WR- Michael Campanaro- WF *Added back 2/9/14*

CB- Dexter McDougle *Added 1/28/14*

S- Jason Hendricks- Pitt *Added 1/11/14*

TE- Rob Blanchflower- Umass *Added 1/1/14*

S- Shamiel Gary- Oklahoma State

DT- Beau Allen- Wisconsin

TE/HB/FB- Trey Millard- Oklahoma *Added 1/26/14*

TE/HB- Gator Hoskins- Marshall *1/26/14*

I've noticed the same trend as you have. That being that BB has been doubling up at positions of need. Seems like he is making sure he gets at least one guy out of two and Donald/Tuitt/and Hageman would be 1rst round options while maybe D'Quan Jones and McCullers would be the 3/4 round options which would be similar to the Gronk and AH double up! The Hightower and Chandler Defensive double up was the rarest of all double ups as he actually moved to get them both. Last year it was Dobson and then Boyce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK first on the CB from Mizzou, it's not the feet you watch on a CB it's the hips and how quickly he can turn and run. As for both Ellington and Gaines it will be all about the the 3 cone drill if they run a 6.80 or lower they will be considered, if not cie est la vie! It was the only reason why BB was interested in both TJ Moe and Emmanuel Sanders they both smoked the 3 cone..

[/QUOTE]

To me what I notice about the good CB's is they always position themselves to see the QB. You can turn quickly, but once your head is turned to Reciever, your useless. I see this happening in the NFL, and College these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

OK first on the CB from Mizzou, it's not the feet you watch on a CB it's the hips and how quickly he can turn and run. As for both Ellington and Gaines it will be all about the the 3 cone drill if they run a 6.80 or lower they will be considered, if not cie est la vie! It was the only reason why BB was interested in both TJ Moe and Emmanuel Sanders they both smoked the 3 cone..

[/QUOTE]

To me what I notice about the good CB's is they always position themselves to see the QB. You can turn quickly, but once your head is turned to Reciever, your useless. I see this happening in the NFL, and College these days.

[/QUOTE]

That can def be frustrating to watch... pisses me off almost as much as missed tackles.  I'm sure they're taught not to look back once their beat, as it will just slow them down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/16/dolphins-may-open-season-with-all-new-offensive-line/

I think we can say without question that the Dolphins will be drafting many O-Linemen.  If they plan on replacing all 5, I bet they use 3 of thier top 5 picks on O-Linemen, and snag a couple in FA.  Any team looking to draft in that position, will look to jump in front of them each round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/16/dolphins-may-open-season-with-all-new-offensive-line/

I think we can say without question that the Dolphins will be drafting many O-Linemen.  If they plan on replacing all 5, I bet they use 3 of thier top 5 picks on O-Linemen, and snag a couple in FA.  Any team looking to draft in that position, will look to jump in front of them each round.

[/QUOTE]

Zack Martin makes too much sense for them in Rd 1, assuming he's still on the board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm starting to track other team needs and create a 1st/2nd round mock, if anyone needs here's the order and needs (from NFL.com) as other needs get updated I update the sheet.

1. Houston Texans Record: 2-14  Team needs: QB, OT, safety   

2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) Record: 3-13  Team needs: OL, WR, safety 

3. Jacksonville Jaguars Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, DE, OT   

4. Cleveland Browns Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, RB, OG   

5. Oakland Raiders Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, WR, OT   

6. Atlanta Falcons Record: 4-12  Team needs: DE, OL, TE   

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Record: 4-12  Needs: DE, TE, OT   

8. Minnesota Vikings Record: 5-10-1  Team needs: QB, DE, OG   

9. Buffalo Bills Record: 6-10  Team needs: LB, TE, RT   

10. Detroit Lions Record: 7-9  Team needs: CB, WR, safety   

11. Tennessee Titans Record: 7-9  Team needs: Safety, DE, QB   

12. New York Giants Record: 7-9  Needs: LB, CB, interior OL   

13. St. Louis Rams Record: 7-9  Team needs: OL, WR, safety   

14. Chicago Bears Record: 8-8  Team needs: DL, Safety, Interior OL   

15. Pittsburgh Steelers Record: 8-8  Needs: OT, safety, CB   

16t. Baltimore Ravens (pending coin flip) Record: 8-8  Team needs: OT, C, WR   

16t. Dallas Cowboys (pending coin flip) Record: 8-8  Needs: DE, CB, safety   

18. New York Jets Record: 8-8  Team needs: WR, OG, CB   

19. Miami Dolphins Record: 8-8  Needs: OT, OG, RB   

20. Arizona Cardinals Record: 10-6  Team needs: OT, CB, OLB  Record: 11-5   

21. Green Bay Packers Record: 8-7-1  Team needs: TE, safety, LB   

22. Philadelphia Eagles Record: 10-6  Team needs: OLB, Safety, CB   

23. Kansas City Chiefs Record: 11-5  Team needs: WR, DL, ILB   

24. Cincinnati Bengals Record: 11-5  Team needs: CB, OLB, Safety  

25. San Diego Chargers Record: 9-7  Team needs: CB, OG, OLB   

26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) Record: 11-5  Team needs: QB, RB, OG   

