In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not much to see last night between Boise St and BYU. Friel was held without a catch but he did seem to have decent speed. Overall it was just a low scoring defensive game.

Some really good matchups on this weekend: 11 Notre Dame vs 18 Michigan

6 Oklahoma vs 15 Kansas St.

4  Florida St. vs 10 Clemson

The problem is, they're all on at about the same time so my thumb is gonna be exhausted from working the remote.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Let me know what you think of FSU' DE Bjoern Werner if you get a look at him... I think you'll like what you see... kid would look awesome across from Chandler.

[/QUOTE]

would you rahter have a futue wilfork or a cahndler tandem. as love improves wwe might be ok there and go for teh chandler tandem instead??? and cb and o line.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them bookend Chandler with another potential stud... Nink has his role but he's certainly upgradable... DT Jesse Williams is another kid that I've been high on since post draft 2012.  Brandon Jenkins, Werner's bookend at FSU, may also come as a value as he'll miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Werner, IMO, looks like a bigger, longer version of Brooks Reed and looks to have better athleticism, but the same "you'll have to kill me to stop me" motor.

[/QUOTE]
    good deets but u didnt weigh in on my quastion. with love improving some, would you go for the nink upgrade to bookend jones over the tackle to help fork (and replace him eventually)?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

no one mention the fsu clemson game?

im rooting for fsu. 

will be some players in that game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not much to see last night between Boise St and BYU. Friel was held without a catch but he did seem to have decent speed. Overall it was just a low scoring defensive game.

The problem is, they're all on at about the same time so my thumb is gonna be exhausted from working the remote.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Let me know what you think of FSU' DE Bjoern Werner if you get a look at him... I think you'll like what you see... kid would look awesome across from Chandler.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting his profile MB. I too really like high motor guys. I'm looking forward to watching him tonight as well as Rhodes , Freeman, Deadre Hopkins and maybe Malliciah Goodman (though he hasn't really performed as some expected him to)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    hc,
    rooting for michingan, state, and state

[/QUOTE]

ND, FSU and I guess Kansas State for me. Gonna be a great night!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I will have to DVR one of the games. Most likely Oklahoma/KS. I want to keep an eye on Tony Jefferson and Demontre Hurst in that game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

well k state f state pulled it out

but n dame did their job thanks to all the intercepts thrown by robinson.

i omly saw last 10 minutes of fsu game, nothin else

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

[/QUOTE]

would you rahter have a futue wilfork or a cahndler tandem. as love improves wwe might be ok there and go for teh chandler tandem instead??? and cb and o line.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them bookend Chandler with another potential stud... Nink has his role but he's certainly upgradable... DT Jesse Williams is another kid that I've been high on since post draft 2012.  Brandon Jenkins, Werner's bookend at FSU, may also come as a value as he'll miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Werner, IMO, looks like a bigger, longer version of Brooks Reed and looks to have better athleticism, but the same "you'll have to kill me to stop me" motor.

[/QUOTE]
    good deets but u didnt weigh in on my quastion. with love improving some, would you go for the nink upgrade to bookend jones over the tackle to help fork (and replace him eventually)?

[/QUOTE]

It's a tough question at this point as they appear to be utilizing a lot of four man fronts and would need two solid DT's... I'll prob have a better idea as the season progresses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

well k state f state pulled it out

but n dame did their job thanks to all the intercepts thrown by robinson.

i omly saw last 10 minutes of fsu game, nothin else

[/QUOTE]

ND's front 7 is elite, we're talking about a defense that hasn't allowed a TD in two weeks now... both of which against ranked teams.  They're also playing a ton of true frosh (particularly in the secondary) and first year starters on D, so things should get even better as they start to gel, gain more experience... best ND D i've seen in a looooong time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hope this guy come's out and the pats get him in round 3-4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lT4qzh2fYI

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/77/1031283/index.html

[/QUOTE]
    Kid is a shade light at 235, but with them moving to more 43 looks, he could be in play.  I like what I see... kid is AAA (Athletic, Active & Agressive), locates and closes on the ball quickly and looks to tackle well... good find.  He's only a junior so we'll see if he comes out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

MB, Bjoern Werner looks really, really good! He sets the edge very well. I thought Clemson was trying to avoid going to his side all night. He has the speed and quickness to beat his man and if he can work on his rip, swim and spin moves he'll be an absolute beast! He also looks to have good field awareness.

Freeman looked good as well. I was clicking between FSU/Clemson and ND/Michigan and I can't really say who I would say is better between him and Cave at this point

I wasn't impressed with Malliciah Goodman. He looked to have slow instincts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

By the way, I checked out 2 guys on your watchlist as I was watching TCU/Virginia yesterday.

I didn't think Blaize Foltz looked that great. He didn't seem to have good balance and footwork. TCU pulled him for a series in the 4th quarter and when he returned he actually looked better. I'm not sure if he was playing through an injury maybe but it looked like he might've

Oday Aboushi on the other hand was impressive. Good feet and balance and great strength. Plays to the whistle and has a bit of nastiness. On one play he drove his guy into the ground bellyflopped on the guys back with alot of force and I saw that and thought OUCH!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

By the way, I checked out 2 guys on your watchlist as I was watching TCU/Virginia yesterday.

I didn't think Blaize Foltz looked that great. He didn't seem to have good balance and footwork. TCU pulled him for a series in the 4th quarter and when he returned he actually looked better. I'm not sure if he was playing through an injury maybe but it looked like he might've

Oday Aboushi on the other hand was impressive. Good feet and balance and great strength. Plays to the whistle and has a bit of nastiness. On one play he drove his guy into the ground bellyflopped on the guys back with alot of force and I saw that and thought OUCH!

