***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to APpats22's comment:

Thinking more about it, I would like Nix if he's there at 29 but i doubt it so my draft would go:

1. DL Ra'shede Hageman

He scares me a bit but he also amazes me. He has all the physical tools and talent but doesn't always show it. If he can actual put it together, I think he can be something special or he'll be a bust. I don't know if there's a middle ground.

2. TE Troy Niklas

My number 1 choice at TE. He is a beast and easily my favorite of the draft. The best thing is he's versatile, he can be an elite blocker or a threat as receiver. It'll throw teams off if him and Gronk are ever on the same field.

3. LB Telvin Smith

The only other player that could possibly beat Niklas as my favorite is Smith. He may be light (218 lbs) but the guy is fearless and always around the ball. Not injury prone at all and has coverage skills that are important in today's NFL. He can play the hybrid LB/S BB has always coveted. IMO I think he can end up being a steal at this point of the 3rd round.

4. QB AJ Mccarron

TB is only getting older but who is a better protege to bring in than Mccarron? Loved his comments about the Pats during the combine so I had to pick him up here.

*5. RB Andre Williams*

Yes we don't have a pick in the 5th but I'm sure BB can pick one up if he wanted to. If he does, i'd go with Williams. Yes Andre Williams. I have a feeling that he will slip to the 5th seeing as he has some injury concerns and also 1 year of production. Plus he isn't a proven receiving back by any means. It's about time the Pats bring a BC Eagle back home and is really any worse than Bolden?

6. C Ted Larsen

OL is def a need but i'm confident that Kline can step up at OG so that really only leaves a future replacement at C. Larsen is a big man that won't get tossed like Wendell or our other undersized centers do. He doesn't need to step in right away which is the good thing. Hopefully the Pats can develop OL without Scar there.

6. TE Colt Lyerla

OK ok not a popular pick with some people here but you guys can't deny that he has talent. He is explosive and has fantastic athleticism. He didn't run alot of routes at Oregon and isn't a polished route runner but that can be fixed at the next level. He does have his weaknesses (15 reps at the bench press, plus his off field issues) but I honestly don't think it outweighs his positives. He is a bargain this late and we all know BB is the ultimate bargain hunter.

7. LB Max Bullough

Lastly we got Bullough. He was a productive member of the Michigan St defense that was all over the field. He was suspended for the biggest game of his college career but he's just another bargain for BB to swoop up with. I like the way he plays and would love to see him in a Pats uniform.

WRs and a Safety were missing from this draft but I took that into account. I'm actually confident in Dobson and Boyce to be productive. I also thought TJ Moe would've made the team last year if he didn't tear his achilles. Don't forget about Mark Harrison as well. With both a year in the system, I think they can actually compete for roster spots.

Now when it comes down to S, I think Harmon is ready for a bigger role and that BB will bring in someone through FA (TJ Ward hopefully). Lastly is DL, the least of my concerns. I think a group of Vince, Kelly, Jones, Nink, Siliga, Armstead, Buchanan, Jones, Vellano, and now Hageman is more than capable to be a pretty good line.

Overall I would be estatic with this draft. The only part i would like to see is for Logan Thomas to be picked up. He throws a nice ball and has all exceptional physical tools but is very inconsistent. I think learning behind TB and having NFL coaching can bring out the best in him.

I like the players that you've projected in Rd 1-5, but I think Niklas, Smith, McCarron and Williams will be gone a round or half round before the above projection.  Niklas and/or Smith might be there, but IDK.

Ted Larsen was drafted by the Patriots in 2010, but I believe he's now a FA.  Did you mean Tyler Larsen?

I want no part of Lyerla and don't believe his talent outweighs his off the field problems.  I also would not expect the Kraft family to allow the drafting of this kid after the nonsense he spewed about Sandy Hook.

Bullough is a possibility in Rd 7 and I think he's good value there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Assuming Talib moves on and they don't address the CB position in FA (or a trade)... would you be pissed if BB spent his Rd 1 pick on Roby, Fuller or Verrett?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Thinking more about it, I would like Nix if he's there at 29 but i doubt it so my draft would go:

1. DL Ra'shede Hageman

He scares me a bit but he also amazes me. He has all the physical tools and talent but doesn't always show it. If he can actual put it together, I think he can be something special or he'll be a bust. I don't know if there's a middle ground.

