2013 Regular Season W-L Predictions? Revisited

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: 2013 Regular Season W-L Predictions? Revisited

The loss that has me puzzled is The Texans ...Brady owns Wade Philips, why do people think he's going on to start losing to him now?

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

A loss to the Ravens wouldn't surprise me if they stay physical with the finesse/soft Patriots....and, a loss to the Bills - it being the last game - and depending on our record at that moment in time - might be a meaningless game.

How long have you been watching BB coach? Does it look like he rests players? Especially with all these kids, BB would want them to carry their momentum into the postseason.

where did I say BB would rest them? The point is that it's the last game of the season, and it may "mean more" to the Bills than the Patriots. If it's a meaningless game, are you saying the Patriot players might not let up anyway despite what BB says/does for motivational purposes?

I'm not brainwashed by BB, you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:i

Not really...not with this schedule..Ravens play them tough...Miami in Miami late in the year, nope...Atl has great receivers...Bengals too, and a good D...hey, I have us beating Denver...LOL

Boldin,  Pollard, Lewis and Pitta play New England tough...theyre all gone. The Pats are going to railroad the Ravens this year.

mi in Miami? So? The later the game is in the season, the more likely the Pats win. Like I said, Rooks would have found their niche in the offense, Gronk will be back and the defense

will finally be synced and gegelled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The loss that has me puzzled is The Texans ...Brady owns Wade Philips, why do people think he's going on to start losing to him now?

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

karma. It's football, anything can happen. We used to own the Colts too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Not really...not with this schedule..Ravens play them tough...Miami in Miami late in the year, nope...Atl has great receivers...Bengals too, and a good D...hey, I have us beating Denver...LOL

I can see a loss to ATL, but no way Brady loses to Dolton. BB owns one dimensional offenses, and the Bengals have AJ Green. That's it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

A loss to the Ravens wouldn't surprise me if they stay physical with the finesse/soft Patriots....and, a loss to the Bills - it being the last game - and depending on our record at that moment in time - might be a meaningless game.

How long have you been watching BB coach? Does it look like he rests players? Especially with all these kids, BB would want them to carry their momentum into the postseason.

where did I say BB would rest them? The point is that it's the last game of the season, and it may "mean more" to the Bills than the Patriots. If it's a meaningless game, are you saying the Patriot players might not let up anyway despite what BB says/does for motivational purposes?

I'm not brainwashed by BB, you?

[/QUOTE]

If the first team loses to the Bills on the final game of the season, it's going to be a short playoff run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If the first team loses to the Bills on the final game of the season, it's going to be a short playoff run.

I don't think whether the Patriots win/lose the last game has much bearing on the playoffs if it's a meaningless game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think whether the Patriots win/lose the last game has much bearing on the playoffs if it's a meaningless game.

[/QUOTE]

I...disagree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Top 5 Offense, TOP 5 DEFENSE!  

14-2

VERY SPECIAL SEASON

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

^^^this

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

At this stage I prefer to give a range in predicting. On the low side I say 10 wins and on the high side I say 13. Injuries contribute to the low side. Better than reasonable expectations on questionable players deliver to the higher side (rookies, growth by second year players, etc.).

So 10-13 wins and if I were to pick a single number I would go with 12 wins.

I expect that Pats to face off at some point with Denver in the playoffs. Home field and health will likely dictate the winner. If both teams are equally healthy I give a slight edge to the Pats and that is due to the following:

1. Brady has better cold weather track record than Manning

2. Pats look to have a deeper and more effective ground game

3. Pats run D and overall D should take at least one step up in play over last year. I see Denvers D as sound but trending water as compared to last year.

4. Pats and BB get a slight edge for being good underdogs

5. Gronk, Amendola can be X factors. There is reasonable possibilty that between Vereen, Dobson, Boyce, Thomkins there is another X factor. A healthy Edelman - especially if he is the THIRD receiver, can actually be a game breaking option because he will have to be covered by lesser talent and he is naturally dangerous once he gets his hands on the ball.

I dont want to list it as a reason here but I seriously wonder whether Hightower will be the revalation on the D as the team approaches the playoffs. Personally I think he might be McGinest like in his impact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We do not know what kind of team the Pats will have on the field even now, let alone to even begin the season and throughout the season.  Same goes for the opponent.  16 - 0, 15 - 1, 14 - 2 and on and on..  Records won't matter as long as they win the division, go deep into the playoffs, get to the SB and win it.  If all that happens, will the Pats record matter?  Ask the 13 - 7 NY Giants of 2012!

