***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

So I'm looking to finalize my Top 3 options by draft day, though I expect it to be some combo of DJ Hayden, Jesse Williams & Sylvester Williams... Tank Carradine and Datone Jones would round out my Top 5.

Who are the Top 5 players on your board?

Werner, Hopkins, Jenkins, J.Williams and Cyprien in that order. If Werner isn't there, then Hopkins, Jenkins, J. Williams, Cyprien, and a toss up between Okafor and Tank

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Would anyone be disappointed if the Pats took Cyprien at 29 and made S a strength?

At the end of the day, I want them to draft the best possible players and if they think Cyprien is that kid, then I'm all for it... he (along with a handful of other physical safeties) have remained on my board, even with the addition of Adrian.

We know what type of impact a dynamic, physical safety can have on a defense and out outside of Wilson, who's on the downside of his career, they don't have this type of presence on the roster.

MB, thanks for the feedback. I agree, the D plays a lot better with a physical presence back there and hasn't had that since Rodney. I love the Wilson signing and would love a kid who has the same playing style here to learn from him.

With limited picks and a couple holes to fill it might be tough to do. However I've noticed Elam has dropped in some mocks, I'd be happy with either him or Cyprien especially if one were to drop into the 2nd and we could get an additional 2nd (Mallett trade perhaps). I know you've been high on both for awhile, who do you like more between the two?

I'm hearing Eric Reid is moving up boards and could be the second safety taken.  Adrian Wilson could be just a one year situational player for us.  Would BB consider Reid if he makes it to 29?  He has good size and a lot of Rodney's attributes.

Hey Faucet, I'm actually not as high on Reid. He has the size and can deliver a nice hit for sure. From what I've seen of him though he seems to play a little sloppy at times. He looks good against the run but his pass-coverage worries me and I wonder how much he benefited from playing with good CB's. Every so often I'd see a little bit of Meriweather in him. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll still be a decent player in the league. I've seen him in different mocks going in the 15-25 range

Mayock is pretty high on him... 

On safeties

Kenny Vaccaro seems to be the consensus top safety in this year's draft class, but Mayock likes several prospects as potential late first-round, early second-round selections. Matt Elam, Eric Reid and Jonathan Cyprien could all fall within that range. Mayock reiterated recent hype for Reid, calling him a "big good looking kid with excellent movement skills."

Your concerns are valid but hopefully it is more a matter of coaching the kid up, although we don't seem great at coaching DBs.

True, we haven't been great in that area. You have a good point that it could be just a matter of coaching him up and putting him in the right situations. I've noticed Reid has played FS and deep a lot at LSU and was thinking he looks more like a SS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Would anyone be disappointed if the Pats took Cyprien at 29 and made S a strength?

At the end of the day, I want them to draft the best possible players and if they think Cyprien is that kid, then I'm all for it... he (along with a handful of other physical safeties) have remained on my board, even with the addition of Adrian.

We know what type of impact a dynamic, physical safety can have on a defense and out outside of Wilson, who's on the downside of his career, they don't have this type of presence on the roster.

MB, thanks for the feedback. I agree, the D plays a lot better with a physical presence back there and hasn't had that since Rodney. I love the Wilson signing and would love a kid who has the same playing style here to learn from him.

With limited picks and a couple holes to fill it might be tough to do. However I've noticed Elam has dropped in some mocks, I'd be happy with either him or Cyprien especially if one were to drop into the 2nd and we could get an additional 2nd (Mallett trade perhaps). I know you've been high on both for awhile, who do you like more between the two?

I'm hearing Eric Reid is moving up boards and could be the second safety taken.  Adrian Wilson could be just a one year situational player for us.  Would BB consider Reid if he makes it to 29?  He has good size and a lot of Rodney's attributes.

Hey Faucet, I'm actually not as high on Reid. He has the size and can deliver a nice hit for sure. From what I've seen of him though he seems to play a little sloppy at times. He looks good against the run but his pass-coverage worries me and I wonder how much he benefited from playing with good CB's. Every so often I'd see a little bit of Meriweather in him. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll still be a decent player in the league. I've seen him in different mocks going in the 15-25 range

Now if we could land DJ Hayden at 29 that would be a real steal.  We could dump Marquice Cole once and for all.

