***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

am i wrong, or is it possible no one has commented on this on the draft thread today?

i mean come on. its a big change and it also affects draft perspetive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

by the way, has no one mentioned,

do we really think bb, given his proclivity/addiction, with only 3 picks and a 7th, do we really think bb is not going to trade back and get as many picks as he can.

or is his new, 'go for broke' attitude extend to the draft - my hope.

how many brady years does he have left.. maybe hes finally getting it and getting past his habits and stubbornes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

hey Bred - for me this doesn't effect the draft at all. What I do think this affects is FA though. Let me explain this one if I can.

Given that BB has basically rebuilt every position but the secondary (and lord knows he tried) I don't think he needs the extra picks but he needs talent (see last year trading up twice). He's now seeing Brady's window closing and is in the win now mentality. As such I'm still looking at him spending those first 3 picks like he did last year even moving up if the right player was there. However that 4th round pick I always saw as BB's pick that he take risks on. Usually from players that have fallen due to a number of reason. Talib would be a player that ultimately would fall into that catagory except he's a 1 year rental that's ready to play today, so not a huge change.

When I said this would ultimately affect the FA more is that with such a limited amount of picks they need to sure up other areas using FA. Obviously given players on the roster for 13' they need a WR (Welker not part of the 13' roster right now), a G/C, T (I think this is Vollmers last year on his rook deal), another pass rusher on the DL, a S (this might be more a depth move if McCourty moves to FS and Wilson/Ebner replace Chung), and at least 1 if not 2 CB's. Now with the 3 draft picks you might get 2 or if the 3rd pick is used on a depth high upside guy 3 positions that could potentially be filled. That still leaves 2-4 spots open. However, the good thing is the vast majority of contributing players are signed through next season and there seems to be a fair amount of cap space. Given that and the increase in cap coming the following years I could easily see BB spending extra money on starting caliber players. Maybe not elite pro-bowlers but at least starters better then what we currently have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wanna see tape (if anybody has some, please give me the link) on Jenkins before I make judgement... kid's highly rated, but I really love what I've seen from Jordan.

[/QUOTE]

on DTs, i like quick and explosive

excuse me for dreaming but to me star is head and shoulders above everyone else. he's not going to fall to where the pats will pick, but that is my type of dt. big, strong, explosive quick and has a nasty streak. 

jenkins is good but a tad slow for me my taste. he'll be the 2nd dt pick up -- a top 15 i believe, maybe a top 10. i'd like him better if he went down to 340 and got quicker.

hankins, not my type. i just did not see anything that he really did well. 

short is another dt i like. not as big (315 maybe) but quick and strong. he did well against nd, i thought. on my notes i wrote about a sack he made with under 14 in the 1st Q. i believe that was the game where i also saw him pursue the qb running to the far sideline and almost got to him. if the pats wanted to go 34, i thought he'd be perfect next to vw.

i have not watched my alabama recordings so can't say anything yet about their big boys.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Star Lotulele is a beast. I'm assuming he'll be gone in the top 5 to 10 picks. I'd be happy if they drafted Jenkins or Jesse Williams if DT is the route  they go

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I don't think I really care if they go DE or DT. Either position could use an upgrade so it depends who is available when they pick. Ninkovich has looked good and we haven't seen what Bequette can do. Love is decent but it'd be nice to get more push from that area and I'm guessing Brace will be gone next year. From a depth stand point based on the current roster, I'd say we need DT more but if they landed either Werner, Jordan, Jenkins, Williams I'd be really happy. I don't want any LSU d-lineman. They're solid but nothing really stands out to me about any of them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Speaking of LSU, they have Alabama to play tonight. Should be good but I see Alabama winning by atleast 2 td's.

Also I have a feeling Kansas St is going to lose tonight as funny as that may sound. Maybe its just me dreaming cuz I'd like to see Alabama vs ND

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Is MB ok after the ND game? What a nail biter!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was def sweatin that one out... glad they were able to close it out with a W.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was def sweatin that one out... glad they were able to close that one out with a W.

[/QUOTE]

I thought I was gonna break the tv when Wood fumbled it haha I'm glad they got the win. If they're going to lose I'd rather see it against a really good team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was def sweatin that one out... glad they were able to close that one out with a W.

[/QUOTE]

I thought I was gonna break the tv when Wood fumbled it haha I'm glad they got the win. If they're going to lose I'd rather see it against a really good team.

[/QUOTE]

You and me both, ha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what really good team do they play this year? usc? hardly. oregon couldve scored a hundred. they lost interest after 35 or so. woke up and scored another 25.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was def sweatin that one out... glad they were able to close it out with a W.

