***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

actually, why mess around, draft WR at 29, 59 and 91 and hope we hit on two of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I am not typically onboard with drafting WR's high but in this case I do not want them to wait. FInd the guy you like Pats and pick him. I do not care if it is at #29.

After doing the 6 year avg and listing the most talked about guys. It is very easily feasible all 12 or 13 of those guys are off the board by #91 and the Pats are left in the Taylor Price Zone.

IF YOU DON"T GO GET WHAT YOU LIKE YOU WILL BE FORCED TO LIKE WHAT YOU GET.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Now that the Steelers matched, I think we should get the best DL man, be it DT or DE that we can find then draft two WRs with our 2nd and 3rd.

I think we go DT/DE, WR, CB  and we resign Lloyd.  The WR in the draft needs to be able to stretch the defense and play on the outside.

Yeah, maybe get Lloyd his own locker room in an outside trailer.  I think we have enough depth at every position except WR where we are razor thin, almost as bad as 2006. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

What about Cobi Hamilton in later rounds?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

actually, why mess around, draft WR at 29, 59 and 91 and hope we hit on two of them.

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

:)

with bb thatd be a good strategy.

but alas i have gettign a pass rush as a top pritotity.

without no sb

so we coudl do something like carradine, rogers dobson

or 

hopkins, okafor/hunt, rogers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I am not typically onboard with drafting WR's high but in this case I do not want them to wait. FInd the guy you like Pats and pick him. I do not care if it is at #29.

After doing the 6 year avg and listing the most talked about guys. It is very easily feasible all 12 or 13 of those guys are off the board by #91 and the Pats are left in the Taylor Price Zone.

This is my thought as well, don't wait for sloppy 17th's... get the guy you want and be done with it. 

I'm still locked in on Hopkins in Rd 1 or Bailey in Rd 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Now that the Steelers matched, I think we should get the best DL man, be it DT or DE that we can find then draft two WRs with our 2nd and 3rd.

I think we go DT/DE, WR, CB  and we resign Lloyd.  The WR in the draft needs to be able to stretch the defense and play on the outside.

I'm with with you on some combo of DT/DE/WR/CB with their Day 1 and 2 picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Yeah, maybe get Lloyd his own locker room in an outside trailer.  I think we have enough depth at every position except WR where we are razor thin, almost as bad as 2006. 

I don't think a 3rd pick WR will contribute this year.  Maybe NE surprises and goes 1st and 2nd WR.  We do have more needs than WR.  DT, Pass rusher, cover linebacker, Safety depth, OG, that is why I think getting someone else in FA and 1st or 2nd rd receiver might help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Unless there is a trade, I'm almost certain we can say that the Pats will take at least one WR in rounds 1 and/or 2...even if it is BB. This is by far the most pressing need at the moment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Double Wr. get Stedman Bailey in earlier rounds and a tall and fast guy in the 7th,what do u think?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Unless there is a trade, I'm almost certain we can say that the Pats will take at least one WR in rounds 1 and/or 2...even if it is BB. This is by far the most pressing need at the moment.

In principle I agree, but when has NE ever done what everyone expects then to do.  There will be a WR drafted.  I think they can get value at the top of the second. Allen, Hunter, Bailey, Woods, Wheaton Rodgers could be there. Although, K. Allen might be there at 29 and in the 1st rd someone might reach for Hunter.  I would move back and take either Bailey, Woods, Rodgers or Wheaton.  If you go by 3 cone; it would be Rodgers, 40 time Wheaton, hand size Bailey, and 10-split Woods, so it would be interesting who they would select.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Double Wr. get Stedman Bailey in earlier rounds and a tall and fast guy in the 7th,what do u think?

That's the safe bet, but maybe not the most successful.  David Givens was the last 7th rd receiver that produced.  I like Bailey for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

That's the safe bet, but maybe not the most successful.  David Givens was the last 7th rd receiver that produced.  I like Bailey for sure.

yes he can produces a lot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

i hafve pass rush as biggest folowe dby wr and cb. need to be able to pres the qb wihtout a blitz consistently on de in todays nfl imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

+1...go early or pay the Price!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

This is my thought as well, don't wait for sloppy 17th's... get the guy you want and be done with it. 

Agree.

..I still think they can fill cb and de in FA, but will have to pony up some cash, especially if they want Abraham...if they even think they need de help..

i don't see any dt's left in FA at the moment, and with love, deaderick on short contracts, it might just be easier given our other needs to extend one or both of them, and, hope that armstead and Kelly can do something. I still think jwilliams will be there in the mid second. If he is someone bb really wants , he will have to trade up if we go Rogers round 1 Or do what I suggest below.

Persobally I think what I would do is still look to trade 29 back into the top half of round 2 and grab a 4th....use the 4th plus a 7th to move my 2nd, 2nd rounder back up near the top Of the round...

