[QUOTE]

Dee Milliner solidified his top 15 selection

[/QUOTE]

for sure, as if he needed to

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

included in 2013 draft pats 2013 # 1 for #1 of team the braintrust (aka bb) and or teh psychics, predict to have the most losses in 2013 for AJ Mcarren or our 2014 #1 for 2015 #1 pick of 2114 worst team to get johnny manziel?

who do you like more?

mccaren has IT and can make all the throws

manziel has IT + (as in A+), makes the throws and runs his @ss off (which means he could get hurt, though he never gets hit bad. hes like gretsky knowing where everyone is at all times).

I love both these guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

OK.  If either Warmack (Highly doubtful) or Barrett Jones make it to our 1st round pick, I'd love to see BB pull this trigger on either one.  Both guys look to be really solid O-Linemen for years to come and both would be a great investment.  Jesse Williams looked very powerful until he got hurt late, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pats uni either.  It is hard not to like all of the "Bama prospects after last night.  Is McCarron coming out this year?  If he is he really improved his draft stock last night. 

Now for the ugly.  ND had a game to forget, obviously.  I hate to judge guys based off of one game, but when it is the biggest game of the year on a national stage I think it's fair to analyze guys more.  These are the games when great players need to play like it, and sadly Te'o looked pretty bad last night.  Now I'm not a ND fan at all, never will be, but before last night I really though Te'o was great.  I thought he was was worthy of a Top 20 pick.  Love the kid and love his story.  With that being said, he got owned last night.  I can't count how many tackles he missed, and he looked like he was trying to arm tackle all night.  He looked a step slow and I really think his draft stock could slide pretty drastically due to last night.  He could very well be available late 1st round, but I wouldn't want to touch him there.  We'll see how it shakes out, but he looks like a 2nd rounder to me at this point.  On a positive note, MB's safety #17 (Motta?) was all over the place in the early part of the game, when the Irish still had some fight left.  He was beaten in coverage quite a bit througout the night, but I liked how he finished plays and he was one of the few guys with a gold helmet who looked like he wanted to compete.  I liked what I saw from him, and think he would make a fine mid-round selection.  Eifert was hard to get a read on, as he didn't have much of an opportunity.  I know the kid can play.  He has great height and great hands, but I question his ability to block NFL D-Linemen.  He looks a little lean.  Either way, he didn't hurt himself last night and should be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dee Milliner solidified his top 15 selection

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree.  He played tight coverage all night and set up that pick early in the 2nd half with the batted ball.  Great looking CB prospect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

That Tide O LIne was dominant. There could be a few players (Warmack, Jones, Fluker) that improved their stock so much that they probably won't be there at pick#32. I, like most, love Jones' versatility.

Just an observation, but the Tide program is starting to look like the Miami program; just good NFL prospects all over the place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just don't like taking a RG in the 1st. You can find pro-bowl RG's outside the 1st so why spend high on one of the least important positions on the OL? Now mid-late 2nd is a different story. I'd be happy to trade that 1st's back into the mid 2nd and grabbing a G then. Also, don't fall in love with LG's and think they can make the move to RG. Not a lot of G's can do that. Drafting a LG and expecting them to start at RG might never happen. For example Light was a pro-bowl LT but was a horrible RT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just don't like taking a RG in the 1st. You can find pro-bowl RG's outside the 1st so why spend high on one of the least important positions on the OL? Now mid-late 2nd is a different story. I'd be happy to trade that 1st's back into the mid 2nd and grabbing a G then. Also, don't fall in love with LG's and think they can make the move to RG. Not a lot of G's can do that. Drafting a LG and expecting them to start at RG might never happen. For example Light was a pro-bowl LT but was a horrible RT

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only drawback to drafting Jones/Warmack in the first round.  NE has had a ton of success finding and developing very good interior OL later in the draft so it is hard to justify spending a premuium pick on one.  I'd still like the move to draft either guy late 1st though because it is pretty much a low risk, slam dunk pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK.  If either Warmack (Highly doubtful) or Barrett Jones make it to our 1st round pick, I'd love to see BB pull this trigger on either one.  Both guys look to be really solid O-Linemen for years to come and both would be a great investment.  Jesse Williams looked very powerful until he got hurt late, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Pats uni either.  It is hard not to like all of the "Bama prospects after last night.  Is McCarron coming out this year?  If he is he really improved his draft stock last night. 