[/QUOTE]

talk about luck of the irish. several times this season.

the top 4 as i see it at the moment are alabama, lsu, oregon and k state.

computers wont drop nd. and older voters wont either voting on their memories. 

the rest of the voters we'll see.

nd should be closer to 10 than 1 in my mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Speaking of LSU, they have Alabama to play tonight. Should be good but I see Alabama winning by atleast 2 td's.

Also I have a feeling Kansas St is going to lose tonight as funny as that may sound. Maybe its just me dreaming cuz I'd like to see Alabama vs ND

[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt mind that. but i dont think nd is the 2nd best team in ctry

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think I really care if they go DE or DT. Either position could use an upgrade so it depends who is available when they pick. Ninkovich has looked good and we haven't seen what Bequette can do. Love is decent but it'd be nice to get more push from that area and I'm guessing Brace will be gone next year. From a depth stand point based on the current roster, I'd say we need DT more but if they landed either Werner, Jordan, Jenkins, Williams I'd be really happy. I don't want any LSU d-lineman. They're solid but nothing really stands out to me about any of them

[/QUOTE]

good stuff

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

who else is going to go into death valley today and win?

in my mind, at teh moment, i have alabama 1, oregon 2, k state 3, lsu 4, 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

talk about luck of the irish. several times this season.

the top 4 as i see it at the moment are alabama, lsu, oregon and k state.

computers wont drop nd. and older voters wont either voting on their memories. 

the rest of the voters we'll see.

nd should be closer to 10 than 1 in my mind.

[/QUOTE]

You can hate on ND all you want, bottom line is they're 9-0 and still have a shot at playing for the NC... that's all I really care about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So it's pretty well known that I love Dion Jordan, but I think BB/NC would have a really tough time passing on Bama DT Jesse Williamsat the bottom of Rd 1.  This is the kind of strong, stout, rugged space clogger that BB loves... kid can eat a double, split a double, stack & shed, moves well laterally and gives a great effort in pursuit.  This would give them an excellent (3) man rotation with Vince and Love.

I was switching back and forth between the Oregon/SC & Bama/LSU games so I could watch Jordan/Williams, etc... but Jordan had to leave the game with an injury, so that made the decision of which game to watch pretty easy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

As for Brady's window closing, in this week's Patriots All Access, Scott Zolak was interviewing Brady and Zo mentioned him playing six more years and Tom said, "six? you're selling me short!"

Here's the link. The interview starts at 21:45.
    http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/all-access.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

While searching for animated gifs yesterday, I came across this hilarious blog entry regarding the 2012 draft. Here's a sample,

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

16. New York Jets - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

21. New England Patriots - Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse

25. New England Patriots - Dont'a Hightower, DE/ILB/OLB, Alabama

Haha! http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52641

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who else is going to go into death valley today and win?

in my mind, at teh moment, i have alabama 1, oregon 2, k state 3, lsu 4, 

[/QUOTE]

I like Alabama and Kansas St. at 1 and 2 right now. If ND has to move back I don't think it should be past #4 but I like them at 3. I like Oregon at 4 and they have 2 good games to finish the season to really show where they belong (Oregon St/ Stanford). Kansas St is a team that I think is too low but they keep proving me wrong every week

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

So it's pretty well known that I love Dion Jordan, but I think BB/NC would have a really tough time passing on Bama DT Jesse Williamsat the bottom of Rd 1.  This is the kind of strong, stout, rugged space clogger that BB loves... kid can eat a double, split a double, stack & shed, moves well laterally and gives a great effort in pursuit.  This would give them an excellent (3) man rotation with Vince and Love.

I was switching back and forth between the Oregon/SC & Bama/LSU games so I could watch Jordan/Williams, etc... but Jordan had to leave the game with an injury, so that made the decision of which game to watch pretty easy.

[/QUOTE]

Another good thing about Williams is I think he can play DE in the 3-4. His versatillity is a big plus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While searching for animated gifs yesterday, I came across this hilarious blog entry regarding the 2012 draft. Here's a sample,

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha They do the first 2 rounds of the draft. Weeden's was funny, Tavon Wilson's not so much

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was fantastic!!!! It was a good start or my morning. Thank you for posting that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

16. New York Jets - Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

21. New England Patriots - Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse

25. New England Patriots - Dont'a Hightower, DE/ILB/OLB, Alabama

Haha! http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52641

[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's awesome... the Bruce Irvin gif was my favorite.

Sections
Shortcuts