***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bleacher report is now projecting jordan to be picked 10th overall - the second de/olb to be picked

[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to remove this kid from my Big 32 Board very soon... kids at the top of my board, but I just don't see him being available at the end of Rd 1... too much length/athleticism/versatility, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bleacher report is now projecting jordan to be picked 10th overall - the second de/olb to be picked

[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to remove this kid from my Big 32 Board very soon... kids at the top of my board, but I just don't see him being available at the end of Rd 1... too much length/athleticism/versatility, etc.

[/QUOTE]

plus at 245 would bb give a look?

dont see him getting past 21 i would think. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 245, his measurables would be similar to Crable (Jordan is much more talented/versatile)... curious of what his actual weight will be at the SB/Combine, etc.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

in my mock a day looks,

john jenkins 25 to pats

with vaccaro, ansah, richardson on the board

barrett, poyer, elam going in top 2nd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 245, his measurables would be similar to Crable (Jordan is much more talented/versatile)... curious of what his actual weight will be at the SB/Combine, etc.

[/QUOTE]

hey Beualieu: Manti wins the Bednarik and the Maxwell!

[/QUOTE]

Kid cleaned up!  Awesome to see.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If you are looking for a stud SS Zeke Motta is just that! He played for our High School team here in Vero Beach and was outstanding. Maybe get him in 2nd or 3rd round. Manti Taooooouch isn't a slouch either.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey Beualieu: Manti wins the Bednarik and the Maxwell!

[/QUOTE]

Kid cleaned up!  Awesome to see.

[/QUOTE]

maybe takes home the Big One?

[/QUOTE]

Has a legitimate shot, offensive bias is the only thing working against him.  GO HEISMANTI!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you are looking for a stud SS Zeke Motta is just that! He played for our High School team here in Vero Beach and was outstanding. Maybe get him in 2nd or 3rd round. Manti Taooooouch isn't a slouch either.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Motta guy... elite size, moves well, absolutely trucks dudes in the secondary (also wraps up... ND's secondary as a whole tackled very, very well... little to no YAC)... not the talent that Harrison Smith was, but a Day 2 pick he should be.  Kid literally brings the sledgehammer, haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'd like the pats to get one of kawann short/sylvester williams and one of tavon austin/robert woods

[/QUOTE]

I like Sylvester Williams and he'll prob come at a better value.  I like both WR's, just don't see them dipping into Rd 1 for either... if they can maneuver and pickup at some point in Rd 2, I'd be cool with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1436282-ryan-shazier-vs-manti-teo-making-a-case-for-the-buckeye-linebacker

The whole country knows who Notre Dame's Manti Te'o is. The amount of attention the Fighting Irish's linebacker gets on television is incomparable, and rightfully so. 

However, let me throw another name out there: Ryan Shazier. Ever heard of him? The Ohio State Buckeyes linebacker has cemented himself as one of the best in the country, and it's time that he gets recognized for his play.

The 6'2 sophomore linebacker from Plantation, Fla, put up numbers this season that Te'o failed to reach. Both players led their teams in tackles, but Shazier recorded 115 against Te'o's 103. Shazier's five sacks outweighed Te'o's 1.5.

While Te'o had 11 passes defended and forced zero fumbles, Shazier had 12 passes defended, forcing four fumbles. So why didn't Shazier get an invite to New York City for the Heisman Trophy Ceremony

Before answering that, take into account one more statistic: Shazier had a whopping 17 tackles for loss, where Te'o only recorded 5.5 for the year. Heck, Shazier even scored a touchdown this season.

The Notre Dame linebacker is one of the best in the country and is off to being a Top 10 pick in this year's NFL draft. But many of the stats say Shazier had a better season as a linebacker.

Some things just can't be explained. Buckeye Nation, though, will be treated to some exceptional linebacker play by No. 10 over the next couple of years. 

A huge 2013 season awaits this soon-to-be junior linebacker when the Buckeyes take the field on Aug. 31 against Buffalo. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1436282-ryan-shazier-vs-manti-teo-making-a-case-for-the-buckeye-linebacker

The whole country knows who Notre Dame's Manti Te'o is. The amount of attention the Fighting Irish's linebacker gets on television is incomparable, and rightfully so. 

However, let me throw another name out there: Ryan Shazier. Ever heard of him? The Ohio State Buckeyes linebacker has cemented himself as one of the best in the country, and it's time that he gets recognized for his play.

The 6'2 sophomore linebacker from Plantation, Fla, put up numbers this season that Te'o failed to reach. Both players led their teams in tackles, but Shazier recorded 115 against Te'o's 103. Shazier's five sacks outweighed Te'o's 1.5.

