***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical highlight video here, but this one shows a bit of Bucannon's coverage ability.  A few of his big hits in here, too.  There are too many of those to show in a 3 minute video.  Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7_3Yv8FEE

[/QUOTE]

LOL that just got me pumped, and pretty impressive the catch over his shoulder in the end zone and how fast he closed the gap to make that play.  

Yeap wouldn't mind one bit a player like that, pair with DM and Harmon that's a nice rotation.

[/QUOTE]

For sure.  Fun player to watch.  Had Coug fans on their feet a lot over the past few years.  I'd love to see him in a Pats jersey.  Guess we will see in a month and a half.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

MB et al, what's your take on DE Easley in the 2nd round?

Had an ACL in september, otherwise could have been a possible 1st rounder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

All depends on whether or not BB wants to give up his premium on size/length as 6-2 285.... but the kid can ball and brings intensity and versatility to the field.  The value should be there as well, as you mentioned.

I'd love to see him in Foxboro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

The stock of Louis Nix seems to be slipping.  I've seen several mocks recently that have him lasting to our pick, or even early in the 2nd round.  Two months ago it seemed absurd to think that he could be there at 29, but now I think it could be a possible scenario.  If he is there, I would think he is the pick.  I don't think he is worth trading up for due to his knee issue, but I don't think NE should pass on him if he slides to 29.  He is the one realistic option that I think they should absolutely draft if he is there.  Otherwise, I think a trade back into the early second round is the best case scenario this year.  I'm assuming that Ealy, Pryor, Jernigan, Martin, Ebron, and Dix are all gone.  I think we could trade back to 38-40 and still land a guy like Amero, Yankey, ASJ, Niklas, Tuitt, Hagerman, Shazier, or the GA Tech pass rusher.  One of those guys will be there in that 38-40 range, and we could pick up an additional 3rd and. 5th maybe in the trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I noticed BB at the Florida/Pitt BB games last night. His GF still looks good.

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All depends on whether or not BB wants to give up his premium on size/length as 6-2 285.... but the kid can ball and brings intensity and versatility to the field.  The value should be there as well, as you mentioned.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Does anyone know what the QB from Oregon's stock is Mariota? What round he's projected?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone know what the QB from Oregon's stock is Mariota? What round he's projected?

[/QUOTE]UDFA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Not sure I understand your question. 

Marcus Mariota decided to go back to school to work on throwing from the pocket. 

Unless he messes up next season, he should be a top 3 qb in the 2015 draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from minnypat. Show minnypat's posts

just curious, is "not sure I understand your question" a polite euphamism for ' you're a moron'. In this case. it should be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from minnypat. Show minnypat's posts

My QB wish is Colt McCoy when he is released  by 49'ers (they traded for Gabbert, disclosure I am a diehard Horn fan). Colt excels at the short passing game. Then take a late round flyer on a Logan Thomas or Brett Smith or the kid from Cornell. And look to take a QB high next year.

Pats just have to find a way to get a 2nd or 3rd for  a package of Mallet and someone/something. They need four players that can hit the field next year - at S, DT, OG and TE. And you could easily throw C and WR and even an edge rusher in there.

I suppose on the OL BB is thinking of Connolly at center and either Kline or Cannon being the RG. We'd all prefer a high pick at RG and Cannon remaining the swing tackle.

At Safety maybe BB and staff honestly believe in Harmon and plan on spotting Browner there. Still, it seens almost imperative to pick a safety. Everyone seems to have a man crush on Buccannon but I am not sold on his range or his prediliction for penalties. He's a hitter, but I prefer my Safeties to be really smart. I'm not sold on his smarts. I'm leaning more to the BYU or Stanford guy in the late rounds - Dan Sorenson or Ed Reynolds.

At DT it all depends on T Kelly's health and if BB sees Siliga or Jones as frontline players. And of course the Armstead mystery. But if Nix, Hageman, Tuitt and Jernigan are all gone at 29 there's nobody left that can step in and play. Guys like DeQuan Jones and McCullers are spot guys - 5 to 10 plays a game-  just like Vince would probably be if he returns.

At TE I prefer the late round flyers like Dale Murphy's kid or the small school guys like AC Leanord or Joe Don Duncan or the Umass kid. If the fading three - Niklas, Amaro or ASF - are there at the end of 2nd you would have to seriously consider them. But no way I would do any in the 1st or trade up for em. The Iowa kid in the third would be okay.

