***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Faucetman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Happy Thanksgiving from So Cal to all. 

[/QUOTE]

My man, where you been!?  Happy Turkey Day to you too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  It's been a crazy year for me so haven't had time to keep up with things like in the past - divorce, move, business closing, etc.  Hoping to start catching up now that things have settled down a bit.  I think we will see the Pats trading down a lot to gain some more picks.  They certainly cashed most of them in last year and since.

It's good to be back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  It's been a crazy year for me so haven't had time to keep up with things like in the past - divorce, move, business closing, etc.  Hoping to start catching up now that things have settled down a bit.  I think we will see the Pats trading down a lot to gain some more picks.  They certainly cashed most of them in last year and since.

It's good to be back.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear, man... agreed on trading down... think we'll def see some movement.

My board stack is in the OP, will level set you on where I stand with prospects to date, though I'll be posting an update soon... glad you're back, was asking about you, 7393 and low, etc. last week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does everybody pretty much feel those 3 picks all need to be hits and the team HAS TO spend 1 on a C/OG and another on a DE/DT.

Then probably CB, S, WR and rush DE would be the other 4 needs with only 1 pick to use on them.

Jairus Byrd at S over Chung, keep Talib and hope for Ras-I to give something, go after Osi or Freeney?

[/QUOTE]

i agree we need to scoop in fa to get most of whats needed. 

rame what about weighing in on trading into 2013 to move up to get those 2 or 3 studs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

so given the sceanrio of walter's current mock, 

would you take short, okefor, ansah or hunt at end of rd 1?

[/QUOTE]

Based on how that board played out, I'd be most tempted by Jesse Williams then Matt Elam.

[/QUOTE]

mb, to get elam on that board youd have to use your first round pick (maybe trade down a few but you dont get williams too, unless mortgaging 2014).

they dont list jesse. would you be willlng trade up in rd 1 for williams?

id go nates route on safety. rather use the $ on a proven guy and use the picks to get what you cant  (dt and des that good).

(also what's the last db pick bb made that was a big hit in rd 1 or 2?).

[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the Rd 1 pick, would be looking Williams (they have him going 49th) there, then Elam in that order.

I'm not at all opposed to bringing in a FA S, though I wouldn't expect them to hand out a huge contract for one.

I don't see their track record at drafting CB/S as any sort of limiting factor on how they'll approach the 2013 draft.  I think they'll do what they do... stack their board, move up and down as needed and take the best available players at a position of need.

[/QUOTE]

i agree regardign latter, as ive said i wouldnt sanction it (so my preference)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Happy Thanksgiving from So Cal to all. 

[/QUOTE]

welcome back faucet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Does everybody pretty much feel those 3 picks all need to be hits and the team HAS TO spend 1 on a C/OG and another on a DE/DT.

Then probably CB, S, WR and rush DE would be the other 4 needs with only 1 pick to use on them.

Jairus Byrd at S over Chung, keep Talib and hope for Ras-I to give something, go after Osi or Freeney?

[/QUOTE]

if we dont land the pass rush de by draft, we gotta land one of these guys (pass rushing des) in first round and a half (after the de stud williams or jenkins) and the 3rd rd c/g.

by the way, where ya been rame?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They're one of, if not the top teams in the AFC/NFL, so I don't think it's must have that they hit on all (3) picks... with that said, hitting on atleast 2 out of 3 would be a big step towards maintaining continuity (winning football games) and/or improving the talent/depth moving forward. 

I do hope they address the defensive side of the ball or OL early.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah very true... they have a good enough team to blow 1-2 picks but I'd really love some solid interior lineman on both sides of the ball... less hit and miss positions as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if we dont land the pass rush de by draft, we gotta land one of these guys (pass rushing des) in first round and a half (after the de stud williams or jenkins) and the 3rd rd c/g.