While Te'o had 11 passes defended and forced zero fumbles, Shazier had 12 passes defended, forcing four fumbles. So why didn't Shazier get an invite to New York City for the Heisman Trophy Ceremony

Before answering that, take into account one more statistic: Shazier had a whopping 17 tackles for loss, where Te'o only recorded 5.5 for the year. Heck, Shazier even scored a touchdown this season.

The Notre Dame linebacker is one of the best in the country and is off to being a Top 10 pick in this year's NFL draft. But many of the stats say Shazier had a better season as a linebacker.

Some things just can't be explained. Buckeye Nation, though, will be treated to some exceptional linebacker play by No. 10 over the next couple of years. 

A huge 2013 season awaits this soon-to-be junior linebacker when the Buckeyes take the field on Aug. 31 against Buffalo. 

[/QUOTE]

wow nate, thnks for the data. of course with the nd tv contract they dominate the airwaves even in calif., so i did not see ohio state play but for sparse highlights

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

Just Realised Edelman's contract is up at the end of this season and we all know Welker isnt a lock to be back next year. Think about it, Lloyd could be the only true WR on the roster once the season ends.

Thus, while my previous preference was getting a DT or DE in the first, much like the 2009 season where both TE's watson and smith were let go and you just knew the Pats would be picking TE in the draft and also after the 10 season where Neal retired, Lights contract was up and there wasnt certainty he would be back, Mankins  was in a contract dispute with the team, you knew they would be going OL in the draft. They ended up with Gronkowski in the 2nd and Henandez in the 4th in 2010 and Solder in the first in 2011. I have to believe they will be targeting a WR or 2 relatively early this year.

Robert Woods has had a disappointing year as he has been nagged by an ankle injury all year. The guy has gone from a potential top 5 pick to a borderline 1st rounder in many people's opinion. He would make a great 1st round selection. He is the rare receiver that can play all WR positions coming out of college. You could stick him on an Iso route on the outside and expect him to win against his man, he can play slot, has great RAC ability making him ideal for slants,screens and can be your designated KR/PR if you choose not to resign edelman. Too much value to pass up.  Possibly the best combination of route running and hands for WR prospects in a few years. Knock on him is his size as he is only about 6-1, 190.

The other WR prospect that really intrigues me possible in the 3rd round is Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech. At 6-4, 232 and sub 4.5 speed he is a legit deep ball threat. His stats have been hurt by playing with the inconsistent QB Logan Thomas but he still boasts about 2O Yards per catch average. Watching him, you see him repeatedly bail out his QB on porly thrown balls. Has really good hands and fights for the ball in the air. Good route runner. Knock on him is whether he can play in NE's offense as VT has a pretty simple offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to speedster81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just Realised Edelman's contract is up at the end of this season and we all know Welker isnt a lock to be back next year. Think about it, Lloyd could be the only true WR on the roster once the season ends.

Thus, while my previous preference was getting a DT or DE in the first, much like the 2009 season where both TE's watson and smith were let go and you just knew the Pats would be picking TE in the draft and also after the 10 season where Neal retired, Lights contract was up and there wasnt certainty he would be back, Mankins  was in a contract dispute with the team, you knew they would be going OL in the draft. They ended up with Gronkowski in the 2nd and Henandez in the 4th in 2010 and Solder in the first in 2011. I have to believe they will be targeting a WR or 2 relatively early this year.

Robert Woods has had a disappointing year as he has been nagged by an ankle injury all year. The guy has gone from a potential top 5 pick to a borderline 1st rounder in many people's opinion. He would make a great 1st round selection. He is the rare receiver that can play all WR positions coming out of college. You could stick him on an Iso route on the outside and expect him to win against his man, he can play slot, has great RAC ability making him ideal for slants,screens and can be your designated KR/PR if you choose not to resign edelman. Too much value to pass up.  Possibly the best combination of route running and hands for WR prospects in a few years. Knock on him is his size as he is only about 6-1, 190.

The other WR prospect that really intrigues me possible in the 3rd round is Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech. At 6-4, 232 and sub 4.5 speed he is a legit deep ball threat. His stats have been hurt by playing with the inconsistent QB Logan Thomas but he still boasts about 2O Yards per catch average. Watching him, you see him repeatedly bail out his QB on porly thrown balls. Has really good hands and fights for the ball in the air. Good route runner. Knock on him is whether he can play in NE's offense as VT has a pretty simple offense.

[/QUOTE]

I could very well see them spending a Day 2 pick on a WR, though I'd be pretty surprised to see them pull the trigger in Rd 1.  Woods is a kid I had profiled a ways back and I agree with your assessment... has a very good combo of what BB likes in his WR's; very good/elite straight lined speed, good hands, good RAC ability and is a solid route runner... I'm generally not a huge fan of SC kids, but he's the exception.  

