***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

BTW... WE'RE ONLY A WEEK AWAY FROM THE DRAFT!!!!!!!

Yep and only 53 more weeks until the 14' draft!!!  Oh that would PO TP  >.>

Something about PO TP makes me happy...

Hahaha I dare you to start the 2014 thread on April 28th

That ain't right..... but if he does it, I will go post my watch list the day after!

LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Wonderlic Scores - Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports WR Tavon Austin scored a 7 on the Wonderlic test, while Tennessee WR Corderrelle Patterson scored an 11, while teammateWR Justin Hunter scored a 12 on the test, at the Combine in Indy.  Cal WR Keenan Allen scored a 19, and USC WR Robert Woods scored a 23.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I just don't understand bred. Carradine, is not a 3 down player and prior to the knee injury was a huge liability in the run game. Florida ran all over him. He wasn't even a full time player at Florida State. He's a good-great pass rusher but would have to come off the field in running situations or teams will take huge advantage of that. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from the injury and what caused that sudden explosion of pass rushing ability but not a guy I want. To many times Guys who bust out their senior year with only one aspect don't have the same explosion in production in the Pro's. I also look for steady production and consistent increase in production as, imo, it translates into better overall production in the Por's 

Sorry man, I respect your opinion, but I disagree completely on this topic... he's not a liability against the run at all and wasn't against Florida either... they didn't run all over him.  Overall, he's strong at the POA, using his length, strength and good leverage to set the edge... stays home on plays the other way and gives an excellent effort in pursuit... there was one instance in the FLA game where Driskel got outside the pocket to the defensive left side and Tank (the RDE) was the players to track him down 30 yards down the field.  I don't see how one can watch him play and see him as a liablity against the run... it just isn't true.

He only played two years at FSU after transferring from a JC, but he produced when he played and it's tough to fault him for that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BTW... WE'RE ONLY A WEEK AWAY FROM THE DRAFT!!!!!!!

Yep and only 53 more weeks until the 14' draft!!!  Oh that would PO TP  >.>

Something about PO TP makes me happy...

Hahaha I dare you to start the 2014 thread on April 28th

That ain't right..... but if he does it, I will go post my watch list the day after!

Hahaha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Looks like it was Hopkins and Harrison's hotel room that was trashed at the combine. If they did it, would any of you guys draft them?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9187853/deandre-hopkins-mark-harrison-trashed-hotel-rooms-combine-sources-say

who you are around matters. if hopkins "did it" and he dropped, hell yes.

surrounded by a pat org hes not gonna behave that way. unfortunately all the other teams interested in hopkins are going to see it the same way.

my top need is a pas rusher not a receiver so id prefer pass rusher (okafor or carradine or hunt) and rogers and dobson 

to hopkins in rd 1, and whatever else i could get (unless i could move up for okafor or carradine or hunt with 2nd pick)

Good post. I'd take Okafor over Carradine and Hunt. Originally I liked Carradine more but I'd be happy with any of the 3 if pass rusher is the way they go

I would still draft Hopkins in the 1st. Good chance he didn't do it and besides it sounds more like the results of a party or something at the room instead of something Keith Moon would do

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The more I look at the prospects who are likely to be available in the late 1st round, the more I am convinced that we will be forced to make a pick at 29.  I just can't see anyone being enticed to trade up from the second round into the first for any of the guys who are likely to be on the board at that point.  I know that it is a popular theory that a QB needy team could trade up into the late first to grab a QB, but does anyone really think that the likes of Barkley, Bray, Manuel, etc are worth trading up for?  I just don't see it.  I don't think we will see much trade movement in the first this year, and I'm pretty sure BB will be making a pick at 29 unless he is willing to take poor value to move out, which I highly doubt...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

The more I look at the prospects who are likely to be available in the late 1st round, the more I am convinced that we will be forced to make a pick at 29.  I just can't see anyone being enticed to trade up from the second round into the first for any of the guys who are likely to be on the board at that point.  I know that it is a popular theory that a QB needy team could trade up into the late first to grab a QB, but does anyone really think that the likes of Barkley, Bray, Manuel, etc are worth trading up for?  I just don't see it.  I don't think we will see much trade movement in the first this year, and I'm pretty sure BB will be making a pick at 29 unless he is willing to take poor value to move out, which I highly doubt...

