***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So it's pretty well known that I love Dion Jordan, but I think BB/NC would have a really tough time passing on Bama DT Jesse Williamsat the bottom of Rd 1.  This is the kind of strong, stout, rugged space clogger that BB loves... kid can eat a double, split a double, stack & shed, moves well laterally and gives a great effort in pursuit.  This would give them an excellent (3) man rotation with Vince and Love.

I was switching back and forth between the Oregon/SC & Bama/LSU games so I could watch Jordan/Williams, etc... but Jordan had to leave the game with an injury, so that made the decision of which game to watch pretty easy.

[/QUOTE]

Another good thing about Williams is I think he can play DE in the 3-4. His versatillity is a big plus

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't have that ideal length, but could play that role, yes... though I think he'll make his money in the middle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is MB ok after the ND game? What a nail biter!

[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was def sweatin that one out... glad they were able to close it out with a W.

[/QUOTE]

talk about luck of the irish. several times this season.

the top 4 as i see it at the moment are alabama, lsu, oregon and k state.

computers wont drop nd. and older voters wont either voting on their memories. 

the rest of the voters we'll see.

nd should be closer to 10 than 1 in my mind.

[/QUOTE]

You can hate on ND all you want, bottom line is they're 9-0 and still have a shot at playing for the NC... that's all I really care about.

[/QUOTE]

actaully mb, i was starting to give notre dame props last week if you noticed. 

i dont root for notre dame but give credit where credit is due. see last week. i do get peeved when teams are overranked and teams that i believe are better dont have legit shot at nc.

of course if i were an nd fan id be ecstatic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

mbeaulieu07 i really don't think they would choose ND over Oregon, kansas State, or Georgia to play bama just because ND is not in a big conference.  The NCAA has been trying to get them to join a conference for years and i could for sure see them snub them for that reason alone. Every year they hate seeing ND getting to sit at the NCAA meeting with the representatives of each conference as the only sole team representative.

The Pitt game being that it was so close and that pitt isn't in the top 25 could give them another reason.  yes i understand they had a pretty tough schedule but the fact that there is no SEC teams they have played so far and the fact that Oklahoma is the best team they have faced so far will really hurt their case. 

Also the fact that it also took OT to beat standford #17 ranked doesn't help either.  The recent bowl history isn't very good either and the psponsors want close games not a massacre. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

mbeaulieu07 i really don't think they would choose ND over Oregon, kansas State, or Georgia to play bama just because ND is not in a big conference.  The NCAA has been trying to get them to join a conference for years and i could for sure see them snub them for that reason alone. Every year they hate seeing ND getting to sit at the NCAA meeting with the representatives of each conference as the only sole team representative.

The Pitt game being that it was so close and that pitt isn't in the top 25 could give them another reason.  yes i understand they had a pretty tough schedule but the fact that there is no SEC teams they have played so far and the fact that Oklahoma is the best team they have faced so far will really hurt their case. 

Also the fact that it also took OT to beat standford #17 ranked doesn't help either.  The recent bowl history isn't very good either and the psponsors want close games not a massacre. 

[/QUOTE]

This might be true but the NCAA is all about the money and ND has one of the largest followings across the country. If ND were to make the championship it would be an atm for that day

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This might be true but the NCAA is all about the money and ND has one of the largest followings across the country. If ND were to make the championship it would be an atm for that day

[/QUOTE]

OSU has one of the largest followings and the NCAA still banned them from the post season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

RE: ND... they have as much pull as anyone in the country, a national following and their own television contract (w/NBC)... their independent status will not hurt them when it comes to the BCS (As PE mentioned, bowls are all about $ and having ND there will guarantee plenty of it)... what might hurt them though is style points, which Oregon/KSU have more of. 

Also, the thought that ND shouldn't be ranked as high because they don't have an SEC team on their schedule is ridiculous... their schedule is one of the tougher in the country... not to mention I don't see an SEC team on either Oregon or KSU's schedule.

I have no idea how things will play out, but if ND is 12-0 when all is said in done, they'll be in the discussion for the BCS Championship game and at the very least will play in a BCS bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to natesubs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OSU has one of the largest followings and the NCAA still banned them from the post season

[/QUOTE]

They were punished for NCAA violations, not the same argument.  If they were bowl eligible, they'd be right in the BCS discussion too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

RE: ND... they have as much pull as anyone in the country, a national following and their own television contract (w/NBC)... their independent status will not hurt them when it comes to the BCS (As PE mentioned, bowls are all about $ and having ND there will guarantee plenty of it)... what might hurt them though is style points, which Oregon/KSU have more of. 