2. TE Troy Niklas

My number 1 choice at TE. He is a beast and easily my favorite of the draft. The best thing is he's versatile, he can be an elite blocker or a threat as receiver. It'll throw teams off if him and Gronk are ever on the same field.

3. LB Telvin Smith

The only other player that could possibly beat Niklas as my favorite is Smith. He may be light (218 lbs) but the guy is fearless and always around the ball. Not injury prone at all and has coverage skills that are important in today's NFL. He can play the hybrid LB/S BB has always coveted. IMO I think he can end up being a steal at this point of the 3rd round.

4. QB AJ Mccarron

TB is only getting older but who is a better protege to bring in than Mccarron? Loved his comments about the Pats during the combine so I had to pick him up here.

*5. RB Andre Williams*

Yes we don't have a pick in the 5th but I'm sure BB can pick one up if he wanted to. If he does, i'd go with Williams. Yes Andre Williams. I have a feeling that he will slip to the 5th seeing as he has some injury concerns and also 1 year of production. Plus he isn't a proven receiving back by any means. It's about time the Pats bring a BC Eagle back home and is really any worse than Bolden?

6. C Ted Larsen

OL is def a need but i'm confident that Kline can step up at OG so that really only leaves a future replacement at C. Larsen is a big man that won't get tossed like Wendell or our other undersized centers do. He doesn't need to step in right away which is the good thing. Hopefully the Pats can develop OL without Scar there.

6. TE Colt Lyerla

OK ok not a popular pick with some people here but you guys can't deny that he has talent. He is explosive and has fantastic athleticism. He didn't run alot of routes at Oregon and isn't a polished route runner but that can be fixed at the next level. He does have his weaknesses (15 reps at the bench press, plus his off field issues) but I honestly don't think it outweighs his positives. He is a bargain this late and we all know BB is the ultimate bargain hunter.

7. LB Max Bullough

Lastly we got Bullough. He was a productive member of the Michigan St defense that was all over the field. He was suspended for the biggest game of his college career but he's just another bargain for BB to swoop up with. I like the way he plays and would love to see him in a Pats uniform.

WRs and a Safety were missing from this draft but I took that into account. I'm actually confident in Dobson and Boyce to be productive. I also thought TJ Moe would've made the team last year if he didn't tear his achilles. Don't forget about Mark Harrison as well. With both a year in the system, I think they can actually compete for roster spots.

Now when it comes down to S, I think Harmon is ready for a bigger role and that BB will bring in someone through FA (TJ Ward hopefully). Lastly is DL, the least of my concerns. I think a group of Vince, Kelly, Jones, Nink, Siliga, Armstead, Buchanan, Jones, Vellano, and now Hageman is more than capable to be a pretty good line.

Overall I would be estatic with this draft. The only part i would like to see is for Logan Thomas to be picked up. He throws a nice ball and has all exceptional physical tools but is very inconsistent. I think learning behind TB and having NFL coaching can bring out the best in him.

I like the players that you've projected in Rd 1-5, but I think Niklas, Smith, McCarron and Williams will be gone a round or half round before the above projection.  Niklas and/or Smith might be there, but IDK.

Ted Larsen was drafted by the Patriots in 2010, but I believe he's now a FA.  Did you mean Tyler Larsen?

I want no part of Lyerla and don't believe his talent outweighs his off the field problems.  I also would not expect the Kraft family to allow the drafting of this kid after the nonsense he spewed about Sandy Hook.

Oops yeah Tyler Larsen but I feel like every year when I look at the prospects, a lot go later than I expected. So I figured I'd go with them being their later. I'm cool with trading down in the 1st if that meant we could getNiklas and Smith

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's a Mock Draft I read on Bleacherreport.com last night:

1rst round they select Jimmy Ward SS, from N.ILL

2nd round with houstons pick (for Mallett) they select Xaiver Su'a Filo Guard UCLA

2nd round with their pick Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

3rd round their pick Kurt Mettenberger QB LSU

4rth round their pick Christian Kirksey LB Iowa

5th round no pick

6th Philly's pick acquired from the sopoaga trade last season they select Colt Lyerla TE Oregon

6th round their pick they Rico Allen DB from Purdue

This is not my mock draft but I like the entire draft, however I expect the Patriots could receive 2 comp picks in the late rounds, though they could get a 5th for Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Assuming Talib moves on and they don't address the CB position in FA (or a trade)... would you be pissed if BB spent his Rd 1 pick on Roby, Fuller or Verrett?

