***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Anybody has a read on Amerson. He's one of the taller CBs in college.

I tried watching their bowl against Vanderbilt. I only saw the Vand QB throw to his man once. He did not preven the reception but was close enough so there was no yac. I guess I could take that lack of throws in his direction as indication he had good cover on his man so the opposing QB could not throw in his direction. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to looneyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1st round pick should be S - Vaccaro - Texas.  Can can cover. plays in the box and hits 

like a truck.  Unless BB spends some of the 35mil on a safety.( Tom's cap number

Is around 20mil so a restructure could give anther 5-10mil).

Or Margus Hunt-this guy is a player who reminds me of JPP / Watt.     Him , Francis and Jones with Vince and Love and our DL would be set. 

[/QUOTE]

hey looney,
    agree we need safety and pass rusher and  i prefer to try to get tehm in fa. get wr, c/g, big cb in draft

[/QUOTE]

In FA I say look at Freeny  and Reed an 2 year deals. If Barwin is set free

look at him as a big time addition. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1st round pick should be S - Vaccaro - Texas.  Can can cover. plays in the box and hits 

like a truck.  Unless BB spends some of the 35mil on a safety.( Tom's cap number

Is around 20mil so a restructure could give anther 5-10mil).

Or Margus Hunt-this guy is a player who reminds me of JPP / Watt.     Him , Francis and Jones with Vince and Love and our DL would be set. 

[/QUOTE]

hey looney,
    agree we need safety and pass rusher and  i prefer to try to get tehm in fa. get wr, c/g, big cb in draft

[/QUOTE]

In FA I say look at Freeny  and Reed an 2 year deals. If Barwin is set free

look at him as a big time addition. 

[/QUOTE]

long lsit of pass rushers avail. i dont know if freeney wants to leave. they are on upswing. we'll see. reed is a bit long in the tooth i think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I tried watching their bowl against Vanderbilt. I only saw the Vand QB throw to his man once. He did not preven the reception but was close enough so there was no yac. I guess I could take that lack of throws in his direction as indication he had good cover on his man so the opposing QB could not throw in his direction. 

[/QUOTE]

sea, i read he may have to switch to safety in nfl.

rhodes is teh biggest of the top perfrmers i see at cb 6 2" 217

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amerson is a kid that I'm trying to like and while he had another decent year statistically 11 PBU/ 17 PD, he got beat quite a bit this year and was completely shredded vs. Tenn.  I haven't seen a lot of good tape 2012 on him... but I do like his size and he appears to be a solid kid off the field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

USC WR Robert Woods to declare for the 2013 draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/robert-woods-declares-for-the-nfl-draft/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins is now the top WR on my board (assuming he declares).  Started watching some film on him this week, have him added to the next version of my Big 32 Board.

Good size (6-1 200)/speed combo, kid can seperate, hands catcher with good ball skills, sudden with good COD/RAC ability and has proven that he can be the #1 guy... really passed a big test vs. LSU last night, shredding them for 13-191-2, one of which going for a TD wit 2:47 remaining in the game... he also caught a 26 yard pass on 4th and 16 with 1:39 left on the clock to extend their game winning drive.  Kid was money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Based on the below mock, Rob Rang is the smartest draft analyst out there ;)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins is now the top WR on my board (assuming he declares).  Started watching some film on him this week, have him added to the next version of my Big 32 Board.

Good size (6-1 200)/speed combo, kid can seperate, hands catcher with good ball skills, sudden with good COD/RAC ability and has proven that he can be the #1 guy... really passed a big test vs. LSU last night, shredding them for 13-191-2, one of which going for a TD wit 2:47 remaining in the game... he also caught a 26 yard pass on 4th and 16 with 1:39 left on the clock to extend their game winning drive.  Kid was money.

[/QUOTE]

yes mb, he was on my "board" you asked me to make (see above :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

becasue he gives you elam :)

i like the vet fs and pass rusher (so many avail this year) and get players you cant get in fa thru draft.

ie rhodes, hopkins, (et al), frrederick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

What's up everybody?  Happy New Year to all!  I have had trouble getting into draft-mode so far this season.  Busy as hell, and the excitement of the season itself has kept me occupied.  Based on what little research I've done, this seems like an excellent year to trade back into the 2nd round.  I really like a lot of the fringe 1st/2nd round guys like Elam, Rhodes, Hopkins, Vaccaro, just to name a few.  Looks like there will be value in those mid 2nd round picks this year, much more so than last year, anyway.  Have fun watching the games today, and I'll look forward to getting more involved with this discussion soon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i like the vet fs and pass rusher (so many avail this year) and get players you cant get in fa thru draft.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, guy is a genius and knows good football talent when he sees it, ha. 

I'll def be adjusting my board once we have a better idea of how BB/NC will address the roster via FA... until then, I'll just continue to identify players that I think are the best fits for the team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's up everybody?  Happy New Year to all!  I have had trouble getting into draft-mode so far this season.  Busy as hell, and the excitement of the season itself has kept me occupied.  Based on what little research I've done, this seems like an excellent year to trade back into the 2nd round.  I really like a lot of the fringe 1st/2nd round guys like Elam, Rhodes, Hopkins, Vaccaro, just to name a few.  Looks like there will be value in those mid 2nd round picks this year, much more so than last year, anyway.  Have fun watching the games today, and I'll look forward to getting more involved with this discussion soon!

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Years, Wazz... hopefully this thread heats up as we get more into prime draft talk season (i.e. the end of the college/pro football seasons and the start of the college all-star games, combine, pro-days, etc). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll def be adjusting my board once we have a better idea of how BB/NC will address the roster via FA... until then, I'll just continue to identify players that I think are the best fits for the team. 