I hear what you're saying and I don't think any of them are worthy of a 1st rd pick. Some team might start sweating though and want to jump in front of Jacksonville depending on who's still on the board. A lot of teams knowing BB may give him a call knowing he likes to trade back

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Does anyone else feel that teams are reluctant to deal with NE if they can deal with another team? Excluding in their division, of course, but it seems last year most of us thought he would trade down and get more picks and he didn't. Wonder if he couldn't vs. didn't want to.

If I were a head coach or GM, I would be tired of hearing about his genius and wouldn't want to help build that image. 

Just a thought. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I reached your conclusion a month ago. I had an exchange with bred on this. Bred feels that there will be teams wanting to move up for a QB. To me, all the QBs this year, project equally - not well. Put yourself in the shoes of a team. Why would you move up if you can just pick up whoever is left and get a QB with the same skill level? It's the same with other positions. 

I worry more about the portion of your post that I bolded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

Does anyone else feel that teams are reluctant to deal with NE if they can deal with another team? Excluding in their division, of course, but it seems last year most of us thought he would trade down and get more picks and he didn't. Wonder if he couldn't vs. didn't want to.

If I were a head coach or GM, I would be tired of hearing about his genius and wouldn't want to help build that image. 

Just a thought. 

YES... Albeit for a slightly different reason - fear of coming out of the other side, perceived as being outsmarted... getting the short end of the deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Just a thought. 

Personally, I think teams are looking out for the own best interest and if the best deal happens to come from BB/NE, then a team would gladly take it.

I also think the league wide perception of BB (from other Coaches/GM's/Personnel types, etc.) is more respect than resentment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

mb,

I see Datone Jones on your list, however, I don't remember seeing your thoughts on him. 

What i have seen, I have liked....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

mb,

I see Datone Jones on your list, however, I don't remember seeing your thoughts on him. 

I don't think he gets past NYG. They collect kids with that combination of size and talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

mb,

Big strong kid with good movement ability and the versatility to potentially play DE or DT in a 43... BB was utilizing both Cunningham and Francis in this hybrid type role last season. 

As SP said, he could very well be off the board before 29.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

OK Fellas.  Here's my best attempt at a 2013 Mock.  I'll do two rounds, and try to throw a few trades in, even though there's no way I can predict those.  Criticism is not only encouraged, but expected!

Round 1:

1)  KC- Luke Joeckel  OT

2)  Jax-  Shariff Floyd  DT

3)  Oak-  Lane Johnson  OT

4)  Philly-  Dion Jordan  OLB

5)  Det-  Eric Fisher  OT

6)  Clev-  Dee Milliner  CB

7)  AZ-  Sheldon Richardson  DT

8)  Buf-  Star Lotulelei  DT

9)  NYJ-  Tavon Austin  WR

10)  Tenn-  Jonathan Cooper  OG

11)  Mia-  Jarvis Jones  OLB

12)  SD-  Chance Warmack  OG

13)   Trade Atl-  Ziggy Ansah  (Atl gives up #30, 2nd, and 3rd to TB)

14)  Car-  Justin Hunter  WR

15)  NO-  Barkevious Mingo  DE

16)  Stl-  Alec Ogletree  LB

17)  Pitt- Damontre Moore  OLB

18)  Dal-  Tyler Eifert  TE

19)  NYG-  Bjoern Werner  DE

20)  Chi- DJ Flunker  OT

21)  Cinncy-  Kenny Vaccaro  S

22)  Stl-  Eddie Lacy  RB

23)  Minn-  Corradelle Patterson  WR

24)  Indy-  Datone Jones  DE

25)  Minn-  Xavier Rhodes  CB

26)  GB-  Margus Hunt  DE

27)  Hou-  Matt Elam  S

28) Trade Philly-  Geno Smith  QB  (Philly gives #36 & 3rd round pick to Den)

29)  Trade  Jax-  EJ Manuel  QB  (Jax gives #33, 4th round pick, and 2014 5th to NE)

30)  TB (from Atl)- Desmond Trufant  CB

31)  SF- Jonathan Cyprien  S

32)  Balt- Kevin Minter LB

Round 2

33)  Trade Tenn (from NE)-  Sylvester Williams  DT  (NE gets #40 and 2014 3rd)

34)  SF-  DJ Hayden  CB

35) Den (from Phi) Jamar Taylor  CB

36)  Det- Larry Warford  OG

37)  Cinncy- Tank Carradine  DE

38)  AZ- Zach Ertz  TE

39  NYJ- Jonathan Jenkins  DT

40)  NE  (from Tenn)-  DeAndre Hopkins  WR

41)  Buf- Tyler Bray  QB

42)  Mia- Kawan Short  DE

43)  Trade NE- Alex Okafor  DE  (TB gets Ryan Mallett and 2013 7th)

