***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Who are the (15) players that you'd most like to see NE draft?  Please be reaslistic and try not to choose all 1st rounders:

Below are mine:

1. DT Jesse Williams
    2. DE/OLB Tank Carradine
    3. WR DeAndre Hopkins
    4. S Matt Elam
    5. WR Stedman Bailey
    6. CB DJ Hayden
    7. CB Logan Ryan
    8. WR Ryan Swope
    9. CB Darius Slay
    10. S Shamarko Thomas
    11. S DJ Swearinger
    12. WR/PR- Ace Sanders
    13. S Cooper Taylor
    14. WR TJ Moe
    15. DL Chris Jones

MB my list it is not in order of preference... here are my players

1. Dj Swearinger                                                                                                                            

2.Logan Ryan

3.Dj Hayden

4.Khaseem Greene 

5.Datone Jones

6.Johnathan Hankins

7.Ryan Swope

8.Justin Hunter

9.DeAndre Hopkins

10.Johnathan Cooper

11.Travis Frederick

12.Marcus Wheaton

13.Jordan Poyer

14.Desmond Trufant

15.Jonathan Cyprien

Cyprien is a kid that I'd have no problem putting in my top 15.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Patriots take Matt Elam. 

Jets will take Tavon Austin. Rex Ryan has been envious of the Pats success at the slot position for far too long.  I know he is a D guy but he won't pass this up.  What better way to help the offense then by selecting Austin.  Great returner too!

Bills take Gino Smith.

Just my predictions.

TFB12, what if NE takes Austin uses DA more to the outside and either double dips with another 3rd round WR or FA WR type.

I would love to see Austin make it to 29 but just don't think he makes it out of 20.  He's the most dynamic offensive player in this draft.  I can see STL or CHI taking him and he doesn't have a snow ball's chance of getting past MIN.

However, if we did get Austin, I'd probably line him up everywhere moving him and Amendola all over the place to keep the defense guessing and off balance.  If you're the nickel playing the slot you have Amendola one play then Austin the next giving you different looks all the time.  Could be a real nightmare to defend.

Hey Faucet,

As things stand today (i.e. current WR depth), WR has to be considered a very realistic possibility in Rd 1 (would be a BB first as we all know) or inside the Top 64.

I'd love to see them move on Hopkins/Allen/Austin, etc. in Rd 1/early Rd 2 or Bailey/Patton/Swope/Rogers/Wheaton or even Harper, etc. at a later point on Day 2.

It is certainly a strong possibility.  If we make some more moves in F/A such as Vollmer, Sedrick Ellis, Dummervil, add another CB.  We could draft 3 WRs and that would be okay with me.

I they landed, say Hopkins in Rd 1, Bailey in Rd 2 and Rogers in Rd 3, I think the front of Bred's workout pants might explode, ha.

Let's hope we don't have to see that, lol.  But seriously, at this point I think there is a 50/50 chance we draft two WRs with those top 3 picks.  BB has been doubling down on positions of need in the draft lately.

What's your take on Marquise Goodman at 91?  He's a poor man's Tavon Austin, isn't he?  He might be a little reduntant to Demps.

Goodwin was timed at 4.34 seconds in the 40-yard dash in 2012, and his speed is his best asset on the football field. At only 5-9 and 178 pounds, Goodwin is a versatile athlete the Longhorns' coaching staff worked creatively to get the ball to.

He entered the 2012 season with 94 receptions for 1,024 yards and four touchdowns. But Goodwin also had 33 career carries for 265 yards, 31 kickoff returns for 658 yards and a touchdown and one punt return for 22 yards.

However, Goodwin suffered through a highly disappointing senior season, touching the ball only 33 times, including 13 carries. He was hindered by missing spring practices while training for the Olympics, and never worked his way into a regular role in 2012.

Goodwin did impress at the Senior Bowl, where he was generally considered one of the stars of the week.

An Olympic athlete will always be an intriguing NFL prospect, but Goodwin's senior season on the football field was average at best. A prospect who looks much different from the tape, Goodwin is forcing scouts to go back and study more on the former Longhorn, but it wouldn't be surprising if Goodwin vaults into the early rounds, similar to Buffalo Bills wide receiver T.J. Graham a year ago.

In regards to doubling down, the big difference between this year and previous years is, they may not have the luxury to do so with so few picks... though a trade back or two could fix that quickly.  I'd be all for it though.

I'm not opposed to Goodwin though I'd say he's a very poorman's Austin at this point... say what you will about him also being involved in T&F, but his production was minimal.

I do think he's an upside kid with great deep speed as you mention.

If I have my choice of say Goodwin or Swope, I'm on Swope all day.

