***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

White was ultra-productive despite being part of a rotation, good YPC, lead the North squad in rushing in the SB, with a TD, and he's proven the ability to catch the football out've the backfield (63 career receptions)... could be a solid, if unspectacular addition to th backfield as a change of pace type (not very big)... I'm kinda meh on the pick... need to check out more of his tape then can give a better opinion.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield...the way we use up RB's in the ground game that's a definite plus with Vereen still not sure about his wrist...."meh" yeah, but not awful...just meh!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Savage goes to Houston so I guess that settles the Mallet issue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Savage goes to Houston so I guess that settles the Mallet issue.

THANK GOD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Lol I'm having a sneaking feeling that we're gonna double dip at QB. McCarron?

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

White was ultra-productive despite being part of a rotation, good YPC, lead the North squad in rushing in the SB, with a TD, and he's proven the ability to catch the football out've the backfield (63 career receptions)... could be a solid, if unspectacular addition to th backfield as a change of pace type (not very big)... I'm kinda meh on the pick... need to check out more of his tape then can give a better opinion.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield...the way we use up RB's in the ground game that's a definite plus with Vereen still not sure about his wrist...."meh" yeah, but not awful...just meh!

He also takes good care of the football (2 fumbles in 754 touches), something BB puts a lot of value in... and I like that he's been a cold weather ball carrier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Lol I'm having a sneaking feeling that we're gonna double dip at QB. McCarron?

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

[object HTMLDivElement]

Kidding Balt got him. Whew that was close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Raise your hand if you'd have preferred the Pats had used their 2nd rounder on a 2014 contributor ...

And then taken a back-up Qb here ( or 10 picks earlier )

Savage to Texans looks wise .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

well guys Im done for the day.. nothing exciting bready needs more weapons and we haven't gotten him anything...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

yeah not sure wth they are doing in the draft right now.... DE, LB, SS, WR, TE and they took a T when they have 4 players already there

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

He also takes good care of the football (2 fumbles in 754 touches), something BB puts a lot of value in... and I like that he's been a cold weather ball carrier.

10-4 on the cold weather back who doesn't fumble....BB has good luck with his back picks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

yeah not sure wth they are doing in the draft right now.... DE, LB, SS, WR, TE and they took a T when they have 4 players already there

its just frustrating as a fan to see the pats draft... 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Fleming might be tried inside as well as RT...he's a huge guy...wonder if that means they are worried about Seabass' leg? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I still expect bb to grab another DT and a WR. He obviously will do it later. Not sure why he hasn't grabbed a Lb? 

With all our 6-7 picks and not many if any open roster spots, I would have traded them to move up in rou d 4. Maybe that's unlike bb. He likes to have picks in all rounds in case someone falls through the cracks. Urban to the ravens makes me want to throw up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Fleming might be tried inside as well as RT...he's a huge guy...wonder if that means they are worried about Seabass' leg? 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Or they View cannon as a guard long term... I see a solder,mankins,stork,cannon,seabass O line in the near future. With the new tackle they just picked up as a backup to solder and seabass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Disclosure : I'm one of those BB fans that LOVES when he trades back and acquires draft capitol .

That said this may be the most frustrating Pats Draft I 've ever witnessed .

Who knows ? ..a couple years from now (when most of the guys BB took today are major contributors )

We'll look back and say "Forgive me Bill ...we're not worthy " .

But it's also possible that we look back and say :

" 2014 was the draft where BB had a chance to go for gold and instead let Rome burn"

( tho more like rusted away)

WE SHALL SEE .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Patriots only use three linebackers. 

How many do they really need? Until Mayo's injury, they had a logjam last season. 

Per taking a tackle: there is no reason to think he will be a tackle more than a guard. OL drafts outside in. Low ranked tackles can double as "deal" guards all the time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Yeah, big kid... long arms... def not a fit from a 3C/SS perspective... very slow times... smart kid though and a ton of experience.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In response to CaptFoxboro's comment:

Disclosure : I'm one of those BB fans that LOVES when he trades back and acquires draft capitol .

That said this may be the most frustrating Pats Draft I 've ever witnessed .

Who knows ? ..a couple years from now (when most of the guys BB took today are major contributors )

We'll look back and say "Forgive me Bill ...we're not worthy " .

But it's also possible that we look back and say :

" 2014 was the draft where BB had a chance to go for gold and instead let Rome burn"

( tho more like rusted away)

WE SHALL SEE .

Beautifully put..lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I still expect bb to grab another DT and a WR. He obviously will do it later. Not sure why he hasn't grabbed a Lb? 

With all our 6-7 picks and not many if any open roster spots, I would have traded them to move up in rou d 4. Maybe that's unlike bb. He likes to have picks in all rounds in case someone falls through the cracks. Urban to the ravens makes me want to throw up.

[object HTMLDivElement]

That I'm confused about too. We have zero depth there, and no I don't count the Rutgers guy from last year as depth. My only guess is they really like the BC kids they brought in earlier in the 6th maybe? But disappointing they didn't cover a lot of areas that we all thought could use immediate help as either a starter or primary backup (ie TE, WR, LB, DE, SS) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

How many do they really need? Until Mayo's injury, they had a logjam last season. 

Per taking a tackle: there is no reason to think he will be a tackle more than a guard. OL drafts outside in. Low ranked tackles can double as "deal" guards all the time. 

Guess it all depends on how they view Beauharnais... would seem they could use (1) more at the position after loosing Spikes/Fletcher in FA... maybe an athletic LB/S hybrid with some versatility and coverage ability like Arizona's Marquise Flowers later today.

Agree and we know BB loves that positional versatility upfront.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

enough to back up the 3 they use to spell them. Looking at the LB's there is a major major drop off between those 3 and the next ones down (who were used basically only as STers). The lose of Fletcher was a big one. Last year Fletcher, Spikes, Mayo, Hightower, Collins took over 95% of snaps at LB and you just lost 2, you need a solid #4 or you run the risk of having no one if someone gets injured or as with DE last year wearing down your starters to the point they can't do their jobs in the playoffs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

http://grantland.com/features/cameron-fleming-stanford-nf-draft/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I like Drafting smart kids. Highly intelligent, is more what I meant.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Guess it all depends on how they view Beauharnais... would seem they could use (1) more at the position for a total of (5) after loosing Spikes/Fletcher in FA... maybe an athletic LB/S hybrid with some versatility and coverage ability like Arizona's Marquise Flowers later today.

Agree and we know BB loves that positional versatility upfront.

Yes, both Stevie B and Josh Hull. Maybe they think both of these kids are better than what they can get later in the draft

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirby1fl. Show kirby1fl's posts

couldn't they use Nink at LB if needed it seems like a lot of DL now on the roster?

Sections
Shortcuts