***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Does anyone know anything about Keon Lyn, CB 6'1 205,?  Was injured at Syracuse.

Round 7, Pick 221 — Keon Lyn, CB Syracuse:
    Lyn is a big cornerback at 6’1, 205 and depending upon one’s point of view will be either a corner or a safety at the next level.

Originally planning on coming out after the 2012 season, Lyn returned to the ‘Cuse for his senior season but then fractured his knee-cap during the eighth game against Clemson.

Lyn if he’s healthy has the combination of size and speed to work his way on to an NFL roster. While the Patriots are chocked full of corners right now, Lyn could work his way into the mix as a safety.

While there is still plenty of work to be done for the Patriots roster wise, free agency is still only less than a week old and one can expect the team to remain active in it as well as dip into the UDFA market

Follow me on Twitter @SteveB7SFG 

- See more at: http://patspub.patsfans.com/2014/03/17/patriots-mock-draft-1-0-the-defense-never-rests/#.Uyqyosc82po

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to minnypat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My Responses in Red:

so if I am reading the winds correctly...I like to whittle down the names to familiarize myself with now that we have fifty days or so to go.

in 1st round we seem to be hoping that either Ealy, Nix or Pryor is there. Hageman is to iffy and it seems the three TE's aren't worth it at 29. My hope of Zach Martin seems unlikely.

Martin might be the safest pick in this class, but you're right, he'll be gone.  Ealy, Pryor, Nix, Tuitt, Hageman, Jernigan, Shazier and Benjamin seem to be the most popular names in Rd 1.  A definite defensive flavor.

in the 2nd most want one of the three TE's. My hope was that Attaocho would be there at the end of the second but that is looking more and more unlikely. We'd have to trade up to get him, maybe Mallet and picks or Vollmer would get the Texan's second. With our pick I will have fingers crossed that one of Trent Murphy, Kelvin Benjiman or Weston Richburg is there. 

Some might project Attaochu here, but I just think his talent/upside screams Top 40 pick, and he could easily go in Rd 1.  Of the (3) mentioned, I don't think there's any chance of Benjamin being available at the end of Rd 2, though there's a chance Murphy could and I'd expect Richburg to be there as well.

I love the third round and would kill for multiple picks. Give me any of these guys who might be available - D. Bucannon, Telvin Smith, Joel Bitonio, Ed Reynolds, Jack Mewhort or Donte Montcrief.

I have Bucannon and Smith as Rd 2 kids, and while they're not locks for that round, I don't expect them to be available at the end of Rd 3... of the remaining, I love Moncrief and Bitonio, who both have a shot at being on the board.  DaQuan Jones is another very popular Day 2 name.

I hate not having a 4th. Maybe BB can work his magic. Some good players will be there. I love me some Dakota Dozier but he is getting buzz and probably won't be there. Ty Zimmerman or Shane Skov would be nice. And CB Marcus Roberson. Or D McCullers.

As another poster mentioned, Wazz mentioned, they have a 4th, but no 5th.

There are a bunch of guys I am high on in the late rounds -

I've addes some names that I like in:

QB - Aaron Murray, Logan Thomas (especially if he showed a willingness to try H-Back), Kenny Guiton (great kid, would love to see him cross train at WR or punt return), Brett Smith

RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Andre Williams, Alfred Blue, Tyler Gaffney.

TE - A.C. Leanord, Joe Don Duncan, Rob Blanchflower, Arthur Lynch, Trey Burton.

WR - Kevin Norwood, Kain Colter, TJ Jones, Michael Campanaro.

OL- Billy Turner,l John Urschel, Marcus Martin, Chris Watt, Bryan Stork.

DL - larry Webster, Caraun Reid, Zach Moore, Ed Stinson, Brent Urban, Bruce Gaston, Justin Ellis.

LB - Jordon Tripp, Max Bullough, 

DB- Walt Aikens, Daniel Sorenson, Brock Vereen, Vinne Sunseri (from Bama, watch BB do a Tavon Wilson redux and draft Vinnie in the 2nd round)

WHO AM I MISSING THAT HAS BEEN PROMOTED ON THIS THREAD????

