***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

We could be right back in the same boat as we have been in year's past if Talib isn't signed. Meaning, cb remains a priority and one bb might look to draft again in round 1.

yes, Dennard has played well, and if you pencil him in as 1 starter, assuming bb keeps mccourty at safety because this is his best position, and Arrington/cole used in the slot and in nickel dime, we have 1 cb to fill and need a legit starting quality one. signing Talib is a must. If not, I,will look for bb to go cb early. Xavier Rhodes anyone? Has Talib size and god knows we need a big cb to match up against those big wr's.

the whole welker situation is interesting too. if we franchise him again, which I think we will, that ties up a ton of cash. With bb bringing on Ballard, assuming he is ready next year, could this make Wes expendable? Basically we could move Hern, Edelman or demps to slot. Hern would probably give us the least drop off, but still is not welker. However, it saves a ton of cash bb could invest back in the defense. He could then go grab Byrd, gholdson, or maybe a fa DT, or spread it around a bit. 

I know we have othcon contract concerns, but those 2 I think will dictate what bb does. I see vollmer resigned, and I don't think we go OL early in this draft. Who else are priority resigns?

so, if we don't resign Talib, I think bb goes cb early once again. My pick is Rhodes, or maybe a trade up. 

At the end of the day, bb franchises Wes for another year. Wes just makes this offense go, and bb needs another year to figure it out. I could however see the pats draft a WR to start the grooming process and take over branch in year 1. So, that would leave us with Wes, Lloyd, Hern, Gronk, Ballard, demps, possibly Edelman, and a draftee to groom. 

Bb doesn't shell out cash for a safety In FA. At least not Byrd or gholdson money. Gregory has been underwhelming, but okay. wilson moves to 3rd on depth chart with Chung departure. This all depends on what they think of Gregory going forward. If he isn't in the plans next year, and Wilson is capable of starting next to mccourty, then safety moves down on priority list But not too far. They still need a capable backup or two. 

Like PatsEng and others, I want bb to beef up the interior of the DL. add a big body next to Vince and use love and deaderick as quality depth. As much as I want bb to draft a DL, I think he passes. I think he will grab some depth in FA or later rounds of the draft, but will ride love and deaderick into next year Starting next to Vince. If we had a few more picks this year in early rounds, I would actually look to package and move up high for Star Lotelei. He next to vinice would be unstoppable, plus, he is perfect to replace Vince when he hangs it up. 

i have rhodes AND talib

AND a fa safety and de pass rusher (7 or so to choose from)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

We could be right back in the same boat as we have been in year's past if Talib isn't signed. Meaning, cb remains a priority and one bb might look to draft again in round 1.

yes, Dennard has played well, and if you pencil him in as 1 starter, assuming bb keeps mccourty at safety because this is his best position, and Arrington/cole used in the slot and in nickel dime, we have 1 cb to fill and need a legit starting quality one. signing Talib is a must. If not, I,will look for bb to go cb early. Xavier Rhodes anyone? Has Talib size and god knows we need a big cb to match up against those big wr's.

the whole welker situation is interesting too. if we franchise him again, which I think we will, that ties up a ton of cash. With bb bringing on Ballard, assuming he is ready next year, could this make Wes expendable? Basically we could move Hern, Edelman or demps to slot. Hern would probably give us the least drop off, but still is not welker. However, it saves a ton of cash bb could invest back in the defense. He could then go grab Byrd, gholdson, or maybe a fa DT, or spread it around a bit. 

I know we have othcon contract concerns, but those 2 I think will dictate what bb does. I see vollmer resigned, and I don't think we go OL early in this draft. Who else are priority resigns?

so, if we don't resign Talib, I think bb goes cb early once again. My pick is Rhodes, or maybe a trade up. 

At the end of the day, bb franchises Wes for another year. Wes just makes this offense go, and bb needs another year to figure it out. I could however see the pats draft a WR to start the grooming process and take over branch in year 1. So, that would leave us with Wes, Lloyd, Hern, Gronk, Ballard, demps, possibly Edelman, and a draftee to groom. 