27. New Orleans Saints Record: 11-5  Needs: OT, OLB, CB   

28. Carolina Panthers Record: 12-4  Team needs: WR, CB, OL     

29. New England Patriots Record: 12-4  Team needs:  Interior OL, DL, TE, DB   

30. San Francisco 49ers Record: 12-4  Team needs: WR, DL, CB   

31. Denver Broncos Record: 13-3  Team needs: OT, CB, DL   

32. Seattle Seahawks Record: 13-3  Team needs: WR, TE, OL 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm starting to track other team needs and create a 1st/2nd round mock, if anyone needs here's the order and needs (from NFL.com) as other needs get updated I update the sheet.

1. Houston Texans Record: 2-14  Team needs: QB, OT, safety   

2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) Record: 3-13  Team needs: OL, WR, safety 

3. Jacksonville Jaguars Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, DE, OT   

4. Cleveland Browns Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, RB, OG   

5. Oakland Raiders Record: 4-12  Team needs: QB, WR, OT   

6. Atlanta Falcons Record: 4-12  Team needs: DE, OL, TE   

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Record: 4-12  Needs: DE, TE, OT   

8. Minnesota Vikings Record: 5-10-1  Team needs: QB, DE, OG   

9. Buffalo Bills Record: 6-10  Team needs: LB, TE, RT   

10. Detroit Lions Record: 7-9  Team needs: CB, WR, safety   

11. Tennessee Titans Record: 7-9  Team needs: Safety, DE, QB   

12. New York Giants Record: 7-9  Needs: LB, CB, interior OL   

13. St. Louis Rams Record: 7-9  Team needs: OL, WR, safety   

14. Chicago Bears Record: 8-8  Team needs: DL, Safety, Interior OL   

15. Pittsburgh Steelers Record: 8-8  Needs: OT, safety, CB   

16t. Baltimore Ravens (pending coin flip) Record: 8-8  Team needs: OT, C, WR   

16t. Dallas Cowboys (pending coin flip) Record: 8-8  Needs: DE, CB, safety   

18. New York Jets Record: 8-8  Team needs: WR, OG, CB   

19. Miami Dolphins Record: 8-8  Needs: OT, OG, RB   

20. Arizona Cardinals Record: 10-6  Team needs: OT, CB, OLB  Record: 11-5   

21. Green Bay Packers Record: 8-7-1  Team needs: TE, safety, LB   

22. Philadelphia Eagles Record: 10-6  Team needs: OLB, Safety, CB   

23. Kansas City Chiefs Record: 11-5  Team needs: WR, DL, ILB   

24. Cincinnati Bengals Record: 11-5  Team needs: CB, OLB, Safety  

25. San Diego Chargers Record: 9-7  Team needs: CB, OG, OLB   

26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) Record: 11-5  Team needs: QB, RB, OG   

27. New Orleans Saints Record: 11-5  Needs: OT, OLB, CB   

28. Carolina Panthers Record: 12-4  Team needs: WR, CB, OL     

29. New England Patriots Record: 12-4  Team needs:  Interior OL, DL, TE, DB   

30. San Francisco 49ers Record: 12-4  Team needs: WR, DL, CB   

31. Denver Broncos Record: 13-3  Team needs: OT, CB, DL   

32. Seattle Seahawks Record: 13-3  Team needs: WR, TE, OL 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

No problem, it is not pasting right though, it's jumbling everything together

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB I was sitting here thinking, if any other teams department of scouting was just reading the BDC.com 2014 draft thread they wouldn't have to drive anywheres to get their knowledge on players. They could all just grab a cup of coffee on the way in from their homes each morning and open their computers and read the daily thread to update their data bases! Some of the reports on potential targets have elements that even some scouting combines don't have. Including youtube vids of the guys play during games. Stats, potential positional switches, strengths and weaknesses, damn! I hope the other teams aren't paying attention we all know by our guesses that BB doesn't read any....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

MB I was sitting here thinking, if any other teams department of scouting was just reading the BDC.com 2014 draft thread they wouldn't have to drive anywheres to get their knowledge on players. They could all just grab a cup of coffee on the way in from their homes each morning and open their computers and read the daily thread to update their data bases! Some of the reports on potential targets have elements that even some scouting combines don't have. Including youtube vids of the guys play during games. Stats, potential positional switches, strengths and weaknesses, damn! I hope the other teams aren't paying attention we all know by our guesses that BB doesn't any....