Also, the thought that ND shouldn't be ranked as high because they don't have an SEC team on their schedule is ridiculous... their schedule is one of the tougher in the country... not to mention I don't see an SEC team on either Oregon or KSU's schedule.

I have no idea how things will play out, but if ND is 12-0 when all is said in done, they'll be in the discussion for the BCS Championship game and at the very least will play in a BCS bowl.

[/QUOTE]

the thing is K-state and Oregon are beating the teams they do play by consistently 30 points. ND's are much closer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They were punished for NCAA violations, not the same argument.  If they were bowl eligible, they'd be right in the BCS discussion too.

[/QUOTE]

That arguement is that sometimes the NCAA doesn't care about the money lost in order to prove its point or further its agenda. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That arguement is that sometimes the NCAA doesn't care about the money lost in order to prove its point or further its agenda. 

[/QUOTE]

The NCAA doesn't hand pick BCS Bowl/BCS NC participants, those are decided by contractual league tie-ins (BCS Bowls), though there are a few AQ/Non-AQ caveats, and/or the overall BCS rankings (decided by multiple factors/polls that decides who plays in the NC game), so any assumed NCAA agenda is irrelevant in this case. 

As far as ND is concerned, they qualify automatically for a BCS bowl if they finish in the Top 8 in the final BCS standings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

given the way things are, id like to see alabama vs k state for the nc

and nd play oregon for 3rd

who do i think deserves (ie is in the top 4, # losses or not) is lsu.

k state - alabama and lsu - oregon id love to see in a 4 team playoff.

georgia, fl, fl state and nd may be ranked higher than lsu, but if a neutral observer watched all the games, i think they woudl see lsu is bettter than those teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok I have started to comply my wish list for the 2013 draft. Now assuming that the Pats are in the last 4 spots on the draft here's what I have complied:

1st - Jonathan Jenkins DT/NT 6'3" 360lbs - We might have to trade a pick next year to move up to early-late 20's to get him but it would be well worth it imo. He would add a presence in the interior similar to Wilforks. Having his size, explosiveness and ability to disrupt plays behind the line next to Wilfrok would make them the most dangerous DT combo in all of football. That should free up the LB for blitzes up the middle as well as Jones on the edge. Not only would no one be able to run against them but no QB would be safe in the pocket or to one entire side of the field forcing QB's to flush and have to throw across their bodies. Something I would love to see with this opertunistic D.

Alternative  - Terrance Williams WR 6'3" 205lbs - Some might question this and say that BB will never spend high on a WR but I think this kid is special. Unless Edelman suddenly turns into Welker they are going to need some young talent at WR and Williams could be that man. He plays in all three levels both inside and outside the numbers without deceptive speed and quick CoD. He knows when not to get hit but can fight for the extra yards if needed. This is a kid no team will want to miss out on a year after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if Was tries to move up and grab him to reunite with Griffin

2nd - Travis Frederick G/C 6'4" 340lbs - This kid killed as a road grader last year. He is big and nasty and throws big lineman around like rag dolls. The only issue is he's not as mobil as BB likes in his OL. Still though if he remained at G I think he'd be a late 1st early 2nd pick. However, because on a lack of C's in Wis he was mvoed inside. A position where his lack of mobility has hurt him greatly. IMO is he is moved to a RG position where mobility isn't a huge concern he could be one of the better run blocking G's in the game. Well worth spending a 2nd on a nasty RG, esp with Ridley showing top RB talent

Alternative - Margus Hunt DE 6'8" 280lbs - This kid started of weak but has since turned it on. He is strong at POA and against the run while showing flashes of advanced pass rushing moves. He's NFL ready sized and he might shut up NFL draft boards quickly but playing in a weaker school is going to hurt him. Still though this kid might actually become an option in the back of the 1st come draft day to bookend Jones and have one of the deadlier pass rushing duo's in the game, btw who both are strong against the run. Talk about drool inducing

3rd - William Gholston DE 6'7" 280lbs - Much like Hunt this kid is oozing talent but is more raw then Hunt. Though, a better run blocker and has better instincts to smell out screens he is much more raw in pass rushing. Think of him as a bigger more athletic version of Nink at this point but with a much larger upside. He might take a year to develop but this kid has a chance to be something special and to get him late in the 3rd would be a steal, but thanks to a ton of talented DE's this year it is possible. If Jenkins is taken in the first and Hunt is passed on in the 2nd this is an easy pick for me