Bb doesn't shell out cash for a safety In FA. At least not Byrd or gholdson money. Gregory has been underwhelming, but okay. wilson moves to 3rd on depth chart with Chung departure. This all depends on what they think of Gregory going forward. If he isn't in the plans next year, and Wilson is capable of starting next to mccourty, then safety moves down on priority list But not too far. They still need a capable backup or two. 

Like PatsEng and others, I want bb to beef up the interior of the DL. add a big body next to Vince and use love and deaderick as quality depth. As much as I want bb to draft a DL, I think he passes. I think he will grab some depth in FA or later rounds of the draft, but will ride love and deaderick into next year Starting next to Vince. If we had a few more picks this year in early rounds, I would actually look to package and move up high for Star Lotelei. He next to vinice would be unstoppable, plus, he is perfect to replace Vince when he hangs it up. 

lifer looks like you havent been staying uo on the thread. 

been posting rhodes as teh pick we should get for a few weeks (if we follow my plan on de and safety in fa).

looks like you have the same ideas i posted (goldson or byrd, rhodes, big outside wr in draft in draft, and interior o line), except i see pass ruashing de as higher need than dt (though id love that too obviously).

did you really come to all these same conclusions ive been posting here?

i guess keen minds think alike.

i also started with dt as one of needs, but noit enough picks to get that too. so i conclude same as you, love dead, adn maybe a scrap heap pickup. 

at an earlier point i too advocated moving up with 2014 picks. still open to that. 

basically want to draft 3 studs i dont care about having less picks next year. we already are 2nd youndest def  in nfl.

howeva, star looks to be picked between in teh first handful of picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Morning, PL.

Or atleast on Day 2… There’s some good talent and depth in this CB class if they’re looking to address the need, below are a few kids that I like:

ü  Rutgers CB Logan Ryan,

ü  Oregon St CB Jordan Poyer

ü  Rhodes as you and Bred have metioned,

ü  Louisiana Lafayette CB Melvin White (6-3 191) (Ricky’s boy)

ü  Iowa CB Micah Hyde (PE also likes)

I too am of the belief that they need to retain Welker, franchising if you have to, he’s just too important to the offense.  I’d also like to see them draft and develop a kid, below are a few kids that I feel are great fits for what NE likes to do offensively and are high on my board:

ü  Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins

ü  USC WR Robert Woods

ü  Tex A&M WR Ryan Swope

ü  Duke WR Conner Vernon

I’d love to see them address DT with one of the kids below in Rds 1-2 :

ü  Alabama DT Jesse Williams

ü  Georgia DT John Jenkins (PE’s Boy)

ü  UNC DT Sylvester Williams

If they go the S route on Day 1-2, give me one of the below:

ü  Florida S Matt Elam

ü  Texas S Kenny Vaccaro

ü  Georgia S Shawn Williams

ü  South Carolina S DeVonte Holloman

·         Eric Reid and Philip Thomas are also intriguing, but are a little too inconsistent in the tackling dept. for me.

Bottom line is, I think there’s some solid depth/talent as potential positions of need if NE decides to go this route.

yeah but wew only have 1 rd 1 pick

jenkins was my guy long before pe chimed in on him. 

its just my priorities dont allow me to get the dt too (along with the big, fast  tough cb in rd 1)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Faucetman's comment:

Lifer,

Welker is going to be tagged again, I'm 99.5% sure.  He could be tagged in 2013 and 2014 and still earn only an average of $12.5MM which is far less than he could get on the open market.  So, I'm considering Welker back in the fold for the next two years, next year certainly.

After Welker the top F/As are as follows.  The ones not listed can be replaced and are not critical:

Vollmer

Talib

Woodhead

Edelman

Chung

Arrington

Chung is restricted so it may be cost effective to keep him. If we keep Chung we have Ebner, McCourty and Greggory.  If we add an Elam or Reid or someone in the draft then one of these guys becomes expendible.

