***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Fresh mocks on cbssports somehow have Pryor dropping to pick 29. wow that would be something to say the least.

He's my number 1 if he falls.

Realisitically I think this could be a trade back kind of year with the best TE value in the 40s probably... then go DT Rd. 2 (DaQuan Jones or dominque easley if teams let him drop)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Fresh mocks on cbssports somehow have Pryor dropping to pick 29. wow that would be something to say the least.

Realisitically I think this could be a trade back kind of year with the best TE value in the 40s probably... then go DT Rd. 2 (DaQuan Jones or dominque easley if teams let him drop)

yeah I don't think that kid is dropping out of top 20.

One safety I think Pats could be going after is Dixon, just makes too much sense.  Has play that hybrid LB/S role as well as full time down hill thumper S.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

CBS is certainly becoming the optimists place to reference a mock, haha.  Pryor or Mosley... home run either way you look at it.

Again... I'd be doing this in my living room... but the realist in me doesn't see either being available, ha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I'm still holding out hope on benjamin where do they have him drafted? Brady needs another weapon I'm to worried gronk, amendola, edelman, Dobson, Boyce will get hurt. Brady needs a top WR this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Tuitt's stress fracture in his foot has me concerned.  That is a scary injury for such a big guy.  I really like him as a prospect, but I have to say that I would rule him out in the 1st round due to the injury risk.  That could be a lingering thing.  If we trade back into the second and then draft him, I'm more okay with that, but after reading up on his foot a little bit, I wouldn't take him in the 1st.  I want healthy players.  Also, as I already mentioned, Easly would be off my board completely.  Again, love his talent, but I wouldn't touch a guy who already has 2 reconstructed knees coming out of college. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

I'm still holding out hope on benjamin where do they have him drafted? Brady needs another weapon I'm to worried gronk, amendola, edelman, Dobson, Boyce will get hurt. Brady needs a top WR this year. 

I think he's gone somewhere between, say 25 and 35.

I'm all for adding more talent at WR and this class is deep and loaded at the position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

This is the best thread on BDC forums by far. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Tuitt's stress fracture in his foot has me concerned.  That is a scary injury for such a big guy.  I really like him as a prospect, but I have to say that I would rule him out in the 1st round due to the injury risk.  That could be a lingering thing.  If we trade back into the second and then draft him, I'm more okay with that, but after reading up on his foot a little bit, I wouldn't take him in the 1st.  I want healthy players.  Also, as I already mentioned, Easly would be off my board completely.  Again, love his talent, but I wouldn't touch a guy who already has 2 reconstructed knees coming out of college. 

I have been following it closely because I'm sold on Tuitt, now I can only go based on what I've been reading but after the surgery he had there will be no further effects of it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This is the best thread on BDC forums by far. 

Def fortunate to have quality posters that don't turn it into the elementary school sandbox, any chance they get, ha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

I have been following it closely because I'm sold on Tuitt, now I can only go based on what I've been reading but after the surgery he had there will be no further effects of it.  

I hope so but stress fractures are hard to predict. It could back up again and dependant on the cause can show up in different locations. Stress fractures are on of those injures that will be problematic throughout your career or be a random one off injury

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I hope so but stress fractures are hard to predict. It could back up again and dependant on the cause can show up in different locations. Stress fractures are on of those injures that will be problematic throughout your career or be a random one off injury

Here's a great explanation of it,

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/2/24/5443896/2014-nfl-draft-stephon-tuitts-foot-fracture-explained

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

IMO OL, DL, and TE need to be addressed before anything else. I would imagine DL first, but anything could happen.

If our first pick is at one of these three positions, I'll be happy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree.  Very tricky injury, especially for a 300 pounder.  I wouldn't take Tuitt in the Top 40.  I've seen enough injury-plagued players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

IMO OL, DL, and TE need to be addressed before anything else. I would imagine DL first, but anything could happen.

If our first pick is at one of these three positions, I'll be happy.

