***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to mcboyd22's comment:

CaptFoxboro - great post and I have a question for you and the others on the thread -

Is there any player in this draft that is worth moving up for, trading future picks for, etc...ala Atlanta and Julio Jones, which in my opinion, has helped them. 

Ziggy Ansah? Could be Vernon Gholston. 

Star Lutuleilei? Help for Vince, replace Vince

Wide Receiver - no Megatron or Megatron-lite (Jones) - Tavon Austin?

Offensive Lineman - never

This kind of shows how "boring" this draft is - in my humble opinion.

I love this kid Ansah - to me he is a strong, athletic kid that has boat loads of potential. I really can't see him being a bust - I think he is going to help some team right away.

yeah mthurl, did you read all my posts on him when he was a 2nd to a late first rd projection? shot up too hihg and i stooped being intersted (impractical)

Bred, and everyone here...

Try reading the first 15 pages of this thread again. Interesting conversations. Great to see how  perspectives evolved on some players, and stayed stable on others.

Jordan and Ansah were spotted early. Even top prospects for 2014 - Clowney, Tuitt, etc.

One of most interesting was Ramekap's comment on Amendola and Welker (page 9 I think). 

Yeah man, def some good early stuff, haha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I did hear it mentioned that (4) Bama players are expected to be taken in Rd 1 (not sure if it was Shefter or McShay)... though at this point, everything is just hearsay... we'll see if that rings true as that'd mean Milliner, Warmack, Fluker and either Lacy or Williams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am trying to find 7th round WRs to add to Charles Johnson who was already mentioned on these boards. I found one who I find intriguing.

Myles White of LA Tech. Here are a couple of youtubes of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7nlRq15Ss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFPI5038reQ

Does anyone know why he left Michigan St for LA Tech?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

MB, PE, Faucet, Wazzu, Seattle, and the rest of the great contributors.....

....thanks again for all your insight and hard work. Awesome job. Thank you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

and it starts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I can't speak for others but no need for thanks, I utterly enjoy this stuff. If you get some joy and insight from my enjoyment all the better

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

OK, I stand corrected.  I didn't think we would be able to trade out of 29, but man am I glad we did!  Outstanding compensation.  2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 7th?  Wow.  Great move.  There will surely be some very good players on the board in Day 2.  Can't wait for a very exciting Day 2.  Nice work, BB!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Called the trade out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hoping for hunt/carridine and hankins for our 2nd round picks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Hoping to take the extra picks and come away with 2 WR's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Hoping to take the extra picks and come away with 2 WR's.

Yeah, i would think they have to go with a WR in RD 2.  Some good names still out there.

I really wanted Ogletree though

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bb fleeced minny...time to reset 

really nice. Move by bb...now go get a wr...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Depends on who we get. Minn might have fleeced BB. Late 2nd and 3rd. The Pats could be hedging their bets but I always like to take a higher talent them a handful of pebbles and hoping one is a gem

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So BB trades out, not much of a surprise... def time to reset the board and man, I can't wait for tomorrow!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I can't speak for others but no need for thanks, I utterly enjoy this stuff. If you get some joy and insight from my enjoyment all the better

Yeah man, I'm with ya... this is a passion of mine, love researching/discussing the draft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

OK, I stand corrected.  I didn't think we would be able to trade out of 29, but man am I glad we did!  Outstanding compensation.  2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 7th?  Wow.  Great move.  There will surely be some very good players on the board in Day 2.  Can't wait for a very exciting Day 2.  Nice work, BB!

no coment till see what we get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Depends on who we get. Minn might have fleeced BB. Late 2nd and 3rd. The Pats could be hedging their bets but I always like to take a higher talent them a handful of pebbles and hoping one is a gem

you have been siingin the tune this year that ive played since i joined bdc.

im on the same train

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Bloomberg TV this morning reported statistical analyses showing that the best place to draft, from a value perspective, is the 2nd round.

According to their report, 2 picks in the second round is better than 1 pick in the first round.

Don't forget that BB has a mathematics college background.

im on the same train

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think,so. We all said the strength of this draft is in rounds 2-3. we now have 4 picks there plus an early 4th. Right in the sweet spot.

retrospectively, I,wished we offered sanders a bit more money as we now have another 3rd. 

we could walk out with a cb, WR, de and DT we all talked about. all the dt's like Williams, Jenkins,Hankins are all there. Carradine, okafor, hunt still there...bailey, Patton, Rogers, etc still there...sstill lots of talent to choose from and bb just strengthened his position big time in the swettest places in this draft. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think,so. We all said the strength of this draft is in rounds 2-3. we now have 4 picks there plus an early 4th. Right in the sweet spot.

retrospectively, I,wished we offered sanders a bit more money as we now have another 3rd. 

we could walk out with a cb, WR, de and DT we all talked about. all the dt's like Williams, Jenkins,Hankins are all there. Carradine, okafor, hunt still there...bailey, Patton, Rogers, etc still there...sstill lots of talent to choose from and bb just strengthened his position big time in the swettest places in this draft. 

Potentially yes but we could also see a 09' situation where we thought the same thing and had the talent gone before we picked again. It's a great area to get players but as with 09' I'd rather have Matthews over the plethera of picks they got

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bloomberg TV this morning reported statistical analyses showing that the best place to draft, from a value perspective, is the 2nd round.

According to their report, 2 picks in the second round is better than 1 pick in the first round.

im on the same train

That's the problem right there. Sometimes value isn't enough and talent is needed. You need a healthy balance of both imo and right now the Pats have plenty of value but not enough talent also where are they judging those  2nd round picks? The Pats currenly have 2 late 2nd round picks which decreases the value as the level of talent does shift slighly compared to early 2nd rounders

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

List of prospects who could go in the second

QB: Barkley, Nassib, Smith, maybe Glennon

NT: S Williams, J Williams, J Jenkins

DT: Short

DE: Hunt, Moore, Okafor, Carradine

CB: Taylor, Rhodes, Banks, Slay

S: Cyprien

LB: Minter, Teo, Alonso

WR: Allen, Woods, Hunter, Williams, Wheaton

TE: Ertz

OG: Warford, Winters

OT: Menelik

C: Jones, Shwenke

RB: Lacy

I think there's still plenty there that other teams will want. Pats will get the ones they want.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

im on the same train

That's the problem right there. Sometimes value isn't enough and talent is needed. You need a healthy balance of both imo and right now the Pats have plenty of value but not enough talent also where are they judging those  2nd round picks? The Pats currenly have 2 late 2nd round picks which decreases the value as the level of talent does shift slighly compared to early 2nd rounders

Lets be careful about casting it as an either or proposition when it comes to discussing talent vs value. You can have both and in this years draft it is especially true.

With the ammo they now have, they can either be passive and let the player they want fall to them or trade up in the 2nd like they did in 2011 with Gronk to get someone they really like.

Surprisingly, Im not disappointed about missing out on any player in round one with the possible exception of Shariff Floyd.

Here are some guys Im really passionate about:

Keenan Allen WR

Cornelius Washington DE

Wreh Wilson CB

Jamar Taylor CB

Tank Carradine DE

Sander Commings CB

Geno Smith QB

Matt Barkley QB

Jesse Williams DT

Justin Hunter WR

Robert Woods WR

Eddie Lacy RB

Jonathan Franklin RB

Montee Ball RB

Gio Bernard RB

Arthur Brown LB

Kawann Short DT

Margus Hunt DE

Darick Rogers WR

Jonathan Cyprien S

Terrance Williams WR

Markus Wheaton WR

Leon Mcfadden CB

Johnthan Banks CB

Jonathan Hankins DT

John Jenkins DT

Corey Lemonier DE

Larry Warford OG

Terron Armstead OT

Menelik Watson OT

Marcus Lattimore RB

I just listed more than 25 prospects many of whom at one point carried a first round grade and most of whom I think are better prospects than a lot of the guys who went in the first. Do not fear, this is not 2009, there is great talent to be found all the way through the third round. We have a chance of leaving tomorrow with 4 starting quality players and that excites me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Not sure how he knows this but Tom E Curran reporting that the 3 names that most interested the Pats were DT Sheldon Richardson, WR Justin Hunter and WR Robert woods.With Richardson gone, Would make me very happy if they found a way to get both WR's.

Sections
Shortcuts