Alternative - Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'6" 350lbs - If you don't take Jenkins early then you take his backup in the 3rd. Very similar player and would be a starting player for almost any team that Jenkins isn't on. obviously he's not as talented as Jenkins but in the 3rd he's an upgrade to Love and to Cunningham as an interior presence. Well worth taking a look at

1st 7th - Tyrann Mathieu CB 5'9" 175lbs - This kid would be an idiot to come out this year but he hasn't exactly been smart so far. With all his issues even with 1st round talent I expect him to take a Dennard type of fall to the 7th. If he's there in the 6th I might look to package both 7th's to get him but if available with the 1st 7th there is no shot I let him get by.

2nd 7th - Andre Debose WR 5'11" 190lbs - Not sure what happened with him. Last year he got the best of both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, this year he's lost his spot. Obviously though the talent is there but I'd love to hear why he's fallen on the depth chart. Maybe it's just as simple as Fl wanting to bring up their young QB with the new WR's he's going to be playing with for the next 3 years. Either way Debose could be a huge steal. He has Wallace type of upside with his speed and ability to make CB's get turned around with double moves. He's a true outside threat just as long as he doesn't have to work the middle of the field and grind out yards

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

given the way things are, id like to see alabama vs k state for the nc

and nd play oregon for 3rd

who do i think deserves (ie is in the top 4, # losses or not) is lsu.

k state - alabama and lsu - oregon id love to see in a 4 team playoff.

georgia, fl, fl state and nd may be ranked higher than lsu, but if a neutral observer watched all the games, i think they woudl see lsu is bettter than those teams.

[/QUOTE]

well they have lsu at 7 today 

record aside, i think they are better than fl, ga and nd. 

probably beat k state and maybe oregon. but id give them at least #4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Afternoon boys... following Nate and PE, below is my Mock V1:

Rd 1: DT Jesse Williams (6-3 320) Alabama- Williams is a big, strong, stout, rugged and physical banger in the middle that would join the DT rotation early on.  Kid is still relatively new to the game and continues to develop… he’s also proven in the SEC.

Other Options:  DE/OLB Dion Jordan (6-6 250) Oregon/ OG Chance Warmack (6-2 322) Alabama / OL Barrett Jones (6-4 305) Alabama

Rd 2: S Matt Elam (5-10 210) Florida- Kid is an intense, physical defensive back in the mold of Rodney Harrison in that if it’s moving, he hits it.  This kid is versatile (box/deep/slot/CB), ultra competitive and also plays ST… he’s another proven SEC player that would be able to contribute early.  Kid is also a quick riser with Top 50, possibly Rd 1 upside.

Other Options:  CB Jordan Poyer (5-11 192) Oregon State/ S Robert Lester (6-2 215) Alabama / DE/LB Ziggy Ansah (6-6 270) BYU

Rd 3: CB Terry Hawthorne (6-0 190) Illinois- Rangy, athletic kid that moves well, gives an excellent effort, is versatile and is not afraid to fill vs. the run.  I’m sure BB/NC are familiar with him, having scouted Tavon extensively.

Other Options:  S Zeke Motta (6-2 215) ND /ILB Shayne Skov (6-3 242) Stanford / DL Abry Jones (6-3 308) Georgia

Rd 7:  DE Kapron Lewis-Moore (6-4 306) ND- Continuing to add depth to the front 7, Lewis-Moore is a big, battle tested DL with a lot of experience as a 34 DE.  He’s also a team captain and solid leader.

Other Options:  OG Blaize Foltz (6-4 310) TCU

Rd 7: WR TJ Moe (5-11 200) Missouri- The search for WW’s eventual successor continues.

Other Options:  WR Chad Bumphis (5-11 200) Miss State

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok I have started to comply my wish list for the 2013 draft. Now assuming that the Pats are in the last 4 spots on the draft here's what I have complied:

1st - Jonathan Jenkins DT/NT 6'3" 360lbs - We might have to trade a pick next year to move up to early-late 20's to get him but it would be well worth it imo. He would add a presence in the interior similar to Wilforks. Having his size, explosiveness and ability to disrupt plays behind the line next to Wilfrok would make them the most dangerous DT combo in all of football. That should free up the LB for blitzes up the middle as well as Jones on the edge. Not only would no one be able to run against them but no QB would be safe in the pocket or to one entire side of the field forcing QB's to flush and have to throw across their bodies. Something I would love to see with this opertunistic D.

Alternative  - Terrance Williams WR 6'3" 205lbs - Some might question this and say that BB will never spend high on a WR but I think this kid is special. Unless Edelman suddenly turns into Welker they are going to need some young talent at WR and Williams could be that man. He plays in all three levels both inside and outside the numbers without deceptive speed and quick CoD. He knows when not to get hit but can fight for the extra yards if needed. This is a kid no team will want to miss out on a year after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if Was tries to move up and grab him to reunite with Griffin

2nd - Travis Frederick G/C 6'4" 340lbs - This kid killed as a road grader last year. He is big and nasty and throws big lineman around like rag dolls. The only issue is he's not as mobil as BB likes in his OL. Still though if he remained at G I think he'd be a late 1st early 2nd pick. However, because on a lack of C's in Wis he was mvoed inside. A position where his lack of mobility has hurt him greatly. IMO is he is moved to a RG position where mobility isn't a huge concern he could be one of the better run blocking G's in the game. Well worth spending a 2nd on a nasty RG, esp with Ridley showing top RB talent

Alternative - Margus Hunt DE 6'8" 280lbs - This kid started of weak but has since turned it on. He is strong at POA and against the run while showing flashes of advanced pass rushing moves. He's NFL ready sized and he might shut up NFL draft boards quickly but playing in a weaker school is going to hurt him. Still though this kid might actually become an option in the back of the 1st come draft day to bookend Jones and have one of the deadlier pass rushing duo's in the game, btw who both are strong against the run. Talk about drool inducing

3rd - William Gholston DE 6'7" 280lbs - Much like Hunt this kid is oozing talent but is more raw then Hunt. Though, a better run blocker and has better instincts to smell out screens he is much more raw in pass rushing. Think of him as a bigger more athletic version of Nink at this point but with a much larger upside. He might take a year to develop but this kid has a chance to be something special and to get him late in the 3rd would be a steal, but thanks to a ton of talented DE's this year it is possible. If Jenkins is taken in the first and Hunt is passed on in the 2nd this is an easy pick for me

Alternative - Kwame Geathers DT/NT 6'6" 350lbs - If you don't take Jenkins early then you take his backup in the 3rd. Very similar player and would be a starting player for almost any team that Jenkins isn't on. obviously he's not as talented as Jenkins but in the 3rd he's an upgrade to Love and to Cunningham as an interior presence. Well worth taking a look at

1st 7th - Tyrann Mathieu CB 5'9" 175lbs - This kid would be an idiot to come out this year but he hasn't exactly been smart so far. With all his issues even with 1st round talent I expect him to take a Dennard type of fall to the 7th. If he's there in the 6th I might look to package both 7th's to get him but if available with the 1st 7th there is no shot I let him get by.

2nd 7th - Andre Debose WR 5'11" 190lbs - Not sure what happened with him. Last year he got the best of both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, this year he's lost his spot. Obviously though the talent is there but I'd love to hear why he's fallen on the depth chart. Maybe it's just as simple as Fl wanting to bring up their young QB with the new WR's he's going to be playing with for the next 3 years. Either way Debose could be a huge steal. He has Wallace type of upside with his speed and ability to make CB's get turned around with double moves. He's a true outside threat just as long as he doesn't have to work the middle of the field and grind out yards

[/QUOTE]

comments inline with post.

interesting. if he could be a ngata it would be huge. i talked recently about favoring moving picks into this year from next for this kind of move adn asked who would be willing to do this. no one replied. the one thing about this idea is mocks such as walter football have him going higher (15) as the best defensive player in the draft (woops they just moved him up to 12). at this moment i dont count him within reach short of something extra-ordinary. given this, nate's streategy or mbs (de jordan) seem more possible.

also interesting, i suggested this consideration last week and asked if any here would consider this ie near end of rd 1 .  no replies.

fits one of my stated draft desires a g/c. if vollmer holds up and we plan to keep him (and the # of picks we have, g/c may be the choice over both a g/c and a g/t.

you suggest him as your rd 2 backup pick but say he may be end of rd 1. is he a 3rd option rd 1 pick then?

mathieu is an interesting case. hes been taking measures to finish the year at lsu on his own dime with the hopes of returning to the team next year. now hes busted on the same issue again! lsu has publicly said they gave him numerous chances to change, but he didnt. and now a new bust.  i dont know where he could play next year in college football with the big boys.

if he goes into the draft, most teams might stay away. his problems seem much more recurrent than hern's were, but hes a phenomenal talent in so many aspects of the game. therefore, i do not see him making it to the 7th rd. but if he did.......

now bb on the other hand is in the process of making his def backfield bigger. this would be a huge change of direction. another reason it might not happen. but again, he is such a talent size and all.

2nd 7th - Andre Debose WR 5'11" 190lbs - Not sure what happened with him. Last year he got the best of both Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, this year he's lost his spot. Obviously though the talent is there but I'd love to hear why he's fallen on the depth chart. Maybe it's just as simple as Fl wanting to bring up their young QB with the new WR's he's going to be playing with for the next 3 years. Either way Debose could be a huge steal. He has Wallace type of upside with his speed and ability to make CB's get turned around with double moves. He's a true outside threat just as long as he doesn't have to work the middle of the field and grind out yards.

very nice post.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ps jordan is shooting up already (take note mb).

walter has him going at 19 to lions as bpa and letting vanden bosch go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My new top choices in the draft (now remember these are players I think the Pats have a shot at not ranked within position or even position in the draft):

#1 Jonathan Jenkins DT/NT - He's been on my list for a long time and will remain here until he shots up to a top 15 pick. This kid is Wilfork of the college ranks. All he does is cause havok trying to block him and don't even bother trying to run it within arm reach of him. He's got great explosion and very strong at POA. The most amazing thing to me is his on-field speed. On game day I've seen him chase a RB down similar to Wilfork so don't let the 5.5's 40 fool you. This kid has the makings of an all-pro imo

#2 Matt Elam S - This kid is going to be shotting up draft boards very soon and he'd be stupid not to come out this year, after his performance so far. This kid looks like the real deal at FS. He's a heavy hitter that's stout in the running game as well as being able to blitz. The more impressive thing is he looks perfectly naturally dropping back into a deep zone into coverage and does an excellent job reading routes. He's a very Pats type of S, hard hitting, stout against the run, and can cover.

#3 Terrance Williams WR - Everyone thought his stats would be hurt without RGIII but this kid has only gotten better. It would not shock me at all if he ends up in a top 15 discussion or even as the #1 WR off the board. Then again he could also have 3 very talented WR's in front of him and could end up in the back of the 1st. It's tough to pin him to a place in the draft yet. All I know is this kid has great body control, good hands, and isn't afraid to work on any part of the field. He also is good after the catch but knows when to get down. The more impressive thing is his long stride. For a WR his size he's very graceful and can catch CB's flat footed for an easy pitch and catch downfield. The thing about Williams is he demands double coverage because he can work short, intermediate, long, inside the numbers, or outside the numbers. Sounds like a Pats, just get open, type of WR to me

#4 Kwame Geathers DT/NT - if not for being on the same team as Jenkins this kid would be an instant starter. He's want Brace should have been with good explosion (has a blocked kick) and some good power. Though not the penetrating power on Jenkins, Geathers holds the line well against the run. He'd be a solid option in the mid rounds if they don't go DT/NT early

#5 Daniel McCullers DT/NT - you can't teach size and this kid is 6'8" and a legit 360lbs. Imagine having that size in the middle trying to throw the ball. We wouldn't need to worry about covering a large portion of the box just because the QB wouldn't be able to see. The kid is raw but has a ton of potential. He could be a very good project pick if they decide both brace and Pryor have run their course

Sorry MB but had to remove Williams from my list. He's taken some pretty strong steps backwards this year and I'm wondering if his raw ability is starting to hit his ceiling now that he's a main focus on the DL

[/QUOTE]

Daniel McCullers DT/NT is an interesting prospect, not sure which round he will go in though, some sites have him in the 3rd round others have him as the 7th best DT.  his lateral movement worries me though, that is one of the reasons vince is so good is his speed and lateral ability.