2nd- bailey

2nd - jwilliams 

3rd - Logan Ryan 

7th - BPA 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Its not a bad idea. Current WR are:

Amendola-Starter

Edelman-3rd or 4th guy 

D. Jones-I like this signing but diffrent offense, so ?

Ebert-practice squad last year

Slater- Not really a wr to be honest

Aiken-? hasn't caught a pass in career

Holmes-?caught 2 passes in career

If they can get a 2nd for Mallett then they could draft 3 wr and a DT or DE

Bringing back Lloyd is always an option if they only draft 2

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Agree.

..I still think they can fill cb and de in FA, but will have to pony up some cash, especially if they want Abraham...if they even think they need de help..

i don't see any dt's left in FA at the moment, and with love, deaderick on short contracts, it might just be easier given our other needs to extend one or both of them, and, hope that armstead and Kelly can do something. I still think jwilliams will be there in the mid second. If he is someone bb really wants , he will have to trade up if we go Rogers round 1 Or do what I suggest below.

Persobally I think what I would do is still look to trade 29 back into the top half of round 2 and grab a 4th....use the 4th plus a 7th to move my 2nd, 2nd rounder back up near the top Of the round...

2nd- bailey

2nd - jwilliams 

3rd - Logan Ryan 

7th - BPA 

Actually let me clarify a bit...

sign abraham

extend love or deaderick, but I want to upgrade DT this year. 

trade 29 for high 2nd and 4th...use 4th to move the second of my 2's back up to top of 2nd...

draft;

2a - bailey

2b - jwilliams 

3 - Logan Ryan (use one of my 7ths and something else to go back up in third)

7- BPA 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Spending the eving watching the WR's all over again.

I really hope Hopkins is available for the Pats at #29. Got to have him. I can't see him lasting till #29 however. Really surprised by him being mentioned after keenan allen. I don't see it.

Allen falls down all the time just trying to make a move after the catch. Not great balance making moves with the football in his hands.

Does Da'rick EVER make a man miss a tackle in the open field? I have never seen one. He might outtun some guys to day light but make a move? I need to find some tech film cause all the TN film is straight line no move almost no yac. It's a good thing he is built really rugged because he takes a ton of abuse cause he has no wiggle. Gets lit up left and right.

ok back to watching more WR video...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Spending the eving watching the WR's all over again.

I really hope Hopkins is available for the Pats at #29. Got to have him. I can't see him lasting till #29 however. Really surprised by him being mentioned after keenan allen. I don't see it.

Allen falls down all the time just trying to make a move after the catch. Not great balance making moves with the football in his hands.

Does Da'rick EVER make a man miss a tackle in the open field? I have never seen one. He might outtun some guys to day light but make a move? I need to find some tech film cause all the TN film is straight line no move almost no yac. It's a good thing he is built really rugged because he takes a ton of abuse cause he has no wiggle. Gets lit up left and right.

ok back to watching more WR video...

ok get back to us when you want to share what youve got :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Robert Woods makes a ton of very difficult and contested catches. Great body control and no problem extending and catching the ball away form his body with his hands. Puts good effort into most of his blocking assignments and even when he is just going to shield he does a very clever thing in acting like he is going out wide then breaking down for a screen in the flat to pull the defender further out away from the running lane and gets a better angle for shilding him. Also seems to run just about every type of route, in lots of motion, returns punts. 

Certainly likeing Woods.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Robert Woods makes a ton of very difficult and contested catches. Great body control and no problem extending and catching the ball away form his body with his hands. Puts good effort into most of his blocking assignments and even when he is just going to shield he does a very clever thing in acting like he is going out wide then breaking down for a screen in the flat to pull the defender further out away from the running lane and gets a better angle for shilding him. Also seems to run just about every type of route, in lots of motion, returns punts. 

Certainly likeing Woods.

hes on back end of my list 4th or 5th. if he were pattersons build hed be on top.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Certainly likeing Woods.

Don`t forget Aaron Dobson, Justin Hunter, Stedman Bailey,Terrance Willians

Talking about Woods I liked what I saw but he had a good cb in College, not one of the fastest. and you know how USC players play in the NFL, not really a deep threat.

In the other hand he is very versatile can make plays in short, medium and long passes. great in YAC, solid hands, good in returns too

Maybe in the second round?

what do u think, let`s do a list grading the receivers and trying to figure out who is the best to fill Patriots needs in this position?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Certainly likeing Woods.

Don`t forget Aaron Dobson, Justin Hunter, Stedman Bailey,Terrance Willians

Talking about Woods I liked what I saw but he had a good cb in College, not one of the fastest. and you know how USC players play in the NFL, not really a deep threat.

In the other hand he is very versatile can make plays in short, medium and long passes. great in YAC, solid hands, good in returns too

Maybe in the second round?

what do u think, let`s do a list grading the receivers and trying to figure out who is the best to fill Patriots needs in this position?

all of them but bailey ive been posting here for he last several weeks

Sections
Shortcuts