Just thoughts for the night...what did I hit to get italics?? It's late and I've been watching a ton of hockey. Love dem B's. 11 straight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

D
    He decided to return to return to school and will be eligible for the 2015 Draft if he declares.  It's assumed that he'll be a Top 5 pick next year if he remains on the same upward curve.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to minnypat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My QB wish is Colt McCoy when he is released  by 49'ers (they traded for Gabbert, disclosure I am a diehard Horn fan). Colt excels at the short passing game. Then take a late round flyer on a Logan Thomas or Brett Smith or the kid from Cornell. And look to take a QB high next year.

I could see all of these QB's as options, would also add in Pitt's Tom Savage (believe he was originally started for Schiano at Rutgers) and UNC's Bryn Renner.  Connor Shaw and Kenny Guiton have also been mentioned.

Pats just have to find a way to get a 2nd or 3rd for  a package of Mallet and someone/something. They need four players that can hit the field next year - at S, DT, OG and TE. And you could easily throw C and WR and even an edge rusher in there.

I too would like to see them recover something for him, before losing him for nothing.

I suppose on the OL BB is thinking of Connolly at center and either Kline or Cannon being the RG. We'd all prefer a high pick at RG and Cannon remaining the swing tackle.

At Safety maybe BB and staff honestly believe in Harmon and plan on spotting Browner there. Still, it seens almost imperative to pick a safety. Everyone seems to have a man crush on Buccannon but I am not sold on his range or his prediliction for penalties. He's a hitter, but I prefer my Safeties to be really smart. I'm not sold on his smarts. I'm leaning more to the BYU or Stanford guy in the late rounds - Dan Sorenson or Ed Reynolds.

Yeah, they very well could believe Harmon is the guy.  Sorenson certainly has the triangle #'s that BB covets, though he's not really physical... Reynolds looks like he could be a solid, yet unspectacular mid round guy.

At DT it all depends on T Kelly's health and if BB sees Siliga or Jones as frontline players. And of course the Armstead mystery. But if Nix, Hageman, Tuitt and Jernigan are all gone at 29 there's nobody left that can step in and play. Guys like DeQuan Jones and McCullers are spot guys - 5 to 10 plays a game-  just like Vince would probably be if he returns.

I'm not a big McCullers guy, but I think Jones could be a solid contributor in year 1. 

At TE I prefer the late round flyers like Dale Murphy's kid or the small school guys like AC Leanord or Joe Don Duncan or the Umass kid. If the fading three - Niklas, Amaro or ASF - are there at the end of 2nd you would have to seriously consider them. But no way I would do any in the 1st or trade up for em. The Iowa kid in the third would be okay.

I agree with you on the Day 2 TE's... end of Rd 2 or Rd 3 respectively... the other (3) are also popular names... I also like Florida's Trey Burton in more of that flex type role.

Just thoughts for the night...what did I hit to get italics?? It's late and I've been watching a ton of hockey. Love dem B's. 11 straight.

You prob just hit the "I" button below by mistake... and yeah the B's have been killin' it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

I noticed BB at the Florida/Pitt BB games last night. His GF still looks good.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she's smoke!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

scenario, Pats trade Mallett away get a rook at the draft they roll with Tom and rook.

Week 3 Brady gets hit from behind, DE holds his arm he can't brace himself falling lands on shoulder out for 4 to 6 weeks.  

Week 4 starter, rook, what's your outlook on a loaded Pats team at that time?

Unless its an insane type compensation for Mallett IMO there's no realistic compensantion that I would take.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

scenario, Pats trade Mallett away get a rook at the draft they roll with Tom and rook.

Week 3 Brady gets hit from behind, DE holds his arm he can't brace himself falling lands on shoulder out for 4 to 6 weeks.  

Unless its an insane type compensation for Mallett IMO there's no realistic compensantion that I would take.  

[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I agree 100%.  Mallet has more value here as a competant backup than anywhere else.  I highly doubt we trade him away.  I don't think BB will let him go for anything less than a 2nd rounder, and I don't think that any team out there is willing to give that up for Mallet.  Translation:  He stays in NE in 2014, and for the reason that you stated in the previous post, he should.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying, but outside of 2008, he's missed 1 or 2 games in his career as a starter and that came in 2001.  The risk of injury will always be there, but he's been as durable as they come.