Haha, you know, I've wondered in the past if BB/NC's eyes have ever grazed even a single post on this thread over the years... not that we're posting anything that they prob don't already know, but more for entertainment purposes... or to see how dialed in the fan base really is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]Small school Starr ready to shine at NFL scouting combine

February 13, 2014 9:29 am ET 

For the record, the population in Starr's hometown is 459. But the Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year has put Little Rock, Iowa, on the NFL scouting map. An impressive showing last month at the East-West Shrine Game helped get the 6-foot-4¼, 250-pound linebacker a spot at next week's NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"I like him a lot," said one NFL scout. "He's tall, long and extremely athletic and plays with a high motor. I'd heard some chatter about him this fall and went to see him, and he's way more athletic than I thought he'd be. You still wonder if he has enough power and strength at the point of attack right now to be an every-down guy, but he really has a knack for rushing the passer and he has some real third-down value."

2014 Draft Prospect Rankings: Tyler Starr No. 23 among OLBs

Word is, Starr should turn heads at the combine, not just for the long blonde hair that he hasn't cut since his freshman year at USD. Starr says he hass clocked a three-cone drill time of 6.29 in his training sessions in Tennessee. For comparison's sake, the fastest time in Indy last year was 6.52 by cornerback Will Davis from Utah. Oregon WR Jeff Maehl clocked a 6.42 in 2011, which the NFL considers its recent best. The fastest time by a linebacker last year was 6.71 by Mizzou's Zavier Gooden.

"I think I can blow that drill out of the water," Starr told CBSSports.com on Tuesday night. Even if he's anywhere near that mark, his stock should continue to rise.

[/QUOTE]

This one's got my attention. Upon reading this, I immediately had to check my DVR if I still have the Shrine game. Looks like I will be watching football this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Def got my attention as well... let us know what you see when watching the tape.

[/QUOTE]

Did not see much of him. I believe he was wearing #41. He played some snaps. I did not see the speed. I think this is a guy who could flash in the combine, but has not really figured out how to apply that speed in a real game. He was a bit indecisive. I think his recognition is a tad slow so by the time he decides where to go, it's too late.

I am not saying he'd be a bad pick. I just did not see much on that video to get excited over him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For the record, the population in Starr's hometown is 459. But the Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year has put Little Rock, Iowa, on the NFL scouting map. An impressive showing last month at the East-West Shrine Game helped get the 6-foot-4¼, 250-pound linebacker a spot at next week's NFL combine in Indianapolis.

"I like him a lot," said one NFL scout. "He's tall, long and extremely athletic and plays with a high motor. I'd heard some chatter about him this fall and went to see him, and he's way more athletic than I thought he'd be. You still wonder if he has enough power and strength at the point of attack right now to be an every-down guy, but he really has a knack for rushing the passer and he has some real third-down value."

Word is, Starr should turn heads at the combine, not just for the long blonde hair that he hasn't cut since his freshman year at USD. Starr says he hass clocked a three-cone drill time of 6.29 in his training sessions in Tennessee. For comparison's sake, the fastest time in Indy last year was 6.52 by cornerback Will Davis from Utah. Oregon WR Jeff Maehl clocked a 6.42 in 2011, which the NFL considers its recent best. The fastest time by a linebacker last year was 6.71 by Mizzou's Zavier Gooden.

"I think I can blow that drill out of the water," Starr told CBSSports.com on Tuesday night. Even if he's anywhere near that mark, his stock should continue to rise.

[/QUOTE]

This one's got my attention. Upon reading this, I immediately had to check my DVR if I still have the Shrine game. Looks like I will be watching football this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Def got my attention as well... let us know what you see when watching the tape.

[/QUOTE]

Did not see much of him. I believe he was wearing #41. He played some snaps. I did not see the speed. I think this is a guy who could flash in the combine, but has not really figured out how to apply that speed in a real game. He was a bit indecisive. I think his recognition is a tad slow so by the time he decides where to go, it's too late.

I am not saying he'd be a bad pick. I just did not see much on that video to get excited over him.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback... so more athlete than football player at this point?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

UNDER-THE-RADAR PROSPECTS TO WATCH FOR THE 2014 DRAFT 

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

For the most part, the NFL draft is the preserve of the big-time college football programs. Indeed, every year, something in the neighborhood of 85% of all players drafted are from a D1A school with the large majority of those coming from BCS conferences. Hope springs eternal though, and NFL teams - and their most loyal followers - are always looking for that diamond in the rough who just might be the difference between an also-ran and a championship team and over the course of the next couple of months we'll profile some of the more intrigued so-called sleepers for the upcoming draft.

