffer a bit in 2012 under the new coaching regime, but he still has the athletic skills to make an impact on the edge.

Here is our full scouting report on Buchanan from early this year. I currently see him as a 2nd-4th round pick.

Defensive tackle Akeem Spence is another player that the Patriots might be looking at this April. Due to his height (6’1″), Spence doesn’t really project as a 5-technique defensive end for the Patriots, and would be limited to the inside. He excels at shooting gaps from the 1 and 3-techniques and makes a lot of tackles in the run game. His 3.5 career sacks aren’t anything to write home about, however.

With Armond Armstead and Tommy Kelly already filling a similar role, I’m not sure Spence would offer the Patriots much in his first year – especially as a 3rd-5th round pick.

Lastly, cornerback Terry Hawthorne, center Graham Pocic and guard Hugh Thornton are all late round options that the Patriots could be interested in. The Patriots have surprised us with picks from Illinois before – Tavon Wilson and Eugene Wilson come to mind – so it is best not to sleep on any of these prospects.

Out of the three, Hawthorne has the most upside as an NFL player. He came in to 2012 as a highly touted prospect, but his injury plagued season did little to help his draft stock. He has some size (6’0″ / 195) and speed (4.44), but his technique and injury issues should be a major red flag for the Patriots.

Hey JJ,

Buchanan is a kid that I really like in the late Day 2/Early Day 3 range (Also like LSU's Lavar Edwards and South Carolina's Devin Taylor in that range)... has the ideal length that BB likes and love the versatility...  I liked him better than Mercilus last season when watching Whitney's tape.  Hawthorne looked like a tough, blude collar type kid when I watched him on tape... active kid that was very aggressive/willing in run support... had a pretty bad concussion at some point during the season I believe and was carted off the field.

I think they might be looking at Thornton. Buchanan is similar to Taylor, not sure which one has the edge. NE needs picks if they want these guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

This is why Jessie Williams could be the pick at 29 versatility with no drop off in performance.

Said respected analyst Greg Cosell of Williams (via Shutdown Corner):

I really like this kid. I think he can transition to the NFL at multiple positions, in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 front. I don't think there's a big difference between him and Lotulelei. I think he's probably athletic enough to be a three-technique tackle when push comes to shove, but he's so versatile, I almost think you could line him up anywhere in a three-man or four-man base, and he can play really well.

At 6'3", 323 pounds, Williams' size fits perfectly with the "double nose" base defense the Patriots ran in 2012. But, most importantly, Williams also has the quickness and strength to push the pocket, something the Patriots desperately need from their base defense.

There are other more traditional 3-4 defensive tackles like John Jenkins of Georgia, or more traditional 4-3 ones like Sylvester Williams of North Carolina, but Jesse Williams has the size and versatility to fit the multiple-front defenses the Patriots like to run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hey JJ,

I think they might be looking at Thornton. Buchanan is similar to Taylor, not sure which one has the edge. NE needs picks if they want these guys.

Or does BB make another surprise Rd 2 pick out of Champaign, IL? ;)  I do agree that all 3 are Rd 3 kids at best and that they'd need to maneuver... assuming the deal for Sanders goes through.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This is why Jessie Williams could be the pick at 29 versatility with no drop off in performance.

I really like this kid. I think he can transition to the NFL at multiple positions, in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 front. I don't think there's a big difference between him and Lotulelei. I think he's probably athletic enough to be a three-technique tackle when push comes to shove, but he's so versatile, I almost think you could line him up anywhere in a three-man or four-man base, and he can play really well.

At 6'3", 323 pounds, Williams' size fits perfectly with the "double nose" base defense the Patriots ran in 2012. But, most importantly, Williams also has the quickness and strength to push the pocket, something the Patriots desperately need from their base defense.

There are other more traditional 3-4 defensive tackles like John Jenkins of Georgia, or more traditional 4-3 ones like Sylvester Williams of North Carolina, but Jesse Williams has the size and versatility to fit the multiple-front defenses the Patriots like to run.

I like the sound of that... "double nose".  Versatility is the name of the game in Foxboro!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

One thing about it, if we end up getting Sanders, then we are set up to draft BPA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

One thing about it, if we end up getting Sanders, then we are set up to draft BPA.

