2014 Cap Challenges

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

2014 Cap Challenges

With a large number of  Stud DL free agents and CB coming available via free agency this off season It looks like BB will have have his purse tightly shut ! The 2014 cap is projected at $126.3million plus THE $4.1 million roll over from  2013 ... so its around $130 for the good guys.Currently the Pats have 52 players signed for the season at $116 million Plus $8.7 million dead money and growing ( depends who they cut !)

Facter in the rookie draft pick contracts $5 million thats pretty much the cap gone !

Who Goes?  the easy cuts ...  Sapooga $2.7 million, Adrian Wilson $1.2 million in savings .

The maybe cuts Connolly, Kelly, Gregory each could save another $2.5-$3 million each but you need veterens on the field

I honesty i think big Vince is gone if he doesnt restructure his $11.6 million salary ( $8 million saving if cut ).

Factor in McCourty needs to be paid and Talib -Blount-Edelman are going to be free agents BB the GM will have a busy off season !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: 2014 Cap Challenges

Vince for 8 million, Soap and Gregory will net you a sum of 5+ mill, Wilson for a cool mill and maybe Connolly, depending if they draft an OG for 3 million.

The Pats gain a cool 14-17 million in cuts. Enough to sign Talib, Edelman and resign Wilfork.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Where did you guys find your updated contract info? I know some of them off the top of my head (length, anyway), and I have a two-year-old print out that still has names like Light and Waters on it (!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to IndianaPatsFan's comment:

Where did you guys find your updated contract info? I know some of them off the top of my head (length, anyway), and I have a two-year-old print out that still has names like Light and Waters on it (!)

Try this:

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2014

I'm sure there are others out there but this is pretty informative.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Vince for 8 million, Soap and Gregory will net you a sum of 5+ mill, Wilson for a cool mill and maybe Connolly, depending if they draft an OG for 3 million.

The Pats gain a cool 14-17 million in cuts. Enough to sign Talib, Edelman and resign Wilfork.

Wilfork turns 33 and might miss the start of the season. All he'll do at this point is take snaps away from Siliga, Chris Jones, and Vellano. 

Kelly is a prime cap cut as well. Slater too.

IMO, the Pats will make one more run in 2014 before rebuilding in 2015.

Their 2015 cap structure supports my theory.

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2015

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wilfork is going into the last year of a 40 million dollar deal that made him the highest paid at his position in the league.He would have signed an extension one way or the other. It wasn't likely he was going to play the final year at that rate imo. He takes a reasonable veteran deal gains 30 pounds and anchors the line for 3 more years as the 2nd coming of The Immovable Object....a.k.a Ted Washington. Total ball park guess without looking at comparitive players contracts I would say 3 years 12 mill maybe fully guaranteed. Im sure that would significantly improve his cap hit no? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

In response to IndianaPatsFan's comment:

Thanks!

Try this:

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2014

I'm sure there are others out there but this is pretty informative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Wilfork is going into the last year of a 40 million dollar deal that made him the highest paid at his position in the league.He would have signed an extension one way or the other. It wasn't likely he was going to play the final year at that rate imo. He takes a reasonable veteran deal gains 30 pounds and anchors the line for 3 more years as the 2nd coming of The Immovable Object....a.k.a Ted Washington. Total ball park guess without looking at comparitive players contracts I would say 3 years 12 mill maybe fully guaranteed. Im sure that would significantly improve his cap hit no? 

That was close to my numbers. Get it around 5-6 per on average including next year, through the 2016 season.

I am sure the communication on is rehab and that kind of a concept will be pitched and worked on as soon as the season ends. Vince ain't going anywhere.  It depends on his rehab projection.

Reduce his snaps, sell him on the latter part of his career and I am sure he'll be on board.

Then again, if his rehab isn't something that can work, it may be just one last go this year with his cap hit.  I suppose they could do a 1 year extension, treat this next year as a wash, and then have his 2015 1 year extension be peanuts, too.

Can you give me that cap floor link again? 

The Pats are the second youngest team in the Nfl, only GB is younger. Some might get a raise? Especially if we go all the way

i don't see how VW isn't restructured 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

That was close to my numbers. Get it around 5-6 per on average including next year, through the 2016 season.

I am sure the communication on is rehab and that kind of a concept will be pitched and worked on as soon as the season ends. Vince ain't going anywhere.  It depends on his rehab projection.

Reduce his snaps, sell him on the latter part of his career and I am sure he'll be on board.

Then again, if his rehab isn't something that can work, it may be just one last go this year with his cap hit.  I suppose they could do a 1 year extension, treat this next year as a wash, and then have his 2015 1 year extension be peanuts, too.

Can you give me that cap floor link again? 

The Pats are the second youngest team in the Nfl, only GB is younger. Some might get a raise? Especially if we go all the way

i don't see how VW isn't restructured 

Clayton 2012 article...cap spike not until 2015 per clayton

Just google it...not at home right now.

Good enuf thnx

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts