***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Trade 1st for early 2nd and early 4th

Move up in 3rd with our 3rd, 2014/15 late Rd picks

Joel Bitonio/Nevada/Early2ndRd: Available between 28-45. Plug and play-able at right guard and center (or at least challenge Connolly and Wendell from Day 1), potential replacement for Mankins next season, or emergency replacement at tackle. Keeping Brady upright is Priority #1. Not a sexy pick, but a necessity. Follows in footsteps of Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, and Light as high draft pick OL.

Kareem Martin/NorthCarolina/Our2ndRd: Clowney-esque athleticism and measureables, leadership, and production. Typical BB DE criteria met. Provides some insurance and depth to Front-7. Position worthy of early pick despite Smith signing. Nink may see some snaps at LB so DE rotation of Jones, Nink, Martin, Buchanan, and Smith is versatile and deep.

Marcus Smith/Louisville/Early3rdRd: Reminds me a lot of Collins. Athletic (not Shazier athletic, but still) outside linebacker/defensive end at 6'3 250. Great arm length, hand size, and foot speed. Can rush the passer and cover decently due to athleticism. Versatile player.

DaQuan Jones/PennSt/Early4thRd: Red Bryant-type DT to plug the middle or man the end position in a 3-4. Versatile, tough, Bill O'Brien coached. Great depth player to learn behind Kelly and Wilfork.

TEs in this draft unimpressive. Lets roll with Gronk/Keller/Hooman. Add receivers late ie Coleman, Janis etc. Add a running back and defensive back later ie Andre Williams/DeAnthony Thomas and Antone Exum/Dontae Johnson/Aaron Colvin.

This is what I want!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Gentlemen, it's reached that moment during the Titanic where the violin players finish off one final song, turn to each other and say, it's been a pleasure playing with you gentlemen, before the ship sinks.

It's been fun...some great opinions...got a chance to look up lots of players I didn't know about. Here's to hoping we select the right guy tonight, or trade back and pick up two right guys tomorrow night. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Gentlemen, it's reached that moment during the Titanic where the violin players finish off one final song, turn to each other and say, it's been a pleasure playing with you gentlemen, before the ship sinks.

It's been fun...some great opinions...got a chance to look up lots of players I didn't know about. Here's to hoping we select the right guy tonight, or trade back and pick up two right guys tomorrow night. 

Amen to that, brothah!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Trade 1st for early 2nd and early 4th

Move up in 3rd with our 3rd, 2014/15 late Rd picks

Joel Bitonio/Nevada/Early2ndRd: Available between 28-45. Plug and play-able at right guard and center (or at least challenge Connolly and Wendell from Day 1), potential replacement for Mankins next season, or emergency replacement at tackle. Keeping Brady upright is Priority #1. Not a sexy pick, but a necessity. Follows in footsteps of Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, and Light as high draft pick OL.

Kareem Martin/NorthCarolina/Our2ndRd: Clowney-esque athleticism and measureables, leadership, and production. Typical BB DE criteria met. Provides some insurance and depth to Front-7. Position worthy of early pick despite Smith signing. Nink may see some snaps at LB so DE rotation of Jones, Nink, Martin, Buchanan, and Smith is versatile and deep.

Marcus Smith/Louisville/Early3rdRd: Reminds me a lot of Collins. Athletic (not Shazier athletic, but still) outside linebacker/defensive end at 6'3 250. Great arm length, hand size, and foot speed. Can rush the passer and cover decently due to athleticism. Versatile player.

DaQuan Jones/PennSt/Early4thRd: Red Bryant-type DT to plug the middle or man the end position in a 3-4. Versatile, tough, Bill O'Brien coached. Great depth player to learn behind Kelly and Wilfork.

TEs in this draft unimpressive. Lets roll with Gronk/Keller/Hooman. Add receivers late ie Coleman, Janis etc. Add a running back and defensive back later ie Andre Williams/DeAnthony Thomas and Antone Exum/Dontae Johnson/Aaron Colvin.

This is what I want!

DaQuan is a steal if they can land him in Rd 4... I think Smith is  steal in Rd 3 as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The Final ESPN Mock Drafts:

Kiper has NE landing Calvin Pryor at #29

McShan has NE landing Stephon Tuitt at #29

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Sportsbozo1 has the Patriots trading out of round one and adding 3 extra picks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Sportsbozo1 has the Patriots trading out of round one and adding 3 extra picks.