[/QUOTE]

re:

"talent is there for sure."

i guess rang finally read our thread and found out what was up! :)

re:

"I'll def be adjusting my board once we have a better idea of how BB/NC will address the roster via FA... until then, I'll just continue to identify players that I think are the best fits for the team." 

i get ya.

if bb fails to get a pass rusher or safety in fa

id go rambo in the 3rd

frederick in the 2nd

in first id look and see if ansah is avail first, if not see if i want to go pass rusher here anyway

or if ansah gone could go c/g first ie barret, pass rusher in 2 (any # of 3-4 guys), rambo in 3.

ps, you didnt say, had you seen my board including receivers with hopkins in there

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

re:

re:

"I'll def be adjusting my board once we have a better idea of how BB/NC will address the roster via FA... until then, I'll just continue to identify players that I think are the best fits for the team." 

i get ya.

id go rambo in the 3rd

frederick in the 2nd

in first id look and see if ansah is avail first, if not see if i want to go pass rusher here anyway

or if ansah gone could go c/g first ie barret, pass rusher in 2 (any # of 3-4 guys), rambo in 3.

ps, you didnt say, had you seen my board including receivers with hopkins in there

[/QUOTE]

RE: Drafting a pass rusher, I've been noticing Sam Montgomery neard the end of Rd 1 in a lot of mocks, not that mocks are indicative of where he'll actually be drafted, but if this kid is there at the end of Rd 1, I'd be interested.  Kid is big, strong and athletic and plays like a trained killer out on the field.  He can be a tick late off the snap, though I'd be curious if it has more to do with where he lines up (always seemts to be a 1-3 feet behind the DL next to him, so maybe he's not seeing the ball as it's snapped... because he def has some explosion to his game.

I do remember you having Hopkins listed as a WR option yes... kid took the lead for me once I got a chance to see him play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

re:

re:

i get ya.

id go rambo in the 3rd

frederick in the 2nd

[/QUOTE]

RE: Drafting a pass rusher, I've been noticing Sam Montgomery neard the end of Rd 1 in a lot of mocks, not that mocks are indicative of where he'll actually be drafted, but if this kid is there at the end of Rd 1, I'd be interested.  Kid is big, strong and athletic and plays like a trained killer out on the field.  He can be a tick late off the snap, though I'd be curious if it has more to do with where he lines up (always seemts to be a 1-3 feet behind the DL next to him, so maybe he's not seeing the ball as it's snapped... because he def has some explosion to his game.

I do remember you having Hopkins listed as a WR option yes... kid took the lead for me once I got a chance to see him play.

[/QUOTE]

great stuff!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Playes that I look forward to seeing in today's Rose Bowl:

Stanford:

1.  OLB- Chase Thomas

2.  OLB- Trent Murphy

3.  S- Ed Reynolds

4.  LB- Shayne Skov

Wisconsin:

1.  OL- Travis Frederick

2.  WR- Jared Abbrederis

3.  OT- Ricky Wagner

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Playes that I look forward to seeing in today's Rose Bowl:

Stanford:

1.  OLB- Chase Thomas

2.  OLB- Trent Murphy

3.  S- Ed Reynolds

4.  LB- Shayne Skov

Wisconsin:

1.  OL- Travis Frederick

2.  WR- Jared Abbrederis

3.  OT- Ricky Wagner

[/QUOTE]

im looking specifically at frederick. you wil  see before me as i have to work. will see on dvr later tonight.

by the way mb and eeryone, if murray comes out, will he go in rd 1. with all teh yards and tds agaisnt sec teams and all the qb desperate teams i have to think he would  and be a fool to go back to school when he can set up his life financially.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

some games georgia - neb. though but for late drop td gergia put it on em late

and s. carolina - mich. too bad lattimore got injured and too bad clowney is only a soph and cant come out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

college referees are blind. did you see that hold on 3rd down by the right tackle of stanford in that first drive? grab from behind by shoulderpad?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

and on tte pass rusher ticker....

margus hunt still moving up today natl footb post has him 28 to sf

and at 30 has damontre moore dropping to us.

thier mock is quite diff from others and oft is. (few qbs in rd 1)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

and on tte pass rusher ticker....

margus hunt still moving up today natl footb post has him 28 to sf

and at 30 has damontre moore dropping to us.

thier mock is quite diff from others and oft is. (few qbs in rd 1)

[/QUOTE]

I agree, there's usually a good amount of disparity between NFP and other draft sites.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I've said it before, but I'm a huge fan of the way Stanford plays football... disciplined, smart, fast and physical... fun to watch.

Actually, there's been quite a bit of physicality from both sides, loves these smash mouth types of games.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

while i really like elam, i think NE would be making a mistake in not taking montomery in that situation. FS is set with mccourty and BB used a 2nd round pick on tavon wilson in 2012 in anticipation of chung leaving. he has had a solid rookie season and imo projects as next years starter at SS with gregory and ebner as the backups.

on the other hand, trevor scott will be a FA at the end of the season and nink only has one more year on his contract. montgomery is by no means a perfect prospect, but he has the physical tools, amazing motor, and the will to improve. i'd be surprised if he fell to the late 1st. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a fair argument and based on what I've seen from Montgomery, I'd be pretty psyched to land him at the back end of Rd 1 as a bookend to CJ... I don't know what it is, but I think John Randle when I see this kid... different positions, but that's the player that comes to mind.

Sections
Shortcuts