***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to BILLB50's comment:

Mike Evans Texas A & M,what does everybody think of him? He is 6" 5' and has go speed.            

Would he be a good pick or is he redundant to Dobson.

Evans could end up the #1 WR in the 2014 draft class when all is said and done... kid is huge, athletic, very good COD/coordination for tall/long WR... good technique/ability/effort as a blocker... can elevate and will be an excellent redzone target... good RAC ability... good ball skills/hands... kid has immense upside, IMO.

Kid isn't a burner, but he'll make plays down the field and he's a draft eligible soph... he also absolutely abused Alabama on Sat.

isn`t he the guy who a college ofered money to him?

Quite possible, seems to be how things are done in the SEC and across college football.

Probably unique to schools whose identity is more a function of football. Alumni base gets overly zelous. Probably less likely to be a problem in schools whose alumni base's source of pride is the school's academic achievements/status.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

SUP MB!

thanks again for another year of this!  Glad to know there others out there that think, sleep, and eat this stuff up like we all do in here! lol

AJ McCarron Bama QB, (putting aside ms bama for a sec)  now eventually we will need a Brady replacement, wouldnt this kid be a 'brady-like' replacement?  He reminds me of Brady when Brady was at Michigan, just Brady had lots of qb competition there....

just curious on your thoughts or anyone elses out there?  ....

go pats!

Sup man!

I think AJ McCarron will be one of the hotter/more discussed names on the thread this season... assuming he keeps ascending as a player... really like him as a potential TB replacement option down the road.  Good size, accurate, proven on the big stage, spins a nice deep ball, adequate/good arm strength and is also a competitive kid... heck even his mom's a coug, haha.

Thought of this convo today MB, as Zo was talking about AJ M today over possibly a Brady replacement and he was speaking highly of him....didnt say anything about GF, but they were on the air. ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What I am finding impressive about Bridgewater:

For a QB who runs a bit, he seems to understand that when he is running, he can;t be taking unnecessary risks of injury. He seems willing to dive early. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to BILLB50's comment:

Mike Evans Texas A & M,what does everybody think of him? He is 6" 5' and has go speed.            

Would he be a good pick or is he redundant to Dobson.

Evans could end up the #1 WR in the 2014 draft class when all is said and done... kid is huge, athletic, very good COD/coordination for tall/long WR... good technique/ability/effort as a blocker... can elevate and will be an excellent redzone target... good RAC ability... good ball skills/hands... kid has immense upside, IMO.

Kid isn't a burner, but he'll make plays down the field and he's a draft eligible soph... he also absolutely abused Alabama on Sat.

isn`t he the guy who a college ofered money to him?

Quite possible, seems to be how things are done in the SEC and across college football.

Probably unique to schools whose identity is more a function of football. Alumni base gets overly zelous. Probably less likely to be a problem in schools whose alumni base's source of pride is the school's academic achievements/status.

I think there's some truth to that, though the cluster of teams (like Stanford and Northwestern, etc.) makes up a very, very small portion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

SUP MB!

thanks again for another year of this!  Glad to know there others out there that think, sleep, and eat this stuff up like we all do in here! lol

AJ McCarron Bama QB, (putting aside ms bama for a sec)  now eventually we will need a Brady replacement, wouldnt this kid be a 'brady-like' replacement?  He reminds me of Brady when Brady was at Michigan, just Brady had lots of qb competition there....

just curious on your thoughts or anyone elses out there?  ....

go pats!

Sup man!

I think AJ McCarron will be one of the hotter/more discussed names on the thread this season... assuming he keeps ascending as a player... really like him as a potential TB replacement option down the road.  Good size, accurate, proven on the big stage, spins a nice deep ball, adequate/good arm strength and is also a competitive kid... heck even his mom's a coug, haha.

Thought of this convo today MB, as Zo was talking about AJ M today over possibly a Brady replacement and he was speaking highly of him....didnt say anything about GF, but they were on the air. ;)

Yep, kid certainly possesses (at least from afar) a lot of the attributes, both physically and competitively, that TB has.  He doesn't have TB's arm, but he could end up with better accuracy on deep passes.  He was a popular name on the board last year, before he elected to come back to school... and after his most recent performance vs. T A&M, I don't see that changing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Liked AJ from the get go. Considerably less of a knucklehead than Manziel and will continue to face excellent competition. Just looks very mature both as a player and person. Still see Bridgewater and Mariotta (if he can continue to pile up great stats) as ahead of McCarron. Where does McCarron fall in the draft I could see 15-25 as his potential landing spot, however he could also be a late 2nd rounder if Boyd is on the board. Where do think Mc Carron lands MB???

If the Pats draft Mc Carron there will be awesome catfights in luxury boxes (Giselle and Webb and Krafts GF). PPV-worthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Liked AJ from the get go. Considerably less of a knucklehead than Manziel and will continue to face excellent competition. Just looks very mature both as a player and person. Still see Bridgewater and Mariotta (if he can continue to pile up great stats) as ahead of McCarron. Where does McCarron fall in the draft I could see 15-25 as his potential landing spot, however he could also be a late 2nd rounder if Boyd is on the board. Where do think Mc Carron lands MB???

If the Pats draft Mc Carron there will be awesome catfights in luxury boxes (Giselle and Webb and Krafts GF). PPV-worthy.

I think you could potentially see as many as (10) QB's with Rd 1/Top 64 grades (list below in no particular order)... I see McCarron as a solid Rd 2 kid (Top 40-50) with Rd 1 upside.  You may not see all (10) declare, but this could be one of the deepest QB drafts that we've seen in a long, long time.

Bridgewater- Lousiville

Hundley- UCLA

Mariota- Oregon

Boyd- Clemson

McCarron- Alabama

Gardner- Mich

Manziel- Tex A&M

Morris- Miami

Fales- SJSU

Murray- Georgia

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I think you could potentially see as many as (10) QB's with Rd 1/Top 64 grades (list below in no particular order)... I see McCarron as a solid Rd 2 kid (Top 40-50) with Rd 1 upside.  You may not see all (10) declare, but this could be one of the deepest QB drafts that we've seen in a long, long time.

Bridgewater- Lousiville

Hundley- UCLA

Mariota- Oregon

Boyd- Clemson

McCarron- Alabama

Gardner- Mich

Manziel- Tex A&M

Morris- Miami

Fales- SJSU

Murray- Georgia

[/QUOTE]

Been saying similar as far back as when Tebow was still with the Pats.

In addition to what you are saying, I also think there are a few others who could get second round grades.

Even if you do not need to pick up a QB next year, it may be smart to pick up one if in position to get a high grade one at a discount. If at all that QB might at least be tradable.

I think next year will be an equalizer from a QB perspective. Building robust Ds will be key to maintaining competitive advantage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Pats should make every attempt to Draft AJ. Said last year here, Mirror Image to Brady. I'm not a Mallet guy, saw him in Pre-Season.

McCarron, plays big and SMART, in big games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

Sam Houston State RB Tim Flanders vs Texas A&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFm1VNqqHc

At 5′ 9″ and 210 pounds, Flanders is a fireplug with a powerful lower core.  But, if you ask him, he’ll say that his true power comes from his faith in God and strong commitment to family, the two things that he places above football.  He ran in the 4.4s coming out of high school, as a top 50 national recruit in 2009, garnering scholarship offers from, among others, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, and Kansas State, where he eventually enrolled to play for legendary coach Bill Snyder.  After redshirting his first season in Manhattan, Flanders found himself buried on a deep, talented Kansas State depth chart that featured current Miami Dolphins’ running back Daniel Thomas.  Looking for more of an opportunity to make his mark, he transferred to Sam Houston State, with four years of eligibility remaining, and cracked the starting lineup in just his second career game, not looking back since.  After just two seasons, Flanders already holds eighteen SHSU records.

Though not possessing elite top end speed or explosiveness, Flanders flashes good burst through the hole, and is shifty between the tackles, showcasing first rate lateral agility.  He can start and stop on a dime, without losing momentum, and he goes through gears quickly.  He’s patient to the hole, and knows how to let blocks develop, though, at times, he’s too patient, looking for the big play that’s not there.  Flanders runs with a good forward lean, not opening his body up to contact, and is a workhorse who gets stronger as the game moves into its later stages.  He sees the whole field, quickly identifying cutback lanes and demonstrating advanced skill in breaking off the initial run to attack a backside alley.  Showcasing a sensational jump cut, he is a highly dynamic runner in open space, who also catches the ball well out of the backfield, actually leading Sam Houston State in receiving in 2011, with 34 receptions for 414 yards and 2 touchdowns.

http://draftbreakdown.com/tim-flanders-clark-kent-in-cleats/

Okely Dokely!  Kid is fun to watch... certainly has the mentioned COD/agility and you BB loves those attributes... Good find!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

BB would love Brandon Coleman and he is 6'6"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Certainly worth shot. May be a hot commodity though. I have not been able to track, but there seems to be a few tall WRs who will be eligible in 2014.

Right now the WR that really intrigues me is Norwood of Alabama. I see him as a tough WR who can get YAC. I am also biased towards smart WRs. If I hear Mohr on the radio right today, I thought he said Norwood is done with his undergrad, and is now taking courses towards a masters degree. Impressive. It would be interesting if he is the quick-smart type. But he shure looks like a BB-type of kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I just realized how foolish that last statement was, given the AH debacle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Certainly worth shot. May be a hot commodity though. I have not been able to track, but there seems to be a few tall WRs who will be eligible in 2014.

Right now the WR that really intrigues me is Norwood of Alabama. I see him as a tough WR who can get YAC. I am also biased towards smart WRs. If I hear Mohr on the radio right today, I thought he said Norwood is done with his undergrad, and is now taking courses towards a masters degree. Impressive. It would be interesting if he is the quick-smart type. But he shure looks like a BB-type of kid.

I will take a look at this guy. thank you, u have good points

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am way behind on my college football watch.

WK 3 GAME RECAP: WISCONSIN @ ARIZONA STATE

This was a pretty entertaining game but boring from a draft scouting perspective. Only two players stood out to me.

ASU DE Will Sutton

Lined up a lot at DT. He's listend on ESPN as being 6'1", 288 lbs. He is short and not that heavy yet gave the Wisconsin OL a lot of problems, despite the kids on that OL being bigger than Sutton. He was tough against the run and regularly pnetrated on pass plays. At some point I thought Wisconsin was taking cheap shots at him out of furstration.

ASU RB Marion Grice

I don't think he can be a power back but this kid does everything pretty well. He is successful between tackles more because of his explosiveness, vision and tenacity, than his power. His quick outside. He catches well. I am not sure if he lined up as WR every now and then but he was catching balls 5-10 yards past the LOS.  At the very least a great 3rd down back, with potential of being a 3- back. ESPN has him at 6'0", 204. Grade will probably depend on measurables come combine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

what about some cb?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

what about some cb?

Alabama's Clinton-Dix is looking good.

TCU has some interesting ones. Against LSU, I was trying to catch Verrett, but came away impressed with another kid -- Kevin White. This kid can be very good, but needs to gain weight if he's playing in the NFL. He's listed as 5'10, 175.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

what about some cb?

Alabama's Clinton-Dix is looking good.

TCU has some interesting ones. Against LSU, I was trying to catch Verrett, but came away impressed with another kid -- Kevin White. This kid can be very good, but needs to gain weight if he's playing in the NFL. He's listed as 5'10, 175.

Oh yeah Clinton-Dix looks good, but I`ll take a look at Kevin White but could he play outside?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I agree with you on Norwood. He looks good and can play wide or in the slot. Anyone know where he's predicted to go in the draft at this point?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

"Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix is a S... and a very good one... he should definitely be high on BB/NC's draft board if he declares.

As for CB's, you're looking more at Bradley Roby (OSU), Jason Verrett (TCU), Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), Louchiez Purifoy (FLA), Etc. Roby in particular looks like a stud to me... shut down ability, very good tackler... he does have some off the field questions though, but is an Urban kid (good or bad).  It'll be interested to see if BB targets anymore of his kids moving forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I just realized how foolish that last statement was, given the AH debacle.

Ha, I still think he has a type... smart/versatile/athletic/tough, etc... though one has to wonder how many chances he'll be willing to take in the character dept in this upcoming draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

here the guy who offered money 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1751218-ricky-seals-jones-dad-claims-his-son-was-offered-600k-for-commitment

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

what about some cb?

from CBS Sports;

Bradley Roby CB 1 Ohio State rJr 5-11 193 

Jason Verrett CB 2 TCU Sr 5-10 178  

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB 3 Oregon Jr 5-10 185 

Louchiez Purifoy CB 4 Florida Jr 6-0 190 

Antone Exum Injured CB 5 Virginia Tech rSr 5-11 220 

Aaron Colvin CB 6 Oklahoma Sr 6-0 182 

Marcus Roberson CB 7 Florida Jr 6-0 195 

Darqueze Dennard CB 8 Michigan State Sr 5-11 197 

Justin Gilbert CB 9 Oklahoma State Sr 6-0 200 

Kyle Fuller CB 10 Virginia Tech Sr 6-0 190

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I haven't seen any Florida games this year but has Purifoy been used on offense at all? I thought I read awhile back they were going to try him in some packages.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling Mike Lombardi has his eyes set on McCarron if they miss out on Bridgewater

Sections
Shortcuts