Hey Wazz, I agree that the addition of Sanders would leave no real gaping holes on the roster... would still like them to add another WR and a CB at the very least and still want Uncle Jesse at #29... but they do appear to have the depth on their roster to essentially do what they want on draft weekend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

draft a DE to be an Jones opposite, Carradine, Jones, Hunt are some names that could be pick in the first round.

DT we will grab a DT in this draft wilfork isn't getting younger and his contract ends in 2015, maybe this guy can be wilfork sucessor 

Draft a Cb to be the guy  here when Talib leaves(remember Light and Solder?) first or second round

Draft a Wr to complete our Receiver group (someone who can make defenses woried about, principally in the long pass). Second/third and maybe someone in the 7th

OL we got a guy that can be solid in the T position, Cannon will be moved to guard, if we lost Wendell, Connoly can play center, and Cannon Guard.Maybe someone in later rounds.

S We have Wilson,Gregory,DMC,and A.Wilson. We don't have a lot of picks,I think we won't get a safety this year.

LB we have a really good grup, but we need a LB that can cover. first round?No

Second? No, Third? No .bb will do something to have picks in the 4th and (maybe 5th) this is the place I would take a LB

TE: Maybe a UDFA or someone in the Seventh but I think we don't have to spend a pick in this position.

what do u think guys?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

no rogers eh? 

not sure, but im wondering if i saw him on a list at some point (contact wtih pats).

whats our % rate signing players we have no contact with over the bb era jj?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think our % rate is that good when it comes to the early rounds.  Meaning, I don't think the guys we pick are usually found on any list of contact between BB and them.  He's usually pretty stealthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Defensive Line

Michael Brockers, LSU (OV, PD)
    Anthony Jacobs, Minnesota (PD)
    Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati (PW, PD)
    Ronnie Cameron, Old Dominion (PD)
    Josue Ortiz, Harvard (PW, PD)
    Armond Armstead, USC (PD, OV)
    Chandler Jones, Syracuse (I)
    Nick Perry, USC (OV, PD)
    Christo Bilukidi, Georgia State (OV)

Linebackers

Ryan Davis, Bethune Cookman (AS, PW)
    Darius Fleming, Notre Dame (I)
    Melvin Ingram, South Carolina (I, OV)
    Luke Kuechly, Boston College (PD, I)
    Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma (PD, OV)
    Courtney Upshaw, Alabama (PD, AS, I)
    Whitney Mercilus, Illinois (PD)
    Kyle Wilber, Wake Forest (PD)
    Bruce Irvin, West Virginia (OV)
    Lavonte David, Nebraska (PW)
    Zach Brown, North Carolina (PD, PW)
    Noah Keller, Ohio (OV)
    Shea McClellin, Boise State (PW or OV)

Defensive Backs

Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska (PW)
    Tony Dye, UCLA (OV)
    Ron Brooks, LSU (PD, PW, OV)
    Omar Bolden, Arizona State (OV)
    Brandon Taylor, LSU (PW, PD)
    Harrison Smith, Notre Dame (I)
    Ryan Steed, Furman (AS)
    Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt (AS)
    Jeremy Jones, Wayne State (PW)
    Jeron McMillan, Maine (PD)
    Matt Daniels, Yale (PD)
    Micah Pellerin, Hampton (PW – with DB coach, PD)
    Jordan Bernstine, Iowa (PD, PW)
    Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina (OV)
    Tavon Wilson, Illinois (PW, PD)
    Trumaine Johnson, Montana (OV)
    Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State (OV, PD)

Quarterbacks

Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (PD)
    Patrick Witt, Yale (PD, PW)

Running Backs

Doug Martin, Boise State (OV, PW, PD)
    Fozzy Whitaker, Texas (PW)
    Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati (PW, PD)
    Travaris Cadet, Appalachian State (AS)
    Chris Rainey, Florida (PW, PD)
    David Wilson, Virginia Tech (OV)

Tight Ends

Adrien Robinson, Cincinnati (PW, PD)
    Emil Igwenagu, UMass (AS, PD)
    Eric Lair, Minnesota (PD)
    Les Brown, BYU Basketball (PD)

Wide Receivers

Kendall Wright, Baylor (PW, PD)
    Joe Adams, Arkansas (AS, I, PD)
    A.J. Jenkins, Illinois (AS, PD)
    Darius Reynolds, Iowa State (PW, PD)
    Rich Rossi, Sacred Heart (PD)
    Josh Bellamy, Louisville (PW)
    Deonte Thompson, Florida (PD)
    Tommy Streeter, Miami (PW)

Offensive Line

Chris Anzevino, Kent State (PW)
    Johnnie Troutman, Penn State (AS)
    Marcel Jones, Nebraska (PW)

Maybe I am wrong on this one.  Current Pats are-    

Chandler Jones

Tavon Wilson

Alfonzo Dennard

Armond Armstead

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Team Visits – Offense

QB Tim Tebow, Florida
    RB Montario Hardesty, Tennessee
    RB Charles Scott, LSU
    WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
    WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois
    WR Eric Decker, Minnesota
    C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

Private Workouts – Offense

QB Tony Pike, Cincinnati
    QB Mike Kafka, Northwestern
    QB Zack Robinson, Oklahoma State
    QB Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic
    RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
    RB Manase Tonga, BYU
    RB Dexter McCluster, Mississippi
    RB James Starks, Buffalo
    WR Andre Roberts, Citadel
    WR Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
    WR Scott Long, Louisville
    WR Taylor Price, Ohio
    TE Dennis Pitta, BYU
    TE Aaron Hernandez, Florida
    TE Nate Bynam, Pittsburgh
    TE Scott Sicko, UNH
    OT Nic Richmond, TCU
    OG Phil Costa, Maryland
    C Jim Cordle, Ohio State
    OT Daniel Baldridge, Marshall

Team Visits – Defense

DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
    DE Corey Wootton, Northwestern
    DE Daniel Te’o-Nesheim, Washington
    DE Hall Davis, Louisiana-Lafayette
    DE Chris McCoy, Middle Tennessee State
    DT Dan Williams, Tennessee
    DT Tyson Alualu, California
    DT Brian Price, UCLA
    DT Cam Thomas, North Carolina
    OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
    OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU
    ILB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
    LB Donald Butler, Washington
    CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State

Private Workouts – Defense

DE Antonio Coleman, Auburn
    DE Alex Daniels, Cincinnati
    DT Al Woods, LSU
    DT Torell Troup, UCF
    DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse
    DT Corey Peters, Kentucky
    DT Aleric Mullins, North Carolina
    DT Jeff Owens, Georgia
    DT Ricardo Mathews, Cincinnati
    LB Brandon Spikes, Florida
    LB Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech
    LB Ricky Sapp, Clemson
    LB Kavell Conner, Clemson
    LB Thaddeus Gibson, Ohio State
    LB Dekoda Watson, Florida State
    LB Matt Mayberry, Indiana
    S Earl Thomas, Texas
    S Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech
    S Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt
    CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama
    CB Chris Cook, Virginia
    CB Dominique Franks, Oklahoma
    CB Nolan Carroll, Maryland
    CB Robert McClain, Connecticut
    CB Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
    CB Sherrick McManis, Northwestern
    P Brent Bowden, Virginia Tech
    P Zoltan Mesko, Michigan

2011 contacted and drafted players looks like-

WR Taylor Price

TE Aaron Hernandez

LB Brandon Spikes

K Zoltan Mesko

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So if I'm reading this right it can about a 50/50 shot if they look at a player they could take him but still no guarantee, esp in the earlier rounds. However, at risk players like Price (lack of college work), Hern (pot smoking), Dennard (punch cop), Spikes (bad combine off-field red flag), Armstead (heart) then they do bring them in every time.

Of the at risks they brought in Mathieu and M. Wilson seem like the most logical based on teams needs with Tuel and Stills also having question marks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

So if I'm reading this right it can about a 50/50 shot if they look at a player they could take him but still no guarantee, esp in the earlier rounds. However, at risk players like Price (lack of college work), Hern (pot smoking), Dennard (punch cop), Spikes (bad combine off-field red flag), Armstead (heart) then they do bring them in every time.

Of the at risks they brought in Mathieu and M. Wilson seem like the most logical based on teams needs with Tuel and Stills also having question marks

good point PatsEng!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Exactly, I think BB likes to target players with issues in latter rounds that could be great, but have fallen off many team boards.

Brady couldn't hold on to the starting job.

Cassell didn't start in college period.

Mallett liked to smoke weed.

Dennard punched a cop.

Gronk had back issues.

Those are off the top of my head, but I think anyone with an injury, off the field issue, or just could not find the field for one reason or the other are prime candidates.

Mathieu is a defenite possibility.  Same goes for Hayden?  Tank F'ing Carradine, talk about a prime candidate.  He's our 1st round pick this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Exactly, I think BB likes to target players with issues in latter rounds that could be great, but have fallen off many team boards.

Dennard punched a cop.

Gronk had back issues.

Those are off the top of my head, but I think anyone with an injury, off the field issue, or just could not find the field for one reason or the other are prime candidates.

Mathieu is a defenite possibility.  Same goes for Hayden?  Tank F'ing Carradine, talk about a prime candidate.  He's our 1st round pick this year.

Good post... BB is def smart and has been very successful with the "buy low" type picks.

I think Hayden has a chance to be their Rd 1 pick as well (assuming teams are comfortable with his medicals)... he's about as solid an all around CB as there is in this class, IMO.  This of course goes against the whole capitalizing on a kid who's dropping for one reason or another.  I'd love to hear Tank's name called as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

One thing that stikes me is that there's only a couple of players on that list who seem like a #29.  I think there's a few that I could see going in the top 15, some in the 25-30 range, but the majority look like 2-3 rounders and beyond.  Maybe BB plans on dropping out of the 1st and picking up additional picks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I like the sound of that... "double nose".  Versatility is the name of the game in Foxboro!

I'm thinking Williams would be the pick over Jenkins if they go DT. I'm 50/50 on them with Jenkins maybe having the edge due to I love his size. Thinking like BB and how he loves the versatility and the Saban connection, I think Williams is more likely the guy to be in a Pats uniform though. Which of course I'd love to see

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Action-Jackson's comment:

Good stuff!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

so since the Pats currently have picks in less rounds then rounds they don't have picks I thought I'd make a list of favorite players we won't get (assuming the 3rd is gone for Sanders). Now I know there is no chance BB goes the entire draft with only a 1st, 2nd, and 2 7ths but this should be interesting:

Nick Kasa TE - an all around TE with a great combination of size, speed, and athletism. He's one of the biggest TE in the draft at 6'6" 275lbs but he's also one of the fastest 4.7. He's a good blocker how wasn't used often as a pass catcher but has a ton of upside. 3rd-5th range

Chris Gragg TE - a smaller TE at 6'3" 245 he is also one of the fastest at 4.5 flat. He's got good hands and is one of the more polished route running TE's in the draft. Not a great blocker but a perfect H-Back mold 6-UDFA rangs

Marquess Wilson WR - a bigger 6'3" 195lb WR with some good speed 4.5 and explosiveness. He can create his own separation or box out CB's. Good hands and is an above average blocker who can beat press coverage off the line. The off-field issues are a big concern as is if he can take to coaching but this kid has very high talent level. 3rd-UDFA range

Brandon Kaufman WR - huge is such a small word for the 6'5" 215lb WR. Kaufman isn't going to blow you away with speed but he is a well polished route runner who somehow manages to gain separation. He can out jump, out fight, and completely box out even taller LB's on the field. In the red zone trying to press him at the line is a recipe for failure as he'll just toss you to the ground. He was a favorite of mine but his stock has slipped and I started looking at other options earlier. However, this kid is going to be something special in the red zone for whoever gets him. He was one of the most productive WRs in the college game last year which is amazing considering he's got the speed of a TE and less athletic but he just gets open, makes catches, and fights for every yard. I'd love to see him on the Pats. 5th-7th range

Jeff Tuel QB - he has good triangle numbers and all the intangibles you could want out of a QB. If not for an injury riddled 11' season which forced Washington to plan for his departure and platoon him he'd easily be considered a early day 2 pick. He's very smart with the ball and has a very high completion %. Very confortable moving around the pocket but has the speed to flush outside and take off. Could be a great Mallett replacement if they trade Mallet. 6th-UDFA range

Kwame Geathers DT - big and more big the 6'5" 350lb NT would have started on most teams that didn't have a player of J Jenkins caliber he is vastly underrated. He has high potential and can be disruptive behind the line when given consistent playing time. Not the fastest guy but plugs the gaps extremely well against the run and can handle double teams while tracking a runner. Could be an interesting prospect if the Pats are looknig for mid round DL depth. 3rd-5th range

William Gholston DE - some are immediately going to associate the name Gholston to bust, and like his former counter part Gholston is a freak athlete who can't utilize this ability to get to the passer. However, this incarnation is extremely good on the edge stopping runners. A very smart player who can sniff out screens and provided the runner is within his long arm reach gives up nothing. If you are within grabbing distance against Gholston you are getting drag down for minimal gain. 3rd-5th range