February 14, 2014

Profiles of 5 unheralded prospects who have been invitedto this year's scouting combine in Indianapolis

DT Tenny Palepoi; Utah, 6-1, 300, 5.15 …  Underrated interior defensive lineman was a junior college All-American in 2011 and then was part of a rotation backing up 2013 first rounder Star Lotulelei last fall, but had a productive year this past season when he finally got a chance to start regularly. Built a little bit like a fire hydrant with very good strength, he did a nice job clogging up the middle as the Utes’ nose tackle this past year as he finished with 53 tackles, including 4.5 sacks and 5 other tackles for loss. 

DT Mike Pennel; Colorado State - Pueblo; 6-3, 365, 5.25 … Could be one of the biggest stories of the combine - both literally and figuratively - although he does not have much of a track record on the field and also appears to be bringing a lot of baggage. Indeed, brings new meaning to the term ‘million-dollar talent, 5-cent brain!‘ Certainly will be hard to miss at the combine as he is a genuinely massive guy at over 365 pounds who was a junior college All-American in 2011 when he had 5 sacks at Scottsdale CC in Arizona. Originally committed to Arkansas for his junior year in 2012, but ultimately ended up at Arizona State where he played in only 5 games that year after being suspended twice for not meeting team standards. Pennel then moved on to CSU-Pueblo last fall, but again spent much of the season in the coach’s proverbial doghouse. In fact, was suspended three times for a total of 6 games this past season for a variety of infractions. 

[/QUOTE]

I've mentioned Palepoi a couple of times... seems like a high motor kid with a very good burst and lateral agility... I'll have to look into the rest.

[/QUOTE]

Been scouring the internet for sleepers. One DT that I am trying to learn more about is QuayShawne Buckley - a senior from University of Idaho. He's 6-4, 305.

The kid will probably go undrafted. He does not even appear in CBSSports' prospect list (That is a very extensive list). 

Yet, his 6.5 sacks this season ranks 5th among DTs/NTs, behind Donald, Bromley, Quarles and Whitlock (a 250lb kid who's listed on ESPN as a NT). I can't seem to find a list for TFLs, but I know he has 15 TFLs - probably good enough for top 5 again among DTs.

The only video I found on him was a highlight video on youtube. While it's biased to showing his good traits, IMO it's pretty clear from this video that this kid is a very athletic and high motor 6-4, 305. From this video, it is easy to understand how he generated those TFLs and sacks. He could be a late bloomer who's just blooming at the right time for a team who picks him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KlHaqjF6yk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think there is a good debate here...

Quick hip turn vs. Foot speed (burst and top speed).

I am not fully decided yet but am leaning towards the latter. Over the last two years, I have been trying to figure out the key to CBs and am arriving at a similar conclusion to yours. The good CBs locate the ball early, and are willing to give up to two to three yards of separation, but has the the quickness to getting to the right spot when the ball drops. Because they are locating the ball, it minimizes the chances of getting called for PI. 

Another way of framing this: The quick hip turner but not very fast will try to keep close to the WR but will not recover once a bit of separation is established by the WR. They cannot make a mistake and recover. I think an example of this is Arrington. The CB with very good foot speed can afford to make small mistakes and still recover. 

I am still trying to figure this out, but that is where I am now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

For the most part, the NFL draft is the preserve of the big-time college football programs. Indeed, every year, something in the neighborhood of 85% of all players drafted are from a D1A school with the large majority of those coming from BCS conferences. Hope springs eternal though, and NFL teams - and their most loyal followers - are always looking for that diamond in the rough who just might be the difference between an also-ran and a championship team and over the course of the next couple of months we'll profile some of the more intrigued so-called sleepers for the upcoming draft.

February 14, 2014

Profiles of 5 unheralded prospects who have been invitedto this year's scouting combine in Indianapolis

DT Tenny Palepoi; Utah, 6-1, 300, 5.15 …  Underrated interior defensive lineman was a junior college All-American in 2011 and then was part of a rotation backing up 2013 first rounder Star Lotulelei last fall, but had a productive year this past season when he finally got a chance to start regularly. Built a little bit like a fire hydrant with very good strength, he did a nice job clogging up the middle as the Utes’ nose tackle this past year as he finished with 53 tackles, including 4.5 sacks and 5 other tackles for loss. 