[/QUOTE]

Been loving the last two pats games, posting less, very busy, hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

What do you think of Osi and Byrd in FA?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Been loving the last two pats games, posting less, very busy, hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Osi get an extension?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks man! same to you!

hope your practicing being grateful :)

last 2 games is on my list (of gratitudes:)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

where the heck are all you guys.

mb, nix looked the part. he was a MAN today.

chip kelly has done a helluva job .

the magically touched irish season coninues....

told ya youd be in title game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

anyone think barkley would throw all those picks and lose the game?

good team but luckier season.

notere dame byu game, pitt game (hardly powers) saved by the divine (and ref). 

stanford game saved by the refs (and the conservaive game the coach for stanford called).

did you know florida beat 4 of the top 12 teams? no other team came close to that.

notre dame legacy aside, the best 2 teams should be in the title game (not the teams with the best record). ohio state next year will have an ok team, play in the weak big 10 and play a p#ss poor out of conf schedule (therefore maybe even ranked #1 because of thier easy road), making a nc even easier. the big east winner will go to a bcs game. horrible.

good season for notre dame. kelley has done a helluva job.

notre dame wins the popularitiy contest.

georgia alabama is going to be a slobber-knocker. 

whoever survives will have to bring their "a" game to beat the irish and their "destined, golden and divined season".

i think florida is getting jobbed. no team deserved it more - on the field (even if florida, lsu, bama and georgia are somewhat even. man  an 8 team playoff would be football heaven to watch

imagine adding irish, oregon, texas a and m, and south carolina or florida state (to an 8 game playoff) and watching it happen on the field. nice dream. it would be pure honey-flowing heaven.

good day all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't Osi get an extension?

[/QUOTE]

hey nate, been away a minute. yes, you jogged my memory. signed for a lot less than he wanted to sign for to boot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rame,

can you pull any strings with bb to bring in byrd?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

personally i think the bill would have to be stupid to let him go, however who knows their cap situation signing mario williams and mark anderson according to http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php they have 105 million of their 2013 salary cap used up on 45 players.  therefore they have roughly 17 million to spend on 8 players.  sadly plenty of money to spend on Byrd. 

If we want to poach players, the jets would be much easier being they are in cap hell.  Way too much money to their top 10 players.  However the only player i want from them is mangold, but no way do they let him go with the cap hit they would have to take, plus he is signed till 2017

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

stanford game saved by the refs (and the conservaive game the coach for stanford called).

did you know florida beat 4 of the top 12 teams? no other team came close to that.

notre dame legacy aside, the best 2 teams should be in the title game (not the teams with the best record). ohio state next year will have an ok team, play in the weak big 10 and play a p#ss poor out of conf schedule (therefore maybe even ranked #1 because of thier easy road), making a nc even easier. the big east winner will go to a bcs game. horrible.

whoever survives will have to bring their "a" game to beat the irish and their "destined, golden and divined season".

i think florida is getting jobbed. no team deserved it more - on the field (even if florida, lsu, bama and georgia are somewhat even. man  an 8 team playoff would be football heaven to watch

imagine adding irish, oregon, texas a and m, and south carolina or florida state (to an 8 game playoff) and watching it happen on the field. nice dream. it would be pure honey-flowing heaven.

good day all.

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Barkley has thrown (15) INT's on the year (which I believe ties him for 3rd nationally), including (9) in the last (4) games... so he hasn't exactly been protecting the football and making smart decisions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

where the heck are all you guys.

mb, nix looked the part. he was a MAN today.

chip kelly has done a helluva job .

the magically touched irish season coninues....

told ya youd be in title game.

[/QUOTE]

Nix ("Irish Chocolate") as he likes to be called is def legit, yeah (big, power, athletic, physical, fights you on every snap)... personally, I hope  he comes back next year (he's only a RS Soph) as it would give them the best 1/2 DL punch in the country (teamed with manchild Stephon Tuitt).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Nate,

You're an OSU guy, right?  Converted FB Zach Boren (now an ILB) looked awesome yesterday... kid was all over the field making plays, loved his instincts, awareness and blue-collar type playing style.  With the BB to Urban/Vrabel pipepine now seemingly open, he along with Boren, Simon and even a flex kid like Stoneburner could def be on their radars.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

So this may be the residue of hops and barley talking, but I think I've actually found a USC player that I'd love to see in Foxboro.  As some of you know, I tend to think that SC players are overrated and generally never rate many if any highly on my boards, but there is one kid that's caught my attention.