Given BB's track record with CB's might be yeah. But then again I always put more weight into the pass rush then I do the secondary potection so I always want guys in the trenches take care of first and secondary second

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Given BB's track record with CB's might be yeah. But then again I always put more weight into the pass rush then I do the secondary potection so I always want guys in the trenches take care of first and secondary second

Yeah, I maintain hope that they can land Ealy or Tuitt or Hageman, but if not on of the (3) would be a very good pick.

In regards to Verrett, wow can this kid play football.  The size will always be an issue, but instincts, awareness, ball skills and closing speed are close to elite... he's also physical/solid vs. the run.  There just aren't many holes to his game, outside of his measurables... just a very, very good football player that's done his thing vs. elite comp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My updated Big 60 Board:

Rd 1: (9)

S- Calvin Pryor

DE/OLB- Kony Ealy

DT- Stephon Tuitt

DT- Ra'shede Hageman

CB- Jason Verrett

CB- Bradley Roby

CB/S- Kyle Fuller

WR- Kelvin Benjamin

LB- Ryan Shazier

Rd 1-2: (4)

OG- Xavier Su’a-Filo

DE/OLB- Marcus Smith

TE- Troy Niklas

TE- Jace Amaro

Rd 2: (6)

CB/S- Lamarcus Joyner

DE/OLB- Trent Murphy

LB- Telvin Smith

DT- DaQuan Jones

DE/OLB- Trevor Reilly

DT- Kelcy Quarles

Rd 2-3: (10)

OT/OG- Joel Bitonio

S- Deone Bucannon

WR- Donte Moncrief

ILB- Shayne Skov

C/OG- Weston Richburg

DT- Ego Ferguson

TE- Austin Seferian-Jenkins

TE- CJ Fiedorowicz

QB- AJ McCarron

CB- EJ Gaines

Rd 3: (8)

WR- Cody Latimer

CB- Stanley Jean Baptiste

WR- Bruce Ellington

WR- Jared Abbrederis

ILB- Chris Borland

CB- Rashaad Reynolds

LB- Adrian Hubbard

OG- Anthony Steen

Rd 4-7: (23)

DE/DT- Ed Stinson

DT- Brent Urban

S- Antone Exum

TE- Arthur Lynch

DE/OLB- Will Clarke

DT- Justin Ellis

OG- Chris Watt

QB- Aaron Murray

C/OG- Bryan Stork

DT- Bruce Gaston

S- Vinnie Sunseri

DE/OLB- Cassius Marsh

WR- TJ Jones

WR- Kain Colter

WR- Michael Campanaro

OL- John Urschel

CB- Dexter McDougle

S- Brock Vereen

TE- Rob Blanchflower

DT- Ryan Carrethers

RB- Alfred Blue

TE/HB/FB- Trey Burton

TE/HB/FB- Trey Millard

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to Pats7393's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

In response to Pats7393's comment:

What do you guys make of this pats mock?  I have to admit, in some weird way I really don't think I would be too upset.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1968849-new-england-patriots-mock-draft-7-round-predictions-post-combine/page/2

Unless we fix needs in FA, not strong enough, Burton is a nice pick, but there are better players to pick in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Swanson is overrated. Not sure we select a QB this year or wait till next. Bullough is tough but not quick enough. Blanchflower is a good value pick.

Man I like Swanson, think he would be a very nice pickup and add beef to the middle that's been missing.  

Hageman I like.

I think there are better players, at other positions that could be available in Rd 2 and would prefer a C later in the draft... maybe a Chris Watt or Bryan Stork on Day 3, etc.

I like Bullough, but more on Day 3.

McCarron would be very good value in Rd 4.

Love Burton and Blanchflower in Rd 6.

Has anyone nailed down what Bulloch did to get kicked out of school...or was it just off the team...it had to be bad because Great Blue Northern has him with a notation for "off field concerns"?

