***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

One of the things that gets me the most excited about what we've done at WR (in both FA and the draft)...is just that we are getting young at the position again. We have seen guys like Branch, Lloyd, and Ocho out there. Lloyd was decent, Branch was good in '10 and ok in 11 (stunk last year), and Ocho stunk. 

We pick up DA and Donald Jones in FA. Then we add Dobson and Boyce through the draft. It will be nice to see the young guys out there.

+1...we have youth, speed and toughness. Danny, Dobson and Boyce all have good hands and are good rout runners...I really like how the WR corps is coming together. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Yeah.  We will keep 10 DBs on the 53 max.  We currently stand at 12 with the new guys.

1. Talib
    2. McCourty
    3. Dennard
    4. Arrington
    5. Gregory
    6. Dowling
    7. A. Wilson
    8. T. Wilson
    9. Cole
    10. Ebner

Two from the above have to go.  I can't see BB cutting a brand new 3rd round pick regardless of how bad he may look.  If we look at his past drafting bad 2-3 rounders, he always gave them a year or two; Butler, Brace, Crable, Price, Wheatley, etc.  Cole is gone for sure.  Then I would say it is between Ebner and Adrian Wilson if he appears like he's lost it.  Dowling would also be considered as a cut if he so much as cuts himself shaving in camp which would be yet another wasted high 2nd round pick joining the recently departed Chung, that we had to trade back to get.

We could try to sneak the new UDFA-worthy safety on the PS as probably nobody would take him.  Does Ebner have PS eligibility or did he appear in too many games?  I don't remember the rule.

Just looking at it quickly, BB loves his back end DBs to be special teams aces so to me it's a choice between Ebner and Cole. With Ebner being Vrables guy and a BB type of player he stays on the team as the ST ace in the scondary. Then it comes down to versitility. With T. Wilson, A Wilson, and now Huron I see Gregory's role being limited. Ryan is also a player that some believe would have to eventually make a FS conversion similar to McCourty so he adds some depth at FS. If we assume T. Wilson is a big nickel roamer then Gregory becomes a very expensive 3rd option. They save some cap by releasing Gregory and going with a McCourty/Ryan/Wilson FS rotation

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

MB I know you have a general idea of where the Patriots go in round seven as we don't have a 5th or 6th round pick. Am I on the same page as you,here are my choices Josh Boyd DT Mississippi ST. or Okoye Dt from England I think, a QB because BB likes to take one,and the best availible athelete if they keep the last one.

The below names would interet me if they're available in Rd 7... Okoye would intrigue me as well due to his measurables:

DL:

Josh Boyd- Miss State

Chris Jones- Bowling Green

Abry Jones- Georgia

Kapron Lewis-Moore- ND

QB:

Sean Renfree- Duke

Matt Scott- Arizona

OL:

Jeff Baca- UCLA

Reid Fragel- OSU

RB:

Spencer Ware- LSU

Andre Ellington- Clemson

Matt Tucker- TCU

CJ Anderson- Cal

WR:

Ryan Swope Tex A&M

Da'Rick Rogers- Tenn Tech

TJ Moe- Mizzou

Sam McGuffie- Rice

Trent Steelman- Army

Zach Rodgers- Tenn

Rodney Smith- Florida State

Mark Harrison- Rugters

Chad Bumphis- Miss State

Charles Johnson- GVSU

TE:

Nick Kasa- Colorado

Michael Williams- Alabama

Joseph Fauria- UCLA

Jake Stoneburner- OSU

K:

Dustin Hopkins- FSU

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Jeff Howe's reporting that Demps trade talks are heating up....maybe BB is trying to get into the 6th round?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

MB you forgot Kaufman WR, Cragg TE, Tuel QB

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

MB you forgot Kaufman WR, Cragg TE, Tuel QB

You could add Kaufan, Gragg an Tuel as well, yes... thanks, PE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Jeff Howe's reporting that Demps trade talks are heating up....maybe BB is trying to get into the 6th round?

Certainly possible, yeah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I like the Swope pick by the Cardinals. Take a chance on the guy at that point in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I'm also here to say (as I said I would be) that I'm shocked Da'Rick Rogers is still on the board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like the Swope pick by the Cardinals. Take a chance on the guy at that point in the draft.

Big time value for sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They keep showing Geno Smith highlights... most of those highlights are caught by Stedman for TD's or at least for plays down the field... this is the pick that bothers me the most... a la Randall Cobb.

There I feel better... not really.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, Demps and a 7th for Legarrette Blount... I'll take that all day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

+1 awesome trade! Does this mean Bolden might not make the team?

It think at the very least it creates good depth/competition at the position... we'll let camp decide the rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow that a heck of a trade. Blount is that bruiser back that will get us the short tough yards. Yes I think this spells the end for Bolden. Blount, Ridley, Vereen, Washington seems like a heck of a backfield to me

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

MB I know you have a general idea of where the Patriots go in round seven as we don't have a 5th or 6th round pick. Am I on the same page as you,here are my choices Josh Boyd DT Mississippi ST. or Okoye Dt from England I think, a QB because BB likes to take one,and the best availible athelete if they keep the last one.