[/QUOTE]

HC,

Thanks for the feedback on both!!  Nastiness is one of my favorite attributes when it comes to the OL... love it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

MB, Bjoern Werner looks really, really good! He sets the edge very well. I thought Clemson was trying to avoid going to his side all night. He has the speed and quickness to beat his man and if he can work on his rip, swim and spin moves he'll be an absolute beast! He also looks to have good field awareness.

Freeman looked good as well. I was clicking between FSU/Clemson and ND/Michigan and I can't really say who I would say is better between him and Cave at this point

I wasn't impressed with Malliciah Goodman. He looked to have slow instincts.

[/QUOTE]

Glad you got chance to check out Werner... the more I watch him, the more I think he's a Rd 1 lock with top 20-25 upside, assuming he declares.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HC,

Thanks for the feedback on both!!  Nastiness is one of my favorite attributes when it comes to the OL... love it!

[/QUOTE]

Here's a good clip of him going against Brandon Jenkins last year. He lets Jenkins beat him outside a few times and gets a false start but I thought he looked quicker on his feet yesterday. I'd like to see more of him against good competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiAK3KSVhk

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HC,

[/QUOTE]

Here's a good clip of him going against Brandon Jenkins last year. He lets Jenkins beat him outside a few times and gets a false start but I thought he looked quicker on his feet yesterday. I'd like to see more of him against good competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiAK3KSVhk

[/QUOTE]

Kid def has a coachable skill set/mentality, IMO... it's amazing when you compare Aboushi's nastiness/aggression vs. Virginai's RT #78 Morgan Moses, who has the size, but doesn't show the same effort, seem to enjoy contact or have the same willingness to engage a defender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

who is overrated in the ap poll?

i havent seen a lot of cfb to this date. 

k state #7?

oregon has a very weak schedule to make it to a nc game.

the only game they really have is at usc

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a tough question at this point as they appear to be utilizing a lot of four man fronts and would need two solid DT's... I'll prob have a better idea as the season progresses.

[/QUOTE]

I will say, that at this point in the season, I'd lean towards another big athletic edge player... i.e. Werner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

With all the talk around WW's future with the team, my prediction is... they let him walk after this season and make a play for Danny Amendola, who is playing this season under a (1) year/$1.972M contract and will be a free agent in 2013.

He has a similar size and skill set to WW (Heck they both played their college ball for Texas Tech), some familiarity with McD's offense and is only 26 (5 years younger what Wes).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

They might make a play but Amendola might also be worth more then we think in the open market.

I still think we already have Welkers replacement in Hern with Edelman as backup. Think about it, they would still have 3 TE's next year as Fells signed a multi year contract and Ballard will be back so it seems natural to move Hern to the F position (Welkers spot)

Additionally they might not want to invest in an inside guy and want a bookend for Lloyd (ala Jones, Smith in Bal) and they might already have that guy in Demps. Who knows, Demps is a bit on the smaller side to be a full down RB but he has play making ability that screams he needs to be on the field at all times. This could be a case where in his red shirt year the Pats gave him some workouts and a playbook and told him to work on his hands. A guy with his speed would be dangerous on the outside. Esp when you have to worry about Gronk, Ballard/Fells, and Hern on the inside too

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

IMO they are going heavy line next year. Think interior positions along the OL and either a bookend for Jones or someone next to Wilfork

BTW anyone been following Jenkins DT or McCullers DT this year? McCullers is making mistakes and raw but he might have the highest upside for any of the DT's eligiable in this years draft and Jenkins has been wreaking havoc like you wouldn't believe in the middle of the line. Put either next to Wilfork and you have 700lbs next to each other that could break through double teams

Williams from Ala has to have a strong second half of the year otherwise his stock is going to drop like a rock with the concussion. Still he's got a ton of potential and would gladly take him in the late 2nd if available

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO they are going heavy line next year. Think interior positions along the OL and either a bookend for Jones or someone next to Wilfork

[/QUOTE]

I'd agree and Bjoern Werner, Jesse Williams and Barret Jones are the first (3) players that come to mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

MB and PatsEng, Do either of you think St. Louis would be willing to let Amendola walk after the chemistry he has with Bradford? Scottenheimer is the OC I believe so maybe he wants to find his own guy but I wouldnt mind that scenario at all and we may have good sales pitches to get him here with our usage of the slot and McDaniels being here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

MB and PatsEng, Do either of you think St. Louis would be willing to let Amendola walk after the chemistry he has with Bradford? Scottenheimer is the OC I believe so maybe he wants to find his own guy but I wouldnt mind that scenario at all and we may have good sales pitches to get him here with our usage of the slot and McDaniels being here.

[/QUOTE]

Hc,

Assuming he's an UFA, I think it would be hard for sell Amendola on the value of staying in STL vs. the opportunity to play for an elite franchise/HC/QB.

I think he's a solid player, but I also think he's a complimentary player and a team would be crazy to overspend for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe he'll be a UFA next year and I doubt that the Rams will tag him so at that point it's up to Amendola. If the Rams blow him away then I don't think we had a shot to begin with but if he makes it to FA then I'd be mildly shocked if the Pats didn't take a shot or a flyer on him. Doesn't mean I think they will get him as I think Welker will go quick, either first day or second, and teams will naturally turn to Amendola as a backup plan for not getting Welker. Once that happens it will become a bidding war and that's not what the Pats do. So I think if they want him and he hits FA they will need to scoop him up quick if they want a shot at him

Sections
Shortcuts