DT Mike Pennel; Colorado State - Pueblo; 6-3, 365, 5.25 … Could be one of the biggest stories of the combine - both literally and figuratively - although he does not have much of a track record on the field and also appears to be bringing a lot of baggage. Indeed, brings new meaning to the term ‘million-dollar talent, 5-cent brain!‘ Certainly will be hard to miss at the combine as he is a genuinely massive guy at over 365 pounds who was a junior college All-American in 2011 when he had 5 sacks at Scottsdale CC in Arizona. Originally committed to Arkansas for his junior year in 2012, but ultimately ended up at Arizona State where he played in only 5 games that year after being suspended twice for not meeting team standards. Pennel then moved on to CSU-Pueblo last fall, but again spent much of the season in the coach’s proverbial doghouse. In fact, was suspended three times for a total of 6 games this past season for a variety of infractions. 

[/QUOTE]

I've mentioned Palepoi a couple of times... seems like a high motor kid with a very good burst and lateral agility... I'll have to look into the rest.

[/QUOTE]

Been scouring the internet for sleepers. One DT that I am trying to learn more about is QuayShawne Buckley - a senior from University of Idaho. He's 6-4, 305.

The kid will probably go undrafted. He does not even appear in CBSSports' prospect list (That is a very extensive list). 

Yet, his 6.5 sacks this season ranks 5th among DTs/NTs, behind Donald, Bromley, Quarles and Whitlock (a 250lb kid who's listed on ESPN as a NT). I can't seem to find a list for TFLs, but I know he has 15 TFLs - probably good enough for top 5 again among DTs.

The only video I found on him was a highlight video on youtube. While it's biased to showing his good traits, IMO it's pretty clear from this video that this kid is a very athletic and high motor 6-4, 305. From this video, it is easy to understand how he generated those TFLs and sacks. He could be a late bloomer who's just blooming at the right time for a team who picks him up.

[/QUOTE]

Where the heck do people come up with these names? ha... good find though, solid/squatty build... flashes a solid motor, good burst and does a good job of protecting his legs.  You're right on the 15 TFL this season... had 6 as a JR and 5 as a SOPH.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

MB I was sitting here thinking, if any other teams department of scouting was just reading the BDC.com 2014 draft thread they wouldn't have to drive anywheres to get their knowledge on players. They could all just grab a cup of coffee on the way in from their homes each morning and open their computers and read the daily thread to update their data bases! Some of the reports on potential targets have elements that even some scouting combines don't have. Including youtube vids of the guys play during games. Stats, potential positional switches, strengths and weaknesses, damn! I hope the other teams aren't paying attention we all know by our guesses that BB doesn't any....

Haha, you know, I've wondered in the past if BB/NC's eyes have ever grazed even a single post on this thread over the years... not that we're posting anything that they prob don't already know, but more for entertainment purposes... or to see how dialed in the fan base really is.

[/QUOTE] My real strength subject is the Sox farm system and last year I compared Cecchini to a young Wade Boggs and today I read were some scout is now using the same comparison, I was peeved he didn't at least give me an honorable mention.LOL

On your thought I'd bet you money they have someone reading this thread, it may not be BB or NC, but I would guess he has eyes on this page.Seriously there are guys here who have gone into detail on guys I've never heard of. Then i get happy when I mention a QB like Dustin Vaughn because somehow he slipped through the cracks and noone has looked at him here at BDC.com, it's a small victory for a baseball hack to spot one guy ahead of most of the guys here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] My real strength subject is the Sox farm system and last year I compared Cecchini to a young Wade Boggs and today I read were some scout is now using the same comparison, I was peeved he didn't at least give me an honorable mention.LOL

On your thought I'd bet you money they have someone reading this thread, it may not be BB or NC, but I would guess he has eyes on this page.Seriously there are guys here who have gone into detail on guys I've never heard of. Then i get happy when I mention a QB like Dustin Vaughn because somehow he slipped through the cracks and noone has looked at him here at BDC.com, it's a small victory for a baseball hack to spot one guy ahead of most of the guys here.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, being totally honest, I've made a mental comparison of Boggs and Cecchini... was gonna ask Keith Law that question on his ESPN chat, but didn't wanna get laughed at.  Good call!

Good call on Vaughan too!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IDK how to answer that. On the football field, during a game, he does not even look like an athlete. Maybe on a track... or a field where you ahve to run around cones, he could.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Mike Mayocks top 5 at each position.  Always like Mayock seems to use good criteria to rate a player.  He is also honest when he missies on one also.

