***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Bailey doesn't wow anyone with size/speed/measurables, but all he does is produce.  That's what I    care about in a WR prospect.  I've seen tons of WRs who have tons of "potential" that never lived up to it.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Rodgers too, but given the choice between him & Bailey, I would take Bailey every time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Bailey doesn't wow anyone with size/speed/measurables, but all he does is produce.  That's what I    care about in a WR prospect.  I've seen tons of WRs who have tons of "potential" that never lived up to it.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Rodgers too, but given the choice between him & Bailey, I would take Bailey every time.

We're in agreement, Wazz... for people clamoring for a WR that can seperate and "win" on the outside, that's all this kid seems to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

We're in agreement, Wazz... for people clamoring for a WR that can seperate and "win" on the outside, that's all this kid seems to do.

For sure.  You know, as much as I love Tavon Austin, I seem to recall Bailey making more big plays for W VA last year than I do Austin.  Seems like every game that I watched of theirs, Bailey made 3 or more huge catches up the field.  He tracks and catches a deep ball as well as any WR I saw last year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

First round DT second WR third CB seventh K and OL

Considering the WR's that are being mentioned as possible targets strictly or mainly based on 3 cone and shuttle times, like Bailey, Patton, Rogers, etc, and the real possibility that non of them could be on the board by the end of even round two... You never know when a run on a position will happen.

I would gladly take Sanders for an end of round three draft pick who had as good or better combine measurables AND production in receptions, yards, and TD's coming out of college as any of these guys mentioned. Plus you have gotten to see that he is able to be successful in the NFL. That's practically a 4th round pick.

As of this moment, none of the receivers being mentioned have any more "potential", based on athleticism and stats, coming out of college than Sanders did.

The question for me would be how would a contract for sanders, to get that done, compare to a contract for a end of Rd 2 WR pick? ...and does that sway the argument?

I also still have to assume that if the eagles new regime ended up cutting Salas out of training camp that the Pats would put in a claim for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

MB & Wazz....I just watched some clips of Baily. The kid is impressive in all aspects of the game except raw straight line speed.

Is Swope at all comparable to Bailey?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

MB & Wazz....I just watched some clips of Baily. The kid is impressive in all aspects of the game except raw straight line speed.

Swope in 51 games played had 24 TD's, 3117 yards and a 12yd avg.

Bailey in 39 games played had 41 TD's, 3218 yards and a 15yd avg.

Rogers in 35 games played had 21 TD's, 2100 yards and a 15yd avg. 

...and as far as speed are you speaking timed speed or playing speed?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I like Rogers in Rd 2 or 3, but if they pass on Stedman Bailey with this pick (assuming they don't touch a WR in Rd 1) I'm gonna have to call the local TV repair man to pull my buddy, his beer and anything else within reach, out of my Samsung plasma.

too hilarious

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

Da'Rick Rogers is the pick i was hoping we would take in the 2nd.

right on nate. lets see if bb finally does for wr what he did for te

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Keith Morehouse @KeithMorehouse

Marshall's Aaron Dobson posts a 4.4 forty time in his pro day at Marshall

He followed that up with a 4.2, which is going to turn some heads. Not many 6'3 guys can fly that fast. He also jumped 10'1 in the broad jump, had a vertical jump of 35 inches, and benched 16 reps.

nice. one of my backups to my hopkins/rogers/ top pass rusher dream

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

1.Jacksonville- QB EJ Manuel- MB

2.San Francisco (From KC) - RB Eddie Lacy - Wazzu

3.Philadelphia S Matt Elam- HC

4.Detroit OT Melenik Watson

5.Cincinnati (From OAK) S Jonathan Cyprien - Champs

6.Arizona QB Matt Barkley - jjd

7.Cleveland (5-11) Forfeit pick for supplemental draft pick (Josh Gordon)

8.New York Jets - QB Ryan Nassib- HC

9.Tennessee - LB Alec Ogletree - Low

10.Buffalo- QB Tyler Bray

11.Miami- CB Johnthan Banks- MB (They get a lot better at the CB position in this draft).