That'd be sweet and Hayden looks like the real deal. Only I get nervous with them drafting CB's early. I'm hoping they take a chance on Mathieu if he's available in the 6th or 7th

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Barrett Jones is going to be a very good NFL Player. Versatile, tough, leader.
    Looking at through the Years various teams and Drafting Wideouts, all I can say about this position, you better do your homework, and hope we Scouted well.
    Some real flops, who were good in College.

+1 I really hope he's there in the 3rd. He'd be worth the pick even if he starts on PUP

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

My Mock Draft:

TRADES

New England trades the #29 overall pick (640) to the Philadelphia Eagles for the #35 overall pick and the #101 overall pick (646)

New England trades the #35 overall pick (550) to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the #43 overall pick, the #112 overall pick, and the #196 overall pick (553)

Both teams are in need of QBs which are all likely to go in the late 1st-early 2nd, and the Pats take advantage of that and move down a couple times and add two 4ths and a 6th.

PICKS

#43 John Jenkins-DT-Georgia

Pats tap into the strength of this class and add a monsterous DT in Jenkins. Jenkins is a phenomenal athlete, and will be able to succeed Wilfork in a few years after his retirement.  Jenkins does not have much pass rush capability, but it isn't horrendous either, and will improve the pass rush by taking up blockers.  Plus, the Pats just added Tommy Kelly and Armond Armstead, who should help add pass rush from the interior.  I also expect them to add either John Abraham or Dwight Freeney to further bolster the pass rush.  Jenkins can start right away and provide a nice physical presence next to Wilfork, and help eat up blockers and allow our pass rushers to thrive.

#59 Markus Wheaton-WR-Oregon State

Wheaton fits exactly what the Pats are looking for in a WR.  He is extremely fast and is a big play threat, but is a major threat in the slot due to his strong hands and route running ability.  He doesn't have the height of an ideal outside WR, but should be able to play there when needed.  Besides Randy Moss, the Pats do not really employ straight up burners.  Wheaton has been compared to Mike Wallace, and adding such an element to our offense will help to fill the hole left by Lloyd and Welker.

#91 Logan Ryan-CB-Rutgers

Ryan is a tall and physical corner, who should fit in well as a backup on the outside.  With Talib and Dennard entrenched as the starters, and Arrington a top-notch backup in the slot, all the Pats need to finish re-tooling the secondary is a backup corner who can play the outside, as Arrington is awful out there.  Ryan has good coverage skills and is solid in run support, and should fill that role very nicely.

#101 Barrett Jones-OL-Alabama

Once considered a 1st round pick, Jones has been dropping to rounds 3-4 consideration due to his lack of elite atleticism, but I'm sure BB would be thrilled to pick him up here.  Jones can play every spot on the line, and is coming from one of BB's favorite schools in Alabama.  Jones is experienced and talented, and offers the versatility BB likes in his backups.  He could be able to start in a year or two should the need arise.

#112 Gerald Hodges-OLB-Penn State

Like Alec Ogeltree and Kasheem Greene, Hodges too converted to LB from safety while at Penn State.  As such, he fills the Pats need for a coverage linebacker, who can also help out against the run.  Hodges comes from a linebacker factory in Penn State, so there is a good chance he turns out to be good in the pros.  Plus, he played for Bill O'Brien, so I'm sure BB has some inside info on him.  Hodges would be a nice piece to help round out our LB depth.

#196 Brandon Kaufman-WR-Eastern Washington

At this late juncture, the Pats try and add some size to their WR crew, and at 6' 4" 214, Kaufman fits the bill.  Kaufman was productive in college, and is a nice kind of pick to make here, when picks are by no means guarenteed to make the roster. Perhaps Kaufman beats out the likes of Michael Jenkins for the 5th receiver spot, or perhaps he makes the PS.

