***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

mb that's exactly what I thought when I saw NFL network displaying all the things Cobb was doing for GB.  Knew you were going to be upset, looks like a faster better woody.  Maybe next year Demps becomes Cobb for us but tough to watch another of the boards picks do well.

Man imagine if we had our own team and we were making the decisions on players to draft!  I don't think we miss much, we might even have a good record calling who's going to be a bust.

[/QUOTE]

Haha, yep, it's just one of those headscratchers... I'd love to know the reasoning for them to have Vereen above Cobb on their board... just doesn't make sense.

We've certainly been all over a lot of these kids, yes... one of the reasons this thread has been successful, IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

McClellin looking good tonight for Chi. I remember last year we talked him up from Sept when he was considered a 3rd round pick all the way up to the 19th pick. I still believe the Pats were either looking at either Jones or McClellin and when the Bears grabbed McClellin that forced the Pats to move up and grab Jones

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McClellin looking good tonight for Chi. I remember last year we talked him up from Sept when he was considered a 3rd round pick all the way up to the 19th pick. I still believe the Pats were either looking at either Jones or McClellin and when the Bears grabbed McClellin that forced the Pats to move up and grab Jones

[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing... kid looked explosive, still love the motor... they were moving him around too... saw him off the edge in one play, then was was playing some ILB with drop/coverage responsibilities the next.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Sad news about Manti Te'o grandmother passing away. He's still playing saturday night. I've been looking forward to him going up against Le'veon Bell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sad news about Manti Te'o grandmother passing away. He's still playing saturday night. I've been looking forward to him going up against Le'veon Bell

[/QUOTE]

Believe it was both his girlfriend and grandmother, but yes, just awful news.  I too look forward to the matchup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

terrible. condolences to him andhis family.

mb, can ND pull the upset.

im rooting for it

pulling for stanford, but we dont have harbaugh anymore

and rooting for florida, though i see that as an uphill battle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Believe it was both his girlfriend and grandmother, but yes, just awful news.  I too look forward to the matchup.

[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't know he lost his girlfriend as well. Tough week for the guy! My condolences to him and family

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Indeed, my condolences as well, couldn't ask for a better leader and football player for a team... just an awesome kid and an all-time player for ND.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Indeed, my condolences as well, couldn't ask for a better leader and football player for a team... just an awesome kid and an all-time player for ND.

[/QUOTE]

holyt helll batman! all my teams won; 

Nd beats msu and handily

flodria beats tennessee

and the shocker stanfard beats #2 usc! (who were supposed to be the natl champion this yr according to many "experts") WITHOUT HARBAUGH!!!!

HELL YEAH

NOW A PATS WIN, STEELER AND RAVEN LOSS WILL MAKE MY WEEK :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nd beats msu and handily

flodria beats tennessee

and the shocker stanfard beats #2 usc! (who were supposed to be the natl champion this yr according to many "experts") WITHOUT HARBAUGH!!!!

HELL YEAH

[/QUOTE]

I agree alot of upsets yesterday. Utah almost lost theirs to BYU at the end when everyone ran on the field before the play was dead so BYU got to retry a FG but missed.

It was nice to see Manti and the Irish come away with a win! I really like this guy and I think he'll be going very early in the draft for sure

LeVeon Bell was impressive despite being held to 77 yards. I think he has good field vision and can move well for his size.

I thought Cierre Wood would be rusty but he made some nice cuts and runs against a good D.

Also Eifert's blocking ability is impressive. Michigan St. was gameplanning for him big time in the passing game, so he was a major decoy.

I only caught those 2 games yesterday because I was at Troy's Hall of Fame Induction, which just made it even more of a great day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I can't help but say that Alabama looks awesome. Seldom do I make this claim, but they look like they could hang with a professional CFL team. Just dominant in every aspect and I keep seeing mock drafts were the Pats get Jesse Williams. I'd be happy with him or Jones. The Tide look they could have 5 or 6 players in the 1st round (Jones, Fluker, Lester, Williams, and whoever). I guess the big tests will be LSU, SC, and Georgia. But man do they look good. Like the Pats of old they plug in players and they execute. I really don't think i've seen a program this dominant since the The University of Miami back in the day (Sapp, Irvin etc..)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I'd also like to add, Star Lotulelei looks like an absolute beast! 6-4 320, constantly drawing double teams. Made 7 tackles against BYU and seems to have great awareness against the run and can deflect passes at the line of scrimmage. Last week against Utah St. he registered 4 tackles and 1 sack. Probably a top 10 pick if not top 5?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Updated watchlist, ND S Zeke Motta added.