A couple of names that I'd like to add:

WR- Cody Latimer

S/CB- Antone Exum

CB- Stanley Jean-Baptiste

WR- Bruce Ellington

WR- Jared Abbrederis

RB- Devonte Freeman

QB- AJ McCarron

LB- Shayne Skov

[/QUOTE]Hey MB you forgot my boy Lyerla maybe you haven't promoted him but I sure have.

[/QUOTE]

He's all you, haha.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone know anything about Keon Lyn, CB 6'1 205,?  Was injured at Syracuse.

Round 7, Pick 221 — Keon Lyn, CB Syracuse:
    Lyn is a big cornerback at 6’1, 205 and depending upon one’s point of view will be either a corner or a safety at the next level.

Originally planning on coming out after the 2012 season, Lyn returned to the ‘Cuse for his senior season but then fractured his knee-cap during the eighth game against Clemson.

Lyn if he’s healthy has the combination of size and speed to work his way on to an NFL roster. While the Patriots are chocked full of corners right now, Lyn could work his way into the mix as a safety.

While there is still plenty of work to be done for the Patriots roster wise, free agency is still only less than a week old and one can expect the team to remain active in it as well as dip into the UDFA market

Follow me on Twitter @SteveB7SFG 

- See more at: http://patspub.patsfans.com/2014/03/17/patriots-mock-draft-1-0-the-defense-never-rests/#.Uyqyosc82po

[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen any tape on him, but I'll have to check him out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from minnypat. Show minnypat's posts

If the Patriots draft Lyerla then Myra Kraft will rise from the grave and do some serious smitting. After AH you just simply cannot add a kid like that. Period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

If the Patriots draft Lyerla then Myra Kraft will rise from the grave and do some serious smitting. After AH you just simply cannot add a kid like that. Period.

[/QUOTE] I hope too see Myra at the Razor then, because he is the most talented Te/H-back in this draft. Amaro makes Colt look like a freakin gazelle! Though the time at the combine said he ran a 4.6 NFL.com's Mike Mayock had him running at 4.47 on his first run. He caught everything during his route tree perfomance and kick in his 7.12 3 cone from a guy who goes about 6'4" and goes about 250. Sorry but if he's available when they draft in the 6th round and they don't draft him then stupid is as stupid doesn't. All the Patriots fans were clamouring for Kenny Britt and he's a guy whose been arrested 9 times! Colt took care of his one arrest and has no extra baggage. Hopefully he's cleaned himself up and will live a productive life after learning one of life's hardest lessons!! For all the haters if he does these things and he does them somewhere else then you'll be wishing you had made the pick when you could have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Here is another,

Underrated linebacker Xavius Boyd, whom many thought was a combine snub, posted forty times in the high 4.6/low 4.7 range and touched 32 inches on the vertical jump at 240 pounds. I'm told the New England Patriots will be working Boyd out next week while the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears have all expressed interest in the linebacker.

Xavius Boyd Photo: bengals.com Breakdown:

Class: Senior
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 243 lbs.
    School: Western Kentucky
    Bio:

• Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year (2013)
    • First-team All-Sun Belt Conference (2013)
    • Led the team in tackles with 103, TFL with 15.5 and sacks with 8.5 (2013)
    • Third on the team in tackles with 79 (2012)
    • 2013 stats:  103 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 15.5 TFL and one forced fumble

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I hope too see Myra at the Razor then, because he is the most talented Te/H-back in this draft. Amaro makes Colt look like a freakin gazelle! Though the time at the combine said he ran a 4.6 NFL.com's Mike Mayock had him running at 4.47 on his first run. He caught everything during his route tree perfomance and kick in his 7.12 3 cone from a guy who goes about 6'4" and goes about 250. Sorry but if he's available when they draft in the 6th round and they don't draft him then stupid is as stupid doesn't. All the Patriots fans were clamouring for Kenny Britt and he's a guy whose been arrested 9 times! Colt took care of his one arrest and has no extra baggage. Hopefully he's cleaned himself up and will live a productive life after learning one of life's hardest lessons!! For all the haters if he does these things and he does them somewhere else then you'll be wishing you had made the pick when you could have.