44)  Car- Arthur Brown  LB

45)  SD-  Eric Reid  S

46)  Stl-  Kyle Long  OG

47)  Dal-  Jonathan Banks  CB

48)  Pitt- Jonathan Hankins  DT

49)  NYG-  Giovani Bernard  RB

50)  Chi- Manti Teo  LB

51)  Skins- Keenan Allen  WR

52)  Minn-  Matt Barkley  QB

53)  Cinncy- David Amerson  CB

54)  Mia- Logan Ryan  CB
    55)  GB-  Robert Woods  WR

56)  Seattle-  Menelik Watson  OT

57)  Hou-  Terrance Williams  WR

58)  Den-  Bacarri Rambo  S

59)  NE-  Jesse Williams  DT

60)  TB (from Atl)-  Stedman Bailey. WR

61)  SF-  Corey Lemonier  DE

62)  Balt-  Sam Montgomery. DE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

OK Fellas.  Here's my best attempt at a 2013 Mock.  I'll do two rounds, and try to throw a few trades in, even though there's no way I can predict those.  Criticism is not only encouraged, but expected!

Round 1:

1)  KC- Luke Joeckel  OT

2)  Jax-  Shariff Floyd  DT

3)  Oak-  Lane Johnson  OT

4)  Philly-  Dion Jordan  OLB

5)  Det-  Eric Fisher  OT

6)  Clev-  Dee Milliner  CB

7)  AZ-  Sheldon Richardson  DT

8)  Buf-  Star Lotulelei  DT

9)  NYJ-  Tavon Austin  WR

10)  Tenn-  Jonathan Cooper  OG

11)  Mia-  Jarvis Jones  OLB

12)  SD-  Chance Warmack  OG

13)   Trade Atl-  Ziggy Ansah  (Atl gives up #30, 2nd, and 3rd to TB)

14)  Car-  Justin Hunter  WR

15)  NO-  Barkevious Mingo  DE

16)  Stl-  Alec Ogletree  LB

17)  Pitt- Damontre Moore  OLB

18)  Dal-  Tyler Eifert  TE

19)  NYG-  Bjoern Werner  DE

20)  Chi- DJ Flunker  OT

21)  Cinncy-  Kenny Vaccaro  S

22)  Stl-  Eddie Lacy  RB

23)  Minn-  Corradelle Patterson  WR

24)  Indy-  Datone Jones  DE

25)  Minn-  Xavier Rhodes  CB

26)  GB-  Margus Hunt  DE

27)  Hou-  Matt Elam  S

Trade Philly-  Geno Smith  QB  (Philly gives #36 & 3rd round pick to Den)

29)  Trade  Jax-  EJ Manuel  QB  (Jax gives #33, 4th round pick, and 2014 5th to NE)

30)  TB (from Atl)- Desmond Trufant  CB

31)  SF- Jonathan Cyprien  S

32)  Balt- Kevin Minter LB

Round 2

33)  Trade Tenn (from NE)-  Sylvester Williams  DT  (NE gets #40 and 2014 3rd)

34)  SF-  DJ Hayden  CB

35) Den (from Phi) Jamar Taylor  CB

36)  Det- Larry Warford  OG

37)  Cinncy- Tank Carradine  DE

38)  AZ- Zach Ertz  TE

39  NYJ- Jonathan Jenkins  DT

40)  NE  (from Tenn)-  DeAndre Hopkins  WR

41)  Buf- Tyler Bray  QB

42)  Mia- Kawan Short  DE

43)  Trade NE- Alex Okafor  DE  (TB gets Ryan Mallett and 2013 7th)

44)  Car- Arthur Brown  LB

45)  SD-  Eric Reid  S

46)  Stl-  Kyle Long  OG

47)  Dal-  Jonathan Banks  CB

48)  Pitt- Jonathan Hankins  DT

49)  NYG-  Giovani Bernard  RB

50)  Chi- Manti Teo  LB

51)  Skins- Keenan Allen  WR

52)  Minn-  Matt Barkley  QB

53)  Cinncy- David Amerson  CB

54)  Mia- Logan Ryan  CB
    55)  GB-  Robert Woods  WR

56)  Seattle-  Barrett Jones  OL

57)  Hou-  Terrance Williams  WR

58)  Den-  Bacarri Rambo  S

59)  NE-  Jesse Williams  DT

60)  TB (from Atl)-  Stedman Bailey. WR

61)  SF-  Corey Lemonier  DE

62)  Balt-  Sam Montgomery. DE

Would like it if things went down this way. The only thing I would change would be picking Arthur Brown LB instead of Okafor with pick 43. Love that we get an extra 3rd round pick. Maybe we use that for CB depth or for a high upside guy like RB Christine Michael/ Marcus Lattimore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Great Work. Would love it if things shook out this way. Only change I would make would be taking Arthur Brown LB instead of Okafor with pick 43.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to speedster81's comment:

Great Work. Would love it if things shook out this way. Only change I would make would be taking Arthur Brown LB instead of Okafor with pick 43.