I also like Tex A&M WR Ryan Swope who projects very well into NE's offense... decent size (6-0 205), very good hands, catches the ball well in traffic and has some RAC ability... not a game breaker, but someone who projects as a reliable slot guy and target for Brady.

At the end of the day, I think Edelman is brought back... I also think they should bring Welker back as well, as his importance to the offense is evident.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

[QUOTE]

I could very well see them spending a Day 2 pick on a WR, though I'd be pretty surprised to see them pull the trigger in Rd 1.  Woods is a kid I had profiled a ways back and I agree with your assessment... has a very good combo of what BB likes in his WR's; very good/elite straight lined speed, good hands, good RAC ability and is a solid route runner... I'm generally not a huge fan of SC kids, but he's the exception.  

I also like Tex A&M WR Ryan Swope who projects very well into NE's offense... decent size (6-0 205), very good hands, catches the ball well in traffic and has some RAC ability... not a game breaker, but someone who projects as a reliable slot guy and target for Brady.

At the end of the day, I think Edelman is brought back... I also think they should bring Welker back as well, as his importance to the offense is evident.

[/QUOTE]

I have not seen Swope play.Can he play outside or is he primarily a slot guy? I ask because like you I am hopeful Welker is brought back but that just leaves us with guys who can work the middle of the field but no presence outside the numbers. Though I have always been against picking a WR early, woods offers terrific value at the end of the 1st. Combined with another burner on the other side, maybe we now get teams playing us with cover 2 and both safeties lined up more than 15 yds from the line of scrimmage. The run game would feast on that and when one of the safeties creeped up to stop the run, woods/Davis/Lloyd could beat the one on one and make them pay with a long gain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from speedster81. Show speedster81's posts

I have read in quite a few places that Jarvis Jones' spinal stenosis issue is likely to give teams pause making him fall to as low as the bottom of the first round. Russ Lande at the national football post for instance has him mocked 29 to the Ravens. Recall that the reason he transferred from USC to Georgia was because the former wouldn't grant him a medical clearance for the spinal stenosis but Georgia would. I'll be very fascinated following how different NFL teams handle his medical. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have not seen Swope play.Can he play outside or is he primarily a slot guy? I ask because like you I am hopeful Welker is brought back but that just leaves us with guys who can work the middle of the field but no presence outside the numbers. Though I have always been against picking a WR early, woods offers terrific value at the end of the 1st. Combined with another burner on the other side, maybe we now get teams playing us with cover 2 and both safeties lined up more than 15 yds from the line of scrimmage. The run game would feast on that and when one of the safeties creeped up to stop the run, woods/Davis/Lloyd could beat the one on one and make them pay with a long gain.

[/QUOTE]

Swope has the size to play on the outside and could see some snaps out there, but is more likely to be utilized in the slot, IMO.

Assuming Welker isn't brought back Amendola def becomes their #1 WR target, IMO... I think they may also show some interest in the FA's below:

• Donnie Avery- IND
    • Johnny Knox- CHI
    • Brian Hartline- MIA
    • Emmanuel Sanders (RFA)-PIT
    • Brandon Gibson- STL
    • Sammie Stroughter- TB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I believe that the need is in order of priority WR, OL, DT43 so my picks are based on getting best player available at those positions in the respective rounds.

First Round Pick: ROBERT WOODS -WR- USC  

(backup pick Justin Hunter -WR- Tenn)

UNLESS Barrett Jones, G/C/T Alabama or Jopnathan Cooper, C/G N.C are available

Second Round:  LARRY WARFORD, -G/C- Kentucky  

(backup Dallas Thomas -G/T- Alabama) 

Third Round Pick:  BENNIE LOGAN -DT- LSU

(backup Kawan Short -DT- Purdue

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed on your last points. 

wr addition thru fa or an udfa someone who can get separation outside

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I have read in quite a few places that Jarvis Jones' spinal stenosis issue is likely to give teams pause making him fall to as low as the bottom of the first round. Russ Lande at the national football post for instance has him mocked 29 to the Ravens. Recall that the reason he transferred from USC to Georgia was because the former wouldn't grant him a medical clearance for the spinal stenosis but Georgia would. I'll be very fascinated following how different NFL teams handle his medical. 

[/QUOTE]

i see him mocked from anywhere from pick 1 and never low as 10. we'll see

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Lattimore to declare for the draft... could provide potential value for some team.  I'm rooting for this kid:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/report-marcus-lattimore-taking-his-talents-to-the-nfl/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Lattimore to declare for the draft... could provide potential value for some team.  I'm rooting for this kid:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/report-marcus-lattimore-taking-his-talents-to-the-nfl/

[/QUOTE]

i knew he would. hes gotta get a contract before he gets another knee injury

Sections
Shortcuts