***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Ray Graham is a very crafty runner. Could not find much video of Tucker on youtube.

Graham had a really good game vs. ND this year... small/slight build, but ran with some conviction.

Even the craftiness of when he went out for a pass caught my eye. The slight pause or hestitation at the line of scrimmage behind his line croutched slightly before sliding out. Small attention to details.

Yeah... Pitt def seems to churn out a certain type of back as he's been compared a bit to Lesean McCoy... Dion Lewis was also a smaller back.

RB and the Patriots need absolutely none. If anyone slips through the draft cracks and are UDFA's then and only then would BB consider drafting a RB in this draft,one exception and that is if Dennard Robinson is veiwed as a RB.

That's a short sighted view to take Sports. Who knows how the draft will unfold.

If it's your 2nd 7th rd pick and the best player that is still available on your board by a lot is the RB  then you take him.

That's why they took Mallet. They didn't need a QB, he was the best player on their board by a lot, so they took him.

...at least that is my view on it. I am not expecting them to take a RB by I enjoy trying to do all the due diligince on every position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just an interesting thought I'd like to toss out there.

The Browns want a QB, the Pats want a 2nd round pick, the Browns don't have a second round pick because they spent it on Gordon, Pats need a durable high upside #2 WR.... Pats trade Mallett and conditional 5th next year for Gordon. Gordon is as good if not better then almost every WR in this years draft, Pats get their WR for cheap and Browns get their QB. Bing, bang boom win win for both sides. Yeah I know the Browns aren't going to trade a high upside skill position player but it's a nice dream to think of. By then the Pats can use their 1st on a DT/DE and spend the next 2 picks on CBs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The Browns want a QB, the Pats want a 2nd round pick, the Browns don't have a second round pick because they spent it on Gordon, Pats need a durable high upside #2 WR.... Pats trade Mallett and conditional 5th next year for Gordon. Gordon is as good if not better then almost every WR in this years draft, Pats get their WR for cheap and Browns get their QB. Bing, bang boom win win for both sides. Yeah I know the Browns aren't going to trade a high upside skill position player but it's a nice dream to think of. By then the Pats can use their 1st on a DT/DE and spend the next 2 picks on CBs. 

I mean, it's at least conceivable and could be something that BB would ask for, but like you said, not likely to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I mean, it's at least conceivable and could be something that BB would ask for, but like you said, not likely to happen.

The issue with looking at any of these WR's is who are the dummys and who are not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The issue with looking at any of these WR's is who are the dummys and who are not.

Well I personally think MB is pretty good at looking at WR's and Rusty isn'...... oh wait did you mean the actual WRs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Boston Herald's Jeff Howe reports the New England Patriots will host Florida State DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine.

Carradine joins five other players who have scheduled visits. "They have scheduled official visits with Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan, Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine, Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant, Alabama offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu and Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills, according to a source," Howe writes.

Tank is still my favorite of all nicknames. 

The idea of Mathieu in Rd 3 (as others have mentioned) is really growing on me... def a feisty little bastid in the Cortland Finnegan mold that could agitate opposing offenses and brings playmaking potential as both a defender and special teamer.  I've looked at him as mostly a Day 3 pick due to his off the field stuff, but Rd 3 could be an ideal home.

I can see where the appeal in Stills would come from... good size/speed, athletic with ball skills and RAC ability and has upside... to go along with NFL bloodlines.  On the negative side, he too has some off the field questions and on tape, while he'll start out with a decent effort most of the time as a blocker, he could certainly do a better job of sustaining.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

TD per game - career avg.

Bailey - 1.05

Patton - 0.96

Woods - 0.84

Hopkins - 0.69

Hunter - 0.64

Stills - 0.63

Spadola - 0.63

Rogers - 0.60

Dobson - 0.59

Austin - 0.56

Boyce - 0.56

Swope - 0.47

Wheaton - 0.35

Hamilton - 0.35

Harper - 0.27

Moe - 0.23

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Well I personally think MB is pretty good at looking at WR's and Rusty isn'...... oh wait did you mean the actual WRs?

lol yes the WR's. That black cloud that hangs over as to who will "get" the system and who is not capable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Well I personally think MB is pretty good at looking at WR's and Rusty is...... oh wait did you mean the actual WRs?

Hahahastedmanbaileyhahahaha.  I've taken to subliminal messaging ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Boston Herald's Jeff Howe reports the New England Patriots will host Florida State DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine.

Carradine joins five other players who have scheduled visits. "They have scheduled official visits with Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan, Florida State defensive end Tank Carradine, Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant, Alabama offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu and Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills, according to a source," Howe writes.

Tank is still my favorite of all nicknames. 

The idea of Mathieu in Rd 3 (as others have mentioned) is really growing on me... def a feisty little bastid in the Cortland Finnegan mold that could agitate opposing offenses and brings playmaking potential as both a defender and special teamer.  I've looked at him as mostly a Day 3 pick due to his off the field stuff, but Rd 3 could be an ideal home.

I can see where the appeal in Stills would come from... good size/speed, athletic with ball skills and RAC ability and has upside... to go along with NFL bloodlines.  On the negative side, he too has some off the field questions and on tape, while he'll start out with a decent effort most of the time as a blocker, he could certainly do a better job of sustaining.

In case you were interested...

Stills career avg.'s

5.37 rec/gm, 68.26 Yds/gm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

TD per game - career avg.