I almost went with Brown.  He would be a great pick too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I just don't understand bred. Carradine, is not a 3 down player and prior to the knee injury was a huge liability in the run game. Florida ran all over him. He wasn't even a full time player at Florida State. He's a good-great pass rusher but would have to come off the field in running situations or teams will take huge advantage of that. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from the injury and what caused that sudden explosion of pass rushing ability but not a guy I want. To many times Guys who bust out their senior year with only one aspect don't have the same explosion in production in the Pro's. I also look for steady production and consistent increase in production as, imo, it translates into better overall production in the Por's 

so youd take werner over jones...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Looks like it was Hopkins and Harrison's hotel room that was trashed at the combine. If they did it, would any of you guys draft them?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9187853/deandre-hopkins-mark-harrison-trashed-hotel-rooms-combine-sources-say

who you are around matters. if hopkins "did it" and he dropped, hell yes.

surrounded by a pat org hes not gonna behave that way. unfortunately all the other teams interested in hopkins are going to see it the same way.

my top need is a pas rusher not a receiver so id prefer pass rusher (okafor or carradine or hunt) and rogers and dobson 

to hopkins in rd 1, and whatever else i could get (unless i could move up for okafor or carradine or hunt with 2nd pick)

Good post. I'd take Okafor over Carradine and Hunt. Originally I liked Carradine more but I'd be happy with any of the 3 if pass rusher is the way they go

I would still draft Hopkins in the 1st. Good chance he didn't do it and besides it sounds more like the results of a party or something at the room instead of something Keith Moon would do

youd take hopkins given a choice between those 3 and hopkins?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Just a thought. 

i do sense that is the case with many, someone secure enough to knwo they are gettign wht they want form bb and dont care woudl do it anyway. (bb's need to make more picks actually caues him to do so at times when it is more helpful to stay pat and get the playre available there). ie bb is not always the winner.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I reached your conclusion a month ago. I had an exchange with bred on this. Bred feels that there will be teams wanting to move up for a QB. To me, all the QBs this year, project equally - not well. Put yourself in the shoes of a team. Why would you move up if you can just pick up whoever is left and get a QB with the same skill level? It's the same with other positions. 

hy sea, i m not sure it was me, i actually was projecting that teams reach for qbs in the first half of teh first round (before everybody grabbed fa qbs,. 2-3 may still do so.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

hy sea, i m not sure it was me, i actually was projecting that teams reach for qbs in the first half of teh first round (before everybody grabbed fa qbs,. 2-3 may still do so.)

I guess it wasn't you then. Oh well... someone did insist that some teams will be interested in trading up to 29. I still think no. If someone wanted to move up, the most sensible trade would be to do it after Pats pick at 29 - i.e., SFF's pick 34. Between 29 and 34, JAX is he only team that could pick a QB. From the PoV of ensuring they get a chance at their target QB, there is not difference, at a lower trade cost.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I guess it wasn't you then. Oh well... someone did insist that some teams will be interested in trading up to 29. I still think no. If someone wanted to move up, the most sensible trade would be to do it after Pats pick at 29 - i.e., SFF's pick 34. Between 29 and 34, JAX is he only team that could pick a QB. From the PoV of ensuring they get a chance at their target QB, there is not difference, at a lower trade cost.

im with you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

a team which wants back into the first for one of the 2nd teir qb's would have to trade in aruond 29.  Being that SF has 15 picks they are most likely going to trade up in this draft.  The most likely suspects are the teams who wish to get a QB but miss out on the top guys.  Being that there is not much depth at the QB position in this draft teams will wnt to move up to get them.  Now if there is a team who trades with the 49ers in hopes to get a starting caliber QB there will perhaps be a team who would like to selct ahead of them to get the same QB.  29 isn't much farther than 31so it is plausable that someone would try to leapfrog the 49ers.