***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Dion Jordan is athletic and quick but not great against the run.

He also runs himself completely out of the play a lot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Kid's still growing into his body and position, having only moved to the defensive side of the ball in 2010... he's ultra versatile, lining up in man coverage on occasion, love his overall play speed/motor, though as you mention he can overrun the play at times, and IMO has no chance of being available at pick 29.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Kid's still growing into his body and position, having only moved to the defensive side of the ball in 2010... he's ultra versatile, lining up in man coverage on occasion, love his overall play speed/motor, though as you mention he can overrun the play at times, and IMO has no chance of being available at pick 29.

Yeah I know but his athleticism caught my eye so I decided to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

That Ansa kid is pretty ridiculous. Sheesh.

Doesn't always look sure of what he sees so only half commits to a certain play sometimes, like a delayed reaction, but once he commits just get out of his way or he's gonna run your over lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Not sure how much pass rush push Jesse could ever give you but you are not moving that dude off the line very often.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

If Keenan Allen can't run, does anyone see him dropping to 29?

Kawann Short should be ok, but wanted to see his numbers compared to the other 3 technique DTs,

Top WR, DT ruled out of combine workouts … California WR Keenan Allen has confirmed that he will not be able to workout at this week’s scouting combine as he is still recovering from a torn PCL suffered late last season. Allen, one of the top 2-3 WR prospects for the upcoming draft, also likely won’t be 100% for Cal’s pro day on March 14, but hopes to be able to run for pro teams at a private pro workout in April. Meanwhile, Purdue DT Kawann Short has a hamstring injury that will prevent him from participating in drills in Indianapolis later this week. Instead, Short, who has started to generate some late-first round buzz, will workout for teams at the Purdue pro day on March 25.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

If Keenan Allen can't run, does anyone see him dropping to 29?

Kawann Short should be ok, but wanted to see his numbers compared to the other 3 technique DTs,

Top WR, DT ruled out of combine workouts … California WR Keenan Allen has confirmed that he will not be able to workout at this week’s scouting combine as he is still recovering from a torn PCL suffered late last season. Allen, one of the top 2-3 WR prospects for the upcoming draft, also likely won’t be 100% for Cal’s pro day on March 14, but hopes to be able to run for pro teams at a private pro workout in April. Meanwhile, Purdue DT Kawann Short has a hamstring injury that will prevent him from participating in drills in Indianapolis later this week. Instead, Short, who has started to generate some late-first round buzz, will workout for teams at the Purdue pro day on March 25.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

It'll certainly force teams to look even closer at this game tape to evaluate his play speed... don't anticipate him being available at pick 29 as a result, but I don't think it's out of the question either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Doesn't always look sure of what he sees so only half commits to a certain play sometimes, like a delayed reaction, but once he commits just get out of his way or he's gonna run your over lol.

That's the thing with the kid... at this point, his football IQ and football moves are probably just half way developed, and yet he is scary already. He shows a lot of power and speed. I believe it was in the Senior Bowl where he had back to back plays using speed on one followed by a bull rush (or the other way around). His speed is real. On one game I heard an announcer say he ran a sub-11 100m just a couple of years ago. It would take a miracle for him to drop to 29.

I am drooling as I am typing this. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Not sure how much pass rush push Jesse could ever give you but you are not moving that dude off the line very often.

Anchor definitely comes to mind. I think what holds him back is technique. He's shown capacity to be a bull at times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

If the Pats want a safety it seems like a good year. The 1st three I looked at so far...

Elam

Swearinger

Vacarro

...all look good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If the Pats want a safety it seems like a good year. The 1st three I looked at so far...

Elam

Swearinger

Vacarro

...all look good.

I agree, good amount of talent/physicality in this class... give ND's Zeke Motta and Florida's Josh Evans a look as well... both are good sized kids that that'll come up and smack you in the mouth... both could provide good value in Rd's 3/4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is my updated Big 40, new names highlighted in red:

Rd 1

DT- Jesse Williams

S- Matt Elam

OG- Jonathan Cooper

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

DT- John Hankins

DT- Sylvester Williams

Rd 1-2

CB- Logan Ryan

CB- Xavier Rhodes

CB- Desmond Trufant

CB- Jordan Poyer

WR- Quinton Patton

Rd 2

DE/OLB- Tank Carradine

CB- DJ Hayden

S- Jon Cyprien

WR- Robert Woods

OL- Barrett Jones

C/OG- Travis Frederick

OG- Larry Warford

DT- John Jenkins

Rd 2-3

S- DJ Swearinger

WR- Stedman Bailey

CB- Darius Slay

CB- Jamar Taylor

LB- Kiko Alonso

OG- Brian Winters

Rd 3

WR/PR- Ace Sanders

DE/OLB- Lavar Edwards

S- Zeke Motta

S- Josh Evans

DE/OLB- Michael Buchanan

WR- Ryan Swope

WR- Markus Wheaton

Rd 4-7

WR- Conner Vernon

S- Shawn Williams

DE/OLB- Devin Taylor

DL- Kapron Lewis-Moore

DL- Quinton Dial

S- Cooper Taylor

RB- Spencer Ware

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Was just checking out Houston CB DJ Hayden (5-11 192) and this kid could provide some good value on draft day.

Decent size, quick feet, good read/react, very good cover guy overall, good awareness, good blitzer... also like his ball skills and ability vs the run... effectively funneling inside on the edge also diplaying physicality and the ability to shed/tackle in space.  He also plays the game hard and with emotion.  Really like this kid.

On the negative side, he suffered a potentially life threating injury, tearing a major vein in a freak accident during practice, resulting in a fatality "95%" of the time... forcing him to miss the final (3) games of the season... I have him as a Rd 2 talent (and option on my board), though he may drop to Day 3 due to questions about the injury. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Thank you all for a great thread. Going into the combine and upcoming draft, the info contained within is appreciated. :-))

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Thank you all for a great thread. Going into the combine and upcoming draft, the info contained within is appreciated. :-))

Thanks palookaski... like most on here, I'm happy to contribute.  GO PATS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:

Thanks palookaski... like most on here, I'm happy to contribute.  GO PATS!

Back to you MB. The Thread is a resource of info for any NFL Club. We all can see that you love doing this work as a hobby/favvy passtime etc.

But seriously, I would not think it vanity if you emailed every NFL Club (VP of player personnel) and invite them all to take a peek at this tremendous amount of resource that takes incalcable amout of time. This thread just may be as good or better than what they already have assembled. 
    Find a reason for them to hire you as a no show/stay at home, talent investigator etc. Never know and worth a shot. No kidding!

enjoy ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Jeez Werner and Carradine were killing it for FSU.

The Gholston kid for MSU did not look bad either till I saw him get destroyed by Taylor Lewen.

Gholston is an interesting case I've been pushing for a while. Very good run defender and extremely intelligent sniffing out screens and where runners are heading. If they are within reaching distance they don't get past him. Very good lateral movement

Now he does compare to his cousin and former Jets Gholston when it comes to athletic freak ability and inability to develop pass rushing moves. Also the fear of him being like the other Gholston has killed his stock given he hasn't been able to capatilize on is freakish athlectic ability but that's where the comparsion ends. This Gholston has a high motor, extremely strong work ethic, takes coaching well, and never gives up on the field. He's a mid round player BB loves to pick up. Untapped ability but high motor and work ethic to go along with it. If this Gholston can figure out some pass rushing moves he'd be a deadly 3 down player. IMO if we trade back and grab a 4th this kid is well worth taking a look at

i had the same thoughts earlier in the thread

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Elam

Swearinger

Vacarro

...all look good.

I agree, good amount of talent/physicality in this class... give ND's Zeke Motta and Florida's Josh Evans a look as well... both are good sized kids that that'll come up and smack you in the mouth... both could provide good value in Rd's 3/4.

i woud include rambo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

yup, he was my fav player for the pats from early on since we were not gonna have a shot at werner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Anchor definitely comes to mind. I think what holds him back is technique. He's shown capacity to be a bull at times.

i thkn in todays nfl, you have to get to the qb and bb's defensive style is out of date.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

That's the thing with the kid... at this point, his football IQ and football moves are probably just half way developed, and yet he is scary already. He shows a lot of power and speed. I believe it was in the Senior Bowl where he had back to back plays using speed on one followed by a bull rush (or the other way around). His speed is real. On one game I heard an announcer say he ran a sub-11 100m just a couple of years ago. It would take a miracle for him to drop to 29.

I am drooling as I am typing this. 

hey seattly, i have been beating the drum all thru this thread for ansah as my fav #1 pick. hadnt heard anyone else on board withthe idea till now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Yeah I know but his athleticism caught my eye so I decided to watch.

was my #2 pick fav pick for pats after mb put me onto him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Agree...how can goodelll suspend him for something he did in college? If there is a way, gooddell will probably find it.

agreed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2013.asp

This website is pretty cool.  Draft Tec compiles the mocks from other sites and tracks the rise and falls of players.

Right now, the bigest risers seem to be Sharif Floyd and Arthur Brown.  One of the fallers is Johnathan Hankins.  I wonder id BB is interested in grabbing him in the first to complement Big Vince.  He's listed at 6"3' 335.

Thanks man, always looking for new publications.

i look at it bout once a week or when they update their mock

AND

they currently have ansah making it to 30. i wouldnt take a wr over him in rd 1.

I'm not big on draft guarantees, but these guys are out of their minds if they think he lasts that long.  Personally, I don't think he makes it past the NYG at #19.

we shall see. 

if he makes it to the 20s id consider trading a 2014 pick and our #1.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Ansa is a monster but this kid won't be avaible in the 29th pick...NO WAY!!!!!he has top 15 talent