***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Really three from rutgers cmon. Enough already

Should tell you BB hates the draft this year and just wants to give props to Rutgers  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

well, i know what school i'm scouting 1st for the 2014 draft.

Haha, exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

SEems like a pretty darn good value at this point though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Rutger should change their name to the Scarlet Patriots. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Wow Kiper and McShay love this kid. Best tackling ILB in the draft according to them

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Schiano didn't pick any Rutgers players for TB, but BB took 3 for the Pats.   Hmm.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Wow I didn't know you could pay off your kids education by giving fellow alums jobs after they graduate.. BB has drafted or invited every possible former Scarlett Knight too play for the Patriots! Where's the Rice kid or is Kenny Britt availible?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

2 new LBs in camp.  I doubt they keep Spikes around when his contract is up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Wow Kiper and McShay love this kid. Best tackling ILB in the draft according to them

First Kiper and McShay love him (strike 1 and 2) then the best tackling ILB yet goes in the 7th (strike 3). Urg, he'll be on PS this year but atleast he'll compete with Tarp, Fletcher, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Collins for the ILB/OLB position....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Steve had the 2nd best shuttle time among linebackers, third best three cone, 8th best vertical, 10th best long jump, ran a 4.67 forty at the Rutgers pro day, 19 bench reps... led Rutgers in tackles for a loss, 2nd on the team in overall tackles.  Never missed a game as a three year starter.  I think he'll become a special teams ace type, not every down starter type...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

If he's a special teams ace type for a rd 7 pick I'm fine with that

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I think Indy should trade back.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

If he's a special teams ace type for a rd 7 pick I'm fine with that

to many ST ace's on the team already. I'd prefer someone who can develop into a consistent role player, but for the 2nd pick in the 7th can't expect much. Think I'd rather look at a DT, OL, or another WR for camp competition

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I distinctly remember from one of the NFL films productions BB complaining about having guys who "just didn't get it"...maybe he thinks these Rutgers kids do.

I hope not, lol. I love Francis but he's not a full time starter (still love having him on the team). They draft McCourty to be the LCB and had to move him to FS (love him as FS). Some say Ryan migt have to move to S as it might be closer to his nature position. If he uses his connection to get Francis role players in UDFA or late round guys great but if he's using it on high picks he better be sure they have the talent

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Lol @ Da'Rick going undrafted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I certainly like the Rutgers LB better than the safety.  I think he was a solid pick for where they took him. 

Interesting draft, a bit surprising but not really.  We took 2 LBs, 2 DBs, 1 DE, and 2 WRs.  No big bodies on either side of the ball.  I wasn't too surprised we didn't draft DT but I thought we might add an interior OL type.  Taking the 2 WRs were a no brainer and I like that we got some edge guys with size and speed.  But let's talk about the D side of the ball. 

Second draft in a row that we went heavy on defense.  Last year we drafted 1 LB, 3 DBs, 2 DEs and 1 WR.  So two years in a row focusing on the exact same 4 positions!!  Guess that tells us BB still isn't happy with those groups. 

Man, I can't believe all the DBs we've picked and blown through since Asante Samuel left.

2008:  Wheatley (2nd), Wilhite (4th)

2009:  Chung (2nd), Butler (2nd)

2010:  McCourty (1st)

2011:  Dowling (2nd), Williams (7th)

2012:  Wilson (2nd), Ebner (6th), Dennard (7th)

2013: Ryan (3rd), Harmon (3rd)

That's 12 DBs in a 6 year span!!  The sad thing is many of these picks never should of happened.  Wheatley and Dowling were well known to be injury prone.  Wilson and Ryan were drafted way ahead of where they were rated and one or both could have been had as UDFAs. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

I certainly like the Rutgers LB better than the safety.  I think he was a solid pick for where they took him. 

Interesting draft, a bit surprising but not really.  We took 2 LBs, 2 DBs, 1 DE, and 2 WRs.  No big bodies on either side of the ball.  I wasn't too surprised we didn't draft DT but I thought we might add an interior OL type.  Taking the 2 WRs were a no brainer and I like that we got some edge guys with size and speed.  But let's talk about the D side of the ball. 

Second draft in a row that we went heavy on defense.  Last year we drafted 1 LB, 3 DBs, 2 DEs and 1 WR.  So two years in a row focusing on the exact same 4 positions!!  Guess that tells us BB still isn't happy with those groups. 

Man, I can't believe all the DBs we've picked and blown through since Asante Samuel left.

2008:  Wheatley (2nd), Wilhite (4th)

2009:  Chung (2nd), Butler (2nd)

2010:  McCourty (1st)

2011:  Dowling (2nd), Williams (7th)

2012:  Wilson (2nd), Ebner (6th), Dennard (7th)

2013: Ryan (3rd), Harmon (3rd)

That's 12 DBs in a 6 year span!!  The sad thing is many of these picks never should of happened.  Wheatley and Dowling were well known to be injury prone.  Wilson and Ryan were drafted way ahead of where they were rated and one or both could have been had as UDFAs. 

If it makes you feel better I didn't think we needed an OL but we needed a DT so neither of us was right lol

Oh BB signed a Rutgers CB in UDFA (Brandon Jones) so currently we have 4 Rutgers secondary members, 1 LB, and 1 DL. We are quickly turning into Rutgers North. I have to wonder though why their former coach didn't target any of them in the draft

Sections
Shortcuts