He was suspended for the Rose Bowl... I've heard everything from pain killer problems to him taking a dump off a balcony.... but nothing has ever been confirmed.

THis guy was a very solid player and an important cog in a dominating college D in a very tough league...then poof, gone...I'd love to know...if it wasn't serious, he'd make the Pats and probably be a decent fill in for the sure to be departed Spikes...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Everyone is going nuts about Hageman....he has all the measurables but in the 5 or 6 games I saw him play this year, he was very spotty in his play...this was a consistent thing...he never seemed to be first on the ball, and it wasn't because they were running away from him...very inconsistent...I worry that he'll do the same thing here...they might be better off getting someone with a bit less physical talent but 100% effort on every play

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Everyone is going nuts about Hageman....he has all the measurables but in the 5 or 6 games I saw him play this year, he was very spotty in his play...this was a consistent thing...he never seemed to be first on the ball, and it wasn't because they were running away from him...very inconsistent...I worry that he'll do the same thing here...they might be better off getting someone with a bit less physical talent but 100% effort on every play

Most would agree... maddeningly inconsistent.  I've said it in the past, but he looks like Reggie White vs. Max Lane on one play, then he's easily handled 1 on 1 by an OG on the next.  I prefer Tuitt if I had the choice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Most would agree... maddeningly inconsistent.  I've said it in the past, but he looks like Reggie White vs. Max Lane on one play, then he's easily handled 1 on 1 by an OG on the next.  I prefer Tuitt if I had the choice.

I agree...White vs. Max Lane...lol..poor maxie...what a bad acid flashback that is...that was a classic "cedric maxwell, climb on my back , boys" moment for White in that game...greatest series I've ever seen by one player in the NFL...total dominance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

2014 Pro Day Results: Thursday, March 6, 7:55 p.m.
    By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

Cincinnati
    We're still waiting on the numbers from Greg Blair, but here's how pro-day at Cincinnati went down.

Quarterback Brendon Kay, a sleeper in our eyes, ran the forty in 4.59s then threw the ball well. As well as can be expected, I should say. Kay never had the opportunity to throw to any receivers as Anthony McClung, rated by scouts as the top senior prospect on the Bearcats entering the season, hurt his hamstring during the forty and sat on the sidelines during drills. Hence, most of Kay's pass catching targets during position drills were defensive backs as well as his tight end.

McLung will try and put in a full workout on April 2 along with offensive lineman Austen Bujnoch, who sat on the sidelines today with injury. Kay, who had dinner with the Miami Dolphins last night and met extensively with the Cincinnati Bengals, expects to throw at that workout.

Kay's tight end Blake Annen wowed scouts with his workout. Annen measured 6050/250lbs, posted 25 reps on the bench then ran his forty in the low 4.4's. Scouts on hand said Annen was a better player than Travis Kelce (3rd round pick in '13) and Adrien Robinson (4th round pick in '12) at times over the past three seasons. In the early going, the New England Patriots have shown interest in Annen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

1. DL Ra'shede Hageman

2. TE Troy Niklas

3. LB Telvin Smith

4. QB AJ Mccarron

*5. RB Andre Williams*

6. C Ted Larsen

6. TE Colt Lyerla

7. LB Max Bullough

Oops yeah Tyler Larsen but I feel like every year when I look at the prospects, a lot go later than I expected. So I figured I'd go with them being their later. I'm cool with trading down in the 1st if that meant we could getNiklas and Smith

Like this draft a lot, and would be pretty pumped if it turned out like that.  

I do think it's a bit optimistic--not sure Niklas or Williams will be there when the Pats pick. McCarron is a real possibility to be taken a bit earlier as well, but there's a solid chance he's available at the Pats selection.  

I'm wary about Lyera but in the 6th round I'm comfortable making the pick.

