***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

crazy idea; trade whatever necessary to get the (predicted) #1 pick the year you guess manziel will come out (end junior year id guess). imagine if there was any way (save losing 16 games) to get that pick?

(fantasy what if)

[/QUOTE]

Not an unprecedented type move at it could be similar to what the Redskins did to acquire Robert Griffin III... however it would need to be more of a wait and see approach as 1.  You need to target once he's declared and 2.  He'll need to be playing at the the same or higher level.

He'll be draft eligible as a RS Soph after next season.

[/QUOTE]

yeah really only 2 choices. i dont think he plays hsi senior year.

i think if you make the trade after he declares its not likely anyone will give you the $1 pick.

i was fantasizing something crazy liek  atrade to a team you predict to be the worst 2 years before he comes out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

watchig ne, where is the discussion on position priority in the draft.

especailly for those who havent weighed in or who have flexed their positions, or anyone else who wants to.

whats looking like 1st priority in draft, 2nd, 3rd?

[/QUOTE]

Defense and OL is where I'm still leaning.  I don't have a clear cut ranking of positions of need, though I'd prob start with DL, DB, OLB/DE, OL... best available at any of those positions. 

[/QUOTE]

ive got same as you except db-which i prefer outside of draft, and at this point, safety over cb, though both would be great. however i do have an order of preference. dt, de/olb, c/g (if they sign vollmer)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

especailly for those who havent weighed in or who have flexed their positions, or anyone else who wants to.

[/QUOTE]

Defense and OL is where I'm still leaning.  I don't have a clear cut ranking of positions of need, though I'd prob start with DL, DB, OLB/DE, OL... best available at any of those positions. 

[/QUOTE]

DL, OL, DE/OLB, S (i think we can get this in free agency)

where the most value is based on the depth at the position in the draft and the order in which to take the positions:

OL (C/OT), DE/DT, OLB, CB (perhaps the honey badger late in the draft) S in free agency.  We have been very successful with high drafted OL, i think we just need one more high drafted offensive lineman, a huge center such as barrett Jones who plays all interior positions.  CB we could be set if we resign talib and dennard keeps on his current track.  Plus we get Ras- I back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

where the most value is based on the depth at the position in the draft and the order in which to take the positions:

OL (C/OT), DE/DT, OLB, CB (perhaps the honey badger late in the draft) S in free agency.  We have been very successful with high drafted OL, i think we just need one more high drafted offensive lineman, a huge center such as barrett Jones who plays all interior positions.  CB we could be set if we resign talib and dennard keeps on his current track.  Plus we get Ras- I back

[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with bqarrett and about our o line. i jsut differ on what i see as the biggest need (ie order priority).

help with some clarity nate,

when you say c/ot you mean center or ot. and de/dt, do you mean de or dt.

i would go dt and de.

and a center who can also play guard.

agree with you of course on dennard talib, and maybe dowling. might be good to replace dowling. a quad injury out for the year? is this guy 90 years old? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

get this, walterfootball has ansah up to 24 already (and to the giants..heaven forbid). at this rate all the des weve mentioned will go in the top 15 (wont happen, cant happen.....can it?....).

yet another mock givng us one of the top rated wrs. (tavon austin, wv)

whoahhhh nate, walter has us taking hunt at our pick in the 2nd (with jessie williams available until the following pick- they give to denver).

if they both go here, would be awesome to get them both, ie jones in rd 1, trading up from rd 3.

still would covet the dts and pass rush des available in rd 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

anyone want to weigh in how many of these qbs make it into the first.

smith, murray, glennon, wilson, mccarron, logan thomas, and brad sorenson. 

4 or 5 really helps us out obviously pushing players down.

as i said earlier, teams cnat do anything in the league wihtout a qb and rd one reaches the likes of tannehill  are paying off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

as i said earlier, teams cnat do anything in the league wihtout a qb and rd one reaches the likes of tannehill  are paying off.

[/QUOTE]

Frankly for me there's maybe 1-2 that actually are worth picking up in the 1st and that's not until you reach the 20's. However, a ton of teams need QB's and the best out there next year with be Smith, Vick, and Hoyer so... I see this as the Sanchez draft all over again. There was no way Sanchez should have been anything but a project early 2nd round pick but because of desperation someone reached, I see something similiar happening here. A number of reaches that have people scratching their heads and at least 4 QB's in the 1st gone. I fully expect the Jets to be one of those team too and be stuck again with another bad QB lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Kansas City, Arizona, NY jets, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Dallas, Cleveland and Jacksonville as teams who could look at QB's in April. With atlest half of those 8 teams drafting one. As PatsEng said, I see a lot of reaches and teams with pressure on them making a foolish move and drafting one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Frankly for me there's maybe 1-2 that actually are worth picking up in the 1st and that's not until you reach the 20's. However, a ton of teams need QB's and the best out there next year with be Smith, Vick, and Hoyer so... I see this as the Sanchez draft all over again. There was no way Sanchez should have been anything but a project early 2nd round pick but because of desperation someone reached, I see something similiar happening here. A number of reaches that have people scratching their heads and at least 4 QB's in the 1st gone. I fully expect the Jets to be one of those team too and be stuck again with another bad QB lol