I'm looking DL, edge rusher, S, LB, TE first... hope to see they address the defensive side of the ball, though a Kelvin Benjamin would be great to see in Rd 1 as well... as more of a move TE that can also play outside the hashes.  OL could also use some reinforcements, though I'd prefer to see them target that after Rd 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

no more need for S, Chung is back!  Single high S now with Chung, sit DM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

No more comments from me on this :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

No more comments from me on this :-)

WHAT!  I left sp70 speechless! lol

but serously! Chung  I hope there's 0 dead money coming from that contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

This will probally have an impact on where or if we do draft a S.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This will probally have an impact on where or if we do draft a S.

I really hope not!  Ask any Phily fan about Chung lol 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Tuitt visiting Foxboro today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4761104/stephon-tuitt-checks-in-from-foxboro

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Hey what do people think of josh Mauro de from Stanford just heard him interviewed on sirius xm sounds like a patriot, already has his degree( science and technology)and stated he needed to keep his team visits confidential. Big guy 6ft 6 inches around 3 hundred pounds. I need to see what he is about KIrwin and Jim miller both immediately mentioned pats and belichick as a good spot late round pick I believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:

Hey what do people think of josh Mauro de from Stanford just heard him interviewed on sirius xm sounds like a patriot, already has his degree( science and technology)and stated he needed to keep his team visits confidential. Big guy 6ft 6 inches around 3 hundred pounds. I need to see what he is about KIrwin and Jim miller both immediately mentioned pats and belichick as a good spot late round pick I believe.

What position does he play?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stars81. Show stars81's posts

My critique of your original post:

Check out Prodraftanalysis.com and click on the New England Patriots link to get a low down on a great breakdown of the NE Patriots team needs.

Rd 1:

DE/OLB- Kony Ealy                           No way is he a 1st rounder. He's a 5th rounder at best. Why do we need DE OLB anyways we have Chandler jones that we traded up for. Ealy is a skinny guy that would easily get boxed inside in the run. I'm even sure this guy can set the edge.

OLB/DE- Jeremiah Attaochu       4th rounder at best, he's very mediocre off the edge and needs to be superb to be an every down OLB. He's never dropped into coverage before

LB- Ryan Shazier                   I agree that he is a 1st-2nd round, where he struggles is getting past the pass blocker to get to the QB, He's getting in run and has room for growth in the passing game.

DT- Stephon Tuitt                I like Tuitt, solid 1st rounder in my opinion

OLB/DE- Dee Ford            I think Dee is a little overrated at this stage. I know he had a good senior bowl, but he jumped offside at least once on one of the sacks he got (he was never called for it). I have him at 3rd round

WR- Kelvin Benjamin   KB is a big athlete but struggled a lot in the national championship against a smaller DB. I think he is a situational red zone player and that does not warrant a 1st round pick in my eyes.

CB- Kyle Fuller      Hands down beat all around CB in the NFL draft

DT- Ra'shede Hageman     1st-2nd round, needs more experience at DE, he use to be on the offensive side of the ball.

S- Jimmie Ward             Great cover S. Apparently his stock is dropping. He will be awesome in the NFL. 1st round for sure

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Here's a great explanation of it,

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/2/24/5443896/2014-nfl-draft-stephon-tuitts-foot-fracture-explained

Right but that doesn't explain why it happened. Most stress fractures are caused by a weakening on the bone or it's structure and added stress on that away. It can be a common thing and most people at one point or another will experience this type of minor fracture in their life, however, if its symptomatic of a larger issues (long term weakening of bone structure or lack of calcium absoption) then these types of fractures could become a more regular basis increasing so as he gets older

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:

Believe he was 6-6 271 at the combine.  He has some solid intangibles and length and plays the game hard, but I just don't know where he plays in NE.  Has the look/skill of a 5 tech, but he's prob 20+ pounds too light.  If they take him as a developmental guy late in the draft, I'd be all for it.

Sections
Shortcuts