As you mention Ballard and Demps will be back but so will Dowling (who you didn't mention).  We need to keep Talib but hopefully Dowling can finally stay healthy but I'm not counting on it.  I agree that a big physical corner like Rhodes would make a ton of sense but I don't know that he makes it to the back of round 1.

I actually think for the first time that I've been following the draft that we don't have any obvious holes assuming we get our top guys back and can really go BPA this year with our top 3 picks.  This makes predicting even more impossible than ever.

We are not drafting for immediate starters, rather for depth and the future.

chung i have as gone, arringotn maybe too, or very low 1 mil type (one of worst cbsin league).

ther than that im in agreement 

i offewr wes 5 yerars about 6 mil per and hall of fame opportunity (along with staying wiht his buddy brady and super bowls) that or tag.

faucet, 13 ids the last year we can tag welker

i dont mention dowling becasue he si good for depth but at this point you cant count on him being healthy and being in top form. if hes healthy and palying great at the end of the year, great we have depth. 

great conversation man!

i disagree with your last thought.

i only want to draft starters, why im willing to move up if need be with a 2014 pick

after my free agents byrd/goldson, de pass rusher, maybe sped lb

rhodes

whover is left of the big outside wrs, o line frederick or my backup.

if no fa's 

vaccaro in rd 1, de (whover is left hunt?) in 2, o line in 3.

or

or de ansah in rd 1, o line in 2, rambo in 3.

(i lose the big cb and the wr option if no free agents so i dont like that)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

waIn response to bredbru's comment:

Morning, PL.

Or atleast on Day 2… There’s some good talent and depth in this CB class if they’re looking to address the need, below are a few kids that I like:

I too am of the belief that they need to retain Welker, franchising if you have to, he’s just too important to the offense.  I’d also like to see them draft and develop a kid, below are a few kids that I feel are great fits for what NE likes to do offensively and are high on my board:

ü  USC WR Robert Woods

ü  Tex A&M WR Ryan Swope

ü  Duke WR Conner Vernon

ü  Florida S Matt Elam

ü  Texas S Kenny Vaccaro

·         Eric Reid and Philip Thomas are also intriguing, but are a little too inconsistent in the tackling dept. for me.

Bottom line is, I think there’s some solid depth/talent as potential positions of need if NE decides to go this route.

its just my priorities dont allow me to get the dt too (along with the big, fast  tough cb in rd 1)

I know they only have (1) Rd 1 pick and I still have Jesse Williams at the top of my board, followed by Elam, Cooper, Montgomery, Vaccaro and Jones.  Rhodes is another kid that I'd be happy with on day 1 or 2.

Believe 7393 was the first to put Jenkins on his "Want List", but PE has talked him up the most, starting back at the end of Sept.... BTW, know where 7393's been?

I'm still of the belief that NE can go with BPA in Rd 1, don't have a clear position of priority at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Not gonnay lie, this was stressing me out, ha.  I was already thinking about who they'd target if he were to leave for Philly and outside of their own coordinators (DC Bob Diaco / OC Chuck Martin), Charlie Strong  was the first name that came to mind... he's done an awesome job at Louisville, can recruite the south and coached at ND from 95-98.  I also had Vandy's James Franklin high on my list as he's done very good job there and has plenty of experience recruiting to a school with education restrictions.

Glad BK is staying, can't wait for 2013!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wanted to bring a new name to the board.

South Carolina S DeVonte Holloman is a kid that I think could be a real asset to an NFL team.  As a 6-2 235 S, he has LB size and DB movement ability and matches up well against big athletic TE's, he's also very good vs. the run with the ability to take on/stack/shed blockers to make a play... I also like his instincts (around the football a lot), his ability to play down in the box and his quality SEC experience, ranking in South Carolina's top 5 in tackes that last (3) seasons, but playing since he was a freshman.

Could be a solid pick on Day 2, maybe early Day 3.

Hey MB, I like how you added this kid! I saw him a bit this year and was impressed. Could be that S/LB hybrid that BB has always been looking for 

Hey man, yeah, def like that the kid has proven his ability as a full-time safety at that size.  Agreed on the hybrid part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

waIn response to bredbru's comment:

Morning, PL.