Mike Mayock's position rankings for 2014 NFL Draft
    • By Mike Mayock
    • NFL Media draft analyst
    • Published: Feb. 17, 2014 at 02:59 p.m.
    • Updated: Feb. 17, 2014 at 04:25 p.m.
    • 60 Likes  |  22 Comments

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 22, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Quarterback
    1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
    2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
    3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
    4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
    5. AJ McCarron, Alabama

NFL Scouting Combine
    » Participants | Top performers | Results tracker

Combine coverage:
    » Mayock's position-by-position prospect rankings
    » Positional focus: QB | RB | WR | TE | OL | CB
    » Brooks: Freaks and flops of recent combines
    » Brandt: Eight with most to prove at combine
    » Under-the-radar combine storylines
    » 2014 NFL Scouting Combine: Inside the numbers
    » Notable players who didn't receive combine invites
    » College Football 24/7 Podcast: Latest draft buzz

Photos:
    » NFL Scouting Combine through the years
    » Combine's best: The 40 | Bench press | Broad jump

Video:
    » Mayock explains importance of combine workouts
    » Players to watch at 2014 combine

Running back
    1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
    2. Jeremy Hill, LSU
    3. Bishop Sankey, Washington
    4. Andre Williams, Boston College
    5. Tre Mason, Auburn

Wide receiver
    1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
    2. Marqise Lee, USC
    3. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    4. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
    5. Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight end
    1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
    4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
    5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Center
    1. Marcus Martin, USC
    2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State
    3. Travis Swanson, Arkansas
    4. Bryan Stork, Florida State
    5. Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

Guard
    1. David Yankey, Stanford
    2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
    3. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
    4. Chris Watt, Notre Dame
    5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Offensive tackle
    1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
    2. Greg Robinson, Auburn
    3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan
    4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    5. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Defensive tackle
    1. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
    2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
    3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
    4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
    5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Defensive end
    1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
    2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
    3. Dee Ford, Auburn
    4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
    5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

Linebacker
    1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo
    2. C.J. Mosley, Alabama
    3. Anthony Barr, UCLA
    4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

Cornerback
    1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
    2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
    3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
    4. Jason Verrett, TCU
    5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety
    1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
    2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
    3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
    4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
    5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IDK how to answer that. On the football field, during a game, he does not even look like an athlete. Maybe on a track... or a field where you ahve to run around cones, he could.

[/QUOTE]

Here are a couple of links with video.  I still see him as 7th-UDFA rd guy.  I can rush the passer but, I do not think he has the core strength when he gets locked up with an OT.  HE dropped in coverage, mostly zone. He seems liud but doesn't have a strong lower body.  Maybe a STs guy but didn't see it. He will be also making a massive leap in competition.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/?position=OLB

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014-nfl-draft-mock-order-prospects-picks-new-york-giants/2014/2/17/5415066/2014-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-tyler-starr-lb-south-dakota-scouting-report-giants

12/07/13 - 2013 MISSOURI VALLEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: LB Tyler Starr, South Dakota...71 tackles (42 solo), 15 TFL (80 yds), 9.0 sacks (67 yds), 1 INT, 4 BRUP, 5 QBH, 4 FF ... Nation’s active career leader in forced fumbles (13) … also ranks second in solo tackles for loss (39) and fourth in total sacks (27.0) … earned all those achievements in just three years of play … Coyotes’ all-time leader in sacks with 27.0 (all solo).

MVFC’s overall leader in forced fumbles (4), sacks (9.0) and tackles-for-loss (15.0) … finished fifth in the nation in forced fumbles, 14th in sacks and 23rd in tackles-for-loss … was USD’s second-leading tackler … had at least six tackles in each of his last eight games … had three games with two sacks … had a season-high eight tackles, two sacks and three tackles-for-loss in a win against Missouri State … got his first collegiate interception against Western Illinois … had seven tackles, a sack and forced a fumble against Youngstown State. Voting (Points)50 -- Tyler Starr, South Dakota ...34 -- Grant Olson, North Dakota State...31 -- Caleb Schaffitzel, Missouri State...14 -- R.C. Kilgore, South Dakota State...12 -- Colton Underwood, Illinois State. - Missouri Valley football

OB TYLER STARR, SOUTH DAKOTA

6’5” – 250 lbs. – 4.85e

STATISTICAL PROFILE:

2009: Redshirt
    2010: DNP (Academics)
    2011: 51 – 19.0 – 14.0, 7 FF, 2 FR (DE)
    2012: 74 – 7.0 – 4.0, 4 QBH, 2 FF, 2 PD, 1 BK (OB)
    2013: 71 – 15.0 – 9.0, 4 FF, 4 PD, 1 INT

OVERVIEW:

Redshirted in 2009, then continued to work on the scout team in 2010 due to academic issues. Started at defensive end in 2011, leading the league in sacks en route to first-team all-conference honors. Played in all eleven games as a junior, starting ten at outside linebacker once the team transitioned to a 3-4. Was named conference Defensive Player of the Year as a senior after starting eleven of twelve games, leading the conference in sacks once again.