[/QUOTE]

I won't regret anything... I think the kid is a clown and want nothing to do with him and I doubt the Kraft family will either after the nonsense that he posted about Sandy Hook.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Some Pro-day news:

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline 1h

Stanford pro-day still going on but thus far Ben Gardner/DL killing it: 4.83s/40, 39.5 vertical and 10' 2'' broad jump...

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline 3h

Shayne Skov/LB/Stanford not working out at Stanford with hamstring/shoulder issues...red flags going to be raised...more later..

As with all pro-days times all over place...Missouri school official stating Michael Sam ran 4.69s...would expect official time around 4.78

Early unofficial times from Missouri pro-day; Kony Ealy low 4.6's & Michael Sam low 4.8's...

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline 4h

@PhillyBoyInTN don't see Ealy standing up as an OLB....Prince Shembo/Notre Dame or Ronald Powell/Florida would be good last day value...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from minnypat. Show minnypat's posts

Amen MB. If the Pats draft that whack job I will bite the bullet and become a Vikings fan. That's how much Colt putting on a Pats uniform would effect me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

No colt for me, that guy is a dink.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

Amen MB. If the Pats draft that whack job I will bite the bullet and become a Vikings fan. That's how much Colt putting on a Pats uniform would effect me.

[/QUOTE] Good I really think that's the team you should be rooting for, The Vikings are a nice team for you!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

So you know him personally? No you formed an opinion based upon the media bias just like the rest of the ill informed. I don't hate him, and he has made his mistakes but I don't turn my back on talent, if I did I wouldn't have rooted for Heron,Moss or Dillon. I know you guys forgave their transgressions. Your all frauds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] So you know him personally? No you formed an opinion based upon the media bias just like the rest of the ill informed. I don't hate him, and her has made his mistakes but I don't turn my back on talent, if I wouldn't have rooted for Heron,Moss or Dillon. I know you guys forgave their transgressions. Your all frauds.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the kids that supposedly died at Sandy Hook are still dead... let's ask Colt, or maybe the lying parents of the kids.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Bozo..

if the Pats drafted Colt, highly unlikely, I would root for him. anyone that helps us win i root for, that simple.

he is still a dink.

Hern was an aszhole and dink but he helped us win. liked him as a player, would avoid him in public.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Bozo did u see the sandy hook thing? You gotta be kidding. This is my opinion once a dink always a dink.. He has repeatedly done dumb things over and over again that clarifys why I don't want him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] So you know him personally? No you formed an opinion based upon the media bias just like the rest of the ill informed. I don't hate him, and her has made his mistakes but I don't turn my back on talent, if I wouldn't have rooted for Heron,Moss or Dillon. I know you guys forgave their transgressions. Your all frauds.

[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you don't know about his comments regarding Sandy Hook elementry, because if you do, and you still feel the same way, you are the biggest moron on this board and it's not even close. And that's really saying something. Do you know how many children died in that school that day? And you want this moron on our team? Or even in the area? This guy ran around saying it was all a government conspiracy and the kids aren't dead - go tell that to the parents who's lives are ruined forever over this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you don't know about his comments regarding Sandy Hook elementry, because if you do, and you still feel the same way, you are the biggest moron on this board and it's not even close. And that's really saying something. Do you know how many children died in that school that day? And you want this moron on our team? Or even in the area? This guy ran around saying it was all a government conspiracy and the kids aren't dead - go tell that to the parents who's lives are ruined forever over this.

