***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Listening to Gresh and Zo, they are having their annual draft party at the CBS scene in Foxboro. Prob never happen but it would be interesting if we could somehow get all the draftniks together one year at the CBS scene and just have a fun time with the draft. I think I'd prefer day 2 as there is much more action and more intrigue but that would be a good time

Yeah man, that'd be a good time!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

My day before the draft wish list (which would be viable with a bit of movement)

Margus Hunt

Robert Woods

Barrett Jones

Aaron Dobson

Blidi Wreh-Wilson

Micah Hyde

Opinions?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from uknepatsfan. Show uknepatsfan's posts

I think the Pats will trade out.

Word is that Tampa wants back in the first and with Schiano's links to NE I think the Pats would be happy to oblige them at #29.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

CaptFoxboro - great post and I have a question for you and the others on the thread -

Is there any player in this draft that is worth moving up for, trading future picks for, etc...ala Atlanta and Julio Jones, which in my opinion, has helped them. 

Ziggy Ansah? Could be Vernon Gholston. 

Star Lutuleilei? Help for Vince, replace Vince

Wide Receiver - no Megatron or Megatron-lite (Jones) - Tavon Austin?

Offensive Lineman - never

This kind of shows how "boring" this draft is - in my humble opinion.

I love this kid Ansah - to me he is a strong, athletic kid that has boat loads of potential. I really can't see him being a bust - I think he is going to help some team right away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Star, but I might take a shot at Clowney over any D player in this class. I still think a trade down is likely.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

CaptFoxboro - great post and I have a question for you and the others on the thread -

Is there any player in this draft that is worth moving up for, trading future picks for, etc...ala Atlanta and Julio Jones, which in my opinion, has helped them. 

Ziggy Ansah? Could be Vernon Gholston. 

Star Lutuleilei? Help for Vince, replace Vince

Wide Receiver - no Megatron or Megatron-lite (Jones) - Tavon Austin?

Offensive Lineman - never

This kind of shows how "boring" this draft is - in my humble opinion.

I would not move up for any of them, but the following are I think will ultimately end up being the best of this class

Lotulelei

Ansah

Patterson

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Hunt is getting more likely @29.

But would you use him at DT? After watching his videos, especially the NFL Network video, he seems to have narrow shoulders. Would he be able to back big NFL dudes?

In response to bredbruu's comment:

Here's an interesting thought. We all pegged Hunt to be a 43 DE, which is natural given his 275lb weight. However, he has a ton of strength (38 reps with his long arms) and has the frame (6'8") to add 15 lbs without losing a ton of speed. 10-15lbs is a reasonable gain from rook OTA's to Sept given current NFL standards would it be possible that they pick Hunt with #29 and have him bump up to 290 and use him as a heavy 43 DE during running plays and a smaller quick DT during passing downs? Given his ST ability too he'd be a 4 down player that adds strength to both the run and pass defense. The more I think about it the more it makes sense to me. He'd be the player they were hoping Cunningham would become. Then on passing downs you move Hightower to DE and A. Wilson/Nink as the 3rd coverage LB and you have a 11 man squad of:

Dennard             Hightower             Hunt              Wilfork              Jones            Talib

Nink/A. Wilson                                 Spikes                                   Mayo

T. Wilson/Gregory                             McCourty

hitting reply would not work all of a sudden.

hey eng, this is exaclty how i imagined bb woudl use hunt if indeed he drafted him.

hes still a risk in my book and abotu the 4th de (and preferred player) for our first pick)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Just want to share a thought...

As I was doing my 2-round mock draft I realized two things:

1)  Someone really screwed things up in KCC

2)  MIA has me concerned. They've had a good free agency period. They have five picks in the first three rounds (1 in the first, 2 in the second, and 2 in the third). They have multiple picks at the strength of this class. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Oh... and I like Fisher more than Joeckle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Thanks 1st Lieutenant (assuming you've been promoted by now, lol).

I don't think BB will trade up, back if anything.  And I doubt Ogletree will last.  We could go Minter for a straight replacement to Spikes. Or we could go 3rd round with Lemonier, who ran a 4.56, or Sio Moore or even the kid from Stanford, Chase Thomas.  That might be the smarter play. 

I'm also warming to the idea of Hayden if he's there at 29 as a relatively new idea.  One of Mb's DTs or a WR.  But more than likely, we will trade back.

Yup, I have been promoted and I don't know what to do now about the name.  What a bad choice eh?  Oh well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Oh... and I like Fisher more than Joeckle.

Looks like the Chiefs agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/talk-heats-up-that-chiefs-prefer-fisher-to-joeckel/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Pats trade out of the 1st round to get an extra pick.  

Not in any order Margus Hunt, Quinton Patton, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, & John Simon.

Possible? I don't know just guessing like everyone else.

I'm really not sold on Wreh-Wilson.  I guess it's because he's a CB from UConn and the last one didn't work out so well.  It's really not fair to him, but that's all I'm reminded of.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Pats trade out of the 1st round to get an extra pick.  

Not in any order Margus Hunt, Quinton Patton, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, & John Simon.

Possible? I don't know just guessing like everyone else.

I'm really not sold on Wreh-Wilson.  I guess it's because he's a CB from UConn and the last one didn't work out so well.  It's really not fair to him, but that's all I'm reminded of.

You are not alone. I was thinking of that UConn connection three weeks ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Thanks 1st Lieutenant (assuming you've been promoted by now, lol).

I don't think BB will trade up, back if anything.  And I doubt Ogletree will last.  We could go Minter for a straight replacement to Spikes. Or we could go 3rd round with Lemonier, who ran a 4.56, or Sio Moore or even the kid from Stanford, Chase Thomas.  That might be the smarter play. 

I'm also warming to the idea of Hayden if he's there at 29 as a relatively new idea.  One of Mb's DTs or a WR.  But more than likely, we will trade back.

Yup, I have been promoted and I don't know what to do now about the name.  What a bad choice eh?  Oh well.

Change it. Everyone who's posted here long enough will make the connection. 

Congratulations!

Sections
Shortcuts