I have real concerns about Smith's size, and would rather us take a C/G

Here's how I would like the draft to turn out:

1. Ra'shede Haegman

2. Travis Swanson

3. C.J Fiedorowicz

4. A.J McCarron

6. Colt Lyera

6. Brock Vereen

7. Max Bullough

Dream FA Period (unlikely due to cap concerns): Cut Soapoaga, Wilson, Connoly.  Re-structure/extend McCourty, Mankins, Wilfork

Sign: Aqib Talib, Hakeem Nicks, Jared Allen, T.J. Ward, and LeGarrete Blount

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Yep... I would prefer that the Pats take another DT; but if they do pick Hageman, I really hop they are able to fix him. If they do fix him, he would be an awesome player. If not, it will be Brace all over again; but worse because by the time it's obvious, VW would not be there to keep things going on the field.

One way to lower the risk is for them to double dip in the third or fourth. Ellis would be my preferred second dip. Past him, there are guys like Carrethers, Bromley and Gaston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Below are (10) prospects that I think are underrated in this class... who are your underrated prospects?

1. OG Joel Bitonio- Nevada
    2. WR Cody Latimer- Indiana
    3. CB Rashaad Reynolds- Oregon State
    4. DL Ed Stinson- Alabama
    5. DT Brent Urban- Virginia
    6. WR Kain Colter- Northwestern
    7. OL John Urschel- Penn State
    8. CB Dexter McDougle- Maryland
    9. RB Alfred Blue- LSU
    10. TE/HB/FB Trey Burton- Florida

Tough question. A lot of the people I had on my underrated list three months ago have gone up. I had Bortles on my just after their Louisville game. I would argue that Marcus Smith is still underrated, a tad. Will Clarke used to have a 5th round grade.

Are you focusing more on third day prospects?

I agree on Bitonio and Urschel. I also have...

WR: D Street; K Norwood; B Wimberly; A Burse

TE: E Waters; M Lehman

DT: J Ellis; J Bromley; B Gaston

OLB: S Shuey

S: CJ Barnett; maybe Pinkins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

What does everybody think of private workout with Kenny Guiton.This was reported by nesn, could be diamond in the rough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

1. DL Ra'shede Hageman

2. TE Troy Niklas

3. LB Telvin Smith

4. QB AJ Mccarron

*5. RB Andre Williams*

6. C Ted Larsen

6. TE Colt Lyerla

7. LB Max Bullough

Like this draft a lot, and would be pretty pumped if it turned out like that.  

I do think it's a bit optimistic--not sure Niklas or Williams will be there when the Pats pick. McCarron is a real possibility to be taken a bit earlier as well, but there's a solid chance he's available at the Pats selection.  

I'm wary about Lyera but in the 6th round I'm comfortable making the pick.

I have real concerns about Smith's size, and would rather us take a C/G

Here's how I would like the draft to turn out:

1. Ra'shede Haegman

2. Travis Swanson

3. C.J Fiedorowicz

4. A.J McCarron

6. Colt Lyera

6. Brock Vereen

7. Max Bullough

Dream FA Period (unlikely due to cap concerns): Cut Soapoaga, Wilson, Connoly.  Re-structure/extend McCourty, Mankins, Wilfork

Sign: Aqib Talib, Hakeem Nicks, Jared Allen, T.J. Ward, and LeGarrete Blount

This would be an exceptional draft and a heck of a free agent signing group.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to BILLB50's comment:

What does everybody think of private workout with Kenny Guiton.This was reported by nesn, could be diamond in the rough.

Athletic kid, good mobility and can make/extend plays with his legs, adequate arm, decent size... played well when Miller went down.  he has a bit of a long deliver/release, IMO... but has some definite natural ability.  Looks likea solid late round/URFA type with upside.

I've seen him mentioned as a solid locker room type and he was named a game captain as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Boys the draft will be clearer or more muddied than before in a few days! Starting tonight the legal tampering begins, so agents wanting to talk to teams can get started...The equation to the draft definately includes FA's gained and lost! So before I do my first mock,I'll wait to see what moves are made by the Patriots before I try and guess what BB and 30 other teams are up to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Boys the draft will be clearer or more muddied than before in a few days! Starting tonight the legal tampering begins, so agents wanting to talk to teams can get started...The equation to the draft definately includes FA's gained and lost! So before I do my first mock,I'll wait to see what moves are made by the Patriots before I try and guess what BB and 30 other teams are up to.

I'm kinda waiting to see how things play out in FA, before doing another mock as well.  I mean, I know what players I'm interested in, but a particular need could be reduced with a signing or two.