Bailey - 1.05

Patton - 0.96

Woods - 0.84

Hopkins - 0.69

Hunter - 0.64

Stills - 0.63

Spadola - 0.63

Rogers - 0.60

Dobson - 0.59

Austin - 0.56

Boyce - 0.56

Swope - 0.47

Wheaton - 0.35

Hamilton - 0.35

Harper - 0.27

Moe - 0.23

Good stuff. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Kipers latest mock has the Pats getting Hunter in the 1st and Mathieu in the 2nd - a bit early for Mathieu, and he has Houston taking Robert Woods prior to Hunter - don't think that will happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

Kipers latest mock has the Pats getting Hunter in the 1st and Mathieu in the 2nd - a bit early for Mathieu, and he has Houston taking Robert Woods prior to Hunter - don't think that will happen.

Yeah, with the guys still left on his board I def wouldn't want Justin Hunter in Rd 1.  Would much rather DeAndre or Keenan if they're going WR there.

I don't know if I missed his name, but Kiper has Hopkins lasting until Rd 3... no fr!ggin way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Yeah, with the guys still left on his board I def wouldn't want Justin Hunter in Rd 1.  Would much rather DeAndre or Keenan if they're going WR there.

I don't know if I missed his name, but Kiper has Hopkins lasting until Rd 3... no fr!ggin way.

yeah mb, hunter in my backup group or wrs i would only take in end of rd 2 or later.

if we can get one of the better des/dt pass rushers in rd 1, i'll wait till our next pick for a wr (ie mallet pick top rd 2, or our pick end rd 2)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

n.e. pats draft has hopkins and montgomery in rd 1 and 2.

and christenson on nepatsdraft

hopkins and wheaton 1 and 2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

yeah mb, hunter in my backup group or wrs i would only take in end of rd 2 or later.

if we can get one of the better des/dt pass rushers in rd 1, i'll wait till our next pick for a wr (ie mallet pick top rd 2, or our pick end rd 2)

Post your full Day 1/2 board in order of preference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hey mb, did so with what info i have about 3 months ago on this thread. as i said then, am def not a draftnik, but this year ive seen less fb and don eless research than in past due to time.

many of the players i had in rd 1 at 29 have moved up beyond reach: ansah, jordan (later after your tip), rhodes, floyd.

didnt save anything, what i can remember off the top of my head for who may be availble for pats now:

guys from my list/interest still in range carradine,  detone jones, hopkins, syl williams, okafor in rd 1 (trufant is good but if i go, cb i do in rd 3).

rd 2 rogers, dobson, hunter, hunt, woods

pass rushers, penetrating dts, big outside wrs who cna pluck/snag in traffic) in rd 1 and 2

big press man cbs, safetys, speedy cover lbs, o line (with potentially big upside) thereafter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Can anyone tell me why USC WR Woods isn't practicing with Brady, but T.O. is?  If that is against the rules, why was Mallett allowed to practice at the Arkansas pro day?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

Can anyone tell me why USC WR Woods isn't practicing with Brady, but T.O. is?  If that is against the rules, why was Mallett allowed to practice at the Arkansas pro day?

It's a good question Army, IDK... hoping someone else has the answer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

hey mb, did so with what info i have about 3 months ago on this thread. as i said then, am def not a draftnik, but this year ive seen less fb and don eless research than in past due to time.

many of the players i had in rd 1 at 29 have moved up beyond reach: ansah, jordan (later after your tip), rhodes, floyd.

didnt save anything, what i can remember off the top of my head for who may be availble for pats now:

guys from my list/interest still in range carradine,  detone jones, hopkins, syl williams in rd 1 (trufant is good but if i go, cb i do in rd 3).

haha, things change a ton in 3 months, heck my preferences can change by the week as more tape/info becomes available.

Interesting that BB is working out Jordan... wondering if they're getting an early read on him in the instance that he makes his way to the NYJ... which in turn will make him dead to me, ha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I thought for sure you would know mb.  

WR Woods would seem like a better fit at this time then T.O and I would think the Pats did thier homework (on Woods).  Maybe they did, and no one knows about it. 

Would you prefer Woods or Bailey with our 2nd rounder?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

WR Woods would seem like a better fit at this time then T.O and I would think the Pats did thier homework (on Woods).  Maybe they did, and no one knows about it. 

I'd have to guess that it was more TO seeking out the oppportunity... can't imagine that he's a serious candidate to be a WR in NE next season... at least I sure hope he's not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

guys from my list/interest still in range carradine,  detone jones, hopkins, syl williams in rd 1 (trufant is good but if i go, cb i do in rd 3).

haha, things change a ton in 3 months, heck my preferences can change by the week as more tape/info becomes available.

Interesting that BB is working out Jordan... wondering if they're getting an early read on him in the instance that he makes his way to the NYJ... which in turn will make him dead to me, ha.

that oudl be curel for you (and me) wouldnt it. 

maybe so. i was wonderign what advantage that was for him there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I'd have to guess that it was more TO seeking out the oppportunity... can't imagine that he's a serious candidate to be a WR in NE next season... at least I sure hope he's not.

bb was smking weed last time, on ocho (6 mil), if he did it again, wed have to steal his crack pipe away.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i have changed preferences a little here and there too, but players i brought to the board when there was little or no interest, and many of who shot up the board include floyd, syl willimans, hopkins and rhodes (beating the drum for ansah loud and long, but dont know if he was already on someones list).