#226 Prentiss Waggner-S/CB-Tennessee

I was basically just looking at walterfootball.com, and saw Waggner as a potential late round get.  Honestly, it's nearly impossible to know who will be around in the 7th, and they are unlikely to make the team,  I saw this guy had versatility, which is what BB likes, so I slotted him to the Pats here.  He seems relatively athletic, so he could probably contribute on Special Teams.  Plus, safety is very deep through the late rounds, so perhaps he'd be more well known in a weaker year.

#235 Onterio McCalebb-HB-Auburn

Again, just browsing through walterfootball to find some late round prospect that could fit.  I saw McCalebb blazed a 4.34, and the Pats could use an extra back for camp with the loss of Woodhead.  Another fast guy would fit in well as a late round pick, but again, who knows here?  He also has solid receiving and return ability but is very light and frail.  Honestly though, you're not getting an immediate contributer here.  Best case is that McCalebb spends the year bulking up while on the practice squad.  Still, the speed is enticing at this late juncture.

Nice mock and I like your trade scenarios. I would also love that haul

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Latest ramblings I've been hearing:

• Buf will use their #8 pick on either Nassib or Barkley (Nassib is more the likely choice)
    • Jets will take Geno at either #9 or #13 if he's available
    • Hopkins can go as high as the Rams in the teens as now they talked to him 2 times
    • D.J. Hayden could be the 2nd CB off the boards in the teens
    • Milliner could come off the boards to Clev at #6

From my own personal thoughts:

Phi could be a wild card to trade for Mallett. Kelley being friends with BB would get insight on Mallett and training in a Kelley type of system over the last 2 years should give him an edge. Mallett is the big body, strong arm QB that fits well into Kelley's system. Additionally if 2 QB's go in the top 13 picks it's likely someone will trade back into the 1st to grab a 3rd QB in the 1st. This leaves Phi with no options but to be that team that trades back into the 1st or trade for the likes of Mallett

For what it's worth, Mayock has Hayden as his #1 CB in the draft... so he just may be gone, prior to 29... if not, he's prob the top prospect on my board, ahead of Jesse and Sylvester, though I'd be happy with all (3).

hey mb, i see youve come around on sylvester (not sure when havent been watchiugn your list) since i first brought him on board.

hayden concerns me. i little contact on a apss and his vena cava breaks off his herart.

i dont know id spend a 1st, 2nd or 3rd on a guy whose body seems to me that susceptable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I just have a feeling that Margus Hunt will be the pick for New England at 29.  I feel like his rawness will be enough for him to slide to that point but his unique physical attributes and upside will be too much for Belichick to pass up.

His length, rawness and upside also screams NYG type pick... though I'm not sure he's worthy of a Top 20 pick.  Personally I don't like him in Rd 1, but the upside is undeniable.

I'd be more comfortable taking him in the early 2nd but I see a ton of potential and his performance has been on a steady rise in college suggesting to me he takes to coaching very well. When you combo the ability to take in coaching along with the upside I wouldn't complain at all taking him at #29. That's one advantage I'd say Hunt has over other high potential players is his track record to taking to coaching. I'll try to find the article but I remember reading during Senior Bowl practices how much he improved over a short period of time under NFL coaching, which to me is a great sign 

good to know

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

So I'm looking to finalize my Top 3 options by draft day, though I expect it to be some combo of DJ Hayden, Jesse Williams & Sylvester Williams... Tank Carradine and Datone Jones would round out my Top 5.

I don't know about top 5 players but players I would consider at #29 value with need also factored in. (also without really knowing how any of the current players contract status factors in)

Deandre Hopkins

Tyler Eifert

Tank Carradine

Datone Jones

and maybe Jesse Williams, Kawann Short, Jamar Taylor, Quinton Patton

like th efirst 4 but another te? weve got a lot of dough wrapped up in 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

My top hopes for the draft are first pick (hopefully, they trade back and get extra picks) are an impact defender. Would be happy with Datone Jones or Sylvester Williams. Would then like Robert Woods or Markus Wheaton. Lastly, you can never have too many cornerbacks - would love to see Tyrann Mathieu in a Pats uniform, but I doubt he would be available unless the Pats move back a couple of times. 