[/QUOTE]

You forgot Favre

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At this point, I'd project (4) that would have a chance to come of the board in Rd 1, Smith, Barkley, Murray and Wilson.

McCarron is a kid that I'd love to see in Foxboro... good size, good arm, good accuracy... somewhere on Day 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At this point, I'd project (4) that would have a chance to come of the board in Rd 1, Smith, Barkley, Murray and Wilson.

McCarron is a kid that I'd love to see in Foxboro... good size, good arm, good accuracy... somewhere on Day 2.

[/QUOTE]

We need to take into consideration Alex Smith moving on to fill a need. Maybe 5 in the 1st Round, Smith Barkley, Murray, Wilson, and  maybe Bray.  Combine + Pro-days may help Bray (if he comes out.)    Free agency before the Draft will reset boards for sure.  Who knows the Jets might end the Sanchez experiment.  Demand wil be high as always for a franchise QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with bqarrett and about our o line. i jsut differ on what i see as the biggest need (ie order priority).

i would go dt and de.

agree with you of course on dennard talib, and maybe dowling. might be good to replace dowling. a quad injury out for the year? is this guy 90 years old? 

[/QUOTE]

Yes i believe that Center is more important than OT, being that we have cannon and depending on the vollmer resigning situation.  If we get a C who can also play guard that would be optimal.  I believe that DT is needed more being that we have bequette however if we can get a stud DE in the 2nd round such as margus hunt i say go for it.  Love hasn't been too bad.  If we can get Tyran mathiau LSU safety in the late rounds due to his suspension we might be able to turn him into dennard/talib  for cheap money and have good depth at the CB/S position. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

get this, walterfootball has ansah up to 24 already (and to the giants..heaven forbid). at this rate all the des weve mentioned will go in the top 15 (wont happen, cant happen.....can it?....).

whoahhhh nate, walter has us taking hunt at our pick in the 2nd (with jessie williams available until the following pick- they give to denver).

if they both go here, would be awesome to get them both, ie jones in rd 1, trading up from rd 3.

[/QUOTE]

I would be very happy if we could shore up both lines with hunt and barrett jones similar to the giants dominance on the lines which wins them games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that would be awesome for jets to go qb in 1. and im rooting for 5 in rd 1. that would be spectacular.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We need to take into consideration Alex Smith moving on to fill a need. Maybe 5 in the 1st Round, Smith Barkley, Murray, Wilson, and  maybe Bray.  Combine + Pro-days may help Bray (if he comes out.)    Free agency before the Draft will reset boards for sure.  Who knows the Jets might end the Sanchez experiment.  Demand wil be high as always for a franchise QB.

[/QUOTE]

nice post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i would go dt and de.

[/QUOTE]

Yes i believe that Center is more important than OT, being that we have cannon and depending on the vollmer resigning situation.  If we get a C who can also play guard that would be optimal.  I believe that DT is needed more being that we have bequette however if we can get a stud DE in the 2nd round such as margus hunt i say go for it.  Love hasn't been too bad.  If we can get Tyran mathiau LSU safety in the late rounds due to his suspension we might be able to turn him into dennard/talib  for cheap money and have good depth at the CB/S position. 

[/QUOTE]

so you are saying c/g in rd 1, dt in rd 2 unless we can get hunt(de).

and mathieu in rd 3?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would be very happy if we could shore up both lines with hunt and barrett jones similar to the giants dominance on the lines which wins them games. 

[/QUOTE]

sooo agree

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

so in light of the manziel fantasy and or 2015 draft qb lottery.

we woudl have to trade for the pick BEFORE the team knew it had the #1 pick.

given this what is your top 5 seeds for that #1 pick.

i dont know, looking at organizations, i would think oakland and jacksonville would have a shot (and both have a qb that they may try to get by with next year (but could go for one in 14 if they decide they need one, and therefore not in 15)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

i dont know, looking at organizations, i would think oakland and jacksonville would have a shot (and both have a qb that they may try to get by with next year (but could go for one in 14 if they decide they need one, and therefore not in 15)

[/QUOTE]

1. jets- stuck with sanchez, ryan can't draft or bring in FA anymore, and they are in cap hell.