Now for the ugly.  ND had a game to forget, obviously.  I hate to judge guys based off of one game, but when it is the biggest game of the year on a national stage I think it's fair to analyze guys more.  These are the games when great players need to play like it, and sadly Te'o looked pretty bad last night.  Now I'm not a ND fan at all, never will be, but before last night I really though Te'o was great.  I thought he was was worthy of a Top 20 pick.  Love the kid and love his story.  With that being said, he got owned last night.  I can't count how many tackles he missed, and he looked like he was trying to arm tackle all night.  He looked a step slow and I really think his draft stock could slide pretty drastically due to last night.  He could very well be available late 1st round, but I wouldn't want to touch him there.  We'll see how it shakes out, but he looks like a 2nd rounder to me at this point.  On a positive note, MB's safety #17 (Motta?) was all over the place in the early part of the game, when the Irish still had some fight left.  He was beaten in coverage quite a bit througout the night, but I liked how he finished plays and he was one of the few guys with a gold helmet who looked like he wanted to compete.  I liked what I saw from him, and think he would make a fine mid-round selection.  Eifert was hard to get a read on, as he didn't have much of an opportunity.  I know the kid can play.  He has great height and great hands, but I question his ability to block NFL D-Linemen.  He looks a little lean.  Either way, he didn't hurt himself last night and should be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

[/QUOTE]

aj said hes going back to school

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That Tide O LIne was dominant. There could be a few players (Warmack, Jones, Fluker) that improved their stock so much that they probably won't be there at pick#32. I, like most, love Jones' versatility.

Just an observation, but the Tide program is starting to look like the Miami program; just good NFL prospects all over the place.

[/QUOTE]

"the Tide program is starting to look like the Miami program"
    exactly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

" just don't like taking a RG in the 1st. You can find pro-bowl RG's outside the 1st so why spend high on one of the least important positions on the OL"

agreed. same wth o line in general.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Warmack will be out of range, IMO... but I think Jones and Jon Cooper could be available.  Williams is the top player on my board, so I'd love that pick.

Agree, Motta played is azs off, physical kid who's not afraid to attack the LOS.  Not a perfect player and doesn't have a ton of experience, but yes, I think he'll be a solid player for somebody as a Rd 3-5 pick.

Agree that Te'o's stock could take a hit... though a good showing in the SB (assuming he participates) could alleviate concern, I mean this kid has been an excellent player for (4) years, so it's tough to crush him for a (1) bad game, be it the most important of his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

ND TE Tyler Eifert to declare for the draft:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/post-bcs-loss-tyler-eifert-declares-for-the-draft/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Warmack will be out of range, IMO... but I think Jones and Jon Cooper could be available.  Williams is the top player on my board, so I'd love that pick.

Agree, Motta played is azs off, physical kid who's not afraid to attack the LOS.  Not a perfect player and doesn't have a ton of experience, but yes, I think he'll be a solid player for somebody as a Rd 3-5 pick.

Agree that Te'o's stock could take a hit... though a good showing in the SB (assuming he participates) could alleviate concern, I mean this kid has been an excellent player for (4) years, so it's tough to crush him for a (1) bad game, be it the most important of his career.

[/QUOTE]

doing the whole heisman thing has taken a lout out of a lto of players (not to mention his losses). im sure he can regain tread

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/post-bcs-loss-tyler-eifert-declares-for-the-draft/

[/QUOTE]

I would not be opposed to taking this kid if no better options are there.  With Gronk and Hern seldom healthy at the same time another quality TE would really do nicely.  I would love to see what he could do in 3 TE sets.  Can you imagine the mis-matches this would create?  I don't think the Pats are happy with Fells. 

I actually think our OL is pretty solid and deep.  Thomas and McDonald appear solid back-ups on the inside with Cannon possible at G.  I actually think OT is a bigger need than interior OL if Vollmer doesn't resign or continues to have back problems as there is nothing behind Cannon and nobody to back up Solder on the left side.  