I also don't think you want to move Mallett - would you really rather have Matt Barkley over Ryan Mallett? Not sure I would - Barkley reminds me of Sanchez. 

I'd rather have a DeAndre Hopkin, Jonathan Hankins, J. Williams, Jamar Taylor over Mallett. If they trade Mallett for a 2nd they won't use that second to replace him, that would be silly. However, given any of the above with an early 2nd I'd take anyone of them over a backup QB because lets face it, if Brady goes down we might make the playoffs but won't go anywhere with Mallett. I'd much rather trade Mallett for a 2nd this year, get some talent that can help this year and draft Tuel or another QB who they can develop for Brady's replacement 3-4 years down the road.

yep, been saying that here forever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I have two seperate top 5's really. One I think the Pats will realistically look at and then my own personal top 5.

Pats realistically look at (in no particular order):

• Jamar Taylor CB
    • DeAndre Hopkins WR
    • Jonathan Hankins DT
    • Bjoern Werner DE
    • Margus Hunt DE

My personal top 5 (in order):

• Jonathan Hankins DT
    • Jonathan Jenkins DT
    • Jesse Williams DT
    • Jamar Taylor CB
    • DeAndre Hopkins WR
    • (notable runner ups Margus Hunt, Blidi Wren-Wilson, Bjoern Werner)

i did 2 lists for the first 3 over on maines thread.

you are on dt like im on de rusher.

itd be hard to be disappointed with werner or carradine in rd 1 and hankins in rd 2 (top perhaps)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

I just don't understand bred. Carradine, is not a 3 down player and prior to the knee injury was a huge liability in the run game. Florida ran all over him. He wasn't even a full time player at Florida State. He's a good-great pass rusher but would have to come off the field in running situations or teams will take huge advantage of that. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from the injury and what caused that sudden explosion of pass rushing ability but not a guy I want. To many times Guys who bust out their senior year with only one aspect don't have the same explosion in production in the Pro's. I also look for steady production and consistent increase in production as, imo, it translates into better overall production in the Por's 

so youd take werner over jones...

Sorry for the late reply. If you are talking Datone Jones then yes I'd much rather have Werner. If you are talking Chandler Jones that makes it much more difficult. If you take Chandlers numbers over 7 games and project them over the full college season he ends up with around the same numbers as Werner. To me Werner is more poslished and I like his high motor and ability to overcome physical short comings to provide consistent pressure and consistent performance. Chandler to me has higher upside  but won't provide the same level of consistency you would find in Werner. Really it comes down to that we do have Chandler so I want someone with a more consistent game that took on double teams consistent and still provided pressure then someone with potential upside. If we didn't have Jones and didn't have someone with as much potential I might be more willing to take the gamble given our weakness but Werner and Jones are similar type of players with the exception that Werner generates consistent pressure through his motor while Jones provides pressure because of physical ability, which gives him an advantage if he can improve on his consistency

well lookign back i think i meantg ot say carradine. but your answer appears clear re goth.

thanks for weighing in on datone option as well..

and the chandlere comparison

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I really wonder what BB could do with Ogletree.  A converted Safety that plays LB, it reminds me alot of when he brought in Tank Williams even though that was short lived.

BB tried for years to get the TE's he coveted to create mismatches.  I wonder what he's trying to do today with the LB corps.  Hightower is enormous for a LB (6'4", 270lbs) and should probably be moved back inside to his natural position (mentioned by Faucetman above).

So, I am totally in agreement with Faucetman, and I do think that the Pats should try to move up to get Ogletree.  

Thanks 1st Lieutenant (assuming you've been promoted by now, lol).

I don't think BB will trade up, back if anything.  And I doubt Ogletree will last.  We could go Minter for a straight replacement to Spikes. Or we could go 3rd round with Lemonier, who ran a 4.56, or Sio Moore or even the kid from Stanford, Chase Thomas.  That might be the smarter play. 

I'm also warming to the idea of Hayden if he's there at 29 as a relatively new idea.  One of Mb's DTs or a WR.  But more than likely, we will trade back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I really wonder what BB could do with Ogletree.  A converted Safety that plays LB, it reminds me alot of when he brought in Tank Williams even though that was short lived.

