***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

yeah MB, I know getting Pryor would be a miracle but I'd like to call this mock "miracle" haha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sportsbozo1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah MB, I know getting Pryor would be a miracle but I'd like to call this mock "miracle" haha

[/QUOTE]

[object]

Haha, appropriately named.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sportsbozo1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Updated Mock Draft 4/17/2014

Round 1 - Kelvin BenJamin - WR Florida State Brandon LaFell and Benjamin are working out together per Gil Brandt.

Round 2 -Daquan Jones - DT Penn State

Round 3 - C.J Fiedeorowicz - TE Iowa State

Round 4 - Will Clarke - DT South Carolina

Round 4 - Billy Turner- OT - North Dakota State

Round 6 - Connor Shaw - QB South Carolina

Round 7 - Tyler Gaffney - RB Stanford

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Round 1 - Kelvin BenJamin - WR Florida State Brandon LaFell and Benjamin are working out together per Gil Brandt.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  I could go for this if you had a LB in the mid rounds.  That is and underrated need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So while we were away the Pats brought in Buchanan and my boy CJ. That's the 5th time they've had contact with him, either through the his TE coach, through the combine, through pro-day, through PW, and through official visit. Have the Pats ever spent this much time with a single prospect before?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'd take it. Wish we grabbed a RB earlier than the 7th and you missed the extra 6th round pic but overall I'd take it. I'd also be worried about the LB depth as it doesn't look like you addressed it in the draft

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

4/17 Mock Draft

Round 1. Ra'Shede Hageman

Round 2. Telvin Smith

Round 3. CJ Fiedorowicz

Round 4. Christian Jones

Round 4. Brandon Coleman

Round 6. Aaron Lynch

Round 6. Alfred Blue

Round 7. Brandon Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I don't see many here going for Tuitt. I wonder if he might end up being the best of the DTs...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see many here going for Tuitt. I wonder if he might end up being the best of the DTs...

[/QUOTE]

I'm worried about his stress fracture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

My prefered 1st Round targets, in order:

1)  Shazier

2)  Benjamin

3)  Hageman

4)  ASJ

5)  Nix

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4/17 Mock Draft

Round 1. Ra'Shede Hageman

Round 2. Telvin Smith

Round 3. CJ Fiedorowicz

Round 4. Christian Jones

Round 4. Brandon Coleman

Round 6. Aaron Lynch

Round 6. Alfred Blue

Round 7. Brandon Thomas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

Nice draft bro, I like the Coleman pick another Rutgers guy lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sportsbozo1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Still trying to post I wonder if it will work this time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1)  Shazier

2)  Benjamin

3)  Hageman

4)  ASJ

5)  Nix

[/QUOTE] You might actually have the first pick listed in that group. I don't really think BB is going to select anyone in the first round. However if they can garner enough picks they might just get one of those guys on your list at the top of round two 33-39.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Anyone buying into NE moving up for a WR?  I think it is a total smokescreen, even though there are good players, would not present the value.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1)  Shazier

2)  Benjamin

3)  Hageman

4)  ASJ

5)  Nix

[/QUOTE] You might actually have the first pick listed in that group. I don't really think BB is going to select anyone in the first round. However if they can garner enough picks they might just get one of those guys on your list at the top of round two 33-39.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that it will be as easy to trade back as everyone thinks it will this year.  Those mid-round picks are pretty valuable, and I don't think teams will be very eager to part with them, especially to trade into the late 1st.  BB might get a few offers, but I bet they won't be very appealing.  Nothing like the package we got from MIN last year.  That ain't happening.  Don't hold your breath on NE trading back.  I bet we make a pick at 29, or even trade up slightly for a reasonable price.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone buying into NE moving up for a WR?  I think it is a total smokescreen, even though there are good players, would not present the value.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to say.  I have a hard time seeing BB moving up in the 1st Round for a WR.  I he trades up in the 1st it would more likely be for a guy like Ebron or Mosley.  I could see him jumping up in the 2nd Round to get a guy like Marquise Lee if he falls, or even Benjamin/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

In Rd 1 or in general?  The draft is loaded with them, but they haven't been against trading up for a kid they really like (cough Jarvis Landry cough), ha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He'll prob be the pick for me at 29 in my next mock... I just see too much to like there (assuming they're comfortable with his medicals) with his size, length, versatility and the connection to a BK player... and he really isn't mocked to them much, which makes me think it could still happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below are my Top 4 options or should I say "wants" at each draft slot... we'll see how much these change before draft weekend: 

Rd 1:  DL Stephon Tuitt / DE/OLB Kony Ealy / DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu / LB Ryan Shazier 

Rd 2:  WR Jarvis Landry / DL DaQuan Jones / TE Troy Niklas /DE/OLB Trent Murphy 

Rd 3:  TE CJF / LB Telvin Smith / QB AJ McCarron / RB Devonte Freeman 

Rd 4:  LB Christian Kirksey / DL Brent Urban / WR Jared Abbrederis / TE Arthur Lynch 

Rd 4:  DE/OLB Adrian Hubbard / DL Ed Stinson / S Craig Loston / CB/S Antone Exum 

Rd 6:  CB/S Dontae Johnson / QB Logan Thomas / S Vinnie Sunseri / S/CB Brock Vereen 

Rd 6:  OL John Urschel / OL Wesley Johnson / WR Kain Colter / DE/OLB Michael Sam 

Rd 7:  RB Rajion Neal / RB Alfred Blue / LB James Morris / TE/HB/FB Trey Burton

I'm also highly intersted in OL Joel Bitonio, S Deone Bucannon and OL Ju'Wuan James at some point on Day 2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

My Brother living in New Orleans, said the Saints are very interested in Telvin Smith. He thinks they will Draft him in Round 2. Even if he goes to 3rd round Saints Draft before us. Have to get some picks for him.

I heard yesterday that the Pats might want to Trade-up for WR, I think its a smokescreen. Knowing BB, he would never let something like this slip out, unless he wants someone else.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

My Brother living in New Orleans, said the Saints are very interested in Telvin Smith. He thinks they will Draft him in Round 2. Even if he goes to 3rd round Saints Draft before us. Have to get some picks for him.

I heard yesterday that the Pats might want to Trade-up for WR, I think its a smokescreen. Knowing BB, he would never let something like this slip out, unless he wants someone else.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Could very well be a smokescreen, but that's the beauty of it... teams already have no clue what BB will do and this only adds another layer to it.  If true, I've said for a long time that Brandin Cooks has everything that BB likes in his WR's, in regards to speed, quicks, COD and RAC ability.  As for the other (2) that'd likely be in play, I prefer Lee to Beckham.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

To Piggy-Back off of MB's idea, Here are My Top 4 Per Round...

Round 1:

Shazier, Benjamin, Seferian-Jenkins, Hageman

Round 2:

Niklas, Telvin Smith, Bucannon, Sankey

Round 3:

Fiedorwicz, Mettenberger, Marcus Smith, Borland

Round 4:

Urban, Craig Loston, Ellington, Coleman

Round 5:

Exum, Vereen, Caraun Reid, Joe Jon Duncan

Round 6:

Jerrick McKinnon, Devonta Freeman, Logan Thomas, Kadeem Edwards

Round 7:

Brandon Thomas, Urschel, Lomboko, Purifoy

*My Wild-Card Player is Ohio St. RB Carlos Hyde.  I really, really like him and think he could be a very elite RB in the NFL.  I know it isn't considered "Good Value" to draft a RB in the 1st this day and age, but I wouldn't put it past BB to take Hyde at 29, and I would be very happy with the pick if it happened.  I think he is a special combination of size, speed, vision, burst, and power.