While this class projects as a down year for WR's, IMO, there is one kid that really looks impressive to me, Robert Woods (6-1 190) has a very good combo of things that BB has historically put a lot of value in when drafting WR's:  1.  Kid very, very good straight-lined speed (prob in the low 4.4 or better range) and 2.  He has good RAC ability, creating constently after the catch.  I also really like his hands... kid runs crisp routes, and understands how to get open, whether tempoing his routes, using double moves or finding soft spots in zone... he's also adept at working to seperate when the QB is flushed from the pocket.

IF NE were to target a WR on Day 1 or early Day 2, I hope Woods is the name that's called.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

Nate,

You're an OSU guy, right?  Converted FB Zach Boren (now an ILB) looked awesome yesterday... kid was all over the field making plays, loved his instincts, awareness and blue-collar type playing style.  With the BB to Urban/Vrabel pipepine now seemingly open, he along with Boren, Simon and even a flex kid like Stoneburner could def be on their radars.

[/QUOTE]

I think Shazier is going to be even better than simon next year!  check him out he is a stud! fast with a great work ethic.  Boren is a really hard worker with a non stop motor!  I like Stoneburner, if he was in meyer's system for more of his career he could have stats similar to hernandez with meyer.  he is a big guy who is a great blocker, needs more practice catching passes, because tressel didn't really use him as a pass catching threat, just a blocker for his run game for the most part. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

personally i think the bill would have to be stupid to let him go, however who knows their cap situation signing mario williams and mark anderson according to http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2013.php they have 105 million of their 2013 salary cap used up on 45 players.  therefore they have roughly 17 million to spend on 8 players.  sadly plenty of money to spend on Byrd. 

If we want to poach players, the jets would be much easier being they are in cap hell.  Way too much money to their top 10 players.  However the only player i want from them is mangold, but no way do they let him go with the cap hit they would have to take, plus he is signed till 2017

[/QUOTE]

hey nate, good stuff. went to bed the other night and this thought (not necessarily rational) of trading mallet to jets for wiolkerson popped into my head. if brady goes down we go nowhere. is mallet the heir to brady. i dont know many who would say so. the game does nto "slow down" for him. and brady has at least 2 excellent years left. so you figure maybe even 4 on his slow desdent.  

i know its the jets, but id gues they are rady  to dump, adn if we get some legit dline help, come playoffs it may be enough to get over the hump. 

what do you think. think wilkerson is good enough? hes coming on and is top 5 rated by pff against the run as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

So this may be the residue of hops and barley talking, but I think I've actually found a USC player that I'd love to see in Foxboro.  As some of you know, I tend to think that SC players are overrated and generally rate many if any highly on my boards, but there is one kid that's caught my attention.

While this class projects as a down year for WR's, IMO, there is one kid that really looks impressive to me, Robert Woods (6-1 190) has a very good combo of things that BB has historically put a lot of value in when drafting WR's:  1.  Kid very, very good straight-lined speed (prob in the low 4.4 or better range) and 2.  He has good RAC ability, creating constently after the catch.  I also really like his hands... kid runs crisp routes, and understands how to get open, whether tempoing his routes, using double moves or finding soft spots in zone... he's also adept at working to seperate when the QB is flushed from the pocket.

IF NE were to target a WR on Day 1 or early Day 2, I hope Woods is the name that's called.

[/QUOTE]

with our needs id never go wr. but at usc, they do have good wrs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

good day all.

[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Barkley has thrown (15) INT's on the year (which I believe ties him for 3rd nationally), including (9) in the last (4) games... so he hasn't exactly been protecting the football and making smart decisions.

[/QUOTE]

he has thrown picks i agree, but the rook looked blinded by the bigtime.

Sections
Shortcuts