BB tried for years to get the TE's he coveted to create mismatches.  I wonder what he's trying to do today with the LB corps.  Hightower is enormous for a LB (6'4", 270lbs) and should probably be moved back inside to his natural position (mentioned by Faucetman above).

So, I am totally in agreement with Faucetman, and I do think that the Pats should try to move up to get Ogletree.  

Thanks 1st Lieutenant (assuming you've been promoted by now, lol).

I don't think BB will trade up, back if anything.  And I doubt Ogletree will last.  We could go Minter for a straight replacement to Spikes. Or we could go 3rd round with Lemonier, who ran a 4.56, or Sio Moore or even the kid from Stanford, Chase Thomas.  That might be the smarter play. 

I'm also warming to the idea of Hayden if he's there at 29 as a relatively new idea.  One of Mb's DTs or a WR.  But more than likely, we will trade back.

we could trade back a lil and still get okafor i think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

more and more mocks have werner 28-30

happy to see another posted today from one of the regualrs with werner 29, carradine 30. if they both are available and we take one at 29 that woudl mkae my draft (though woudl still want an elite big body wr) they also have j willimas 30.

cbs new mock 30 of 5 staff have werner 28.

if he gets within 5 im making calls and offering 2014 2nd (start with a 3rd)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

rotoworld has us trading out of 29 with werner available.

id quit watching for a year i think

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

nfl.com today has werenr going to who..

the patriots.

do a lot of these mockers knwo something we dont and some other mockers dont?

i can see carradine making it there (hes spread ffrom 15 to second round, mostly around 28-30)

but so many top mockers dropping him to finally be today at 29-30.

they follow my formula de, wr, cb (or de wr, wr)

but give werener, patton, leon mcfadden.

on patton:

WEAKNESSES

Extends his hands from his frame, but doesnÂ’t snag and secure the ball, making him struggle coming down with the ball when the defensive back contests him. As such, does not always find the ball downfield or come up with catchable passes when adjusting to it in the air.

not what im lookin for

rogers makes it to 94

i might go werner, dobson (swope is available), rogers, c johson in rd 7 (iron tony credit)

or werner best cb, rogers, c johson in rd 7 (iron tony credit)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

my big hope other than landing one of these 2 is that a qb run starts after the jags take geno smith (and 4 qbs go in 15)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Bred-  I see what you are saying with a lot of the mocks showing Werner being available in the late first.  I too would be thrilled to land him there, but don't get you hopes up.  When push comes to shove on draft day, I bet he gets taken well before our pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I just have a feeling that Margus Hunt will be the pick for New England at 29.  I feel like his rawness will be enough for him to slide to that point but his unique physical attributes and upside will be too much for Belichick to pass up.

Yeah, I've been saying this for awhile.  If Hunt is there at 29, I think the Pats may take him because I doubt he gets past SF. (This assumes of course that NYG don't take him as Mb fears).  I think he makes a huge impact on special teams year 1 as he learns and improves and replaces Ninko in 2014 but in the meantime he comes in situationally as a pass rusher.  Of all the choices being bantered about, I think Hunt is the most likely choice if the Pats stay at 29.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

His length, rawness and upside also screams NYG type pick... though I'm not sure he's worthy of a Top 20 pick.  Personally I don't like him in Rd 1, but the upside is undeniable.

I'd be more comfortable taking him in the early 2nd but I see a ton of potential and his performance has been on a steady rise in college suggesting to me he takes to coaching very well. When you combo the ability to take in coaching along with the upside I wouldn't complain at all taking him at #29. That's one advantage I'd say Hunt has over other high potential players is his track record to taking to coaching. I'll try to find the article but I remember reading during Senior Bowl practices how much he improved over a short period of time under NFL coaching, which to me is a great sign 

NFL Network did a piece on Hunt under their segment, "Margus Hunt's First Draft."  He was very impressive in that interview.  He was very articulate, intellegent, determined to be successful.  To do 38 reps at 225 shows he is a hard worker who spends a ton of time in the weight room.  He says he loves watching film, getting to work early etc.  I think he could be our choice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Latest ramblings I've been hearing:

• Buf will use their #8 pick on either Nassib or Barkley (Nassib is more the likely choice)
    • Jets will take Geno at either #9 or #13 if he's available
    • Hopkins can go as high as the Rams in the teens as now they talked to him 2 times
    • D.J. Hayden could be the 2nd CB off the boards in the teens
    • Milliner could come off the boards to Clev at #6

From my own personal thoughts:

Phi could be a wild card to trade for Mallett. Kelley being friends with BB would get insight on Mallett and training in a Kelley type of system over the last 2 years should give him an edge. Mallett is the big body, strong arm QB that fits well into Kelley's system. Additionally if 2 QB's go in the top 13 picks it's likely someone will trade back into the 1st to grab a 3rd QB in the 1st. This leaves Phi with no options but to be that team that trades back into the 1st or trade for the likes of Mallett

For what it's worth, Mayock has Hayden as his #1 CB in the draft... so he just may be gone, prior to 29... if not, he's prob the top prospect on my board, ahead of Jesse and Sylvester, though I'd be happy with all (3).

hey mb, i see youve come around on sylvester (not sure when havent been watchiugn your list) since i first brought him on board.

hayden concerns me. i little contact on a apss and his vena cava breaks off his herart.

i dont know id spend a 1st, 2nd or 3rd on a guy whose body seems to me that susceptable.

It was a freak accident on Hayden.  A similar thing happened to Bledsoe, remember?  He was fine after that and was hit a ton after that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I've been saying this for awhile.  If Hunt is there at 29, I think the Pats may take him because I doubt he gets past SF. (This assumes of course that NYG don't take him as Mb fears).  I think he makes a huge impact on special teams year 1 as he learns and improves and replaces Ninko in 2014 but in the meantime he comes in situationally as a pass rusher.  Of all the choices being bantered about, I think Hunt is the most likely choice if the Pats stay at 29.

Yeah for sure. You have been on Hunt for a long time. I've definitely warmed up to him over the last month or two. I agree. Out of all the players in the late first round to early second round range, if I had to put money on one guy that the patriots draft with their first pick it would be Hunt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NFL Network did a piece on Hunt under their segment, "Margus Hunt's First Draft."  He was very impressive in that interview.  He was very articulate, intellegent, determined to be successful.  To do 38 reps at 225 shows he is a hard worker who spends a ton of time in the weight room.  He says he loves watching film, getting to work early etc.  I think he could be our choice.

I agree. He seems like a BB type of guy not to mention he's a ST ace in college with a ton of blocked kicks (17 in his college career). You put him across from Jones and that could be a deadly combo of DEs. Some think he might be had in the back of the 2nd, I don't think he falls that far but I wouldn't mind moving our second up to get him and take a WR or CB with our first. I'm getting excited now and am kind of hoping he might be the guy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I agree. He seems like a BB type of guy not to mention he's a ST ace in college with a ton of blocked kicks (17 in his college career). You put him across from Jones and that could be a deadly combo of DEs. Some think he might be had in the back of the 2nd, I don't think he falls that far but I wouldn't mind moving our second up to get him and take a WR or CB with our first. I'm getting excited now and am kind of hoping he might be the guy

I know that a lot of people think that Hunt will last till late in the second round, but truthfully I'll be suprised if he is still on the board by the start of the second.  His rare physical attributes will entice someone (possibly NE) to take him arlier than a lot of people think.  IF  BB really wants him, he better grab him at 29.  Best case scenario would be to trade back to around pick 40 and get him there, but I think you would really risk losing him if you try to do that.  If we do in fact take Hunt at 29, it is pretty exciting because you know that BB and Co. REALLY like him if they do that...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Bred-  I see what you are saying with a lot of the mocks showing Werner being available in the late first.  I too would be thrilled to land him there, but don't get you hopes up.  When push comes to shove on draft day, I bet he gets taken well before our pick.

hey wazu,

he was a pipe dream as the first player on my wish list at the start. mocked top 5. ye si woould be surprised with him there as i am with the mocks. id love to land himor carradine.