Haha... you passing on Pryor if he's there?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok guys final mock for me:

First I'm buying the Mallett trade rumors and think it might end up being for a 3rd. (Don't want to get too complicated)

So with that in mind my last mock:

1st Nix NT ND - If BB goes DT in the 1st he might go the more sure thing and the full time Wilfork replacement and that would be Nix

2nd - Savage QB Pitt - With Mallett traded I'm starting to believe more in the Pats love Savage rumors

Hou's 3rd - CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa - They need a 'Y' type to back up Gronk and CJ seems like a perfect fit for the Pats

3rd - Telvin Smith S/LB - Future long term SS

4th - McKinnon RB - Vereens direct backup and eventually successor

comp 4th - Will Clarke DE - can play 43 DE or 43 DT depending on package. Is your future pass rusher 

6th - Zach Fulton G/T - because BB loves Tenn's OL

Joe Don Duncan TE - because he has 3 names

7th - Antwan Lowery G - just because Rutgers that's why
    I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

are we ready for this draft or what? damn its been too damn long......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I just fired off my musket, let's get this party started!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Enjoy the draft boys... heading to a draft party and will be outta commission until later on.

GO PATS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

The latest rumor has Ryan Mallett being traded to Houston but it isn't complete as of yet. Maybe swap of draft choices in different rounds and Mallett. I don't know if B O'B would give up draft choices for him like their 5th and 6th round choices. Maybe they get a third round choice! BB may have planned this all along.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:

The latest rumor has Ryan Mallett being traded to Houston but it isn't complete as of yet. Maybe swap of draft choices in different rounds and Mallett. I don't know if B O'B would give up draft choices for him like their 5th and 6th round choices. Maybe they get a third round choice! BB may have planned this all along.

4th this year and a 4th next year? If that is too rich make next years pick conditional on him starting at least 8 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOD. Show FOD's posts

MB, GREAT THREAD,  YOU DO A GREAT JOB EVERY YEAR.  I DONT COMMENT BUT READ IT ALL.  I MISS FAUCET AND SOME OTHERS BUT YOU DO A GREAT JOB.  THANKS  FOD

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Terrible pick.  I can't believe we drafted this guy.  Horrible.  I would have hoped BB learned his lesson from Ras-I.  Guess not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Terrible pick.  I can't believe we drafted this guy.  Horrible.  I would have hoped BB learned his lesson from Ras-I.  Guess not.

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Why do take a huge risk on a player like that in the 1st round......... I don't get it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think the guy running the Pats draft desk at the hall scribbled down the wrong name when on the horn with BB....Easley? No Ealy, okay, Easley it is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Well, there's our answer to the 29th pick question. It was not Niklas, but I was right - Tuitt and Hageman were on the board. Only difference was that Nix was there too. Somehow, this one does not seem as funny as when we were in that thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:

Why do take a huge risk on a player like that in the 1st round......... I don't get it

It was a bargain pick. Easley a top 10 pick if he hadn't blown out both his ACLs..we can look past that, right? He fits in with our other 4 DL coming off injury. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well it's a typical Pats pick, coming off of two ACL's a full round before he was thought to go...... Yep hope he can stay healthy.....

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Im so upset so many good players and we draft a guy that can be the second coming of Ras I....smh damn you billlllllllllllll

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

... happy for Bridgewater

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

... happy for Bridgewater

Saw the interview. Looks like a nice kid, hope he does well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm really disappointed, but trying to see the bright side of this.  Truth is that this guy is an unbelievable talent.  His quick first step is really rare, and his motor seems to never quit.  I do believe that he is the most talented DT in this class, better than Aaron Donald, but his 2 torn ACLs obviously killed his stock.  If he can heal quickly and stay healthy, I think he will be a steal, but those are really, really big IFs.  NE surely analyzed his medical situation thoroughly before making this pick, so I just hope they know what they are doing.  We will see.  This is a huge gamble by BB.  I kind of saw it coming.  Just seemed like the type of player that he couldn't shy away from.

Sections
Shortcuts