Yes, some of you may pound me for such a lack of "prediction", but, winning games is the key and if the Pats win the right ones, we'll all smile at the end regardless of their record.  Right?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

We do not know what kind of team the Pats will have on the field even now, let alone to even begin the season and throughout the the season.  Same goes for the opponent.  16 - 0, 15 - 1, 14 - 2 and on and on..  Records won't matter as long as they win the division, go deep into the playoffs, get to the SB and win it.  If all that happens, will the Pats record matter?  Ask the 13 - 7 NY Giants of 2012!

ANd of course you are right! Hope we do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

portfolio.. at least I won't have to answer the questions from trolls at the end of the season why I predicted a particular record, like 14 - 2 when the Pats go 10 - 6 and still win the SB!!! (-;

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I...disagree.

to each his own. we can agree to disagree. Not gonna lose any sleep over something like that....lol Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

At this stage I prefer to give a range in predicting. On the low side I say 10 wins and on the high side I say 13. Injuries contribute to the low side. Better than reasonable expectations on questionable players deliver to the higher side (rookies, growth by second year players, etc.).

So 10-13 wins and if I were to pick a single number I would go with 12 wins.

I expect that Pats to face off at some point with Denver in the playoffs. Home field and health will likely dictate the winner. If both teams are equally healthy I give a slight edge to the Pats and that is due to the following:

1. Brady has better cold weather track record than Manning

2. Pats look to have a deeper and more effective ground game

3. Pats run D and overall D should take at least one step up in play over last year. I see Denvers D as sound but trending water as compared to last year.

4. Pats and BB get a slight edge for being good underdogs

5. Gronk, Amendola can be X factors. There is reasonable possibilty that between Vereen, Dobson, Boyce, Thomkins there is another X factor. A healthy Edelman - especially if he is the THIRD receiver, can actually be a game breaking option because he will have to be covered by lesser talent and he is naturally dangerous once he gets his hands on the ball.

I dont want to list it as a reason here but I seriously wonder whether Hightower will be the revalation on the D as the team approaches the playoffs. Personally I think he might be McGinest like in his impact.

I wanna say Ballard is the bigger X factor.  I mean, if/when Gronk comes back - we know what to expect from him if he's healthy.  With Amendola - altho training camp results are good - we still don't know that real games will bring.  Ballard is a bigger X factor...because he's expected to fill Hernandez' shoes at this point. He's known for blocking, but how good are his receiving skills?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

13-3?

at Buffalo Bills

W

New York Jets

W

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

W

at Atlanta Falcons

L

at Cincinnati Bengals

W

New Orleans Saints

W

at New York Jets

W

Miami Dolphins

W

Pittsburgh Steelers

W

BYE WEEK

at Carolina Panthers

W

Denver Broncos

L

at Houston Texans

L

Cleveland Browns

W

at Miami Dolphins

W

at Baltimore Ravens

W

Buffalo Bills

W

I will say 12-4 or 11-5 with losses to Atlanta,  NO, (I dont think the Pats have ever beaten Drew Brees), Denver, @ Miami,(always tough down there and Miami much improved), and either a loss to Cinci or Houston   PS--The Pats make the playoffs and play Denver for the right to Represent the AFC in the SB against Atlanta, SF or Seattle, (The last two have awesome DEFENSES)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I'm riding with CubanPete at 10-6, we likely lose to Denver, Ravens (again), Texans, Miami once this year, Falcons, Saints.  Pass defense again this year is week.  IMO long pass plays too frequently victimize Pats; Brady and O keep us East Champs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

4 losses give or take one 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

I can see a loss to ATL, but no way Brady loses to Dolton. BB owns one dimensional offenses, and the Bengals have AJ Green. That's it

[/QUOTE]

The bengals have green , greshiem , Tyler efert and sanu.  Plus they run the ball a lot which sets up the play action. Don't underestimate them. We play in their house as well.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bengals have green , greshiem , Tyler efert and sanu.  Plus they run the ball a lot which sets up the play action. Don't underestimate them. We play in their house as well.  

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you about the Bengals I also think that game will be a loss. On paper Cincy looks to be the best team in that division the only thing holding them back is the play of Dalton in crunch time and Marvin Lewis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you about the Bengals I also think that game will be a loss. On paper Cincy looks to be the best team in that division the only thing holding them back is the play of Dalton in crunch time and Marvin Lewis.

[/QUOTE]

Pitt is going down fast. Injurys are killing them. The ravens need to get some receivers and the browns are just tht, the browns. Bengals are poised to win their division. I ont know wht happened their but the last 3 drafts they have done very well.  Mike brown must have backed away one cause he has Jerry jones syndrome and meddles too much in football decisions 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

11-5.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

19-0

Agree

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

13-3?

at Buffalo Bills

W

New York Jets

W

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

W

at Atlanta Falcons

L

at Cincinnati Bengals