Any predictions on who could be the first FA signed by NE?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Below are (10) prospects that I think are underrated in this class... who are your underrated prospects?

1. OG Joel Bitonio- Nevada
    2. WR Cody Latimer- Indiana
    3. CB Rashaad Reynolds- Oregon State
    4. DL Ed Stinson- Alabama
    5. DT Brent Urban- Virginia
    6. WR Kain Colter- Northwestern
    7. OL John Urschel- Penn State
    8. CB Dexter McDougle- Maryland
    9. RB Alfred Blue- LSU
    10. TE/HB/FB Trey Burton- Florida

Tough question. A lot of the people I had on my underrated list three months ago have gone up. I had Bortles on my just after their Louisville game. I would argue that Marcus Smith is still underrated, a tad. Will Clarke used to have a 5th round grade.

Are you focusing more on third day prospects?

I agree on Bitonio and Urschel. I also have...

WR: D Street; K Norwood; B Wimberly; A Burse

TE: E Waters; M Lehman

DT: J Ellis; J Bromley; B Gaston

OLB: S Shuey

S: CJ Barnett; maybe Pinkins

I agree on Smith as well,  I still don't think he's projection matches his game tape... hopefully BB can steal him.

As for kids that are mentioned in Rd 1... I think Jason Verrett is severly underrated.  His biggest knock is his size/length, because there are few flaws to his game and the team that is willing to take him early is gonna get a very, very good football player.  I've watched almost every 2013 that I can find on the kid (vs. LSU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State an KSU) and he's as consistently good a player as I've seen.

Agree with you on Ellis as well... Gaston too... solid mid round/day 3 interior tackles.  Bromley showed some PR ability in the tape that I saw... instincts/awareness are lacking and he's not a 2-gapper, but he can make plays behind the LOS.  I also like Norwood and Street could be a solid possession type with some size/length.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm kinda waiting to see how things play out in FA, before doing another mock as well.  I mean, I know what players I'm interested in, but a particular need could be reduced with a signing or two.

MB trying to gain a perspective into the mind of BB is like trying to predict the stock market, my guess is they make a run at every available CB on the market because Talib wants top dollar and we both know that ain't happening. Again we have the conundrum of what to do with Wilfork looming in the background. Then there is the Edelman situation, so many probable holes that I don't know which way the tide is flowing! You want a players name? Jones from the Ravens DT, but that's just a guess! If I were BB before the Talib mess becomes public I'd swing a deal with the Bucs and snag Revis, then I'd rework his contract to get his numbers in line with the word reasonable. Otherwise your looking at another year of crap at the #1 CB position. At any rate I don't expect them to be overly active in Free Agency, they will be looking for the bargains like always. So Jarius Byrd isn't walking through the doors at the Razor!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

MB trying to gain a perspective into the mind of BB is like trying to predict the stock market, my guess is they make a run at every available CB on the market because Talib wants top dollar and we both know that ain't happening. Again we have the conundrum of what to do with Wilfork looming in the background. Then there is the Edelman situation, so many probable holes that I don't know which way the tide is flowing! You want a players name? Jones from the Ravens DT, but that's just a guess! If I were BB before the Talib mess becomes public I'd swing a deal with the Bucs and snag Revis, then I'd rework his contract to get his numbers in line with the word reasonable. Otherwise your looking at another year of crap at the #1 CB position. At any rate I don't expect them to be overly active in Free Agency, they will be looking for the bargains like always. So Jarius Byrd isn't walking through the doors at the Razor!!!

Yeah, I certainly don't think we'll ever be able to nail down his approach to a particular draft, but we can make educated guesses (and be right fairly often) based on need and assumed tangible/intangible preferences, based on his draft history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Like MBs draft that nets us Telvin Smith, Troy Niklas and Hageman. I'd take that and maybe add McCarron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Like MBs draft that nets us Telvin Smith, Troy Niklas and Hageman. I'd take that and maybe add McCarron.

Yeah, Telvin is the prob the most intriguing prospect in this class, IMO.  A potential new age defender due to his size (6-3 218), speed (4.52), physicality and experience down in the box (plays ILB for FSU) athleticism and range.

Sections
Shortcuts