POSITIVES:

•    Started over the past three years, earning first-team all-conference recognition twice.
    •    Tall, long-limbed player who also possesses adequate bulk, additional growth potential.
    •    Has experience in both defensive fronts: played end in a 4-3 in 2011, linebacker after.
    •    Can compensate for his lack of ideal speed to some extent with his decent initial burst.
    •    Pretty powerful player, forceful on initial contact, whether versus blockers or tackling.
    •    Avoids committing to a course of action too soon, maintains backside contain vs. run.
    •    Combination of arm length, active hand use are joined by a few different rush moves.
    •    Rebounded from previous academic issues, was named to the MVFC Honor Roll in ’11.

NEGATIVES:

•    Will be forced to adjust to a dramatically-improved level of competition at the next level.
    •    Despite weighing 250 pounds, doesn’t anchor very well, looks much stronger downhill.
    •    Awareness needs refinement; problems with misdirection, read option, locating ball.
    •    Balance can be a problem; when trying to bend the edge, often ends up on the ground.
    •    Probably not someone who should be used in coverage very often, certainly not man.
    •    Academic issues caused him to miss the 2010 season, admitted to lacking direction.

SUMMARY:

Starr was a productive player over the past three seasons at South Dakota, but will be making a massive leap up in level of competition at the pro level. Fortunately, he possesses impressive height and length which are consistent with pro pass rushers, augmenting those characteristics with adequate bulk, relatively impressive explosion and power, and a high motor. Those factors probably won’t be enough to completely mask his athletic deficiencies, and any bulk added in a pro strength program may make those weaknesses more visible, but teams looking for a tall developmental rusher with the frame to carry more bulk may give him consideration as a late-round candidate or priority free agent assuming his background/character check out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

February 14, 2014

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://lmtribune.com/blogs/idaho_vandals/article_135a5388-749a-11e2-a099-001a4bcf6878.html

Buckley charged with DUI, dismissed from Vandals

ShareShare
    Print
    Create a hardcopy of this page
    Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

QuayShawne Buckley

QuayShawne Buckley, who started at defensive tackle for the Vandals, has been dismissed from the team following a DUI charge stemming from a car crash on February 2nd.

Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:26 pm | Updated: 3:53 pm, Mon Feb 11, 2013.

Troy Warzocha | 1 comment

Idaho defensive tackle QuayShawne Buckley has been dismissed from the team after he was arrested for driving under the influence in the early-morning hours of Feb. 2.

Buckley's dismissal was confirmed to the Tribune by Idaho officials.

According to a police report filed by Moscow Police, Buckley crashed his car into a pair of parked cars and then failed field sobriety tests.

No one was hurt in the crash.

http://idaho.scout.com/2/1332782.html

He also left in 2012, not a good track record.

Quayshawne Buckley   Ht: 6-3 Wt: 303
    Position: DT Date of Birth: 08/25/1991 Class: Senior High School: Colony HS
    (Ontario, CA) College: Idaho

Biography: CAREER STATS
    - Honorable Mention FBS All-Independent Team (2013)
    2011 - 38 tackles, 5 TFL, 1 sack
    2012 - 25 tackles, 6 TFL, 3 sacks

2013 INSIDE SLANT
    Buckley joined the Vandals in the fall of 2011 after signing originally with Washington State in 2009. The standout defensive line prospect never enrolled at WSU, and eventually made his way to the University of Idaho campus in 2010.

He was cleared by the NCAA and was eased into action for the Silver and Gold spring game in 2011. After seeing spot duty in the first four games, Buckley had a break out performance at Virginia (six tackles, one sack, and two tackles for loss). That game cemented his home on the Vandal defensive line (six starts while playing in all 12 games) as he finished the year with 38 tackles (12 solo), including a seven tackle performance at BYU.

Last fall (2012) Buckley finished 25 tackles on the season (13 solo), six tackles for loss and three quarterback sacks. His signature game of the season came at home against the Wyoming Cowboys, where he finished with two quarterback sacks and five tackles (four solo).

Buckley was removed from the team at the end of the 2012 season for a violation of team rules, but worked with the new Idaho coaching staff during the spring and summer (he was not with the team for spring camp), and was reinstated on the team shortly before the team regrouped for fall camp.

For 2013 the 6-foot-3, 303-pound Buckley is expected to top the defensive tackle (3-technique) depth chart and is expected to anchor what could be a solid Vandal defensive front line.

HIGH SCHOOL
    Buckley joined the Vandal football team in the fall of 2011 after a highly successful career at Colony High School (Ontario, Calif.). As a senior, he was a First-Team All-California Interscholastic Federation selection on both the offensive and defensive lines, as well as his team's MVP and a First-Team Mt. Baldy League offensive and defensive lineman. To round out his prep career, he played in the California All-State game - the Fiesta Bowl at Whittier College. An outstanding two-way high school prospecct, Buckley was ranked the No.54 offensive guard and a 3-star prospect in the nation by Scout.com. On signing day he had offers from Idaho, Washington State, Oregon State, and Colorado State, and originally signed with the Cougars.