12.Tampa Bay - CB Jordan Poyer - Low

13.Carolina - WR DeAndre Hopkins - SeattlePat

14.New Orleans (7-9) Forfeit pick for Bountygate

15.San Diego - DE/OLB Sam Montgomery - Wazzu

16.St. Louis - S Eric Reid - Champs

17.Dallas - DT Kawann Short - SeattlePat

18.Pittsburgh- WR Quinton Patton- MB

19.New York Giants -OT Oday Aboushi -jjd

20.Chicago - OL Barrett Jones - Wazzu

21.Washington*- CB Darius Slay - Champs

22.Minnesota* - WR Robert Woods (Harvin replacement) - PatsEng

23.Cincinnati*- LB Arthur Brown- MB

24.Miami – (From IND) - OT Terron Armstead - jjd

25.Green Bay*- DE/OLB- Corey Lemonier- MB

26.Seattle*- OT Kyle Long- HC 

27.Houston*- OT/OG- Dallas Thomas- MB

28.Denver*- DT John Jenkins- MB (Broke my own rule of not picking twice in a row, have at it with the New England pick, pretty safe to assume who I'd take there, ha).

29.New England*- wr da rick rogers - bred

30.Atlanta* - LB Khaseem Greene - jjd

31.San Francisco*

32.Baltimore*

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I guess the Bailey/Rogers debate comes down to personal preference. 

Bailey - Seems like a Branch in the 01-05' years whch makes me see why you guys like im so much

Rogers - To me seems like an Ocho in his prime but smarter and shouldn't have issues picking up this O. Actually Rogers would be slightly bigger, quicker, and a better blocker then Ocho, something we've never had with Brady which gets me excited over the prospect of seeing Bray with an actualy Z Flanker that can work all three parts of the field

Def agree that it's a preference thing, like I said, I like Rogers, but it's gonna be a tough conversation 10-15 years from now when I have to explain to my sons Randall and Stedman that their namesakes never played for New England.

I hear you and from my thinking I don't want to tell my future son that the back end of Brady's career was defined by small WRs who were exciting to watch but when push came to shove in the post season not a single one could get off the line. I just want for once a WR how can fight back in the playoffs and beat CBs up and give Brady something to throw to instead of our smaller WRs being manhandled at the line and Brady ducking for his life because our WRs can't get more then 5yrds down field

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Keith Morehouse @KeithMorehouse

Marshall's Aaron Dobson posts a 4.4 forty time in his pro day at Marshall

He followed that up with a 4.2, which is going to turn some heads. Not many 6'3 guys can fly that fast. He also jumped 10'1 in the broad jump, had a vertical jump of 35 inches, and benched 16 reps.

nice. one of my backups to my hopkins/rogers/ top pass rusher dream

Not to fond of Dodson personally. Tiny hands for a big man leads him to catch it with his body. Not very fluid hips and lacks good burst in CoD. The one thing that really stands out to me is that he doesn't like to take a hit and drops or goes out of bounds if he feels one coming.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

For sure.  You know, as much as I love Tavon Austin, I seem to recall Bailey making more big plays for W VA last year than I do Austin.  Seems like every game that I watched of theirs, Bailey made 3 or more huge catches up the field.  He tracks and catches a deep ball as well as any WR I saw last year.

I agree with you. I was higher on Austin earlier because of kick and punt return duties and he seemed like a good value pick that BB loves. Looking now though, Bailey has twice as many TD's and bigger play ability and I'd like to see what he can do on K and P returns. I'd be happy with either one of them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I like Rogers in Rd 2 or 3, but if they pass on Stedman Bailey with this pick (assuming they don't touch a WR in Rd 1) I'm gonna have to call the local TV repair man to pull my buddy, his beer and anything else within reach, out of my Samsung plasma.