In the end, BB/NC/ML will have to decide if the player they can land in the draft with said draft pick brings more or less value than Mallet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I agree 100%.  Mallet has more value here as a competant backup than anywhere else.  I highly doubt we trade him away.  I don't think BB will let him go for anything less than a 2nd rounder, and I don't think that any team out there is willing to give that up for Mallet.  Translation:  He stays in NE in 2014, and for the reason that you stated in the previous post, he should.

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying, but outside of 2008, he's missed 1 or 2 games in his career as a starter and that came in 2001.  The risk of injury will always be there, but he's been as durable as they come.

In the end, BB/NC/ML will have to decide if the player they can land in the draft with said draft pick brings more or less value than Mallet.

[/QUOTE]

I simply don't think there is much interest in Mallet from the other teams in the NFL.  Many Patriot fans are over-valuing his worth.  If you look around, it seems like most teams have made their moves for a QB already.  Mallet is likely staying in NE for one more year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I simply don't think there is much interest in Mallet from the other teams in the NFL.  Many Patriot fans are over-valuing his worth.  If you look around, it seems like most teams have made their moves for a QB already.  Mallet is likely staying in NE for one more year.

[/QUOTE]

I def agree with this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know he hasn't missed much outside the knee but he's not getting any younger.  I just pictured that moment and the sick! feeling I got lol  

Just think his backup value out weights realistic compensation.  but man I don't want to picture that moment again lol  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Finally got around to finishing my mock. with the trade of Schaub to Oak and how the Browns believe Hoyer can be a solid starter I stand on those teams not going after QBs specially in the 1st round.  With Hoyer at QB, the combination of WRs Gordon and Evans with TE Cameron Jordan is something they probably can't pass up.  

And Raiders are on record now that Schaub is their 4 to 5 year plan at QB.  

1 Texans QB Blake Bortles

2 Rams OT Jake Mathews

3 Jaguars WR Sammy Watkins

4 Browns WR Mike Evans

5 Raiders DE Jadeveon Clowney

6 Falcons OT Greg Robinson

7 Buccaneers LB Khalil Mack

8 Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater

9 Bills        OT Taylor Lewan

10 Lions   S   Hasean Clinton-Dix

11 Titans CB  Darqueze Dennard

12   Giants DE  Kony Ealy

13  Rams S   Calvin Pryor

14  Bears  TE  Eric Ebron

15  Steelers CB   Justin Gilbert

16  Cowboys LB   Anthony Barr

17  Ravens  OT  Zack Martin

18   Jets  CB    Jason Verrett

19  Dolphins  OG   Su'a-Filo

20  Cardinals  CB  Kyle Fuller

21  Packers  ILB  C.J. Mosley

22    Eagles  LB  Ryan Shazier

23  Chiefs  NT  Louis Nix

24  Bengals  DE  Dee Ford

25  Chargers  CB  Bradley Roby

26  Browns QB  Derek Carr

27  Saints  OT  Cyrus Kouandjio

28  Panthers  WR  Marqise Lee

29  Patriots DT/DE Stephon Tuitt

30  49ers DT RaShede Hageman

31  Broncos CB Marcus Roberson

32  Seahawks WR Allen Robinson

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Finally got around to finishing my mock. with the trade of Schaub to Oak and how the Browns believe Hoyer can be a solid starter I stand on those teams not going after QBs specially in the 1st round.  With Hoyer at QB, the combination of WRs Gordon and Evans with TE Cameron Jordan is something they probably can't pass up.  

2 Rams OT Jake Mathews

4 Browns WR Mike Evans

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, buddy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]D
    He decided to return to return to school and will be eligible for the 2015 Draft if he declares.  It's assumed that he'll be a Top 5 pick next year if he remains on the same upward curve.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Guys for the clarification.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

[QUOTE]

2 Rams OT Jake Mathews

4 Browns WR Mike Evans

[/QUOTE]

Great mock! CB's dominate a bit, but it is logical this could happen.  Manziel loses out to Carr.  Setting up the possibility Jacksonville, Tennessee or Tamp Bay moving back up in the firts to select Manziel.  Also, heard rumors on some sites the New Orleans would take a QB early. Not sure Chiefs take nix with Poe, but I totally agree San Diego takes a CB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to minnypat's comment:

just curious, is "not sure I understand your question" a polite euphamism for ' you're a moron'. In this case. it should be.

LOL... Not at all. Typing on touchscreen devices can be a pain and result in weird sentences.

What really got me confused was bozo's response. 

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]UDFA