***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Re: ***2013 Patriots Draft Thread V2***

Guys take a look at Justin junter... he has 6'4"and his combine numbers are 4.44 in the 40 yard, 39,5 inches in the vert jump and 136 inches in the broad jump this kid looks very good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, unofficial 4.30 for RB Knile Davis at 227 pounds... impressive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Official 40 times for WR's listed in the link below:

http://walterfootball.com/combine2013WR.php

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

guys Matt Elam has the same size as Jarius Byrd, his size isn`t a big problem

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Kaufman's official time (4.67) doesn't look quite as good.  Still a guy to keep an eye on, but I'm starting to think he might not have the quickness/route-running experience to fit into NE's complex system.  Marquise Wilson is looking pretty good.  Might be worth a gamble mid-to-late rounds if NE is convinced that he has gotten over his "charater issues" and if they think he is coachable and willing to work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Auburn RB Onterio MacCalebb just ran an unofficial 4.21.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I don't know many that are concerned over his size... he's not tall, but he's built like a tank with a thick upper and lower half.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Auburn RB Onterio MacCalebb just ran an unofficial 4.21.

I saw mind blowing. Truthfully though I hate the 40 times. I prefer the 10yrd splits and the cones

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Kaufman's official time (4.67) doesn't look quite as good.  Still a guy to keep an eye on, but I'm starting to think he might not have the quickness/route-running experience to fit into NE's complex system.  Marquise Wilson is looking pretty good.  Might be worth a gamble mid-to-late rounds if NE is convinced that he has gotten over his "charater issues" and if they think he is coachable and willing to work.

Oddly enough both are my guys in the 3rd. I like them both, Wilson is more of an outside the numbers down field tall WR, Kaufman is a large catch radius just toss it up and let him get it type of player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I don't know many that are concerned over his size... he's not tall, but he's built like a tank with a thick upper and lower half.

what about his covering skills?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I didn't catch the beginning of the combine until now, They had BB with his son eating popcorn. He didn't appear that interested in watching the first groups 40's. Is there something to read there?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Hey guys, what can u say about DJ Swearinger?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I was really impressed with Ryan Swope today.  I liked him during the season but didn't realize he was this fast.  He would be an interesting option in the 3rd if he doesn't ascend too much.  Also became a believer in Tavon Austin but doubt the Pats would spend 29 on him.  Austin could free us up from tagging Welker and instead use the tag on Talib. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Swope was a nice surprise but so was Wheaton with speed and a 37 vertical. Marquise Wilson had a good outing but disappointed in leaping ability and Kaufman really disappointed in leaping ability, but had very solid hands in the drills. There should be a lot of options in the 3rd

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Swope will be available late and I think he coud really come in and play that slot position. I was also surprised his 40 was that fast but after watching some tape on him it really shows in the open fireld. I have a feeling BB will move back with a few of his draft choices and if Swope is available somewhere in the 4th round I think he could be a great fit in NE. That way with his first couple draft choices BB cn continue to add to the depth of that front 7 on our D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Good sized kid (5-11+ 210), a ton of experience in the SEC, he's a physical banger, has the ability to play down in the box or cover the deep half/third, plays with emotion and looks like a leader on the field... overall, he's a kid that I'm very interested in as a Day 2 S option.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Swope was a nice surprise but so was Wheaton with speed and a 37 vertical. Marquise Wilson had a good outing but disappointed in leaping ability and Kaufman really disappointed in leaping ability, but had very solid hands in the drills. There should be a lot of options in the 3rd

After the Senior Bowl, I really liked Wheaton. On youtube, I think he's one of the best at creating separation. His 40 time makes you pay attention even more. That said, on the youtube, you will also notice a bad habit -- he catches a lot of balls with his arms and chest. If you can overlook that, I guess he'll be a fine receiver.

