***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whatever we do, it has to be as close to a slam dunk as possible. Again, I am in favor of picking as high as we can and don't want to see us trade out or down. 

Do we all see BB going defense again with his first couple of picks? 

Looking at the offense I still see a need for an athletic receiver and some olinemen. I would really like to see the pats finally get a WR that can separate. Every team seems to have it excepT us. Again, not talking about te's and rb's. Lloyd has been all right, but we need some more. I don't see branch coming back and I don't see Edelman as that guy! Nor Hernandez! Nor Wes even if we resign him. Our te's should be quite good with Ballard back. Gronk and he should be beasts together, but still looking for an athletic WR that can stretch and play the sidelines...perhaps just tired of us giving up 20 yard plays and ready for us to make a few. 

Whether we draft a de or DT, my number one requirement is a kid that cit put pressure on the QB. I don't care if it comes inside or out...although truth be told I wOuld like to see it come out as I believe we can use spikes, Hightower and mayo to generate it inside when called..just call it a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

"Looking at the offense I still see a need for an athletic receiver and some olinemen. I would really like to see the pats finally get a WR that can separate. Every team seems to have it excepT us"

wrote about that yeserday (speeratign wr) and what it would do for the whole offense.

we have to do the db in fa (10 mil per year or not).  we need a top gun out there. there is zero confidence they can identify a top cb or safety and the line def and off is a need that has to be filled. 

espn worte today thay our cbs woudl be cut by any other teram. i dotn knwo about that, certainly any good team.

try this on:

Teams have thrown 64 passes 16 or more yards downfield against the Patriots, the most against any team in the NFL. And they’ve been successful 45 percent of the time. 

nearly 1 out of 2 long  passes

pace for a record odf successful 20 plus yard targets.

[/QUOTE]

True, but is BB going to draft a cb early in the draft? I cringe at this and who he might pick almost as much as when an opposing QB drops back to pass. One guy I woUld like to see replaced is Arrington. 

Spend the picks where you pick best...the front 7. We need DL that can rush as much as we need our secondary to play better. 

Here is a difficult but valid question. If this team is overall mediocre and BB thinks we have no shot, how many more years of this will he be willing to endure? He has a young team less Brady. Would he cash Brady in for 2 firsts then parlay them into 14 3rd round picks at some point, go with mallet? Or does Kraft stop it because he knows what Brady means historically to this franchise and it's legacy? This question has to be asked especially given Brady's age and how things have gone. I still think Tb is one of the best, but he clearly has lost something. His hyper competitive spark has gone down, he is doing the chicken dance withdefenders 5 yards from him, and his accuracy is not quite what it use to be...just saying..

I still think this year is up for grabs for us. I for one want to turn Hightower and spikes loose on the QB..send them to attack and have our guys plan man.

Go out and get the best FA cb, draft the best de we can, Maybe an olb and some OL talent. That still means after all tht, we may stillneeds amwr or two depending on what they do with Wes, Lloyd and Edelman! Branch. Seems to be a lot of pieces on the o to repLace next year...2-3 wr's, 1 or 2 OL to get. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patriot-fan-74's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@HC,

It's a good question... I'll start by saying, for all the talk last year about Barron and how he was overrated due to the lack of overall depth in the 2012 S draft class, I'd still take him over any safety in this class as well.

I look forward to watching more 2012 tape on Reid, as the more I watch of his 2011 tape, the more he looks like more of an athlete with hitting ability than a pure football player... the natural talent and movement ability is undeniable, but I'm seeing too many missed tackles and bad angles. 

When I watch Elam on tape, I'd compare him (from a size/speed/physicality/aggression standpoint) favorably to Patrick Chung, though I think he's a much better cover guy.  He's used a lot as a nickel/slot cover guy (an area where Chung struggles), moves well in the short area... has solid awareness and will make a play on the football.  He's also a very good run defender, very physical... and while he can miss some tackles, he's often breaks down and is in good position to make a play.  His value to the Gators is clear as he's moved around quite a bit, blitzes often off the edge (not that NE would do any of that), plays with good technique and looks assignment sound and always seems to be around the football... he looks to be more of a finished product than Reid.

Given my choice on 10/15/12, I'd take Elam over Reid.

