***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

They had kind of a cool piece on the receivers on the NFL network today. They had Patterson, Rogers, Woods, Stills and Allen together answering questions and running routes with Michael Irvin and Steve Mariucci. You could really see their personalities during it - I found Patterson and Woods to be the more mature of the five. Stills did a very nice job answering questions about his off the field problems. I was surprised at the lack of maturity level from Allen and I wouldn't touch Rogers with a ten foot pole. I will say that Rogers is a huge kid, his arms look like they belong on a linebacker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't believe how high Barkenvious Mingo is slated to go in some of these mock drafts - he looks lazy to me...a little too light and I wonder if he has any pass rush moves at all. Just because you're tall, a good athlete and fast, evidently is enough to get you drafted high.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my updated  Big 53 draft board... new additions in Red:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

DT- Sylvester Williams

CB- DJ Hayden

DL- Datone Jones

CB- Desmond Trufant

Rd 1-2

DT- John Hankins

WR- Stedman Bailey

S- Matt Elam

S- Jon Cyprien

Rd 2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Jamar Taylor

CB- Johnthan Banks

CB- Darius Slay

WR- Quinton Patton

WR- Robert Woods

WR- Markus Wheaton

DT- John Jenkins

DL- Margus Hunt

Rd 2-3

S- Shamarko Thomas

S- DJ Swearinger

CB- Jordan Poyer

WR- Da'Rick Rogers

Rd 3

WR- Ryan Swope

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

CB Kayvon Webster

CB- Sanders Commings

CB- Dwayne Gratz

OL- Barrett Jones

C/OG- Brian Schwenke

WR- Chris Harper

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

LB- AJ Klein

Rd 4-7

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

S- Josh Evans

S- Keelan Johnson

S- Cooper Taylor

WR- Josh Boyce

CB- Tyrann Mathieu

OG- Jeff Baca

TE- Nick Kasa

TE- Levine Toilolo

DE/OLB- David Bass

WR- TJ Moe

RB- Spencer Ware

DE/OLB- Joe Kruger

DL- Quinton Dial

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

OL- Tanner Hawkinson

RB- Chris Thompson

WR- Sam McGuffie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

They had kind of a cool piece on the receivers on the NFL network today. They had Patterson, Rogers, Woods, Stills and Allen together answering questions and running routes with Michael Irvin and Steve Mariucci. You could really see their personalities during it - I found Patterson and Woods to be the more mature of the five. Stills did a very nice job answering questions about his off the field problems. I was surprised at the lack of maturity level from Allen and I wouldn't touch Rogers with a ten foot pole. I will say that Rogers is a huge kid, his arms look like they belong on a linebacker.

yes there is the maturity / head aspect. rogers shines as a talent (not with his maturity).

i saw this a week or so ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Thanks for the feedback, I think the maturity factor is even more important when tied to a position like WR, where you find most of your divas... not that divas can't be mature, but I prefer kids with the team mentality vs. a kid that's focused more on himself... IDK, maybe it's two different arguments.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Thanks for the feedback, I think the maturity factor is even more important when tied to a position like WR, where you find most of your divas... not that divas can't be mature, but I prefer kids with the team mentality vs. a kid that's focused more on himself... IDK, maybe it's two different arguments.

most of the best talent at wr are divas. as long as they produce. would i like ot do without sure. but ill take talent over most mature team. what is gronkowski? maturity of a 13 year old. 

ill take a deon, micheal irvin, etc with titles over a hard worker who doesnt have the talent. 

how would we have done with a andre johnson instead of a welker?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ne pats draft (chistenson's) new mock has 2 of my top 5 preferable wrs in his first 3 pats picks (hunter and dobson) but he doesnt get me a pass rusher.

he goes hunter in 1, dobson in 2, tyrann mathieu in rd 3.

i want 2 of my 5 wrs and carradine, okafor or hunt (the rest of the pass rushers im looking at should be gone)

one alternative just takling 1 of my 5 wrs and best cb in the package (i lean for the 2 wrs-insurance).

hope bb gets an extra 2nd without losing out on the package of players i want. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

bleacher report dimaio has a wonderful mock wiht the pats getting 2 of my receivers and one of my pass rushers and a cb which i would love (all 4!)

trade back to 35 and take datone jones (a little optimisitic he will make it here)

dobson at 59, logan ryan 91, and da rick rogers 101.

a t/g in rd 7 again which i love if he turns out any good (hawkinson)

and a safety - another need i have, cooper taylor.

the only thing not addressed is cover linebacker. but considering how few picks we have this would be a steal of a draft!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

bleacher report dimaio has a wonderful mock wiht the pats getting 2 of my receivers and one of my pass rushers and a cb which i would love (all 4!)

trade back to 35 and take datone jones (a little optimisitic he will make it here)

the only thing not addressed is cover linebacker. but considering how few picks we have this would be a steal of a draft!