"He's a man among boys out there," said Anthony Rice, his high school coach. "Great motor, great instincts and he lives for football. WSU liked the fact that he had a motor and that his hands -- this kid has huge hands -- so I guess they feel he's probably going to grow even more."

Prior to his senior season, Buckley also earned First-Team recognition by the CIT and Mt. Baldy League as a junior. His team won back-to-back CIF championships during his sophomore and junior seasons.

As a sophomore, he earned first-team honors from the Mt. Baldy League and second-team recognition from the CIF.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Mike Mayocks top 5 at each position.  Always like Mayock seems to use good criteria to rate a player.  He is also honest when he missies on one also.

Mike Mayock's position rankings for 2014 NFL Draft

• By Mike Mayock
    • NFL Media draft analyst
    • Published: Feb. 17, 2014 at 02:59 p.m.
    • Updated: Feb. 17, 2014 at 04:25 p.m.
    • 60 Likes  |  22 Comments

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 22, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Quarterback
    1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
    2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
    3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
    4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
    5. AJ McCarron, Alabama

NFL Scouting Combine
    » Participants | Top performers | Results tracker

Combine coverage:
    » Mayock's position-by-position prospect rankings
    » Positional focus: QB | RB | WR | TE | OL | CB
    » Brooks: Freaks and flops of recent combines
    » Brandt: Eight with most to prove at combine
    » Under-the-radar combine storylines
    » 2014 NFL Scouting Combine: Inside the numbers
    » Notable players who didn't receive combine invites
    » College Football 24/7 Podcast: Latest draft buzz

Photos:
    » NFL Scouting Combine through the years
    » Combine's best: The 40 | Bench press | Broad jump

Video:
    » Mayock explains importance of combine workouts
    » Players to watch at 2014 combine

Running back
    1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
    2. Jeremy Hill, LSU
    3. Bishop Sankey, Washington
    4. Andre Williams, Boston College
    5. Tre Mason, Auburn

Wide receiver
    1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
    2. Marqise Lee, USC
    3. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    4. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
    5. Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight end
    1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
    4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
    5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Center
    1. Marcus Martin, USC
    2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State
    3. Travis Swanson, Arkansas
    4. Bryan Stork, Florida State
    5. Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

Guard
    1. David Yankey, Stanford
    2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
    3. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
    4. Chris Watt, Notre Dame
    5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Offensive tackle
    1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
    2. Greg Robinson, Auburn
    3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan
    4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    5. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Defensive tackle
    1. Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
    2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
    3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
    4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
    5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Defensive end
    1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
    2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
    3. Dee Ford, Auburn
    4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
    5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

Linebacker
    1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo
    2. C.J. Mosley, Alabama
    3. Anthony Barr, UCLA
    4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

Cornerback
    1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
    2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
    3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
    4. Jason Verrett, TCU
    5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety
    1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
    2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
    3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
    4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
    5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

[/QUOTE]

He's seen as much of Tuitt as anybody (does color for the NBC/ND broadcast), surprised that he doesn't have him listed at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

February 14, 2014

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://lmtribune.com/blogs/idaho_vandals/article_135a5388-749a-11e2-a099-001a4bcf6878.html

ShareShare
    Print
    Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

QuayShawne Buckley

QuayShawne Buckley, who started at defensive tackle for the Vandals, has been dismissed from the team following a DUI charge stemming from a car crash on February 2nd.

Idaho defensive tackle QuayShawne Buckley has been dismissed from the team after he was arrested for driving under the influence in the early-morning hours of Feb. 2.

According to a police report filed by Moscow Police, Buckley crashed his car into a pair of parked cars and then failed field sobriety tests.

[/QUOTE]

Good info, jj.  Doesn't seem that kids generally get dismissed for DUI's, at least not at BCS programs, so you have to wonder if this wasn't his first off the field issue.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's seen as much of Tuitt as anybody (does color for the NBC/ND broadcast), surprised that he doesn't have him listed at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but he has WATT rated at OG.  Watt seems to be playing under thre radar.  I think on Tuitt, you see a lot of sites list him as just a 34DE.  I think he he play 43DT also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting read.....

by Colin Lindsay
    GBN Editor and Publisher

February 14, 2014

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ShareShare
    Print
    Font Size:
    Default font size
    Larger font size

QuayShawne Buckley

[/QUOTE]

Good info, jj.  Doesn't seem that kids generally get dismissed for DUI's, at least not at BCS programs, so you have to wonder if this wasn't his first off the field issue.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I edited my post.  That was his second offense.

Sections
Shortcuts