OFFENSE:

QB:

*AJ McCarron- 6-4 210- Alabama *ADDED 9/9*

WR:

TJ Moe- 5-11 200- Missouri

Jamal Miles- 5-10 180- Arizona State

Tavon Austin- 5-9 175- WVU

Ryan Swope- 6-0 206- Tex A&M

Russell Shepherd- 6-0 195- LSU

Robby Toma- 5-9 185- ND

*Andre Debose- 5-9 195- Florida

RB:

Rex Burkhead- 5-11 210- Nebraska

Stepfan Taylor- 5-11 210- Stanford

Ronnie Wingo- 6-2 230- Arkansas

Theo Riddick-5-11 200 ND

*Le’Veon Bell- 6-2 244- Michigan State

*Spencer Ware- 5-11 225- LSU

*Michael Ford- 5-10 216- LSU

*Alfred Blue- 6-1 220- LSU

*Cierre Wood- 6-0 215- ND

*Anthony Wilkerson -6-1 220- Stanford

TE:

Jake Stoneburner- 6-5 240- Ohio State

Joseph Fauria- 6-7 252- UCLA

Philip Lutzenkirchen- 6-4 250- Auburn

Michael Williams- 6-5 272- Alabama

Ben Cotton- 6-6 255- Nebraska

*Tyler Eifert- 6-5 250- ND

*CJ Fiedorowicz- 6-6 265- Iowa

*Levine Toilolo- 6-7 263- Stanford

*Zach Ertz- 6-6 250- Stanford

OL:

OT Ricky Wagner- 6-6 320- Wisconsin

OT Alex Hurst- 6-6 332- LSU

OT Xavier Nixon- 6-5 314- Florida

OT Dallas Thomas- 6-5 310- Tennessee

OT Oday Aboushi- 6-6 31- Virginia

OT John Wetzel- 6-7 300- BC

OT Tanner Hawkinson- 6-5 300- Kansas

*OT Luke Joeckel- 6-6 310- Tex A&M

*OT Taylor Lewan- 6-7 310- Michigan

*OT Chris Faulk- 6-4 323- LSU *Out for 2012 with an knee injury*

*OT DJ Fluker- 6-6 335- Alabama

OG Barrett Jones- 6-4 305- Alabama

OG Chance Warmack- 6-2 322- Alabama

OG Blaize Foltz- 6-4 310- TCU

*OG Travis Frederick- 6-4 310- Wisconsin

*OG Alvin Bailey- 6-5 315- Arkansas

*OG Gabe Jackson- 6-4 320- Miss State

*OG Josh Williford- 6-6 332- LSU

C Khaled Holmes- 6-3 305- USC

C Graham Pocic- 6-5 310- Illinois

C Braxton Cave- 6-3 305- ND

C PJ Lonergan- 6-3 305- LSU

C Dalton Freeman- 6-4 286- Clemson

C TJ Johnson- 6-5 318 South Carolina

*C Travis Swanson- 6-4 305- Arkansas

Defense:

DT:

Jesse Williams- 6-3 320- Alabama

Star Lotulelei- 6-3 320- Utah

Kawann Short- 6-3 315- Purdue

John Jenkins- 6-3 358- Georgia

*Johnathan Hankins- 6-3 320- Ohio State

*Bennie Logan- 6-3 295- LSU

DE:

Devin Taylor- 6-7 267- South Carolina

Michael Buchanan- 6-5 240- Illinois

Kapron Lewis-Moore- 6-4 306- ND

Margus Hunt- 6-7 280- SMU

Dion Jordan- 6-6 243- Oregon

John Simon- 6-2 260- Ohio State

Walter Stewart- 6-5 249- Cincinnati *ADDED 9/7*

Dan Giordano- 6-3 260- Cincinnati *ADDED 9/7*

*Sam Montgomery- 6-5 260- LSU

*Bjoern Werner- 6-4 256- FSU

*William Gholston- 6-6 278- Mich St

*Jackson Jeffcoat- 6-5 245- Texas

*James Gayle- 6-4 268- VT

ILB:

Manti Te’o- 6-2 255- ND

Shayne Skov- 6-3 242- Stanford

Nico Johnson- 6-2 245- Alabama

OLB:

Brandon Jenkins- 6-3 260- FSU

Chase Thomas- 6-4 248- Stanford

Barkevious Mingo- 6-4 240- LSU

CB:

Johnathan Banks- 6-1 185- Miss St

Terry Hawthorne- 6-0 190- Illinios

Micah Hyde- 6-1 190- Iowa

Jordan Poyer- 5-11 190- Oregon St

*Dee Milliner- 6-1 198- Alabama

*David Amerson- 6-2 194- NC St

*Xavier Rhodes- 6-1 217- FSU

*Logan Ryan- 6-0 190- Rutgers

*Bennett Jackson- 6-0 185- ND

*Tharold Simon- 6-2 193- LSU

S:

Robert Lester- 6-2 212- Alabama

Kenny Vaccaro- 6-1 218- Texas

TJ McDonald- 6-2 205- USC

John Boyett- 5-10 205- Oregon

Bacarri Rambo- 5-10 205- Georgia

Jordan Kovacs- 5-11 202- Michigan

Zeke Motta- 6-2 215- ND *ADDED 9/18*

Ray Ray Armstrong- 6-3 216- Miami *Dismissed from The U, denied NAIA eligibility*

Drew Frey- 6-3 212- Cincinnati

Jamoris Slaughter- 6-0 200- ND

Prentiss Wagner- 6-2 184- Tenn

*Matt Elam- 5-10 202- Florida

*Craig Loston- 6-2 205- LSU

*Eric Reid- 6-2 212- LSU

*Tony Jeffrson- 5-11 212- Oklahoma

*CJ Barnett- 6-0 202- OSU

*Denotes Underclassmen

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Was surprised to see that Ras-I played zero defensive snaps vs. Arizona... this moves CB up on my list a bit and prob moves 'Bama CB Dee Milliner into the top overall slot on my board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nd beats msu and handily

flodria beats tennessee

HELL YEAH

[/QUOTE]

I agree alot of upsets yesterday. Utah almost lost theirs to BYU at the end when everyone ran on the field before the play was dead so BYU got to retry a FG but missed.

It was nice to see Manti and the Irish come away with a win! I really like this guy and I think he'll be going very early in the draft for sure

LeVeon Bell was impressive despite being held to 77 yards. I think he has good field vision and can move well for his size.

I thought Cierre Wood would be rusty but he made some nice cuts and runs against a good D.

Also Eifert's blocking ability is impressive. Michigan St. was gameplanning for him big time in the passing game, so he was a major decoy.

I only caught those 2 games yesterday because I was at Troy's Hall of Fame Induction, which just made it even more of a great day!

[/QUOTE]

Bell is strikingly similar to Blount, IMO... has similar size and has a habit of hurdling potential tacklers.

Agree on Eiferts ability as a blocker, kid as the size, athleticism and want to, to be very effective in this area.

I too thought Cierre Wood ran with some conviction (was happy to see him back), was particularly impressed with his run in the 4th quarter off edge where he stiff armed a would be tackler and essentially drove him into the ground.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Not much to see last night between Boise St and BYU. Friel was held without a catch but he did seem to have decent speed. Overall it was just a low scoring defensive game.

Some really good matchups on this weekend: 11 Notre Dame vs 18 Michigan

6 Oklahoma vs 15 Kansas St.

4  Florida St. vs 10 Clemson

The problem is, they're all on at about the same time so my thumb is gonna be exhausted from working the remote.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this beast but Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah OLB/DE BYU he's already getting compared to JPP.  He's a raw player, only playing football for his 2nd year.  Converted track star that's learning the game but raw talent he's a beast.  He's said to be able to run a 4.3 40 at 6'6" 270 lbs.