This mock is too good.  No way Jones gets to 2nd round, and I don't believe rogers will even get close to 101 either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

ECS OG, OC and WR.  Have seen Frederick mocked to the NE in the 3rd round.

Schwenke could be there late 2nd. I think OL will be 4th-7th rd w/trade back.

WRs - I have Hunter as a 2nd Rd talent and Hopkins 1st Rd.  NE could double dip WR in the 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd with quality players off this list.

Centers/Guards
    Round One - Chance Warmack, Alabama...Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina;
    Round Two - Kyle Long, Oregon...Justin Pugh, Syracuse...C Brian Schwenke, Cal;
    Round Three - Brian Winters, Kent State...Larry Warford, Kentucky...Dallas Thomas, Tennessee...David Quisenberry, San Jose State...C Travis Frederick Wisconsin;
    Round Four - C Barrett Jones, Alabama...Hugh Thornton, Illinois...Alvin Bailey, Arkansas...Jeff Baca, UCLA;
    Round Five - Travis Bond, North Carolina...Vince Painter, Virginia Tech...C Khalid Holmes, USC;
    Round Six - J.C. Tretter, Cornell...C Braxston Cave, Notre Dame...Earl Watford, James Madison...C P.J. Lonergan, LSU;
    Round Seven - Eric Herman, Ohio...C Matt Stankewiecz, Penn State...Garrett Gilkey, Chadron State...C Joe Madsen, West Virginia...Edmund Kugbila, Valdosta State...Nik Embernate, San Diego State;
      Wide Receivers
    Round One - Tavon Austin, West Virginia...Corderrelle Patterson, Tennessee...Justin Hunter, Tennessee;
    Round Two - Robert Woods, USC...DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson...Keenan Allen, Cal...Terrance Williams, Baylor...Aaron Dobson, Marshall;
    Round Three - Quinton Patten, Louisiana Tech...Stedman Bailey, West Virginia...Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee...  Marcus Wheaton, Oregon State...Marquise Goodwin, Texas...Ryan Swope, Texas A&M...Denard Robinson, Michigan; Round Four - Chris Harper, Kansas State, Josh Boyce, TCU;
    Round Five - Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech...Rodney Smith, Florida State;
    Round Six - T.J. Moe, Missouri...Marquess Wilson, Washington St...Charles Johnson, Grand Valley St...Brice Butler, San Diego St;
    Round Seven - Ace Sanders, South Carolina...Kenny Stills, Oklahoma...Zach Rogers, Tennessee...Courtney Gardner, Sierra College...Eric Rogers, Cal-Lutheran...Tavarras King, Georgia...Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas;

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

most of the best talent at wr are divas. as long as they produce. would i like ot do without sure. but ill take talent over most mature team. what is gronkowski? maturity of a 13 year old. 

ill take a deon, micheal irvin, etc with titles over a hard worker who doesnt have the talent. 

how would we have done with a andre johnson instead of a welker?

Both Gronk and Andre Johnson fit into what I said above "I prefer kids with the team mentality vs. a kid that's focused more on himself". 