ü  USC WR Robert Woods

ü  Tex A&M WR Ryan Swope

ü  Duke WR Conner Vernon

ü  Florida S Matt Elam

ü  Texas S Kenny Vaccaro

I know they only have (1) Rd 1 pick and I still have Jesse Williams at the top of my board, followed by Elam, Cooper, Montgomery, Vaccaro and Jones.  Rhodes is another kid that I'd be happy with on day 1 or 2.

Believe 7393 was the first to put Jenkins on his "Want List", but PE has talked him up the most, starting back at the end of Sept.... BTW, know where 7393's been?

I'm still of the belief that NE can go with BPA in Rd 1, don't have a clear position of priority at this point.

hear ya. gues i may have missed that.  thought i was the only one till recently.

thanks for setting record st8

no i havent seen 73 for a little while

thought you were saying you wanted both and (ie one of each grouping)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Not gonnay lie, this was stressing me out, ha.  I was already thinking about who they'd target if he were to leave for Philly and outside of their own coordinators (DC Bob Diaco / OC Chuck Martin), Charlie Strong  was the first name that came to mind... he's done an awesome job at Louisville, can recruite the south and coached at ND from 95-98.  I also had Vandy's James Franklin high on my list as he's done very good job there and has plenty of experience recruiting to a school with education restrictions.

did you read my posts here and thread first announcing his interview and my thoughts on it.

it happend in secret, but when he left without the job, seemed obvious he was working nd for years and money. if he wanted eagles gig, he would have had it.

i wanted him to leave (as in i respect him and dont want nd to have him :)

but no, dont want you to have my sec coaches (not the good ones :)

strong especially.

no lousville is not sec, but strong just left sec. wish florida hired him instead of muschamp. muschamp can recruit, but strong can coach. 

by the way mb, never got a congrats from ya on the bama win (woulda been comng your way if youd pulled out the win).

happy manning, rogers elimination saturday!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

did you read my posts here and thread first announcing his interview and my thoughts on it.

it happend in secret, but when he left without the job, seemed obvious he was working nd for years and money. if he wanted eagles gig, he would have had it.

strong especially.

no lousville is not sec, but strong just left sec. wish florida hired him instead of muschamp. muschamp can recruit, but strong can coach. 

by the way mb, never got a congrats from ya on the bama win (woulda been comng your way if youd pulled out the win).

I subscribe to (2) ND sites, so was following the situation very closely... havne't really commented on it as we don't really know what's going on, or how interested each party really is.  It was mentioned on the ND sites that a bigger contract for himself (as most assumed), more money for his assistants, the installation of field turf (I prefer natural grass), the installation of a "Jumbotron" and a reduction of academic restrictions were all points of contention... we'll prob never know.

You're a proclaimed Gator fan, not a Bama fan. 

Impressive win for Baltimore, hopefully we'll see them in Foxboro next weekend!  I see Seattle beating ATL tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

strong especially.

I subscribe to (2) ND sites, so was following the situation very closely... havne't really commented on it as we don't really know what's going on, or how interested each party really is.  It was mentioned on the ND sites that a bigger contract for himself (as most assumed), more money for his assistants, the installation of field turf (I prefer natural grass), the installation of a "Jumbotron" and a reduction of academic restrictions were all points of contention... we'll prob never know.