The below names would interet me if they're available in Rd 7... Okoye would intrigue me as well due to his measurables:

DL:

Josh Boyd- Miss State

Chris Jones- Bowling Green

Abry Jones- Georgia

Kapron Lewis-Moore- ND

QB:

Sean Renfree- Duke

Matt Scott- Arizona

OL:

Jeff Baca- UCLA

Reid Fragel- OSU

RB:

Spencer Ware- LSU

Andre Ellington- Clemson

Matt Tucker- TCU

CJ Anderson- Cal

WR:

Ryan Swope Tex A&M

Da'Rick Rogers- Tenn Tech

TJ Moe- Mizzou

Sam McGuffie- Rice

Trent Steelman- Army

Zach Rodgers- Tenn

Rodney Smith- Florida State

Mark Harrison- Rugters

Chad Bumphis- Miss State

Charles Johnson- GVSU

TE:

Nick Kasa- Colorado

Michael Williams- Alabama

Joseph Fauria- UCLA

Jake Stoneburner- OSU

K:

Dustin Hopkins- FSU

Charles Johnson- GVSU

and

da rick rogers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

why has Da'Rick Rogers fallen so far?  Top level ability, i just don't get it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

+1 awesome trade! Does this mean Bolden might not make the team?

It think at the very least it creates good depth/competition at the position... we'll let camp decide the rest.

crap thats a dangerous back. what made him available. mroe of his immaturity?

if he flys right that could really help us.

wht did he do off the field? he looke good this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They now have pick 226 and 235 in Rd 7... lost 229 (the pick they got from Minn) in the Blount deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

head i woudl guess. teams not willing to risk whats up there. id say mathieu is as much or more a risk in that dept., though more versatile. id grabhe and joshnson in 7th and find the gem. or 1 (or the other)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hoping for da'rick rogers and peter lalich or Jake stoneburner in the 7th round

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:

I wouldn't go top level... don't see him as a CJ/AJ Green/Julio Jones/Larry Fitz type, but he does have plenty of talent... teams must be scared off by his off he field and don't know if he has medical concerns as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Makes sense...I didn't do any research on Boyce prior to the draft but have since he was picked...google him or youtube him and all you get is 31, 45,57,65,91, etc TD Catches plus punt returns for TDs. He has big play ability and what I really like about him, same as Dobson, is that he has great hands plus is one tough dude.

so we got. 6'3" guy to play outside with the best hands in college football and who runs a 4.42

and, a 6' kid who is built like a TE, with soft hands who runs a 4.38....

TB should be very excited!

sounds good (had dobson as 3rd wr pref on my list)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:

I wouldn't go top level... don't see him as a CJ/AJ Green/Julio Jones/Larry Fitz type, but he does have plenty of talent... teams must be scared off by his off he field and don't know if he has medical concerns as well.

no medical issue.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Yeah.  We will keep 10 DBs on the 53 max.  We currently stand at 12 with the new guys.

1. Talib
    2. McCourty
    3. Dennard
    4. Arrington
    5. Gregory
    6. Dowling
    7. A. Wilson
    8. T. Wilson
    9. Cole
    10. Ebner

Two from the above have to go.  I can't see BB cutting a brand new 3rd round pick regardless of how bad he may look.  If we look at his past drafting bad 2-3 rounders, he always gave them a year or two; Butler, Brace, Crable, Price, Wheatley, etc.  Cole is gone for sure.  Then I would say it is between Ebner and Adrian Wilson if he appears like he's lost it.  Dowling would also be considered as a cut if he so much as cuts himself shaving in camp which would be yet another wasted high 2nd round pick joining the recently departed Chung, that we had to trade back to get.

We could try to sneak the new UDFA-worthy safety on the PS as probably nobody would take him.  Does Ebner have PS eligibility or did he appear in too many games?  I don't remember the rule.

Just looking at it quickly, BB loves his back end DBs to be special teams aces so to me it's a choice between Ebner and Cole. With Ebner being Vrables guy and a BB type of player he stays on the team as the ST ace in the scondary. Then it comes down to versitility. With T. Wilson, A Wilson, and now Huron I see Gregory's role being limited. Ryan is also a player that some believe would have to eventually make a FS conversion similar to McCourty so he adds some depth at FS. If we assume T. Wilson is a big nickel roamer then Gregory becomes a very expensive 3rd option. They save some cap by releasing Gregory and going with a McCourty/Ryan/Wilson FS rotation

agree on gregory and i posted same on ryan yesterday (may need ot move to fs, doesnt do  wel in press man, slow) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

They keep showing Geno Smith highlights... most of those highlights are caught by Stedman for TD's or at least for plays down the field... this is the pick that bothers me the most... a la Randall Cobb.

There I feel better... not really.

that miss/exchange bothers me second most to carradine/collins.