Quanterus Smith DE - If not for an ACL tear we'd all be raving about this kid. 12.5 sacks including 3 going against Fluker. His sacks came in bunches but still was disruptive when not hitting the QB. If he brings some consistency to his game he'll be a very dangerous situational rusher. 4th-7th range 

Tyrann Mathieu CB - the honey badger was a tremendous talent without the size. Still he played well above his size and just made plays. Sometimes the traingle numbers don't tell you everything and that's the case with Mathieu. Some say because of lack of size he's slot only but with the right match up I think he can play inside or out. The Pats have talked to him twice now so they might feel the same. 3rd-6th range

Micah Hyde CB/S - Hyde is a very good all around player who's fundamentally sound. Not the fastest guy will limit what positions he can play. It might serve him well to add 10-15lbs and become a FS/SS combo type player as his tackling tech is sound and he can cover slower receviers well. 4th-7th range

Cooper Taylor SS - a 6'5" 235 SS? Yep, now this kid could be a SS/LB combo who has impressive coverage skills for a kid his size and can hit heavy and often. With Wilson in the mix it would be interesting to have him train Cooper and see what he can get out of the kid. You can't teach size but fundamentally Taylor has a lot going for him too. 5th-7th range

Jamie Collins LB - a name I'm starting to fall in love with. He's good in all aspects whether it's dropping back in coverage, pluggin gaps against the run, or gettings to the QB. He's not elite but nether was Bruschi and I see Collins in a similar mold. having a Collins on your team as a 4th LB opens up a lot of possibilities that previously weren't there. Would be interesting to see what BB could do with this utility knife of LBs. 3rd-4th range

Solid list, PE... I'd have Mathieu, Taylor, Hyde and Kasa on mine as well... I'd also have the following:

Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse- A Bob Sanders type kid... 5-8+ 213 sledgehammer that plays an ultra-aggressive and physical brand of football... a definite tone setter on the back end with the ability to play up in the box and excel on ST.

Josh Evans S Florida- Another ultra-physical and active kid with good size and triangle #'s that could really excel down in the box.

Ace Sanders PR/WR South Carolina-  He's really one of my favorite players in this class... arguably the best PR man in college football last season and also has some big play ability as a WR due to his elite short area quicks... also has solid hands.

Ryan Swope WR Tex A&M- Tough kid, not afraid to work the tough areas of the field and makes the tough catch in traffic, sneaky deep speed, solid effort as a blocker... proven against tough competition.

Lavar Edwards DE/OLB LSU- Overshadowed by Mingo and Montgomery, this kid actually working his way into the starting lineup early in the season and produced while getting snaps as part of their edge rotation... he's a competitive kid with a good motor, that moves well and is a solid run defender with edge rush upside.

Michael Buchanan DE/OLB Illinois- Very good height and length, good overall motor and effort, good triangle #'s... he's also a versatile kid that can play in space or with his hand in the dirt... I'm higher on him than I was on Mercilus.

Still hoping that South Florida CB Kayvon Webster is available in Rd 7, but he's a decent sized kid with excellent play speed and triangle #'s and is one of the better tacklers that I've seen on tape, particularly in the open field... me might work his way up in the Rd 4-5 range when all is said and done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

One thing that stikes me is that there's only a couple of players on that list who seem like a #29.  I think there's a few that I could see going in the top 15, some in the 25-30 range, but the majority look like 2-3 rounders and beyond.  Maybe BB plans on dropping out of the 1st and picking up additional picks.

I noticed that too and wondered the same if he plans to trade back. The list kills me in that you still never know what he's going to do based on it. If only I could be a fly on his wall for a day(sigh)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

I noticed that too and wondered the same if he plans to trade back. The list kills me in that you still never know what he's going to do based on it. If only I could be a fly on his wall for a day(sigh)

that's why is too cool trying to mocking Pats draft

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

In response to Action-Jackson's comment:

Good stuff!

hahahahaha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Dennard punched a cop.

Gronk had back issues.

Keenan Allen is another kid that could drop due to his poor 40 time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I like seeing Dayne Crist on the list. Played under Charlie Weiss and I think his arm strength has gotten better. If Mallett is traded I'd like to see him added to the mix to compete for the backup job. Maybe put him on the PS for a year