2. jags MJD is probably out,

3. eagles, without reid and vick they are lost, plus McCoy is aging and injury prone.

4. Cheifs- without romeo and being that cassel isn't their answer they need a QB and a coach.

5. vikings- peterson is starting to get injured more and more, ponder will regress without peterson.  harvin can't stay healthy either

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. jets- stuck with sanchez, ryan can't draft or bring in FA anymore, and they are in cap hell.

3. eagles, without reid and vick they are lost, plus McCoy is aging and injury prone.

4. Cheifs- without romeo and being that cassel isn't their answer they need a QB and a coach.

5. vikings- peterson is starting to get injured more and more, ponder will regress without peterson.  harvin can't stay healthy either

[/QUOTE]

this is 2 years out. i considered jets. but they their coach is not he worst coach in the league and i think they would have no problem going for a qb in the draft this year and next.

eagles thats an interesting thought.

vikes too? as teh #32 team in 2 years.  not sure about that one.

considered chiefs, but they would be out in a year if they dont improve. and they willl have the best shot for the best qb this year. they should improve in 2 years...unless they really draft the wrong qb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

this is 2 years out. i considered jets. but they their coach is not he worst coach in the league and i think they would have no problem going for a qb in the draft this year and next.

i think the jets will give sexy rexy one more shot and they are stuck with sanchez so in 2 years they will be with a new coach and new QB when they finally realize that rex isn't a head coordinator and sanchez is a terrible QB.  plus their defense is old and they might not be able to give revis 20 million this offseason so they could be without one of their top Defensive playmakers in 2 years. 

eagles thats an interesting thought. without reid and vick they only have McCoy to lean on plus desean jackson has a big injury history and their defense is in shambles.  Plus they are in a division with washington who is on the uprise, the giants who are always tough and the cowboys, who if they ever got rid of jerry jones could be very good.  Plus there is rumor that sean Payton might go to the cowboys.  There could easily be 6 losses right there

vikes too? Jared Allen will be 32 and injuries will start to get to him.  plus i have a feeling that they will stick to ponder for at least another year of failure so in 2 years they could very well be at the bottom of the league with a new rookie QB leading them into a bad season. Adrian peterson will be 29 and with the amount of carries he gets and the history of injuries he could be just about out of the league then.  as teh #32 team in 2 years.  not sure about that one.

considered chiefs, but they would be out in a year if they dont improve. and they willl have the best shot for the best qb this year. QB and coach change can take a few years to set in so i really think they could be bad for the next few years.  they should improve in 2 years...unless they really draft the wrong qb.

[/QUOTE]

who would you select?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think the jets will give sexy rexy one more shot and they are stuck with sanchez so in 2 years they will be with a new coach and new QB when they finally realize that rex isn't a head coordinator and sanchez is a terrible QB.  plus their defense is old and they might not be able to give revis 20 million this offseason so they could be without one of their top Defensive playmakers in 2 years. 

eagles thats an interesting thought. without reid and vick they only have McCoy to lean on plus desean jackson has a big injury history and their defense is in shambles.  Plus they are in a division with washington who is on the uprise, the giants who are always tough and the cowboys, who if they ever got rid of jerry jones could be very good.  Plus there is rumor that sean Payton might go to the cowboys.  There could easily be 6 losses right there

vikes too? Jared Allen will be 32 and injuries will start to get to him.  plus i have a feeling that they will stick to ponder for at least another year of failure so in 2 years they could very well be at the bottom of the league with a new rookie QB leading them into a bad season. Adrian peterson will be 29 and with the amount of carries he gets and the history of injuries he could be just about out of the league then.  as teh #32 team in 2 years.  not sure about that one.

considered chiefs, but they would be out in a year if they dont improve. and they willl have the best shot for the best qb this year. QB and coach change can take a few years to set in so i really think they could be bad for the next few years.  they should improve in 2 years...unless they really draft the wrong qb.

[/QUOTE]

who would you select?

[/QUOTE]

well before deliberating longer, i threw out the raiders and jax and gave reasonign for both.

curious you didn think oakland would be one of the 5.

more details later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tyrann Mathiew to declare for the draft:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tyrann-mathieu-college-career-officially-coming-close-ll-174212899--ncaaf.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tyrann-mathieu-college-career-officially-coming-close-ll-174212899--ncaaf.html

[/QUOTE]

hey mb, i predicted that here after his last bust. venture the rd he will go in?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mb, i predicted that here after his last bust. venture the rd he will go in?

[/QUOTE]

As far as NE is concerned, late round option (5-7) due to the missed time and off field issues.