***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

That would be a nice pick up for PHI

Thanks. I figured with Chip Kelly in Philly now and they need help on D, he'd be a good fit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

1.Kansas City- WR Stedman Bailey- MB (Think I just threw up)

2.Jacksonville - DE Alex Okafor -jjd

3.Detroit - CB Jamar Taylor - SeattlePat

4.Oakland- CB Logan Ryan- MB

5.Philadelphia- LB Kiko Alonso- HC

6.Cleveland- WR Justin Hunter- MB (not a huge Hunter guy, but presents good value here, would look good opposite Josh Gordon.)

7.Arizona- OL Justin Pugh- HC

8.Tennessee

9.Buffalo

10.New York Jets

11.Tampa Bay

12.San Francisco - from Carolina

13.New Orleans

14.San Diego

15.Miami

16.St. Louis

17.Pittsburgh

18.Dallas

19.New York Giants

20.Miami - from Chicago

21.Minnesota

22.Cincinnati

23.Washington

24.Indianapolis

25.Seattle

26.Green Bay

27.Houston

28.Denver

29.New England

30.Atlanta

31.San Francisco

32.Baltimore

33.Houston (compensatory)

34.Kansas City (compensatory)

35.Tennessee (compensatory)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tyrann Mathieu to visit Foxboro... not unexpected.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/tyrann-mathieu-to-visit-new-england/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

ok, aaron dobson officialy does NOT have small hands. they aren't big, but they are right on par with other receivers his size.. 9 inches. 

I saw somewhere they are 8.5" which are pretty small for someone his size and well below average.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/aaron-dobson?id=2539256

Then I stand corrected. I just saw on a couple different places he had 8.5" hands

While hand SIZE can be considered a potential indicator of success, haven't we overlooked  other INDICATORS seemingly as predictive of success?...FOCUS, hand-eye coordination, athleticism and determination?

In other words, the difference between a 9" hand and a 10" hand means little if other  gifts are present or conversely in short supply.

Another yardstick could be past history of success against quality DBs.  It's still a "crap-shoot" but one negative may be balanced by the relative quality of  the total package.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

6.Cleveland- WR Justin Hunter- MB (not a huge Hunter guy, but presents good value here, would look good opposite Josh Gordon.)

8.Tennessee - S Shamarko Thomas - jjd

9.Buffalo

10.New York Jets

11.Tampa Bay

13.New Orleans

14.San Diego

15.Miami

16.St. Louis

17.Pittsburgh

18.Dallas

19.New York Giants

20.Miami - from Chicago

21.Minnesota

22.Cincinnati

23.Washington

24.Indianapolis

25.Seattle

26.Green Bay

27.Houston

28.Denver

29.New England

30.Atlanta

31.San Francisco

32.Baltimore

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

I love Shamarko's game... very similar to Bob Sanders... would love to see him in Foxboro too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina has a private visit scheduled with the Patriots.

Ive been high on this guy for a while especially with the chance to get him with a 3rd or 4th rounder. Sky High upside. Has the talent to develop into a top 5 back in the NFL assuming he comes back to full form. Keep my fingers crossed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

9.Buffalo- WR Markus Wheaton- MB

10.New York Jets

11.Tampa Bay

13.New Orleans

14.San Diego

15.Miami

16.St. Louis

17.Pittsburgh

18.Dallas

19.New York Giants

20.Miami - from Chicago

21.Minnesota

22.Cincinnati

23.Washington

24.Indianapolis

25.Seattle

26.Green Bay

27.Houston

28.Denver

29.New England

30.Atlanta

31.San Francisco

32.Baltimore

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

"Possesses strong hands, length, and good concentration to sna.tch high and wide passes. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder and makes acrobatic one-handed catches. Can make a catch with a defender draped on him. Difficult for smaller cornerbacks to drag him down, as he will churn through contact to get the extra yardage. Able to free himself off press coverage using his hands."

Sounds better than Michael Jenkins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to speedster81's comment:

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina has a private visit scheduled with the Patriots.

Ive been high on this guy for a while especially with the chance to get him with a 3rd or 4th rounder. Sky High upside. Has the talent to develop into a top 5 back in the NFL assuming he comes back to full form. Keep my fingers crossed.

Def hoping for the best for this kid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

No stone left unturned..............

Pro Days Edmund Kugbila vying to be Valdosta State’s first draft pick since 1997 Gil Brandt By Gil Brandt |

Published: March 29th, 2013 | Tags: 2013 pro days, Artie Ulmer, Edmund Kugbila, Ryan Schraeder, Ryan Smith, Valdosta State

Representatives from 19 NFL teams gathered at Valdosta State’s pro day on March 18, where seven Blazers players and five others from smaller area colleges worked out outdoors on FieldTurf.