I was alluding to this with TFB12.  Maybe we get an outside receiver and draft Goodwin. WR DA used all over.  It still depends on FA but trading back and getting at least one extra pick could do it. Philly might be a partner to go back into the bottom of the round and get EJ Manuel and we could pick up at least a 4th rounder.  Still not sure if BB goes 1st rd WR, could be 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th (with an extra pick).  I think the chances are increasing ever so slightly to do this, but Iw ant to see the rest of FA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Who are the (15) players that you'd most like to see NE draft?  Please be reaslistic and try not to choose all 1st rounders:

Below are mine:

1. DT Jesse Williams
    2. DE/OLB Tank Carradine
    3. WR DeAndre Hopkins
    4. S Matt Elam
    5. WR Stedman Bailey
    6. CB DJ Hayden
    7. CB Logan Ryan
    8. WR Ryan Swope
    9. CB Darius Slay
    10. S Shamarko Thomas
    11. S DJ Swearinger
    12. WR/PR- Ace Sanders
    13. S Cooper Taylor
    14. WR TJ Moe
    15. DL Chris Jones

1. Dj Swearinger                                                                                                                            

2.Logan Ryan

3.Dj Hayden

4.Khaseem Greene 

5.Datone Jones

6.Johnathan Hankins

7.Ryan Swope

8.Justin Hunter

9.DeAndre Hopkins

10.Johnathan Cooper

11.Travis Frederick

12.Marcus Wheaton

13.Jordan Poyer

14.Desmond Trufant

15.Jonathan Cyprien

he is good but it`s hard to imagine BB picking a safety before the third round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below are mine:

1. DT Jesse Williams
    2. DE/OLB Tank Carradine
    3. WR DeAndre Hopkins
    4. S Matt Elam
    5. WR Stedman Bailey
    6. CB DJ Hayden
    7. CB Logan Ryan
    8. WR Ryan Swope
    9. CB Darius Slay
    10. S Shamarko Thomas
    11. S DJ Swearinger
    12. WR/PR- Ace Sanders
    13. S Cooper Taylor
    14. WR TJ Moe
    15. DL Chris Jones

1. Dj Swearinger                                                                                                                            

2.Logan Ryan

3.Dj Hayden

4.Khaseem Greene 

5.Datone Jones

6.Johnathan Hankins

7.Ryan Swope

8.Justin Hunter

9.DeAndre Hopkins

10.Johnathan Cooper

11.Travis Frederick

12.Marcus Wheaton

13.Jordan Poyer

14.Desmond Trufant

15.Jonathan Cyprien

I also didn't have Cooper on my 15, mostly because I'm hoping they don't go OG in Rd 1, but he's one of the best OL in this class for sure and looks like a potential All Pro to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Patriots take Matt Elam. 

Jets will take Tavon Austin. Rex Ryan has been envious of the Pats success at the slot position for far too long.  I know he is a D guy but he won't pass this up.  What better way to help the offense then by selecting Austin.  Great returner too!

Bills take Gino Smith.

Just my predictions.

TFB12, what if NE takes Austin uses DA more to the outside and either double dips with another 3rd round WR or FA WR type.

I would love to see Austin make it to 29 but just don't think he makes it out of 20.  He's the most dynamic offensive player in this draft.  I can see STL or CHI taking him and he doesn't have a snow ball's chance of getting past MIN.

However, if we did get Austin, I'd probably line him up everywhere moving him and Amendola all over the place to keep the defense guessing and off balance.  If you're the nickel playing the slot you have Amendola one play then Austin the next giving you different looks all the time.  Could be a real nightmare to defend.

Hey Faucet,

As things stand today (i.e. current WR depth), WR has to be considered a very realistic possibility in Rd 1 (would be a BB first as we all know) or inside the Top 64.

I'd love to see them move on Hopkins/Allen/Austin, etc. in Rd 1/early Rd 2 or Bailey/Patton/Swope/Rogers/Wheaton or even Harper, etc. at a later point on Day 2.

It is certainly a strong possibility.  If we make some more moves in F/A such as Vollmer, Sedrick Ellis, Dummervil, add another CB.  We could draft 3 WRs and that would be okay with me.

I they landed, say Hopkins in Rd 1, Bailey in Rd 2 and Rogers in Rd 3, I think the front of Bred's workout pants might explode, ha.

Let's hope we don't have to see that, lol.  But seriously, at this point I think there is a 50/50 chance we draft two WRs with those top 3 picks.  BB has been doubling down on positions of need in the draft lately.

What's your take on Marquise Goodman at 91?  He's a poor man's Tavon Austin, isn't he?  He might be a little reduntant to Demps.

Goodwin was timed at 4.34 seconds in the 40-yard dash in 2012, and his speed is his best asset on the football field. At only 5-9 and 178 pounds, Goodwin is a versatile athlete the Longhorns' coaching staff worked creatively to get the ball to.

He entered the 2012 season with 94 receptions for 1,024 yards and four touchdowns. But Goodwin also had 33 career carries for 265 yards, 31 kickoff returns for 658 yards and a touchdown and one punt return for 22 yards.

However, Goodwin suffered through a highly disappointing senior season, touching the ball only 33 times, including 13 carries. He was hindered by missing spring practices while training for the Olympics, and never worked his way into a regular role in 2012.

Goodwin did impress at the Senior Bowl, where he was generally considered one of the stars of the week.

An Olympic athlete will always be an intriguing NFL prospect, but Goodwin's senior season on the football field was average at best. A prospect who looks much different from the tape, Goodwin is forcing scouts to go back and study more on the former Longhorn, but it wouldn't be surprising if Goodwin vaults into the early rounds, similar to Buffalo Bills wide receiver T.J. Graham a year ago.

In regards to doubling down, the big difference between this year and previous years is, they may not have the luxury to do so with so few picks... though a trade back or two could fix that quickly.  I'd be all for it though.

I'm not opposed to Goodwin though I'd say he's a very poorman's Austin at this point... say what you will about him also being involved in T&F, but his production was minimal.

I do think he's an upside kid with great deep speed as you mention.

If I have my choice of say Goodwin or Swope, I'm on Swope all day.

I was alluding to this with TFB12.  Maybe we get an outside receiver and draft Goodwin. WR DA used all over.  It still depends on FA but trading back and getting at least one extra pick could do it. Philly might be a partner to go back into the bottom of the round and get EJ Manuel and we could pick up at least a 4th rounder.  Still not sure if BB goes 1st rd WR, could be 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th (with an extra pick).  I think the chances are increasing ever so slightly to do this, but Iw ant to see the rest of FA.

This is one reason why I'm so high on Stedman... kid can play outside or in the slot and that versatility, along with what DA can bring will make it very difficult for defenses to account for them on the field as they're constantly being moved around.

Versatility, versatility, versatility... it's the name of the game in Foxboro.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Below are mine:

1. DT Jesse Williams
    2. DE/OLB Tank Carradine
    3. WR DeAndre Hopkins
    4. S Matt Elam
    5. WR Stedman Bailey
    6. CB DJ Hayden
    7. CB Logan Ryan
    8. WR Ryan Swope
    9. CB Darius Slay
    10. S Shamarko Thomas
    11. S DJ Swearinger
    12. WR/PR- Ace Sanders
    13. S Cooper Taylor
    14. WR TJ Moe
    15. DL Chris Jones

1. Dj Swearinger                                                                                                                            

2.Logan Ryan

3.Dj Hayden

4.Khaseem Greene 

5.Datone Jones

6.Johnathan Hankins

7.Ryan Swope

8.Justin Hunter

9.DeAndre Hopkins

10.Johnathan Cooper

11.Travis Frederick

12.Marcus Wheaton

13.Jordan Poyer

14.Desmond Trufant

15.Jonathan Cyprien

I also didn't have Cooper on my 15, mostly because I'm hoping they don't go OG in Rd 1, but he's one of the best OL in this class for sure and looks like a potential All Pro to me.

They probaly won`t go with OL in the first, but I would be very happy if this kid played in our OL next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree MB...really like Bailey. Do you have he and swope going same round? I would take bailey over Swope personally. It's amazing to think how productive he was with Austin in that offense. 

Unless the pats can get an extra pick, I don't see them doubling down at WR. If they retain the picks they have , I could see them bringing back Lloyd or trading 3 for sanders, or grabbing a WR that gets released or FA still available...I guess there are many options. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

1. Kansas City- OT Eric Fisher- MB

2. Jacksonville - DE Ezekiel Ansah - SeattlePat

3. Oakland - DT Sharrif Floyd - PatsEng

4.Philly-OTLuke JoeckelWazzu

5.Detroit- CB Dee Milliner - MB

6.Cleveland- OG Chance Warmack - Low

7.Arizona- OT Lane Johnson -jjd

8.Buffalo- QB Geno Smith - Champs

9. NYJ- DE Dion Jordan Wazzu

10 Tennessee - DT Sheldon Richardson SeattlePat

11. San Diego- OG Jonathan Cooper jjd

12. Miami- DE Bjoern Werner ArmyLT

13.NYJ- DT Star Lotulelei - Low

14.Carolina- DT Jonathan Hankins

15.New Orleans- OLB- Jarvis Jones- MB

16. St Louis- FS - Kenny Vaccaro - Faucet

17.Pittsburgh-  WR  Corradelle Patterson   Wazzu

18.Dallas- SS Matt Elam jjd

19.NYG- LB Alec Ogletree Champs

20.Chicago- LB Kevin Minter- MB

21.Cincy-OLB-Barkevious Mingo-ArmyLT

22.St Louis (From Wash)-  WR Tavon Austin - Low

23.Minnesota-

24.Indy-

25.Minnesota (from SEA)-

26.Green Bay-

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

23.Minnesota- WR Keenan Allen - Champs

24.Indy-

25.Minnesota (from SEA)-

26.Green Bay-

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Agree MB...really like Bailey. Do you have he and swope going same round? I would take bailey over Swope personally. It's amazing to think how productive he was with Austin in that offense. 