Impressive win for Baltimore, hopefully we'll see them in Foxboro next weekend!  I see Seattle beating ATL tomorrow.

thanks for nd website stuff.

jsut wondered if you saw my post bout it. none of nd lovers or haters or even college fans joined in the discussion i started bout it.

pulling for seattle to win the next 2.

re balt, es if we win and take care of biz

ive been a loud sec fan since ive been on this board (and well before that). i am from florida (from R.I.), but root for any of my bretheren [sec and florida teams] when they are having a good year (even against any other sec team) it's a family thing. sec is family. 

i dont "own" the alabama team, but was rooting for them; thereby, id give congrats if it the situation was reversed. its just good sportsmanship.

by the way, hope there are no hard feelings us rooting on opposite sides in college football. 

its just sports and fun. even when a friend is on the opposite side.

again, happy sat 

and good on you keeping your nd coach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

strong especially.

jsut wondered if you saw my post bout it. none of nd lovers or haters or even college fans joined in the discussion i started bout it.

re baly, es if we win and take care of biz

ive been a loud sec fan since ive been on this board (and well before that). i am from florida (from R.I.), but root for any of my bretheren [sec and florida teams] when they are having a good year (even against any other sec team) it's a family thing. sec is family.

by the way, hope there are no hard feelings us rooting on opposite sides in college football. 

again, happy sat 

Nah, no hard feelings at all, that's part of following the sport... I was always a Big Ten fan (particularly Michigan) as a kid, remember watching them every week, still like the conference, but Florida has always been a team of interest to me and I'd consider them my 2nd favorite college team, though a distant 2nd from ND.

Happy Sat, hopefully we're celebrating tomorrow night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but Georgia DT Kwame Geathers will declare for the draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21527761/report-georgia-dl-kwame-geathers-declares-for-nfl-draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

strong especially.

again, happy sat 

Nah, no hard feelings at all, that's part of following the sport... I was always a Big Ten fan (particularly Michigan) as a kid, remember watching them every week, still like the conference, but Florida has always been a team of interest to me and I'd consider them my 2nd favorite college team, though a distant 2nd from ND.

damn thats teh first time id heard that. has that been on the down low?

what drew you to fl and when.

excellent day.

looking forward to tomorrow.

do you agree with what i said about strong vs muschamp?

too bad meyers health issue came up.

oh well.

hurts to see him  coaching for big 10 (for me as an sec fan and when he was  savior who brought 2 championships).  i cant wish him as well in the big 10.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

strong especially.

again, happy sat 

damn thats teh first time id heard that. has that been on the down low?

what drew you to fl and when.

excellent day.

looking forward to tomorrow.

do you agree with what i said about strong vs muschamp?

too bad meyers health issue came up.

oh well.

hurts to see him is coaching for big 10 (for me as an sec fan and when he was  savior who brought 2 championships).  i cant wish him as well in the big 10.

Like their mascot "Gators", cool atmosphere at "The Swamp", have had a lot of good players, like the uni's etc.

IMO, both Muschamp and Strong are good coaches and recruiters (both recruite Florida well), though right now Strong is doing more with less... but is strong (no pun intended) at the right position (i.e. QB Teddy Bridgewater).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I'm not as big a ND fan as you but I'm with you on the stressing out! haha In the back of my mind I thought he was trying to get a pay raise (which he deserves) from ND by interviewing with the Eagles but it had me worried especially with this recruiting class coming in. (Btw wasn't sure if you heard the good news about Max Redfield committing? Ranked #3 at safety in this class I believe

Strong would be a great hire if BK left along with Diaco or Martin. I don't know too much about Franklin but he seems to have Vanderbilt headed in the right direction.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Quick question.

Who, likely to be on the board at 32 and/or 64, could project to beat out any of our current starters by Week 1-8?

I don't see it.  This draft is for depth and future so I would not be shocked to see BB trade back and out as much as possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm not as big a ND fan as you but I'm with you on the stressing out! haha In the back of my mind I thought he was trying to get a pay raise (which he deserves) from ND by interviewing with the Eagles but it had me worried especially with this recruiting class coming in. (Btw wasn't sure if you heard the good news about Max Redfield committing? Ranked #3 at safety in this class I believe

Strong would be a great hire if BK left along with Diaco or Martin. I don't know too much about Franklin but he seems to have Vanderbilt headed in the right direction.