I do look forward to watching more S tape on this class though, which includes McDonald, Lester, Jefferson and Vaccaro, etc.

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what you thought about another Alabama safety..Robert Lester?

[/QUOTE]

Day 2 kids, should be top 75, with some Rd 2 upside.

[/QUOTE]

MB, what is your opinion of CB D. Milliner of Alabama? As you can see I am a huge Bama fan. Do you think he could slide down to us in the first round?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

As far as OL, what is your opinions of those guys Bama has in Jones, Warmack and Fluker? What rounds do you think they project to?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whatever we do, it has to be as close to a slam dunk as possible. Again, I am in favor of picking as high as we can and don't want to see us trade out or down. 

Do we all see BB going defense again with his first couple of picks? 

Looking at the offense I still see a need for an athletic receiver and some olinemen. I would really like to see the pats finally get a WR that can separate. Every team seems to have it excepT us. Again, not talking about te's and rb's. Lloyd has been all right, but we need some more. I don't see branch coming back and I don't see Edelman as that guy! Nor Hernandez! Nor Wes even if we resign him. Our te's should be quite good with Ballard back. Gronk and he should be beasts together, but still looking for an athletic WR that can stretch and play the sidelines...perhaps just tired of us giving up 20 yard plays and ready for us to make a few. 

Whether we draft a de or DT, my number one requirement is a kid that cit put pressure on the QB. I don't care if it comes inside or out...although truth be told I wOuld like to see it come out as I believe we can use spikes, Hightower and mayo to generate it inside when called..just call it a bit more.

[/QUOTE]

"Looking at the offense I still see a need for an athletic receiver and some olinemen. I would really like to see the pats finally get a WR that can separate. Every team seems to have it excepT us"

wrote about that yeserday (speeratign wr) and what it would do for the whole offense.

we have to do the db in fa (10 mil per year or not).  we need a top gun out there. there is zero confidence they can identify a top cb or safety and the line def and off is a need that has to be filled. 

espn worte today thay our cbs woudl be cut by any other teram. i dotn knwo about that, certainly any good team.

try this on:

Teams have thrown 64 passes 16 or more yards downfield against the Patriots, the most against any team in the NFL. And they’ve been successful 45 percent of the time. 

nearly 1 out of 2 long  passes

pace for a record odf successful 20 plus yard targets.

[/QUOTE]

PATSLIFER, REPLIES TO YOUR TEXT WHICH IS BELOW ARE IN LINE AND CAPPED (BRED)

True, but is BB going to draft a cb early in the draft? I cringe at this and who he might pick almost as much as when an opposing QB drops back to pass.

I AM WITH YOU ON THIS AND HAVE SIAD THE SAME THING A COUPLE TIMES IN THE THREAD.

WHY I SAY WE NEED THE BIG CB F.A. WHO IS VERY GOOD AND ESTABLISHED

One guy I woUld like to see replaced is Arrington. 

YEAH AND KEEP MCC AT SAFETY IF HE IS ON THE FIELD

Spend the picks where you pick best...the front 7.

ALSO WITH YOU ON THIS, THOUGH I SAY DE, O LINE TOP PRIORITY, DT AFTER MAYBE WE CAN LIVE WITH WHAT WE HAVE PLUS FA. 

We need DL that can rush as much as we need our secondary to play better. 

AGREED

Here is a difficult but valid question. If this team is overall mediocre and BB thinks we have no shot, how many more years of this will he be willing to endure? He has a young team less Brady. Would he cash Brady in for 2 firsts then parlay them into 14 3rd round picks at some point, go with mallet? Or does Kraft stop it because he knows what Brady means historically to this franchise and it's legacy?

I HAVE BEEN ON RECORD THAT KRAFT SHOULD STEP IN AND HAVE SOME INVOLVEMENT, IDEALLY WITH SOME TOP MGT. 1. I TINK KRAFT IS SCARED -LESS THAT BB WOULD LEAVE AND HED DO ANYTHING FOR HIM TO STAY NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GOT TILL BB DECIDEDS TO GO)

This question has to be asked especially given Brady's age and how things have gone. I still think Tb is one of the best, but he clearly has lost something. His hyper competitive spark has gone down, he is doing the chicken dance withdefenders 5 yards from him, and his accuracy is not quite what it use to be...just saying..