[/QUOTE] The only things I read are sports articles,blogs and spy novels. I guess I missed his so called statement about Sandy Hook Elementry, even if he had said something completely idiotic my question would be why would you care about his beliefs about an incident he had no bearing on? I've heard many people make off the wall statements that seem very odd and even untimely, I don't hate on them or judge them for doing so. Did you when reading this particular article consider he may have been high when he said those things as that would have been right around the time when he was doing Coke for fun! He's alledgedly cleaned himself up and the boy has crazy mad football skills. I hope he's drafted by the Patriots just because he needs a strong support group and the Patriots have the best infrastructure in the NFL, He's a little boy, little boys say hurtful things. He needs guidence!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

for those who read and prefer to use their on mind rather than just accept what they are told.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/01/07/top-ten-reasons-sandy-hook-was-an-elaborate-hoax/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Question for the thread:

Assuming Pryor, Ealy and Nix are off the board, who do you want in Rd 1 (trading back isn't an option)?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

OLB R Shazier

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

ND Pro day, Nix in the 2nd rd?

PRO DAYS Lions coach, Steelers coach and GM at Notre Dame’s pro day

Posted: March 20th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Bennett JacksonChris WattGeorge AtkinsonLouis NixNotre DamePrince ShemboStephon TuittT.J. JonesTroy NiklasZack Martin

A large contingent representing all 32 NFL teams — including new Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, and Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert — were present for Notre Dame’s pro day on Thursday.

There were 15 players who worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

George Atkinson, RB (6-foot-1 3/8, 218 pounds) — Atkinson only ran the short shuttle (4.33 seconds) and the three-cone drill (7.08 seconds), and then did the positional workout, when showed a nice burst a running back but had two dropped passes.

Bennett Jackson, CB (6-0, 191) — Jackson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.42 seconds. He has 31 3/4-inch arms. Jackson did not go through position drills due to a pulled hamstring.

T.J. Jones, WR (5-11 3/4, 190) — Jones pulled his right hamstring on Wednesday and was limited in his positional drill, when he caught the ball well but couldn’t move real fast.

Zack Martin, OT (6-4 1/4, 309) — Due to a left hamstring issue, Martin did not run. He has 32 1/4-inch arms. Started in all 52 games played at Notre Dame, the most in school history. Martin is going to be a first-round draft pick, and the team that selects him might play him at guard.

Troy Niklas, TE (6-6 1/2, 268) — Niklas did not run or workout in the positional drills after having double hernia surgery on March 11. He had his arms measured (33 5/8 inches). Niklas was a linebacker who for the past two seasons played tight end.

Louis Nix, NT (6-2 1/4, 331) — Nix ran the 40 in 5.36 and 5.34 seconds, and did the three-cone drill in 8.01 seconds. Nix, who has 32 1/4-inch arms, did 24 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Nix did position drills, where he was alright but not great. Nix is probably a second-round pick, after not playing nearly as well this season as he did the previous season.

Prince Shembo, LB (6-1 1/4, 255) — Shembo — who has 32 3/4-inch arms — stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine and just went through position drills at ND’s pro day, in which he looked explosive. Shembo is a likely third-day draft pick.

Stephon Tuitt, DE — Tuitt had surgery on his right foot on March 1. He did, however, work out in front of representatives from 29 NFL teams on the day before going in for surgery, running the 40 in 5.00 and 5.03 seconds.

Chris Watt, G (6-2 3/4, 313) — Watt ran the 40 just once, doing so in 5.05 seconds. He had a 28 1/2-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-8 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.76 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.67 seconds. He has 32 5/8-inch arms. Watt did go through the positional drills.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

Question for the thread:

Assuming Pryor, Ealy and Nix are off the board, who do you want in Rd 1 (trading back isn't an option)?

[/QUOTE]

I think it's a tad too early for tuitt, but if the pats can't make any moves to trade back, or trade up with their 2nd, then he's my pick. I don't like him at 29, but do at 40 or so. Benjamin would also be a very good pick here, but I can't see bb grabbing a WR This early, before this year that is. This offseason has led me to believe anything is possible...Benjamin may be the pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

MB, great question.