To be clear, I am not advocating for Eifert over other choices, I'm just saying I could see how he would fit in and make our offense deeper and more lethal. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Hey Mb, my condolences.  At least ND played them even after 2.5 quarters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would not be opposed to taking this kid if no better options are there.  With Gronk and Hern seldom healthy at the same time another quality TE would really do nicely.  I would love to see what he could do in 3 TE sets.  Can you imagine the mis-matches this would create?  I don't think the Pats are happy with Fells. 

I actually think our OL is pretty solid and deep.  Thomas and McDonald appear solid back-ups on the inside with Cannon possible at G.  I actually think OT is a bigger need than interior OL if Vollmer doesn't resign or continues to have back problems as there is nothing behind Cannon and nobody to back up Solder on the left side.  

To be clear, I am not advocating for Eifert over other choices, I'm just saying I could see how he would fit in and make our offense deeper and more lethal. 

[/QUOTE]

hey faucet, are you forgetting ballard. we already have the 3 (and hooman in reserve).

but be hard to complain about a potential future pro bowler

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah bama de lost some enthusiasm at the end.

still a good year for nd

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey faucet, are you forgetting ballard. we already have the 3 (and hooman in reserve).

[/QUOTE]

Yes I forgot about Ballard.  Good call.  Strike my last comment, lol.  Offensively it would be hard to argue we "need" anyone if Welker, Vollmer, and Woodhead return.  However, with a deep WR class, we ought to target one with our 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

Is there a consensus as to what our top need is this year on this thread?  I want to say SS.  I was going to say ILB but Fletcher should be back.  Maybe DE but we are loaded with some young players and Ninko had a pretty solid year.  If Talib is re-signed, I like he and Dennard but would not rule out another corner since Arrington is free and Dowling can't get on the field.  McCourty needs to stay at FS.  He could be an elite player there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

still a good year for nd

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't want to rain on the parade of our ND fans on here but I saw this coming.  But be heartened.  They lost by the same score NE beat Houston by in week 14.  So maybe that's a good omen for those of us who follow the SEC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes I forgot about Ballard.  Good call.  Strike my last comment, lol.  Offensively it would be hard to argue we "need" anyone if Welker, Vollmer, and Woodhead return.  However, with a deep WR class, we ought to target one with our 2nd or 3rd rounder. 

Is there a consensus as to what our top need is this year on this thread?  I want to say SS.  I was going to say ILB but Fletcher should be back.  Maybe DE but we are loaded with some young players and Ninko had a pretty solid year.  If Talib is re-signed, I like he and Dennard but would not rule out another corner since Arrington is free and Dowling can't get on the field.  McCourty needs to stay at FS.  He could be an elite player there.

[/QUOTE]

"However, with a deep WR class, we ought to target one with our 2nd or 3rd rounder. "

thats exactly where i arrived. did you see what i put out so far on first 3 rd "stack".

i have top safety in fa j byrd or goldson, one of the many pass ruhsers available in fa, and maybe a speed lb.

big tough cb rhodes in rd 1, one of several big outside wrs i listed in rd 2, interior o line frederick in rd 3.

lots of other options i listed but this baed on what i expect to be available.

if ansah is available i take him.

if no fa additions yes ss safety who can cover well and pass rusher are at top along with g/c.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

still a good year for nd

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't want to rain on the parade of our ND fans on here but I saw this coming.  But be heartened.  They lost by the same score NE beat Houston by in week 14.  So maybe that's a good omen for those of us who follow the SEC.

[/QUOTE]

can you explain to another sec and pat fan the omen?

by the way, i love how some are saying ohio state should ahve been in that game. teh same ohio state who barely beat indiana. see below. 

Ohio State vs. Indiana 2012 final score: Buckeyes hold off Hoosier comeback, 52-49

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be opposed either but only if they were planning to move Hern to full time WR instead of drafting one. If you include Ballard they have 5 strong TE's. Though Hou and Fells aren't really pass catchers Ballard is. Hou might not be back next year but you still have a huge log jam at that position. Adding another TE wouldn't work well so you have to move one of them. Not sure I'd spend a 1st on Eifert unless you planned on running primarily a 2 TE set with Hern being a full time WR and Eifert and Gronk being your starters.