Edmund Kugbila, G (6-4 3/8, 319 pounds) — Kugbila — who was at the NFL Scouting Combine — ran the 40-yard dash in 5.13 and 5.20 seconds. He had a 26 1/2-inch vertical jump and an 8-foot-8 broad jump. He kept his short shuttle and three-cone drill times from the combine.

New England Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia put Kugbila through his pro day workout. Kugbila also had a workout with the Carolina Panthers. He has visits scheduled with the Chicago Bears and Kansas City Chiefs.

Kugbila was born in Ghana and lived there until he was 10 years old.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Anyone else laugh their darn azz off with this video?

As someone else mention on PFT. Can anyone imagine the volitile nature of trouble waiting to happen with Talib, Dennard, and honey badger hanging out?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

According to STATS ICE, West Virginia's Stedman Bailey made more "clutch receptions" in 2012 than any top draft-eligible receiver on a minimum of 100 targets.

"Clutch receptions" are defined as catches that went for a first down or touchdown. Scheme, quarterback play, and competition can affect stats like this, but it's still interesting that Bailey dominated the field with 72 "clutch" catches amongst 148 targets (48.6 percent). Next closest was Oregon State's Markus Wheaton, with 64 "clutch" catches on 141 passes his way (45.4 percent).     Source:  John Pollard Stats Mar 29 - 6:12 PM

That is really not surprising considering his ridiculous production last season. I love production. One of the reasons I liked Emmanuel Sanders coming out as well as Broyles last year.

I've had 2 main guys highlighted this year for player that I hoped the Pats might like assuming not 1st round. They were Patton, Bailey. Followed close behind by Wheaton, and Rogers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

MB you receiving the emails?

By the way, I know you like TJ Moe as a late option WR. What do you think of Ryan Spadola in the same value?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Geno Smith to Arizona #7

Matt Barkley to Minnesota #25

Ryan Nassib to Buffalo #29 (from NE for picks #41 and #105)

EJ Manuel to Philly #35

Tyler Bray to Houston #57

Mark Glennon to Jax #64

Tyler Wilson to Cleveland #68

Matt Scott to Tennessee #70

Zac Dysert to Buccaneers #73

Landry Jones to Chiefs #96

I think this trade can happen

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Marshall WR Aaron Dobson was credited with a drop percentage of zero on 92 targets, according to STATS Inc.

Many thought highly of Dobson prior to the 2012 season, and part of that was likely due to his highlight reel catches. However, the Marshall receiver missed some time due to injury and didn't always make his presence felt when healthy. This statistic point out his consistency on catchable passes, however.     Source:  John Pollard on Twitter Mar 29 - 11:07 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Dobson had a horrible supporting cast aound him this past season?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Marshall WR Aaron Dobson was credited with a drop percentage of zero on 92 targets, according to STATS Inc.

Many thought highly of Dobson prior to the 2012 season, and part of that was likely due to his highlight reel catches. However, the Marshall receiver missed some time due to injury and didn't always make his presence felt when healthy. This statistic point out his consistency on catchable passes, however.     Source:  John Pollard on Twitter Mar 29 - 11:07 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Dobson had a horrible supporting cast aound him this past season?

not much of a run game, but the passing attack was solid. QB threw for over 4k yards 37TDs only 11Ints, 3 solid WR's, and a 10TD TE.

The Patriots have had success with Marshall receivers before.  I wouldn't be upset if they got him.  Will probably need to spend a 2nd on him though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

ok, aaron dobson officialy does NOT have small hands. they aren't big, but they are right on par with other receivers his size.. 9 inches. 

I saw somewhere they are 8.5" which are pretty small for someone his size and well below average.

Then I stand corrected. I just saw on a couple different places he had 8.5" hands

While hand SIZE can be considered a potential indicator of success, haven't we overlooked  other INDICATORS seemingly as predictive of success?...FOCUS, hand-eye coordination, athleticism and determination?

In other words, the difference between a 9" hand and a 10" hand means little if other  gifts are present or conversely in short supply.

Another yardstick could be past history of success against quality DBs.  It's still a "crap-shoot" but one negative may be balanced by the relative quality of  the total package.

True but fans don't get tests and data that show focus, hand-eye, and sometimes determination as unless you watched actually game day most vids online are highlights that tend to only highlight those and none of the negatives

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

True but fans don't get tests and data that show focus, hand-eye, and sometimes determination as unless you watched actually game day most vids online are highlights that tend to only highlight those and none of the negatives

yeah thats the problem with looking at the clips on the Pats website. They have what seems like video of almost every noteworthy draftable player but its all highlights.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts