In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the BCS should look like this:

1. Notre Dame

2. Alabama - lost to Texas A+M (#8)

3. Georgia- lost to South Carolina (#9)

4. Florida- lost to Georgia (#5)

5. Oregon- lost to Stanford (#13)

6. Kansas St. -lost to Baylor (not ranked)

[/QUOTE]

wasnt stanfor 18 going into that game?

thanks for weighing in home.

in a poll (if i had a vote)  i would have lsu 1 right now. poll is best team on the field right now.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can make a case for LSU as the #1 team when they lost to the (2) best teams that they've played (Bama/Florida).

[/QUOTE]

mb, a poll of best team in the country is not based on how manuy losses. the sf giants didnt win the most games in teh regualr season, it didnt mean they wer not the best team at the time of teh playoffs. i am all for a playoff. decide it on the field. barring that a better system would be the one the ncaa basketball uses to determine the top 64. the current one perople get votes based on the tradition of their team, politics, and money. siince everyone does not play the same teams nor a playoff, the # of lossees should not determine the best teams for the nc. louisville was undefeated  a minute ago, does that mean if they finsihed that way and nd had 1 loss, that louisville should be in the title game and nd shouldnt?

at the moment i "voted" i saw them as the best team. if they were voted #1, i dont think anyone woudl have a legit complaint unless they played the same teams in the same locations all year and did better. or they beat them in a playoff. if every other level of college and high school football can play a playoff,  ncaacfb can take the corruption and money out of it and have a playoff.

thanks for the college football discussion / debate.

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

so comments about my thoughts of stealing werner and jenkisn in 1, frderiick in rd 3?

if we dont trade 2014 to move up from rd 2, what about dt jenkins in 1 (will require a trade up), ansah or hunt in 2 (may require a trade up) and frederick in 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Brandon Jenkins to enter draft

Brandon Jenkins said the past three months rehabbing a broken foot have provided ample time to think about his future, and Monday he informed Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher he was ready to enter the NFL draft.

The senior defensive end could have accepted a medical redshirt after he suffered a Lisfranc injury in the first quarter of FSU's opening game this season, allowing him to return for 2013. But after turning down an opportunity to enter the draft a year ago, Jenkins decided it's time to test the waters in the NFL.

Jenkins said his foot has healed enough that he's confident he'll be healthy enough to participate in the NFL combine and various individual workouts in advance of the draft.

thoughts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Jenkins to enter draft

Brandon Jenkins said the past three months rehabbing a broken foot have provided ample time to think about his future, and Monday he informed Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher he was ready to enter the NFL draft.

The senior defensive end could have accepted a medical redshirt after he suffered a Lisfranc injury in the first quarter of FSU's opening game this season, allowing him to return for 2013. But after turning down an opportunity to enter the draft a year ago, Jenkins decided it's time to test the waters in the NFL.

Jenkins said his foot has healed enough that he's confident he'll be healthy enough to participate in the NFL combine and various individual workouts in advance of the draft.

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

He hurt it early enough in the season that I don't think it will affect his stock since last year. I was hoping he'd come out last year as a mid 2nd round option and this year I'd place him in the same range, a very good player who will be solid in the pro's but not great. That's just my opinion though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Notre Dame

[/QUOTE]

in a poll (if i had a vote)  i would have lsu 1 right now. poll is best team on the field right now.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you can make a case for LSU as the #1 team when they lost to the (2) best teams that they've played (Bama/Florida).

[/QUOTE]

mb, a poll of best team in the country is not based on how manuy losses. the sf giants didnt win the most games in teh regualr season, it didnt mean they wer not the best team at the time of teh playoffs. i am all for a playoff. decide it on the field. barring that a better system would be the one the ncaa basketball uses to determine the top 64. the current one perople get votes based on the tradition of their team, politics, and money. siince everyone does not play the same teams nor a playoff, the # of lossees should not determine the best teams for the nc. louisville was undefeated  a minute ago, does that mean if they finsihed that way and nd had 1 loss, that louisville should be in the title game and nd shouldnt?

at the moment i "voted" i saw them as the best team. if they were voted #1, i dont think anyone woudl have a legit complaint unless they played the same teams in the same locations all year and did better. or they beat them in a playoff. if every other level of college and high school football can play a playoff,  ncaacfb can take the corruption and money out of it and have a playoff.

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people would have a complaint considering all (60) voters in the AP gave their 1st place vote to ND. 

Not sure how you can dismiss current rankings based on money, politics and corruption then vote maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC as the #1 team in the country. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Jenkins to enter draft

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he'll play in the SB?  He should atleast bet at the combine and will have his pro-day... I think he could work his way back into day 2 with solid performances and confidence from NFL medical staffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wanted to bring a new name into the discussion around edge players.

DE/LB John Simon- (6-2 260) Ohio State

Kid reminds me of of Brooks Reed in terms of size, motor and aggression... his motor really stands out, he's also a physical kid, that makes a lot of plays in the backfield ( 16 sacks, 39 TFL in his career), is well spoken, appears to love the game and would most certainly come at the high recommendation of Urban Meyer and Mike Vrabel. 

Now the kid doesn't have the ideal length (think Ninkovich, Rob) and is a bit of a "tweener", but you could do a lot worse with a day 2 pick. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Another interesting kid day 2 pick from a small college is Quanterus Smith from W Kentucky. 6'5" 250lbs looks like a mid 4.6 - mid 4.7 player on the field and has been tearing it up in the under ranks forcing fumbles and dominating behind the line. At first I thought his game against Ala at the beginning of the season was a fluke but the more I'm looking into the kid the more I like. This kid might be one of my new favorite sleepers. One interesting thing to note is he didn't just boom this year. He's been stadily progressing since he joined the college ranks and seems to take well to coaching. He might be my new binky in the 3rd

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Any of you guys know if the Pats will be receiving  any compensatory picks? I would think bringing in Lloyd would erase one for either Green-Ellis or Anderson and they brought in a lot of FA's this past off-season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

Wanted to bring a new name into the discussion around edge players.

DE/LB John Simon- (6-2 260) Ohio State

Kid reminds me of of Brooks Reed in terms of size, motor and aggression... his motor really stands out, he's also a physical kid, that makes a lot of plays in the backfield ( 16 sacks, 39 TFL in his career), is well spoken, appears to love the game and would most certainly come at the high recommendation of Urban Meyer and Mike Vrabel. 

Now the kid doesn't have the ideal length (think Ninkovich, Rob) and is a bit of a "tweener", but you could do a lot worse with a day 2 pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. I read he was a gym rat as well and always looking to add to his game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Notre Dame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people would have a complaint considering all (60) voters in the AP gave their 1st place vote to ND. 

Not sure how you can dismiss current rankings based on money, politics and corruption then vote maybe the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC as the #1 team in the country. 

[/QUOTE]

lsu is not the 3rd best team in the sec imo (i have them best). you are still looking at rankings/losses. i am discussing who is better on the field. (think nfl power rankings based on 3 of 5 today ie russ francis scale). 

again, see you at the nc and congrats on quite a year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Notre Dame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lsu is not the 3rd best team in the sec imo (i have them best). you are still looking at rankings/losses. i am discussing who is better on the field. (think nfl power rankings based on 3 of 5 today ie russ francis scale). 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, hoping ND can take care of business against SC and get their shot.

You can't throw out losses in head to head matchups when discussing who is better on the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Notre Dame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't throw out losses in head to head matchups when discussing who is better on the field.

[/QUOTE]

what re you referring to in head to head matchups (playing the saem team?) of course i wouldnt throw that out.

heres a discussion not too far akin to what ive been saying (minus the guy trying to compare kansas state loss by 30 points to a non ranked baylor 1-5 in big 12 to gerogias loss to south carolina). pay attention also to the very last sentence.

"round and round" video

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

mb, ddint see you comment on the fortuitiveness of barkley being injured going into this game. thats a HUUGGE break for nd, not that usc defense could stop anyone all year so nd mightve already been going to beat usc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

so comments about my thoughts of stealing werner and jenkisn in 1, frderiick in rd 3?

if we dont trade 2014 to move up from rd 2, what about dt jenkins in 1 (will require a trade up), ansah or hunt in 2 (may require a trade up) and frederick in 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1. Notre Dame

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

peace man.

see you at the nc game.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what re you referring to in head to head matchups (playing the saem team?) of course i wouldnt throw that out.

heres a discussion not too far akin to what ive been saying (minus the guy trying to compare kansas state loss by 30 points to a non ranked baylor 1-5 in big 12 to gerogias loss to south carolina). pay attention also to the very last sentence.

"round and round" video

http://espn.go.com/college-football/

mb, ddint see you comment on the fortuitiveness of barkley being injured going into this game. thats a HUUGGE break for nd, not that usc defense could stop anyone all year so nd mightve already been going to beat usc.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt it's a break for ND, tough to replace all that experience/talent at such an important position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I like the idea of big corners so I like Amerson and Rhodes. Pats might consider SS if Chung leaves. Still going with D Line if the Pats keep their 1st and don't trade down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the idea of big corners so I like Amerson and Rhodes. Pats might consider SS if Chung leaves. Still going with D Line if the Pats keep their 1st and don't trade down.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and this draft projects to have a good amount of CB's at 6-0+... some def potential on day 2.

I like Chung, but Chung scares me in coverage, not to mention his durability issues.  Much like CB, there is some good S depth in this class and they should be able to improve the back end on day 2 if the choose to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

jeez, ansah is up to 32 already on walters new mock. 

at this rate we'll be lucky if hunt is even available at 32

john jenkins down to 18 though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kid is huge with off the charts athleticism... also very new to the game... a ton of upside there... should be a Top 50 kid, yeah.

I didn't see a 1st round talent when I saw Hunt on tape... look forward to seeing more.

Jesse Williams > John Jenkins for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another interesting kid day 2 pick from a small college is Quanterus Smith from W Kentucky. 6'5" 250lbs looks like a mid 4.6 - mid 4.7 player on the field and has been tearing it up in the under ranks forcing fumbles and dominating behind the line. At first I thought his game against Ala at the beginning of the season was a fluke but the more I'm looking into the kid the more I like. This kid might be one of my new favorite sleepers. One interesting thing to note is he didn't just boom this year. He's been stadily progressing since he joined the college ranks and seems to take well to coaching. He might be my new binky in the 3rd

[/QUOTE]

Thanks PE, I'll have to check him out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kid is huge with off the charts athleticism... also very new to the game... a ton of upside there... should be a Top 50 kid, yeah.

I didn't see a 1st round talent when I saw Hunt on tape... look forward to seeing more.

[/QUOTE]

hey mb,
    i hear you on hunt. i didnt think so either. just looking at the positional rising.

williams should be an easier get. you think his upside is more than jenkins or right now on the field?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mb,
    i hear you on hunt. i didnt think so either. just looking at the positional rising.

williams should be an easier get. you think his upside is more than jenkins or right now on the field?

[/QUOTE]

I like the fact that Williams would come in, well versed in a BB style 34 defense.

There isn't a ton of tape out there on either player, so I look forward to reviewing more... but based on what I've seen, I like Williams more... I think he's quicker with better lateral movement and comes in and a better play weight... curious of Jenkins actual weight as he may need to shed a few if he's up in the 350-360 range.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mb,

[/QUOTE]

I like the fact that Williams would come in, well versed in a BB style 34 defense.

There isn't a ton of tape out there on either player, so I look forward to reviewing more... but based on what I've seen, I like Williams more... I think he's quicker with better lateral movement and comes in and a better play weight... curious of Jenkins actual weight as he may need to shed a few if he's up in the 350-360 range.

[/QUOTE]

thanks bro. had him as 1b for dt for us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

forgto to mention, walter has jordan at 16 ALREADY! CRIPES!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

incidentally carimi really got owned all game by aldon smith the other day.

Sections
Shortcuts