Gronk may have some maturity issues when he's out having a few too many, but there really isn't a more prepared person on the offense, maybe TB, but he's up there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BTW... WE'RE ONLY A WEEK AWAY FROM THE DRAFT!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yep and only 53 more weeks until the 14' draft!!!  Oh that would PO TP  >.>

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Something about PO TP makes me happy...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

This mock is too good.  No way Jones gets to 2nd round, and I don't believe rogers will even get close to 101 either.

me either on both

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Looks like it was Hopkins and Harrison's hotel room that was trashed at the combine. If they did it, would any of you guys draft them?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9187853/deandre-hopkins-mark-harrison-trashed-hotel-rooms-combine-sources-say

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Looks like it was Hopkins and Harrison's hotel room that was trashed at the combine. If they did it, would any of you guys draft them?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9187853/deandre-hopkins-mark-harrison-trashed-hotel-rooms-combine-sources-say

who you are around matters. if hopkins "did it" and he dropped, hell yes.

surrounded by a pat org hes not gonna behave that way. unfortunately all the other teams interested in hopkins are going to see it the same way.

my top need is a pas rusher not a receiver so id prefer pass rusher (okafor or carradine or hunt) and rogers and dobson 

to hopkins in rd 1, and whatever else i could get (unless i could move up for okafor or carradine or hunt with 2nd pick)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Hahaha I dare you to start the 2014 thread on April 28th

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hahaha I dare you to start the 2014 thread on April 28th

That ain't right..... but if he does it, I will go post my watch list the day after!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

CBS New 4 Staff Mock: at 29 is(carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, datone jones) who you got?

if it plays out like they seem to have it 

at 29, you can have carradine, hunt, WERNER, short, and some have datone jones avail.

who you got?

id def take werner or carradine.

carradine has the highest upside a top 10 pick without the knee injury. it will take a year for him to be 100%

werner is a healthy pass rusher de now in a 4-3.

carradine can also drop back in space.

i def woudl take one of them (and then go wr)

i dont know if bb wants werener with more production for more years, better first step and ready now vs carradine who also can drop into space but will not be 100% for a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

For you eng

since you asked, im sharing fisrt one i came across since then (there have been so many of teh top mockers including cbs and walter fb)

you asked who rated carradine a top 10 pick before the knee injury?

heres one:

nationalfootballpost

SUMMARY - In the first few games evalauting Florida State, Carradine impressed me and then the more film I evaluated he continued to jump off the film. For a player with limited experience, I was shocked at how instinctive, smart and technically sound he is. Displaying great competitiveness on every snap, Carradine made a ton of plays through sheer effort and hustle chasing down ball carriers 10+ yards down the field. Although he was often the last defensive linemen moving at the snap, he was by far the most productive of Florida State's defensive linemen in the five games evaluated - He was involved in 1 play out of every 7.31 snaps which is a rare ratio and usually that of a Top Five Overall Pick. In the end, Carradine's play on the field no doubt warrants being picked in the Top Ten, but the health of his right knee will be the primary determining factor in where he gets drafted. If his knee checks out and NFL medical personnel feel that he will return to 100% within a season or two then he will likely be a first round pick, but if there are any medical questions he will slide into the second round. I believe that while he will likely need a season to get back to 100%, by the 2014 season he will be a starting defensive end and eventually a high end starter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just don't understand bred. Carradine, is not a 3 down player and prior to the knee injury was a huge liability in the run game. Florida ran all over him. He wasn't even a full time player at Florida State. He's a good-great pass rusher but would have to come off the field in running situations or teams will take huge advantage of that. Will be interesting to see how he comes back from the injury and what caused that sudden explosion of pass rushing ability but not a guy I want. To many times Guys who bust out their senior year with only one aspect don't have the same explosion in production in the Pro's. I also look for steady production and consistent increase in production as, imo, it translates into better overall production in the Por's 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I know Faucet will be happy to hear the return of Kenny Tate.

......Just two years earlier, Tate had 100 tackles, 3.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and three interceptions in earning first-team All-ACC honors as a safety.

“You know, Kenny’s a smart athlete, and when healthy he is damn good athlete,” said Maryland defensive coordinator Brian Stewart, a long-time NFL assistant who was the defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys in 2007 and 2008.

Added Stewart: “Kenny’s a little leggy to play safety. But I do believe that weak-side ‘backer would be great for him because he is instinctive, he knows how to get to the ball, he’s a good tackler, and you can blitz him. So that’s where I see him. … But he has a nice skill set that, when healthy, he is a good player.”

Tate hasn’t visited with any NFL teams as of yet, but he said he’s had conversations with the Miami Dolphins, the Houston Texans, the St. Louis Rams and the New England Patriots.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/pro_sports/terps-tate-optimistic-about-nfl-career/article_9d87f99d-8405-5521-aceb-23846d89d16a.html

Sections
Shortcuts