I DONT THINK BRADY LOST HIS SPARK, BUT I DO SEE HIS YIPS INTERMITTANTLY AND HOW THEY INTERFERE WITH HIS ABILITY WEHN THEY COME ON. SO YOU ARE CONSIDERING GOING ALL IN WITH BB FOR A NEW CREW. IT' S NOT A TERRIBLE IDEA, BUT PROBLEM IS YOU HAVE BB BEING THE ONLY EVALUATOR (STOP THOSE WHO TRY TO REFUTE THIS) AND ALSO IT WOULD SUCK IF HE TRADED THEM FOR THE MAX 3RD ROUNDERS (TEAM STILL NEEDS IMPACT PLAYERS)

I still think this year is up for grabs for us. I for one want to turn Hightower and spikes loose on the QB..send them to attack and have our guys plan man.

YES BUT THATS NOT BBS WAY. HE IS GENERALLY AGAISNT THAT. IF THE TEAM CHANGED ITS DEF PHILOSOPHY THAT WOULD BE AWESOME AND HELP TEH SECONDARY

Go out and get the best FA cb, draft the best de we can, Maybe an olb and some OL talent. That still means after all tht, we may stillneeds amwr or two depending on what they do with Wes, Lloyd and Edelman! Branch. Seems to be a lot of pieces on the o to repLace next year...2-3 wr's, 1 or 2 OL to get. 

YEAH I KIND OF HAVE IT THE SAME.

1  TRUE SEPERATING WR NEEDED

F.A. CB

DRAFT BOOKEND TO JONES. 

DRAFT  STUD C/G, AND G/T

AND STILL WE COULD USE A GOOD SAFETY AND GOOD DT.

TOO MUCH FOR ONE YEAR EVEN WITH FREE AGENTS.

BUT AFTER ALL THAT, I SEE JOSH'S COACHING, WATCHING 7 WEEKS, AS A LIMITING FACTOR TO WINNING A SUPER BOWL, NOT A CONTRIBUTOR. (AND TO SLIGHTLY LESSER EXTENT, THE TECHNIQUE THEY TEACH CBS)

THANKS FOR ALL THE INTERESTING THOUGHTS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@HC,

It's a good question... I'll start by saying, for all the talk last year about Barron and how he was overrated due to the lack of overall depth in the 2012 S draft class, I'd still take him over any safety in this class as well.

I look forward to watching more 2012 tape on Reid, as the more I watch of his 2011 tape, the more he looks like more of an athlete with hitting ability than a pure football player... the natural talent and movement ability is undeniable, but I'm seeing too many missed tackles and bad angles. 

When I watch Elam on tape, I'd compare him (from a size/speed/physicality/aggression standpoint) favorably to Patrick Chung, though I think he's a much better cover guy.  He's used a lot as a nickel/slot cover guy (an area where Chung struggles), moves well in the short area... has solid awareness and will make a play on the football.  He's also a very good run defender, very physical... and while he can miss some tackles, he's often breaks down and is in good position to make a play.  His value to the Gators is clear as he's moved around quite a bit, blitzes often off the edge (not that NE would do any of that), plays with good technique and looks assignment sound and always seems to be around the football... he looks to be more of a finished product than Reid.

Given my choice on 10/15/12, I'd take Elam over Reid.

I do look forward to watching more S tape on this class though, which includes McDonald, Lester, Jefferson and Vaccaro, etc.

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what you thought about another Alabama safety..Robert Lester?

[/QUOTE]

Day 2 kids, should be top 75, with some Rd 2 upside.

[/QUOTE]

MB, what is your opinion of CB D. Milliner of Alabama? As you can see I am a huge Bama fan. Do you think he could slide down to us in the first round?

[/QUOTE]

Milliner is a favorite of mine and one of the best defensive players in this class; looks like the top CB on the board at this point... I'd expect him to be taken in the top 10-15... would love to see BB get aggressive and move up to get this kid.  Great size/speed combo, physical, good awareness and ball skills... not a lot to not like about this kid.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

As far as OL, what is your opinions of those guys Bama has in Jones, Warmack and Fluker? What rounds do you think they project to?