Redfield was a huge get!  Even better that they poached him away from SC!  I subscribe to (2) ND sites, so I follow their recruiting very closely, basically daily, ha.  Their current recruiting class is Top 3 and could end up #1 overall if they're able to get DT Eddie Vanderdoes (another former SC commit) off the left coast. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Hey all I was wondering what 5 schools did you watch the most of this year? I wasn't keeping track but my 5 are most likely

1. Notre Dame

2.Oregon

3. Alabama

4.Geogia

5.FSU or LSU (not sure who I watched more)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Redfield was a huge get!  Even better that they poached him away from SC!  I subscribe to (2) ND sites, so I follow their recruiting very closely, basically daily, ha.  Their current recruiting class is Top 3 and could end up #1 overall if they're able to get DT Eddie Vanderdoes (another former SC commit) off the left coast. 

+1 I'm glad Redfield chose ND with Motta leaving! I'll be a pig in #### if they get Vanderdoes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Quick question.

Who, likely to be on the board at 32 and/or 64, could project to beat out any of our current starters by Week 1-8?

I don't see it.  This draft is for depth and future so I would not be shocked to see BB trade back and out as much as possible.

If Jessie Williams or Jenkins is available, I could see them lining up next to Vince in week 1. At #64 I'm going by position instead of player and I would say SS? This is based on if they keep all their current starters

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Quick question.

I don't see it.  This draft is for depth and future so I would not be shocked to see BB trade back and out s much as possible.

At pick 32 (or the Top 40-50 if they trade back) I think some of the below kids could be available and could start Day 1 or very early on:

Jesse Williams, Jon Cooper, Matt Elam, Sam Montgomery Kenny Vacaro, Barrett Jones, John Jenkins, Logan Ryan, Jordan Poyer, John Banks, Xavier Rhodes, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods & Sylvester Willams.

Pick 64 is a bit more tricky, but a kid like Tank Carradine (assuming he's recovered by camp) could get starts early in the season... Rd 1 upside but a late season injury. OL Travis Frederick is another kid that should be off the board at some point in Rd 2 and could start early.  Kawaan Short is a kid with the natural ability to excel at the NFL level, but I continue to read about issues with his motor, which I can't stand, so from a skill set perpective in Rd 2, he's another name.

To your last point, I think a trade back is highly possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hey all I was wondering what 5 schools did you watch the most of this year? I wasn't keeping track but my 5 are most likely

1. Notre Dame

2.Oregon

3. Alabama

4.Geogia

5.FSU or LSU (not sure who I watched more)

Watched every ND game and basically whatever 3:30 SEC game was on CBS (I love uncle Verne!)... also watched most primetime night games, when ND was playing at that time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i notice walter now has margus hunt up to 29

have pats taking cooper at our pick (with montgomery still on the board)

passing on he, rhodes, hunter, jones

have warford up to 40.

guess what mb, thyy drop jesse williams all way down to 60,

to the pats

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Quick question.

I don't see it.  This draft is for depth and future so I would not be shocked to see BB trade back and out s much as possible.

At pick 32 (or the Top 40-50 if they trade back) I think some of the below kids could be available and could start Day 1 or very early on:

Jesse Williams, Jon Cooper, Matt Elam, Sam Montgomery Kenny Vacaro, Barrett Jones, John Jenkins, Logan Ryan, Jordan Poyer, John Banks, Xavier Rhodes, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods & Sylvester Willams.

Pick 64 is a bit more tricky, but a kid like Tank Carradine (assuming he's recovered by camp) could get starts early in the season... Rd 1 upside but a late season injury. OL Travis Frederick is another kid that should be off the board at some point in Rd 2 and could start early.  Kawaan Short is a kid with the natural ability to excel at the NFL level, but I continue to read about issues with his motor, which I can't stand, so from a skill set perpective in Rd 2, he's another name.

To your last point, I think a trade back is highly possible.

you beat me too it mb.

a top cb like rhodes woudl start, ditto safety vaccarro/elam, a top o  linemann should start, a top wr woudl start, ditto dt, and if we got that pass ruhser and or safety in fa would start.

i have us needing 5 starters faucet (cb, outside wr, o line, de, safety) and if we had more picks, dt

Sections
Shortcuts