A guy like this on the other side of Jones could be huge. 

[/QUOTE]

Pats,
    Turned on the BYU/Boise State game for a few min last night and saw this big athletic kid get a sack, they said his name (believe Jesse Palmer called him a track star) Ziggy Ansah and I'm thinking, where have I seen/heard that name before... and I remembered it was your post... good call... def a kid to keep an eye on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Happy Friday, Boys!

I'm gonna try and provide a prospect profile for as many players as I can during the season, will update as more tape/info becomes available... My first was DE/OLB Dion Jordan (6-6 243) Oregon, next was WR Ryan Swope (6-206) Texas A&M, I'll now move back to:  DE

Prospect Profile

DE- Bjoern Werner- 6-4 260 (Junior)

Positives:

*Good size and athleticism

*Gets on the snap quickly

*Plays with good leverage

*Strong at the POA

*Has some stack and shed ability

*Very good power and hand use

*Heads up defender with good awareness

*Looks assignment sound

*Big motor (A common theme amongst the players I choose to profile)

Negatives:

*Doesn't yet display a large repertoire of pass rush moves (hoping to view more tape of him to see if this remains consistent)

Projection:

It’s early, but this is one of my favorite players in this class
    .  Only a junior (and still relatively new to the sport having started at 15), the kid flashed last year when I saw him vs. Oklahoma and of course in their bowl game vs. ND.  Simply put, the kid gets after it… he doesn’t get the hype of Brandon Jenkins, but this kid is just as capable of making plays behind the LOS (7 sacks, 11 TFL last season, already has 6.5 sack and 9 TFL this season, granted they’ve played a light schedule to date, but he’s dominating who he SHOULD dominate) and after watching a few interviews with him, he comes off, IMO, as extremely competitive with a passion for the game which I think BB/NC will notice… could they bring in another big German import?  I see a top 50 talent here with plenty of Rd 1 upside.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Not much to see last night between Boise St and BYU. Friel was held without a catch but he did seem to have decent speed. Overall it was just a low scoring defensive game.

The problem is, they're all on at about the same time so my thumb is gonna be exhausted from working the remote.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Let me know what you think of FSU' DE Bjoern Werner if you get a look at him... I think you'll like what you see... kid would look awesome across from Chandler.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Was surprised to see that Ras-I played zero defensive snaps vs. Arizona... this moves CB up on my list a bit and prob moves 'Bama CB Dee Milliner into the top overall slot on my board.

[/QUOTE]

re cb: glad to have you join me sir :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    hc,
    rooting for michingan, state, and state

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Let me know what you think of FSU' DE Bjoern Werner if you get a look at him... I think you'll like what you see... kid would look awesome across from Chandler.

[/QUOTE]

would you rahter have a futue wilfork or a cahndler tandem. as love improves wwe might be ok there and go for teh chandler tandem instead??? and cb and o line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i actaully would prefer if you remember picking up a top tier free agent cb. Our choosing has been crap

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

[/QUOTE]

would you rahter have a futue wilfork or a cahndler tandem. as love improves wwe might be ok there and go for teh chandler tandem instead??? and cb and o line.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them bookend Chandler with another potential stud... Nink has his role but he's certainly upgradable... DT Jesse Williams is another kid that I've been high on since post draft 2012.  Brandon Jenkins, Werner's bookend at FSU, may also come as a value as he'll miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Werner, IMO, looks like a bigger, longer version of Brooks Reed and looks to have better athleticism, but the same "you'll have to kill me to stop me" motor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am buying in on star lotololo or whatever is last name is. i think he's only going to get stronger. the motor on this 320 lber is the quickest i've seen in a while. he moves like a good 280 lb 4-3 DE.

k short is fine, but he's no star L

also like the ansah kid from byu

if nwe will be in the market for a fb, i like the hewitt kid from stanford. he's got a big te body (6-4, 248) but a fb mentality and hands of a decent catching rb.

Sections
Shortcuts