[/QUOTE]

Warmack and Jones are also high on my list of potential Patriots as both are high level performers at an area of potential need OG/C... the former is currently a projected Top 20 kid while the latter is another Rd 1 kid, they're prob the Top 2 OG's in this class at this point.  Fluker projects as a Day 2, Top 50 kid. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2*** !CHASE THOMAS PROFILE ADDED 10/24!

Player Profile:

DE/OLB- Chase Thomas- 6-4-250- Standford

Positives:

*Huge motor

*Very strong

*Extremely physical and rugged

*Very good run defender and sets the edge well

*Always around the football

*Very well coached player

*Smart player and looks assignment sound

*Versatile and plays OLB/ILB/DE

*A lot of experience playing ouf of a 2 point stance

Negatives:
    *Listed at 248-250, so I'll be curious to see how he weighs in at the SB/Combine

*Not a elite passrush option at this point, but has upside  

Projection:
    I'm personally a fan of the players that Stanford has turned out since Harbaugh took over (and has sinc passed on to David Shaw), they're very well coached, tough, blue collar, physical and always give a good effort.  This kid has been a pain in ND's side for (3) years now and strikes me as the smart, tough, versatile type kid that BB/NC will be interested in.  He's prob a day 2 kid at this point and potential Top 75 player... not flashy, just a very good football player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know who I like on Alabama the QB.

[/QUOTE]

I like McCarron a lot as well; he's only a junior, but has good size (6-4 210), a good arm, is accurate, spins a good football and can get the ball down the field (Tied for 3rd nationally in YPA).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Player Profile:

Positives:

*Huge motor

*Very strong

Negatives:
    *Listed at 248-250, so I'll be curious to see how he weighs in at the SB/Combine

Projection:
    I'm personally a fan of the players that Stanford has turned out since Harbaugh took over (and has sinc passed on to David Shaw), they're very well coached, tough, blue collar, physical and always give a good effort.  This kid has been a pain in ND's side for (3) years now and strikes me as the smart, tough, versatile type kid that BB/NC will be interested in.  He's prob a day 2 kid at this point and potential Top 75 player... not flashy, just a very good football player.

[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a prototypical BB player

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Player Profile:

Positives:

*Huge motor

*Very strong

Negatives:

Projection:

[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a prototypical BB player

[/QUOTE]

Def is, give him a look.

Think I was reading the other day that McCullers got a better grade than John Jenkins in their matchup... good find.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like chase Thomas as well and agree he is exactly the type of playeR BB likes. I wolook like him in the late 2nd or 3rd round. I still think we need our other passrusher early. Given chase seems somewhat close to nink, where do you see this kid playing? Is he an end of the line guy like nink or dos he hace the versatility to play inside as well? How do you make room for him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

I like chase Thomas as well and agree he is exactly the type of playeR BB likes. I wolook like him in the late 2nd or 3rd round. I still think we need our other passrusher early. Given chase seems somewhat close to nink, where do you see this kid playing? Is he an end of the line guy like nink or dos he hace the versatility to play inside as well? How do you make room for him?

[/QUOTE]

I think he can play inside, outside and with a hand in the dirt.

Passrusher early is where I want them to go as well, moving up if they identify a player they feel can come in and contribute and potentially impact immediately (similar to Chandler) and this class is projected to be stacked with height/weight/length/upside edge players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hey mb,

logged in tonight jsut to say congrats on nds win.

exacly what i was afraid of with kelly gettign hire there.

smart coaching, great tackling team. teo again teh stud.

oakl not well coached. had the horses to win that game, but a bad game, evident stoops is not a top coach (not news jus firsttime addressing here).

nd playere you can wathc and see how well thery are coached you can see 1 player making more than 1 smart decision per play and muliptel players per play. good technique. its all there.

they dont underperform.

now florida,

mushchamp didnt attend to the offense enough to maek them a champion caliber team, from coaching to signing on down. big game 6 turnovers at least 8 big mistakes. bad time to do that agaisnt georgia who finally found their legs.

notice usc lost again.

so nd is good, i still say you gotta play at least 1 top 6 or 7 sec team a year to be "teh best team in the country" and no team deserves that that doesnt have to go throuogh a whoel season playng sec teams evey week. certainly in the last decade.

a real playoff is the only way to really have a top team. 

every level up to the big boys play a playoff.

with this new crap political system coming in for ncaafb, wed need at least 8 teams.

whats thhe latest on everyone's top pats needs (1st priority, 2nd, 3rd) and players we can get where we might draft?

have a good game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well, looks like with dowling to ir once again, we are needy of a cb once again. Time to get serious and upgrade this secondary in a meaningful way. 

