***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

What did everyone think of Michael Sam's announcement? As we are in a fairly open society, his announcing that his sexual preference is homosexual. Has he hurt his draft status? Most folks had him as a 4-5 round draft choice, has he dropped or has it improved?

it in reality may hurt him a couple picks with teams that dont want the distraction but all in all it shouldnt affect his status much at all

After I wrote the first post, I looked and and they suggested that he woud be drafted in the 2nd or third round though I had read on the prospect listing on CBS sports.com 4-5 range. At any rate he at least provided another topic of conversation for the upcoming draft. The pickins are kind of slim right now. This new change in schedule stinks, but at least we get the combine in a week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Not sure where Sam will go.  He is a DE and not sure he has the quickness in space to be a 34OLB.  In fact, he may drop because of a lack of speed and quickness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Was just looking at the roster and for the life of me I can't figure out what happened to Bequette.  Coming out a couple years ago I was very happy when they got him in the 3rd.  He's a height weight speed guy who doesn't play up to it.  Wish he would had worked out, could if finally click for him in year 3?  

If I remember right, his strength was always more against the run more so than a pass rusher but he still lead the SEC in sacks.  

And what if I said NE has a 4.37 40 guy that's 6'3" 230+ lb WR on the roster.  I'm sure most know about Mark Harrison but damn, can this guy get it?

Sam McCguffie, 4.3 40 4.02 short shuffle 11'+ broad jump,  is he the next WR to catch 100 from brady?  has talent but has had a few concussions. He's assigned to practice squad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

Was just looking at the roster and for the life of me I can't figure out what happened to Bequette.  Coming out a couple years ago I was very happy when they got him in the 3rd.  He's a height weight speed guy who doesn't play up to it.  Wish he would had worked out, could if finally click for him in year 3?  

If I remember right, his strength was always more against the run more so than a pass rusher but he still lead the SEC in sacks.  

And what if I said NE has a 4.37 40 guy that's 6'3" 230+ lb WR on the roster.  I'm sure most know about Mark Harrison but damn, can this guy get it?

Sam McCguffie, 4.3 40 4.02 short shuffle 11'+ broad jump,  is he the next WR to catch 100 from brady?  has talent but has had a few concussions. He's assigned to practice squad.

Harrison is a guy who we should all keep in mind.  I was thrilled when we signed him last year, and I thought BB made a good decision to "Red Shirt" him and let his foot heal, get a feel for the system, etc.  I'm pretty intrigued to see if he can put it all together.  McGuffie is another freak athlete.  Pretty insane short-area quickness.  Again, can he put it all together and find a niche in our offense?  We will see.  Keep an eye on TJ Moe too.  Good post.  It's great to speculate about who we might draft this spring, but sometimes we need to take a look at some of the guys who we already have signed.  If even one of these players can take a step forward and become a legit recieving threat, then it could really ease the need to draft a WR.  Another futures-contract guy to  keep in mind is Braxton Cave, Center from ND.  He has good size for the position, (around 315 lbs I think), and he was a decent prospect coming out of college.  Could be another guy who was being Red-Shirted with the idea of him competing for a roster spot in 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What did everyone think of Michael Sam's announcement? As we are in a fairly open society, his announcing that his sexual preference is homosexual. Has he hurt his draft status? Most folks had him as a 4-5 round draft choice, has he dropped or has it improved?

it in reality may hurt him a couple picks with teams that dont want the distraction but all in all it shouldnt affect his status much at all

It should not hurt him, but it will. For some teams, he just got taken of the board. For the rest, the teams can be split into two camps.

1) Teams who will decide to pick a comparable talent (3rd round) just because the other talent does not come with a circus.

2) Teams who know that #1 above is happening, so will not be in a hurry to pick him.

The question for the teams is how much of a distraction this will be. Will it be up to Tebow level? The they will decide, at what pick will that distraction be worth it. 

He is a good enough player so that the conversation around him should be all about his performance on the field. 

Just how good is he? Well, some people will point to his 2013 sack total of 12, which ranks him tied for 7th in CFL. For reference on how productive that was, top sacks this year was 15.

To me, more important is his Tackles for Loss. It's an indication of how consistently he gets to the backfield. His total was 19 - good enough to rank him tied for 9th, with Mack, Bradford and Jeffcoat.

On both sacks and TFLs, Sam was 50% better than teammate Ealy (8 sacks and 14 TFLs), who is contending for a first round grade, probably because Ealy is 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Sam is 603, 255.

Unless he underperforms in the combine, he should be a solid 3rd rounder. I anticipate that he drops to the third day. The only question is how far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

It should not hurt him, but it will. For some teams, he just got taken of the board. For the rest, the teams can be split into two camps.

1) Teams who will decide to pick a comparable talent (3rd round) just because the other talent does not come with a circus.

2) Teams who know that #1 above is happening, so will not be in a hurry to pick him.

The question for the teams is how much of a distraction this will be. Will it be up to Tebow level? The they will decide, at what pick will that distraction be worth it. 

He is a good enough player so that the conversation around him should be all about his performance on the field. 

Just how good is he? Well, some people will point to his 2013 sack total of 12, which ranks him tied for 7th in CFL. For reference on how productive that was, top sacks this year was 15.

To me, more important is his Tackles for Loss. It's an indication of how consistently he gets to the backfield. His total was 19 - good enough to rank him tied for 9th, with Mack, Bradford and Jeffcoat.

On both sacks and TFLs, Sam was 50% better than teammate Ealy (8 sacks and 14 TFLs), who is contending for a first round grade, probably because Ealy is 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. Sam is 603, 255.

Unless he underperforms in the combine, he should be a solid 3rd rounder. I anticipate that he drops to the third day. The only question is how far.

I share similar thoughts... but overall good for the kid for not being afraid to come out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I share similar thoughts... but overall good for the kid for not being afraid to come out!

Oh definitely. 

I imagine that a team can draw something really good from it. His situation could become an inspiration to unify and rally around, for the team that picks him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Oh definitely. 

I imagine that a team can draw something really good from it. His situation could become an inspiration to unify and rally around, for the team that picks him. 

Agreed.  My initial thought was... he's likely to drop a bit, but the kid can ball, so BB will capitalize and snag him if he does.  If there's a coach/team in the league that handles assumed distractions better than BB/NE, I'd like to see him/it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Oh definitely. 

Agreed.  My initial thought was... he's likely to drop a bit, but the kid can ball, so BB will capitalize and snag him if he does.  If there's a coach/team in the league that handles assumed distractions better than BB/NE, I'd like to see him/it.

I don't know if BB would pick him. I would not mind if he snagged Sam if he's still available in the fifth/sixth. It's not just BB. I think they have the leaders in their roster too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I digress from the Sam conversation...

As I was looking up Sam's stats, I noticed that Marcus Smith finished second in sacks with 14. He also finished with 18 TFLs, good enough to tie for 8th most in college.

I liked him a lot based on what I saw during Louisville games. These stats just make me a bigger fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As I was looking up Sam's stats, I noticed that Marcus Smith finished second in sacks with 14. He also finished with 18 TFLs, good enough to tie for 8th most in college.

I liked him a lot based on what I saw during Louisville games. These stats just make me a bigger fan.

Agreed on Smith... no one's talking about him, but he popped on tape to me... really, really disruptive off the edge, and love the motor.  I have him as a Rd 1 talent, which is higher than most.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Any thoughts on NC State S/CB Dontae Johnson?  I've seen one site list him as a Rd 1 talent, but I just don't see it.  He's a long (6-2 199), athletic DB, that plays physical on the edge and looks good in run support (not afraid to take on/take out OL to blow up a play), but a move to S is likely in order... had his hands full with Clemson's WR crew, though most do.  Could be a solid Day 3 S option given his size and versatility.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

McShay has Tuitt landing in Foxboro in his latest mock (2/6), with Hageman coming off the board a pick later and Amaro closing out Rd 1.  He didn't have Pryor in Rd 1, but listed him first in the "best remaining" category.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

McShay has Tuitt landing in Foxboro in his latest mock (2/6), with Hageman coming off the board a pick later and Amaro closing out Rd 1.  He didn't have Pryor in Rd 1, but listed him first in the "best remaining" category.

I would be happy with that.  Then trade up into the early second round to target Pryor, Niklas, or best available OL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Harrison is a guy who we should all keep in mind.  I was thrilled when we signed him last year, and I thought BB made a good decision to "Red Shirt" him and let his foot heal, get a feel for the system, etc.  I'm pretty intrigued to see if he can put it all together.  McGuffie is another freak athlete.  Pretty insane short-area quickness.  Again, can he put it all together and find a niche in our offense?  We will see.  Keep an eye on TJ Moe too.  Good post.  It's great to speculate about who we might draft this spring, but sometimes we need to take a look at some of the guys who we already have signed.  If even one of these players can take a step forward and become a legit recieving threat, then it could really ease the need to draft a WR.  Another futures-contract guy to  keep in mind is Braxton Cave, Center from ND.  He has good size for the position, (around 315 lbs I think), and he was a decent prospect coming out of college.  Could be another guy who was being Red-Shirted with the idea of him competing for a roster spot in 2014.

There are a bunch of guys on reserve status from last year.

Armstead, Armond

DT

08/03/1990

6' 04"

USC

NE FA

13 CFA

Cave, Braxston

C

07/29/1989

6' 03"

Notre Dame

CLE

13 CFA

R

Devey, Jordan

OT

01/11/1988

6' 07"

Memphis

BAL FA

13 CFA

R

Dunn, Reggie

WR

01/05/1989

5' 09"

Utah

PIT FA

13 CFA

R

Fisher, Elvis

OT

10/25/1988

6' 05"

Missouri

NE FA

13 CFA

R

Forston, Marcus

DT

09/28/1989

6' 01"

Miami

NE FA

12 CFA

Gray, Jonas

RB

06/27/1990

5' 10"

Notre Dame

MIA FA

12 CFA

Grissom, Cory

DT

06/09/1990

6' 01"

South Florida

NE FA

13 CFA

R

Harrison, Mark

WR

12/11/1990

6' 03"

Rutgers

CHI FA

13 CFA

R

Hines, Quentin

RB

10/08/1990

5' 11"

Akron

NE FA

13 CFA

R

Mattes, RJ

OT

04/29/1990

6' 06"

North Carolina State

NE FA

13 CFA

R

McGuffie, Sam

WR

10/16/1989

5' 10"

Rice

OAK FA

13 CFA

R

Moe, TJ

WR

10/14/1990

5' 11"

Missouri

NE FA

13 CFA

R

Orton, Greg

WR

12/17/1986

6' 03"

Purdue

CIN FA

09 CFA

Reed, Taylor

MLB

08/07/1991

5' 11"

SMU

DAL FA

13 CFA

R

Schwab, Brice

OT

10/04/1989

6' 07"

Arizona State

TB FA

13 CFA

R

Zusevics, Markus

OT

04/25/1989

6' 05"

Iowa

NE FA

12 CFA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Agreed on Smith... no one's talking about him, but he popped on tape to me... really, really disruptive off the edge, and love the motor.  I have him as a Rd 1 talent, which is higher than most.

I have him as a second rd talent, but if does well at the combine.  He could move up.  If NE traded out and picked him up at the top of rd 2 , I would approve.

From Matt Miller in Dec,

Productive, athletic and eye-catching when you turn on the film, Louisville's Marcus Smith has flown too far under my radar this season. With a second look at Louisville before its matchup against Miami in the Russell Athletic Bowl, I finally gave Smith the full attention he's deserved. And I was impressed.

Smith is quick off the ball and has the hand use you want to see from an edge-defender. At 6'3" and 255 pounds, he looks more like a left defensive end (LEO) or stand-up 3-4 linebacker, but Smith's quickness and range are underrated at this point. He's firmly in my top 120 prospects heading into the new year.

http://draftexaminer.com/2014/01/03/de-marcus-smith-louisville/

January 3, 2014

DE MARCUS SMITH, LOUISVILLE

6’3” – 252 lbs. – 4.70e

STATISTICAL PROFILE:

2010: 3 – 1.0 – 0.0 (LB)
    2011: 12 – 6.5 – 5.5, 2 FF, 1 PD (DE)
    2012: 29 – 7.0 – 4.0, 2 QBH, 2 FF, 2 PD, 1 INT
    2013: 42 – 18.5 – 14.5, 12 QBH, 4 FF, 3 PD, 1 BK

OVERVIEW:

High school quarterback who converted to defense in college. Played in nine games as a freshman, starting the season-opener at linebacker but primarily contributing on special-teams. Prior to the 2011 season, converted to defensive end, starting five of ten games played, then all thirteen as a junior and as a senior. Was named to the All-ACC First Team in 2013.

POSITIVES:

•    Overall combination of height and bulk is solid; added nearly twenty pounds of bulk.
    •    Production escalated significantly from junior to senior season, encouraging progress.
    •    Active hand use allows him to avoid getting stuck on blocks, fairly creative rusher.
    •    High-motor player who gives good effort on a consistent basis, especially vs. pass.
    •    Has experience rushing out of both two-and-three-point stances, played LB in 2010.
    •    Can bend the edge but doesn’t always rely on outside rush, can win inside as well.
    •    Uses an impressive spin which is surprisingly advanced given his limited time at end.
    •    Inexperience may suggest the presence of some untapped potential at the position.

NEGATIVES:

•    Occasionally runs himself out of the play by taking too wide an angle on outside rushes.
    •    Has some problems with leverage, tends to get too upright immediately out of stance.
    •    Relies on his speed, isn’t someone who routinely drives blockers back with bull rushes.
    •    Combination of average strength, wide rush angles limit effectiveness in run defense.
    •    Dropped into coverage on occasion but footwork/weight distribution are inconsistent.
    •    Can be a bit slow to react to the ball being snapped, which neutralizes his suddenness.
    •    Relatively inexperienced, having only recently converted to defense and defensive end.

SUMMARY:

That Smith only recently converted to defense (linebacker in 2010, end in 2011), but is already such a productive pass rusher will make him an intriguing developmental pass rusher, whether as an end in a four-man front or a linebacker in a 3-4. His physical attributes should meet the minimum requirements of almost every team, with his hand use, movement skills, and motor providing a solid foundation on which to build. At the pro level, improving his functional strength, keeping his pad level down, and refining his drops in coverage would make him a candidate to expand his role defensively, perhaps even working into a starting lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I get the feeling that Kraft would really love to be the team to draft Michael Sam.  Feel like he would love a chance to be the "pioneer team" so to speak that brings in a gay player and that he would like a chance to show how professional and supportive the locker room in NE is.  Maybe I'm off base, but just a thought.  Problem is that I'm not really sure how good Sam even is, and I don't think he is a great fit as an undersized DE in our Defense.  We will see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Any thoughts on NC State S/CB Dontae Johnson?  I've seen one site list him as a Rd 1 talent, but I just don't see it.  He's a long (6-2 199), athletic DB, that plays physical on the edge and looks good in run support (not afraid to take on/take out OL to blow up a play), but a move to S is likely in order... had his hands full with Clemson's WR crew, though most do.  Could be a solid Day 3 S option given his size and versatility.

I like reading other team sites to see how they evaluate players.  I agree with your assessment  with him being a S and day 3 pick.

http://yourdailycowboysfootballfix.com/scouting-report/dallas-cowboys-fs-prospect-dontae-johnson/ Dallas Cowboys FS Prospect: Dontae Johnson By CowgirlCas on February 4, 2014 in Scouting Report Share Button

Continuing my ongoing series “The Guys No One Is Talking About” I move on to the Free Safety Position. Dontae Johnson saw action in all 51 games of his college career and started the final 26. He amassed 200 tackles, 9 TFL, 4.0 sacks, 3 interceptions and had 15 PDEF’s. He is very versatile and has experience playing CB, Nickel Back and Safety. He also saw action as a returner his freshman year.

Dontae Johnson 1

Will all of the players I profile in this series become Pro Bowl players or even solid starters in the NFL? Absolutely not. Some may become solid special teams guys, backups, or not make final cuts in training camp. However, for those of you who are familiar with the series, you know many have gone on to have solid careers in the NFL. This series is about getting these guys some recognition.

Dontae Johnson 4Dontae Johnson, CB/FS

Height | Weight: 6-2   199

College: North Carolina State

40 time: 4.55

Grade: 80 | Round: 3-4

Official Senior Bowl North Team Bio

2013 (SENIOR): Led the team in interceptions with three for the year …Ranked second on the team in tackles with 82 for the season, he led the team in solo stops … Moved back to safety following the injury to Jarvis Byrd – he played that position as a freshman and sophomore … Served as a team captain vs. LaTech, Syracuse and UNC.

Dontae Johnson2012 (JUNIOR): Moved to cornerback in the preseason after playing safety last year, he moved to the slot when the Pack brought in its nickel package … Matched up against the ACC’s leading receiver, Mike Campanero, in the win over Wake Forest, he held him to five catches for 14 yards … Named the ACC Defensive Back of the Week for that performance … Teamed with David Amerson to make up the tallest pair of starting CBs in the country … Had a huge game in the win over No. 3 Florida State, with six tackles and a 15-yard sack.

2011 (SOPHOMORE): The Pack’s nickel back, he started two games at linebacker when the Pack was in a 4-2-5 lineup … Earned the starting nod in the wins over No. 7 Clemson and the regular season finale versus Maryland … Saw action in every game of the season, playing a season-high 58 stops in the Clemson victory … Tallied three sacks for the season, all came in the last four games … A member of the university’s Pack’s Pact Program, which encourages campus leadership and networking.

Dontae Johnson2010 (FRESHMAN): Backup at the field safety spot, he saw action in every game but the Florida State contest … In for a season-high 62 snaps at East Carolina, his eight tackles in that contest were also his best … Started the win over Boston College, he was one of just five true freshmen to get the starting nod in 2010.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played safety for coach Jerry Eure at Pennington Prep … Considered the sixth-best prospect in the state … A first-team New Jersey all-prep performer … Recorded 108 tackles, six interceptions and three forced fumbles during his senior campaign … Pulled down 50 passes for 600 yards and 13 touchdowns as a receiver … Had 100-yard kickoff return for touchdown … Also played AAU basketball for Team NJABC … A sport management major.

Dontae Johnson 3

Film Study

• Dontae Johnson has good height and length and is extremely athletic. He was recruited to play both basketball and football. He has quick feet and elite lateral moving ability. (Basketball players usually do).
    • Dontae Johnson has fluid hips and a nice pedal. He has receiver-like ball skills (he played WR in high school), soft hands and tracks the ball well. He has the closing speed to cover sideline to sideline. He is a very rangy player. He is a willing and physical run defender who isn’t afraid to come up and lay the wood. However, he needs to improve his tackling technique: get a little lower and wrap up more consistently.
    • Dontae Johnson played power forward in basketball and boasts a 34″ vertical jump which makes him a good red zone defender: especially in the endzone. He moves well in traffic and as a former basketball player he is good at winning the jump ball battles. He adjusts well to low and wide throws despite his tall stature.
    • Dontae Johnson closes quickly on the ball when in off coverage and against east west runs. Will pop receivers and runningbacks to try and dislodge the ball. He does a nice job of working through receiver blocks with strong hands and quickness.

The Dallas Cowboys could use some depth at the Safety position, but can’t afford to use a high draft pick due the glaring needs on the offensive and defensive lines.

Dontae Johnson has all of the intangibles to be a good center fielder at the next level. He matched up well against the ACC’s leading receiver, Mike Campanero as a junior: he held him to five catches for only 14 yards. Dontae Johnson doesn’t possess the elite straight line speed I look for in a CB at the NFL level which is why I projected him as a FS. However, I believe he could line up in the slot if needed there in a pinch. He is still a little raw and needs to improve his tackling (the bigger more physical receivers at the next level will break them if he goes too high) so I am only putting him in the 3rd to fourth round. He could also stand to gain about 5-10 more pounds of muscle. If I were to make and NFL Comparison it would be a young Kam Chancellor. Mainly because of his physical style of play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I get the feeling that Kraft would really love to be the team to draft Michael Sam.  Feel like he would love a chance to be the "pioneer team" so to speak that brings in a gay player and that he would like a chance to show how professional and supportive the locker room in NE is.  Maybe I'm off base, but just a thought.  Problem is that I'm not really sure how good Sam even is, and I don't think he is a great fit as an undersized DE in our Defense.  We will see.

I think he would have to be an OLB or ILB.  Tony Pauline has him at a 5th rd grade. He is a tweener, but from what people are saying a great teammate.  Kind of guy you would like to find something for him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

OURLADS has NE taking Donald with Hageman and Tuitt still on the board.

29 New England  Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh  6010v 288v 4.89e Aaron Donald is a scheme specific 4-3 under-tackle who explodes off the ball and is a slippery leverage player. Long arms to bat down passes. Works hard every play from snap to whistle. Always puts in a good day’s work. Good flexibility to dip and bend. Won the defensive player of the year sweepstakes collecting the Bednarik, Lombardi, Outland Trophy, and Nagurski Awards. Was unanimous All-America plus ACC Defensive Player of the Year.

NEEDS: DT,OG,C,TE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

29 New England  Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh  6010v 288v 4.89e Aaron Donald is a scheme specific 4-3 under-tackle who explodes off the ball and is a slippery leverage player. Long arms to bat down passes. Works hard every play from snap to whistle. Always puts in a good day’s work. Good flexibility to dip and bend. Won the defensive player of the year sweepstakes collecting the Bednarik, Lombardi, Outland Trophy, and Nagurski Awards. Was unanimous All-America plus ACC Defensive Player of the Year.

The number that matters most to me is 28. That is the number of tackles he made for loss - the most in college football in 28. Just for context on how much he ran away from the rest of the pack: Ranked second in TFLs were Shazier and Murphy, each with 24 TFLs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The guy you really want to watch on the Patriots Red Shirt program is Barker OG/C he stayed the whole season on the 53 man roster, I don't know how many games he was active for, but they never took any chances by cutting him so they could put him on the PS.  Another kid to watch who they stashed away is Reggie Dunn though he's small in stature at 5'9" and  180, you want fast 4.24 40's don't grow on trees! They signed him late in the season for a game against a team that had a burner they needed to emulate so the DB's wouldn't be left holding their jocks on every play, evidently he did a good job because they signed him to a futures contract immediately after the season ended. From what I've read about him he holds the record for most 100 yard kick returns for TD's in a single season (5) in NCAA history. Will he be the next guy to man the slot? I would like to see a foot race between Harrison,Dunn and Boyce! Because that might set an all time fastest record in a three way race in a Patriots uniform... Boyce ran a 4.37 with a broken foot at last years combine, People here are saying Harrison runs in the low 4.3's and little man ran a 4.24 at his school day...Only one word describes this trio FAST.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The guy you really want to watch on the Patriots Red Shirt program is Barker OG/C he stayed the whole season on the 53 man roster, I don't know how many games he was active for, but they never took any chances by cutting him so they could put him on the PS.  Another kid to watch who they stashed away is Reggie Dunn though he's small in stature at 5'9" and  180, you want fast 4.24 40's don't grow on trees! They signed him late in the season for a game against a team that had a burner they needed to emulate so the DB's wouldn't be left holding their jocks on every play, evidently he did a good job because they signed him to a futures contract immediately after the season ended. From what I've read about him he holds the record for most 100 yard kick returns for TD's in a single season (5) in NCAA history. Will he be the next guy to man the slot? I would like to see a foot race between Harrison,Dunn and Boyce! Because that might set an all time fastest record in a three way race in a Patriots uniform... Boyce ran a 4.37 with a broken foot at last years combine, People here are saying Harrison runs in the low 4.3's and little man ran a 4.24 at his school day...Only one word describes this trio FAST.

I was looking more at the skill guys but Barker deserves a mention as well.  One of the knocks out of college was his power, he can get knocked back by DTs.   If that's the case I would finally like to have an ancor in the middle of that line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I want Deron Furr even as an UDFA, he's a big hitting S/LB for a small college in GA.  Think he would be a project but like to see what he could do.

He started at Auburn but quit, not mature enough IMO when he go there.  He's a freak with speed and a knack for punishment sometimes a little too much.

Played wildcat, LB/S tweener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_VlZmCSOk 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

That'd signal a pretty sizable shift away from a gap control front/philosophy, IMO.  Very, very good player though. 

Sections
Shortcuts