I am guesing that Boyce and Swope will be at the same range. Though decent, does not seem to separate as well as Wheaton, but catches with his hands much better. To me, Boyce seems to have the best combination.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Did not finish my thought.... ultimately, I would not mind if Pats got any one of the three. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tough day for TJ Moe in regards to his 40 time (4.74), but he tossed up 26 reps at 225 and had the best 3C among all skill players (6.53)... some other popular names also appeard in the Top 10 3C times (below)... Chris Harper was 11th with a 6.89...

Moe, T.J.  6.53

Wilson, Marquess  6.65

Boyce, Josh  6.68

Rogers, Da'Rick  6.71

Spadola, Ryan  6.72

Swope, Ryan  6.76

Wheaton, Markus  6.8

Bailey, Stedman  6.81

Sanders, Ace  6.81

Thompkins, Kenbrell  6.88

Additionally, the below prospects didn't participate in this drill:

Allen, Keenan

Austin, Tavon

Bonner, Alan

Brown, Marlon

Dobson, Aaron

Fuller, Corey

Goodwin, Marquise

Hamilton, Cobi

Hopkins, DeAndre

Hunter, Justin

Johnson, Darius

Patterson, Cordarrelle

Stills, Kenny

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Not to change the focus on WR, but did anyone see this or have anymore info?  I hope he is ok.

Combine medical test reveals Star Lotulelei has heart condition

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2013, 5:39 PM EST

AP

Star Lotulelei, a defensive tackle from Utah who is widely viewed as one of the best players in this year’s draft, was found to have a heart condition when examined at the Scouting Combine.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Lotulelei’s left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency, below the normal range of 55 percent to 70 percent. As a result, Lotulelei will leave Indianapolis without going through any workouts.

Lotulelei’s condition was discovered via an echocardiogram conducted as part of the normal Combine medical evaluation. He will now return home to Utah to undergo more tests.

ESPN’s Scouts, Inc. ranks Lotulelei as the No. 1 overall player in this year’s draft, at any position. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock calls Lotulelei the second-best defensive tackle in the draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Good sized kid (5-11+ 210), a ton of experience in the SEC, he's a physical banger, has the ability to play down in the box or cover the deep half/third, plays with emotion and looks like a leader on the field... overall, he's a kid that I'm very interested in as a Day 2 S option.

yeah this kid is a monster in the field and there are reports that were 2 pats scouts to see this kid, really good safety hope we get him

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I know these two kids will never be around for the Pats to take and also that the Pats do not value the WR position in the first round but Patterson and Austin are off the chart dynamic athletes with the ball in their hands.

OK back to reality but it was fun to watch their game clips.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I know these two kids will never be around for the Pats to take and also that the Pats do not value the WR position in the first round but Patterson and Austin are off the chart dynamic athletes with the ball in their hands.

OK back to reality but it was fun to watch their game clips.

Patterson is to me the #1 receiver. He looks very elusive once he gets the ball.

Not sure who my #2 is. Austin is definitely in consideration. In terms of talent, he may be. But for some irrational reason, I like Hopkins more. I just get a sense that Hopkins is more of a fighter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Not to change the focus on WR, but did anyone see this or have anymore info?  I hope he is ok.

Combine medical test reveals Star Lotulelei has heart condition

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2013, 5:39 PM EST

AP

Star Lotulelei, a defensive tackle from Utah who is widely viewed as one of the best players in this year’s draft, was found to have a heart condition when examined at the Scouting Combine.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Lotulelei’s left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency, below the normal range of 55 percent to 70 percent. As a result, Lotulelei will leave Indianapolis without going through any workouts.

Lotulelei’s condition was discovered via an echocardiogram conducted as part of the normal Combine medical evaluation. He will now return home to Utah to undergo more tests.

ESPN’s Scouts, Inc. ranks Lotulelei as the No. 1 overall player in this year’s draft, at any position. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock calls Lotulelei the second-best defensive tackle in the draft.

I hope it's something that can be treated so that he can continue playing. He's a very talented kid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Guys take a look at Justin junter... he has 6'4"and his combine numbers are 4.44 in the 40 yard, 39,5 inches in the vert jump and 136 inches in the broad jump this kid looks very good

hes one of my guys for our big outside wr. 

Sections
Shortcuts