Dowlijg seems to be headed the way of Wheatley...out the door.that leaves McCourty, Dennard,Arrington, Moore, cole at cb. Of those 5, mccourty to meIcahn and maybe should our one of our starting safeties. Yes, he is our best corner, but I think with his skills, he is better playing safety for us next to Wilson. Chung I wouldn't resign and Gregory to me has been not what I had hoped for. Need, 1-2 safeties to back up McCourty and Wilson. 

On the the corners....dennard I can see as 1 of our starting corners. I like cole ahead of Moore and Arrington to play the slot. I don't see currently a corner on the roster to start opposite Dennard. This is where I think, especially with a young secondary. The pats need to pony up some cash and bring in a starting caliber FA corner. Joseph would have been my choice last year, but oh we'll. I say a starting caliber FA cb because we are young enough bacgp there and nwe'd experience. Also, with a guy you can leave on his own, McCourty could be used to help dennard along, Wilson could be used in the box more where like Chung, I think this is his strength .

As enticing it would be to move up for Milner, I want BB to spend some cash and bring on a cb. If weto free free up some cash, so be it..

We draft 1 safety, someone mid round or bring in a lower priced FA! Maybe keep gregory..Ebner stays as depth for now. Focus attention on grabbing pass rushing de opposite jones..I will go with MB's kid for now in werner...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

hey mb,

logged in tonight jsut to say congrats on nds win.

exacly what i was afraid of with kelly gettign hire there.

smart coaching, great tackling team. teo again teh stud.

oakl not well coached. had the horses to win that game, but a bad game, evident stoops is not a top coach (not news jus firsttime addressing here).

nd playere you can wathc and see how well thery are coached you can see 1 player making more than 1 smart decision per play and muliptel players per play. good technique. its all there.

they dont underperform.

now florida,

mushchamp didnt attend to the offense enough to maek them a champion caliber team, from coaching to signing on down. big game 6 turnovers at least 8 big mistakes. bad time to do that agaisnt georgia who finally found their legs.

notice usc lost again.

so nd is good, i still say you gotta play at least 1 top 6 or 7 sec team a year to be "teh best team in the country" and no team deserves that that doesnt have to go throuogh a whoel season playng sec teams evey week. certainly in the last decade.

a real playoff is the only way to really have a top team. 

every level up to the big boys play a playoff.

with this new crap political system coming in for ncaafb, wed need at least 8 teams.

whats thhe latest on everyone's top pats needs (1st priority, 2nd, 3rd) and players we can get where we might draft?

have a good game.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bred, awesome game to watch... signature win for Kelly thus far.  They need to keep the train rolling next week... don't want a 1993 all over again, where ND beat FSU in one of the most hyped games that I can remember, only to have a let down against BC.

Priorit is the secondary, whether they address is in the draft or free agency, my guess is both.  There are difference makers with size at CB in this class (Milliner / Banks, etc... both SEC kids) and I hope BB seriously considers moving up to land a player of this talent level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, looks like with dowling to ir once again, we are needy of a cb once again. Time to get serious and upgrade this secondary in a meaningful way. 

Dowlijg seems to be headed the way of Wheatley...out the door.that leaves McCourty, Dennard,Arrington, Moore, cole at cb. Of those 5, mccourty to meIcahn and maybe should our one of our starting safeties. Yes, he is our best corner, but I think with his skills, he is better playing safety for us next to Wilson. Chung I wouldn't resign and Gregory to me has been not what I had hoped for. Need, 1-2 safeties to back up McCourty and Wilson. 

On the the corners....dennard I can see as 1 of our starting corners. I like cole ahead of Moore and Arrington to play the slot. I don't see currently a corner on the roster to start opposite Dennard. This is where I think, especially with a young secondary. The pats need to pony up some cash and bring in a starting caliber FA corner. Joseph would have been my choice last year, but oh we'll. I say a starting caliber FA cb because we are young enough bacgp there and nwe'd experience. Also, with a guy you can leave on his own, McCourty could be used to help dennard along, Wilson could be used in the box more where like Chung, I think this is his strength .