I would go with Pryor as I think he and Ha-Ha are probably the only NFL starter safties in this draft.

If you need  a DT in Rd 2, there are options, Jones, Quarles, Ferguson, you can have a run stuffer in Ellis in the late 3rd or 4th.

For pass rushers/DE/OLB, K. Martin in the 2nd may work, and later, Jeffcoat, D. Lawerence, M, Smith.

I think for the quality of player at 29;  knowing he would start; and more importantly after that the S talent drops off, I would go with Pryor.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta read the question again ;)  I had asked it assuming Pryor, Ealy and Nix were off the board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

ND Pro day, Nix in the 2nd rd?

PRO DAYS Lions coach, Steelers coach and GM at Notre Dame’s pro day

Posted: March 20th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Bennett JacksonChris WattGeorge AtkinsonLouis NixNotre DamePrince ShemboStephon TuittT.J. JonesTroy NiklasZack Martin

A large contingent representing all 32 NFL teams — including new Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, and Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert — were present for Notre Dame’s pro day on Thursday.

There were 15 players who worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

George Atkinson, RB (6-foot-1 3/8, 218 pounds) — Atkinson only ran the short shuttle (4.33 seconds) and the three-cone drill (7.08 seconds), and then did the positional workout, when showed a nice burst a running back but had two dropped passes.

Bennett Jackson, CB (6-0, 191) — Jackson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.41 and 4.42 seconds. He has 31 3/4-inch arms. Jackson did not go through position drills due to a pulled hamstring.

T.J. Jones, WR (5-11 3/4, 190) — Jones pulled his right hamstring on Wednesday and was limited in his positional drill, when he caught the ball well but couldn’t move real fast.

Zack Martin, OT (6-4 1/4, 309) — Due to a left hamstring issue, Martin did not run. He has 32 1/4-inch arms. Started in all 52 games played at Notre Dame, the most in school history. Martin is going to be a first-round draft pick, and the team that selects him might play him at guard.

Troy Niklas, TE (6-6 1/2, 268) — Niklas did not run or workout in the positional drills after having double hernia surgery on March 11. He had his arms measured (33 5/8 inches). Niklas was a linebacker who for the past two seasons played tight end.

Louis Nix, NT (6-2 1/4, 331) — Nix ran the 40 in 5.36 and 5.34 seconds, and did the three-cone drill in 8.01 seconds. Nix, who has 32 1/4-inch arms, did 24 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Nix did position drills, where he was alright but not great. Nix is probably a second-round pick, after not playing nearly as well this season as he did the previous season.

Prince Shembo, LB (6-1 1/4, 255) — Shembo — who has 32 3/4-inch arms — stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine and just went through position drills at ND’s pro day, in which he looked explosive. Shembo is a likely third-day draft pick.

Stephon Tuitt, DE — Tuitt had surgery on his right foot on March 1. He did, however, work out in front of representatives from 29 NFL teams on the day before going in for surgery, running the 40 in 5.00 and 5.03 seconds.

Chris Watt, G (6-2 3/4, 313) — Watt ran the 40 just once, doing so in 5.05 seconds. He had a 28 1/2-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-8 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.76 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.67 seconds. He has 32 5/8-inch arms. Watt did go through the positional drills.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting take and Gil knows a thing or two about prospects.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Question for the thread:

[/QUOTE]

I think it's a tad too early for tuitt, but if the pats can't make any moves to trade back, or trade up with their 2nd, then he's my pick. I don't like him at 29, but do at 40 or so. Benjamin would also be a very good pick here, but I can't see bb grabbing a WR This early, before this year that is. This offseason has led me to believe anything is possible...Benjamin may be the pick.

[/QUOTE]

There's some variance on Tuitt as well, but I see a Top 30-35 kid, too much length, upside and versatility.

I'm with you in that Benjamin certainly provides and intriguing alternative as that AH type flex type with elite size/length. 

Sections
Shortcuts