Hahaha You shouldn't throw anyones beer though man, thats just not cool. I don't think your buddy would be too happy when he gets pulled out of the plasma to find out you threw his beer as well

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

2.San Francisco (From KC) - RB Eddie Lacy - Wazzu

7.Cleveland (5-11) Forfeit pick for supplemental draft pick (Josh Gordon)

11.Miami- CB Johnthan Banks- MB (They get a lot better at the CB position in this draft).

14.New Orleans (7-9) Forfeit pick for Bountygate

28.Denver*- DT John Jenkins- MB (Broke my own rule of not picking twice in a row, have at it with the New England pick, pretty safe to assume who I'd take there, ha).

31.San Francisco*  -  DE  Margus Hunt  -  Wazzu

32.Baltimore*

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

2.San Francisco (From KC) - RB Eddie Lacy - Wazzu

7.Cleveland (5-11) Forfeit pick for supplemental draft pick (Josh Gordon)

14.New Orleans (7-9) Forfeit pick for Bountygate

31.San Francisco*  -  DE  Margus Hunt  -  Wazzu

32.Baltimore*- S Phillip Thomas- HC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

wow MB what are you seeing in stedman now that you didn't see weeks/months ago? you're all over him all of a sudden lol

Took a deeper dive into his tape and am really impressed with what I see... kid is always seperating/open, displays excellent ball skills, catches it with his hands away from his body and gets up the field quick and just makes plays on a consistent basis against a high level of competition over the last two years... he also gives solid effort as a blocker... I just don't see a glaring weakness to his game unless you wanna bring up his 4.5+ 40 time, though he plays fast.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I think the big difference is, Bailey does most of his damage on the outside where Swope operates mainly out of the slot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

kind of strange....Bailey has some character concerns after he was cited for stealing over-the-counter cold medication in Jan. 2012

I did see that, also saw "No charges or arrests were made and was he was cooperative with authorities and the store."

Either way, it certainly has to be looked into.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I guess the Bailey/Rogers debate comes down to personal preference. 

Bailey - Seems like a Branch in the 01-05' years whch makes me see why you guys like im so much

Rogers - To me seems like an Ocho in his prime but smarter and shouldn't have issues picking up this O. Actually Rogers would be slightly bigger, quicker, and a better blocker then Ocho, something we've never had with Brady which gets me excited over the prospect of seeing Bray with an actualy Z Flanker that can work all three parts of the field

Def agree that it's a preference thing, like I said, I like Rogers, but it's gonna be a tough conversation 10-15 years from now when I have to explain to my sons Randall and Stedman that their namesakes never played for New England.

I hear you and from my thinking I don't want to tell my future son that the back end of Brady's career was defined by small WRs who were exciting to watch but when push came to shove in the post season not a single one could get off the line. I just want for once a WR how can fight back in the playoffs and beat CBs up and give Brady something to throw to instead of our smaller WRs being manhandled at the line and Brady ducking for his life because our WRs can't get more then 5yrds down field

I don't disagree with the seperation piece, they def need players that can beat press coverage, especially come playoff time... I'd also like to see how different things would be with a healthy Gronk playing in the biggest game of the season (2011 SB, 2012 AFC CG).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hahaha You shouldn't throw anyones beer though man, thats just not cool. I don't think your buddy would be too happy when he gets pulled out of the plasma to find out you threw his beer as well

Haha, good point... I'll tell him to bring a few cans of soda then, but not tell him why... make sure he's drinking one when NE is on the clock.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Rd 3 anyone?  Tab 144 has the full Rd 1 mock for your reference while Tab 148 has the full Rd 2 mock.

1.    Kansas City- WR Stedman Bailey- MB (Think I just threw up)

2.    Jacksonville

3.    Detroit

4.    Oakland

5.    Philadelphia

6.    Cleveland

7.    Arizona

8.    Tennessee

9.    Buffalo

10.  New York Jets

11.  Tampa Bay

12.  San Francisco - from Carolina

13.  New Orleans