[/QUOTE]

nate jenkins, williams and elam dont look to be near availble from your projections at those picks

williams end 1

jenkins top half of 1

elam mid 2.

and we dont have mid round picks at this moment for 4 and 5. any adjustments?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

still lean toward a pass rushing de, a stud dt, and stud c/g with top 3 picks, with interest in packaging next years picks to move up and be sure to land studs. how many more young guys do we need? need to make a 2-4 year run now. few difference-makers / playmkaers. and hope bb continues to change hsi habits and goes for quality over quantity.

rd 7 is a stab in dark. best soemone who drops for trouble or injury with high upside (no particualr position).

try to extend talib if he looks liek hes working out with a voidable contract.

any secondary players picked up i pefer through fa. bb cant pick em for ........

(hope, ok dream, ebner becomes a good starter next year or year after)

and even conisidering "sure locks" in round 1, id rather have the dominating lineman there over s/cb.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Memo to MB, If Alabama wins out and ND wins out, while this would be a great championship game, if both teams bring their "A" game I expect the Tide to win. Although the game would get huge ratings and that is the big key to TV execs. I personally think that Bama is reaching that THe U (Miami) state where they are becoming the dynastic NCAA football team and the 2012 and  2013 NFL drafts will indicate the Tide's dominance (Jones, Lester, Williams etc..).

BTW Tyran Matheiu in the 7th would be an interesting pick.

Also think that Talib can contribute in the return game, eventually.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Memo to MB, If Alabama wins out and ND wins out, while this would be a great championship game, if both teams bring their "A" game I expect the Tide to win. Although the game would get huge ratings and that is the big key to TV execs. I personally think that Bama is reaching that THe U (Miami) state where they are becoming the dynastic NCAA football team and the 2012 and  2013 NFL drafts will indicate the Tide's dominance (Jones, Lester, Williams etc..).

BTW Tyran Matheiu in the 7th would be an interesting pick.

Also think that Talib can contribute in the return game, eventually.

[/QUOTE]

Would certainly be a measuring stick game for ND... I'd expect a defensive battle.

ND is getting back to developing NFL caliber talent as well (though not to the magnitude of Alabama, yet), particularly high round talent with Floyd/Harrison Smith in 2012, Te'o and maybe Eifert in 2013 and DE Stephon Tuitt NT Louis Nix and LT Zack Martin to follow in the coming years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Theres a lot of excitement here in Columbus about OSU FB. Meyer has brought a huge buzz to town. I'm working right down the road from Campus and thats all thats talked about here on the radio and TV.  Albeit a favorable schedule, they feel that they can hang with the best of them. I guess that the other choices are the Bengals or the Browns lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Theres a lot of excitement here in Columbus about OSU FB. Meyer has brought a huge buzz to town. I'm working right down the road from Campus and thats all thats talked about here on the radio and TV.  Albeit a favorable schedule, they feel that they can hang with the best of them. I guess that the other choices are the Bengals or the Browns lol.

[/QUOTE]

Was already one of the premier CFB markets and bringing in an elite level coach can only add it it for sure... future is def bright for that program.

I'd love to see the Browns get back to being a good team... while NE is my team, I'm a huge fan of the history of the league and the old time teams... I also love their uni's.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was already one of the premier CFB markets and bringing in an elite level coach can only add it it for sure... future is def bright for that program.

I'd love to see the Browns get back to being a good team... while NE is my team, I'm a huge fan of the history of the league and the old time teams... I also love their uni's.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Beaulie! Best draft thread in the biz

what u think of my man Manti Teo? Where he go in draft?

oh and any Heisman shot? (long i know but...)

[/QUOTE]

Hey man, thanks... happy to have a lot of quality posters on the thread... to bring fresh insight, info and ideas.

Manti is an all-timer at ND, no question... passionate leader on the field, also a great kid off the field... special, special player.  He shed a few pounds this off season, made him more quick/agile and he's more of a complete player (better in pass defense) as a result.  Should be off the board in the Top 10-15.

I love that he's in the discussion for the Heisman... it's awesome for recruiting and great for the school/program overall.  I do think he has an uphill battle because he's a defender only, unlike Woodson who was also able to impact in the return game.  Could see him in the Top 3 (assuming ND continues to win and he continues to make plays) when the final votes are counted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

ps jordan is shooting up already (take note mb).

walter has him going at 19 to lions as bpa and letting vanden bosch go.

[/QUOTE]

Not surprising... I was calling him a Rd 1 talent back in August (8th post of the thread) and he's been one of the better players that I've seen on tape... kid has unreal length, versatility and athleticism and I love his aggression/motor.

Sections
Shortcuts