As enticing it would be to move up for Milner, I want BB to spend some cash and bring on a cb. If weto free free up some cash, so be it..

We draft 1 safety, someone mid round or bring in a lower priced FA! Maybe keep gregory..Ebner stays as depth for now. Focus attention on grabbing pass rushing de opposite jones..I will go with MB's kid for now in werner...

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you in that I want BB to bring in a CB with elite talent, whether it be the draft or FA, etc... I just think it would come via the draft due to the financial cost to do so.  There are (4) CB's that are 6-1 or more that project as potential Rd 1 CB's (Milliner, Banks, Amerson, Rhodes) this year and I'd like to see BB move on one of them.

Milliner is prob the #2 player on my board at this point (behind Werner) and has a shot at #1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My thoughts go out to Marcus Lattimore and his family... just an awful, awful injury and you really have to feel for the kid... battled his way back from an knee injury last year... I'm really pulling for the kid.

And to continue with my sour grapes gripe... Randall Cobb was/is tailor-made for NE's offense... with his ability in the short/intermediate game and RAC ability... just a head scratcher with Vereen over him... I still don't get it.  There, I feel better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

My thoughts go out to Marcus Lattimore and his family... just an awful, awful injury and you really have to feel for the kid... battled his way back from an knee injury last year... I'm really pulling for the kid.

And to continue with my sour grapes gripe... Randall Cobb was/is taylor made for NE's offense... with his ability in the short/intermediate game and RAC ability... just a head scratcher with Vereen over him... I still don't get it.  There, I feel better.

[/QUOTE]

you were the man on that. toughj i was not far bnehind. i dont drink the coolade, i see bad moves adn good moves. he missed on cobb. wish we ran our daft like the top teams instead of a one man operation (ini reality)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't even decide right now what I would want in the secondary. I'm tired of them drafting guys in the first 2 rounds only to see them always injured (Dowling, Chung, Wheatley) or hitting that year 2 slump McCourty, Butler). I would say bring in a top CB via FA or trade but, I also fear if they throw 10 million at someone the same could happen and become wasted cap space. At this point if McCourty can't turn his head and cover better then safety is his new position. I always thought Chung was a decent player but he gets injured so much, you can't depend on him really. A nice start would be a new secondary coach

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

And to continue with my sour grapes gripe... Randall Cobb was/is taylor made for NE's offense... with his ability in the short/intermediate game and RAC ability... just a head scratcher with Vereen over him... I still don't get it.  There, I feel better.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, that was tough to watch Lattimore get injured like that. I feel really bad for the guy.  I'm pulling for him as well

I also agree with you on Cobb. Vereen shows flashes but he gets injured too often and the flexibility that Cobb can bring to an O is much greater then Vereen's imo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

.... A nice start would be a new secondary coach

[/QUOTE]

That I think is the first thing they should do and they can't do it soon enough.

If all they're DBs are really this bad, getting on good DB may not make a difference, particularly with this kind of coaching. A good DBs coach could help everyone back there to achieve a step improvement. With the improvement on the front seven, even a small improvement that cuts across the entire secondary could be enough to set this D up for sustained success. Imagine if that coach made a big improvement.

I think it's a move that carries small risk but potentially big rewards. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That I think is the first thing they should do and they can't do it soon enough.

If all they're DBs are really this bad, getting on good DB may not make a difference, particularly with this kind of coaching. A good DBs coach could help everyone back there to achieve a step improvement. With the improvement on the front seven, even a small improvement that cuts across the entire secondary could be enough to set this D up for sustained success. Imagine if that coach made a big improvement.

[/QUOTE]

At a minimum, I hope they bring in a new DB coach.  BB doesn't like when players make the same mistake over and over, so I'm not sure why he continues to employ the coach of a unit that makes the same mistakes over and over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who would you go for? top 5 DB's coach list please?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who would you go for? top 5 DB's coach list please?

[/QUOTE]

No idea who he'd target, but it'd likely be somebody linked to his coaching tree.

Sections
Shortcuts