http://www.talkers.com/2013-talkers-heavy-hundred-sports-talk/

Here's the top 10

27 Dennis and Callahan 

30 Salk and Holley 

73 Mut and Lou 

Where's Gresh and Zo?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 2013 Talkers Heavy Hundred of Sports Talk

My initial thought upon seeing this list was... I wish we had more Boomer in this market... really enjoy listening to him when he's on Dennis and Callahan.

Other thoughts:

• Gresh and Zo are my favorite duo in this market.
    • I can only handle Felger and Mazz in small doses.
    • Michael Holley is probably the most likable radio personality in this market, knows his stuff too.
    • Toucher and Rich, while funny (well, Toucher is funny) and entertaining, don't know sports very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I haven't heard them all, but Boomer is the only one on this list that is enjoyable for me.  Carton not bad in small doses.

Patrick:  Makes me uncomfortable that he acts/talks like a 20 year-old around his 20 year-old staff.  He's 57.

Francesa:  Deserves to be #1 if the Heavy Hundred was based on body weight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My initial thought upon seeing this list was... I wish we had more Boomer in this market... really enjoy listening to him when he's on Dennis and Callahan.

Other thoughts:

• Gresh and Zo are my favorite duo in this market.
    • I can only handle Felger and Mazz in small doses.
    • Michael Holley is probably the most likable radio personality in this market, knows his stuff too.
    • Toucher and Rich, while funny (well, Toucher is funny) and entertaining, don't know sports very well.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed across the board minus Felger and Mazz. I can't even do small doses with them. Barring me not quickly shutting down Gresh and Zo in time, I have no voluntarily listened to them in 2 years (when they attacked Kraft braggin about how great the Jets were and calling Kraft cheap in October of 2011) unless I want to confirm their agenda at the start of the show. Once I get the confirmation, that's all I need.

Boomer is a strightshooter and a very good analyst.  Agree on Holley, but I think he's been compromised by Salk, who is terrible.

I listened to Tottcher and Rich once and never heard them talk about sports at all. Sounded like a gossip club of some TMZ show or something. Very strange.

Gresh and Zo, at least for Pats fans, is clearly the best show in town. It's solid for the B's too.

Mike Flynn on Saturdays is good too.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gonna mention Johnston and Flynn as a likable weekend show... also like when they fill in for Toucher and Rich.  Good call there.

I also think Minihane is a love/hate type of personality... I tend to like him, but I can see why some would hate him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Dale and Holley will probably be my favorite all-time.

I still laugh at WEEI for the hatchet-job on Daiyel (his own pronunciation) just as the Bs went on their run. Great timing, as usual, on WEEIs part.

Of the people I'm familiar with, Boomer is the only non-offensive one. That's just sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Use to be a loyal WEEI fan and still listen to Brady's interviews and Pats players they pull in on Moday morning.  They pretty much are the go to station for the Sox. But... getting realy really tired- change the station tired- of Dennis and Callahan. Not surprised they didn't break the top 10. And they are the drive time talent in the am.

For local radio Pats fans I agree that Gresh and Zo is the most entertaining listen. Gresh grates at times- but so do most of the talkers. They should break into the pack soon.

Mutt and Lou at 73? I'd be interested to know where they were rated in the past. EEI continues to take major hits from WBZ's Hub.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

francesca is a yankee legend

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd also say, in regards to part time personalities, that I can't stand Dale Arnold, I think Matt Chatham is very good and I think Wiggy is just awful.  I also like Beetle Bertrand, though he has a full-time gig.

Sections
Shortcuts