Unless the pats can get an extra pick, I don't see them doubling down at WR. If they retain the picks they have , I could see them bringing back Lloyd or trading 3 for sanders, or grabbing a WR that gets released or FA still available...I guess there are many options. 

I think Bailey is a Rd 2 kid with Top 50 upside where as Swope is Rd 3 with Top 75 upside, IMO. 

Bringing Lloyd back at a lower cost is certainly an option and while he was relatively productive last year... his game was maddening to me... for a player with such body control, he seemed to fall the ground after almost every catch.  I guess I just feel like he could've done more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Stedman Bailey is quickly approaching Randall Cobb Status with me... this from someone who's gonna name his first born son Randall Cobb Beaulieu.

Hahaha I didn't know you loved him that much

To be honest, it was a bit of a Saturday morning epiphany, haha.  Kid just fits most everything they look for.

• Does he have quicks and good COD?  Yes
    • Is he good after the catch?  Yes
    • Does he run routes well?  Yes
    • Are his hands good?  Yes
    • Can he seperate inside and out?  Yes
    • Is he competitive?  Yes
    • Is he on the same page as his QB?  Yes

I could go on, haha.

Good stuff! I'd be happy to see him or his teamate Austin in a Pats uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

24.Indy- CB Xavier Rhodes- MB

25.Minnesota (from SEA)-

26.Green Bay-

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hey all, I haven't seen Jon Cyprien discussed lately. Still high on anyones board?

Still high on my board (Rd 1/2 kid), though the signing of Adrian may cause them to move on a S later on Day 2 (Swearinger/Shamarko Thomas) or on Day 3 at some point (Cooper Taylor/Josh Evens/Zeke Motta, etc)... if they feel it's a need.

I'm with you on that. Safety becomes less a priority with AW signing. I would love to see a hard hitting S like Cyprien here who can learn from Wilson as long as its the right draft position and they come away with a DT and WR. Motta is a nother kid who i'd like to see. Despite his speed, I think he's a smart player that won't make the highlights but will do his job consistently

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

25.Minnesota (from SEA)- CB Desmond Trufant

26.Green Bay-

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Will DeAndre Hopkins be there at 29 for BB?

IMO, he likely will be, yes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

IMO, he likely will be, yes.

Maybe Texans Grab him in the 27th

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

St. Louis, Green Bay and Houston, all before NE, could select WRs in the first round.  In this scenario Hopkins would be gone. IMO, Hopkins is the #3 receiver off the board.  Also, FA has not played out. The waves you alluded to have not completed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

26.Green Bay- DT/DE Jesse WIlliams - Low

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Many have players in their list of guys they hope the Pats take so I won't list them all.

Here are a couple I have not seen mentioned as often that I like.

Kawaan Short

B.W. Webb

Alex Okafor

Brian Schwenke

Michael Williams

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I think Bailey is a Rd 2 kid with Top 50 upside where as Swope is Rd 3 with Top 75 upside, IMO. 

Bringing Lloyd back at a lower cost is certainly an option and while he was relatively productive last year... his game was maddening to me... for a player with such body control, he seemed to fall the ground after almost every catch.  I guess I just feel like he could've done more.

exactly as i have said as well.. and it appears they dotn want him around / chemcistyr off field.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

14.Carolina- DT Jonathan Hankins-bred

26.Green Bay- DT/DE Jesse WIlliams - Low

27.Houston-

28. Denver-

29.New England-

30.Atlanta-

31.San Francisco-

32.Baltimore-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Patriots take Matt Elam. 

Bills take Gino Smith.

Just my predictions.

Hey Faucet,

ok you got me in stickes over here.

one place on the board with a great sense of humor!

good stuff

though an elite pass rusher and 2 big stud receivers might cause a bigger "explosion"!!

:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

....and i'm off to the gym.

catch you guys later.

(so were not budging on our price for abraham huh?)

shouldnt have let him leave (unless hes wanting crazy money)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

who has more qb pressures next year, carradine. jones, okafor, or hunt?

draft them.

faucet you really think wed pay dummervil, compete wiht denver in price.

one of the above should be better for us all around id think.

i htink we might jsut be messing wiht denver because of them gettign welker. i dont see u sgiving him 8 -9 mil/yr