1. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Roy Finch might be the funnest RB to watch in the entire draft class. i hope he develops the rest of his game. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

By far. His elusiveness is amazing to watch. I'm a fan of this kid for sure

[/QUOTE]

Kid has some serious skills.  He would have to really find a niche to make this team since I'm sure blocking/blitz pick-up aren't his strengths.  The guy is so small.  Durability also has to be a legit concern.  But man, with the ball in his hands he is a nightmare for a defense.  He will be interesting.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hey can't hurt him if you can't catch him. Plus he has low mileage so this could be someone to hold on to and try to develop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mcboyd22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the big takeaways for me in not selecting a TE - alludes to Gronk healing well. 

I would think if it was a big concern, they would have drafted Niklas, CJF - not picked up a couple FA guys for camp bodies. 

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that...it just might mean the best of a bad lot went fast and what was left wasn't good at all, at least not worth a pick to BB....let's hope he does come back strong, and watch us get busy at waiver wire time when the last cuts are made

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone find confirmation on JDD?  I couldn't find anything that said Patriots.

[/QUOTE] To my knowledge no one has confirmed JJD's signing officially, just a bunch speculations. Since PE wants him he might have to become his manager...Who would have thunk it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Roy Finch might be the funnest RB to watch in the entire draft class. i hope he develops the rest of his game. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

By far. His elusiveness is amazing to watch. I'm a fan of this kid for sure

[/QUOTE]

Kid has some serious skills.  He would have to really find a niche to make this team since I'm sure blocking/blitz pick-up aren't his strengths.  The guy is so small.  Durability also has to be a legit concern.  But man, with the ball in his hands he is a nightmare for a defense.  He will be interesting.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hey can't hurt him if you can't catch him. Plus he has low mileage so this could be someone to hold on to and try to develop.

[/QUOTE] Mini Mack Herron part II. I see similarities to a smaller Woodhead. Woody was faster than we all thought he was he ran a sub 4.4 at one time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Trying too see what a roster would look like and I can't get under 28 on O side, haven't even started D side.  Aside from TE which sucks, I can see why the rest of the draft went the way it did.

Kept Connolly out, I think his cap savings too much to pass if Halapio works out which I think he will.  This was one player BB thought would be gone by where they would pick him.  

Offense
    QB
    Tom Brady
    Jimmy Garoppolo

RB
    Stevan Ridley
    Shane Vereen
    James White
    Roy Finch

FB
    James Develin

TE
    Rob Gronkowski
    Michael Hoo
    Justin Jones
    *Mark Harrison

WR
    Aaron Dobson
    Julian Edelman
    Danny Amendola
    Brandon LaFell
    Josh Boyce
    Kendrell Thompkins
    Matt Slater

OT
    Nate Solder
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Marcus Cannon
    Cameron Fleming

OG
    Logan Mankins
    Jon Halapio

OC
    Bryan Stork
    Ryan Wendell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Trying too see what a roster would look like and I can't get under 28 on O side, haven't even started D side.  Aside from TE which sucks, I can see why the rest of the draft went the way it did.

Kept Connolly out, I think his cap savings too much to pass if Halapio works out which I think he will.  This was one player BB thought would be gone by where they would pick him.  

Offense
    QB
    Tom Brady
    Jimmy Garoppolo

RB
    Stevan Ridley
    Shane Vereen
    James White
    Roy Finch

FB
    James Develin

TE
    Rob Gronkowski
    Michael Hoo
    Justin Jones
    *Mark Harrison

WR
    Aaron Dobson
    Julian Edelman
    Danny Amendola
    Brandon LaFell
    Josh Boyce
    Kendrell Thompkins
    Matt Slater

OT
    Nate Solder
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Marcus Cannon
    Cameron Fleming

OG
    Logan Mankins
    Jon Halapio

OC
    Bryan Stork
    Ryan Wendell

[/QUOTE]

The above is what you're projecting the offensive side of the 53 man will look like?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Offense
    QB
    Tom Brady
    Jimmy Garoppolo

RB
    Stevan Ridley
    Shane Vereen
    James White
    Roy Finch

FB
    James Develin

TE
    Rob Gronkowski
    Michael Hoo
    Justin Jones
    *Mark Harrison

WR
    Aaron Dobson
    Julian Edelman
    Danny Amendola
    Brandon LaFell
    Josh Boyce
    Kendrell Thompkins
    Matt Slater

OT
    Nate Solder
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Marcus Cannon
    Cameron Fleming

OG
    Logan Mankins
    Jon Halapio

OC
    Bryan Stork
    Ryan Wendell

[/QUOTE]

The above is what you're projecting the offensive side of the 53 man will look like?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I tried but 28 doesn't leave much room on D and ST, but yes that's where I think final 53 might be going towards except in the TE.  I really couldn't think of how else to approach it with what they have.  I think the best move TE on the roster is Harrison and he's not even a TE lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

TE is in flux and will be until final cuts and before the season starts. One thing is for sure, you cannot go into the season with only Hoo-man and D.J. Williams, and I doubt that Beck, Jones and Watson make the active roster...they grab waiver wire final cuts from other teams and maybe sign Keller, but until Gronk comes back there will be beaucoup changes here.

I don't expect to see the same faces on the PS as last year at all, probably a complete new PS and that makes sense. Also, with Dante S gone as O Line coach, look for some of his faves on both PS and roster let go...they didn't draft 3 O-linemen in the draft for nada. The O-line failed the eye test in the last few games of the year big time...the eye don't lie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Offense
    QB
    Tom Brady
    Jimmy Garoppolo

RB
    Stevan Ridley
    Shane Vereen
    James White
    Roy Finch

FB
    James Develin

TE
    Rob Gronkowski
    Michael Hoo
    Justin Jones
    *Mark Harrison

WR
    Aaron Dobson
    Julian Edelman
    Danny Amendola
    Brandon LaFell
    Josh Boyce
    Kendrell Thompkins
    Matt Slater

OT
    Nate Solder
    Sebastian Vollmer
    Marcus Cannon
    Cameron Fleming

OG

Logan Mankins
    Jon Halapio

OC
    Bryan Stork
    Ryan Wendell

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I tried but 28 doesn't leave much room on D and ST, but yes that's where I think final 53 might be going towards except in the TE.  I really couldn't think of how else to approach it with what they have.  I think the best move TE on the roster is Harrison and he's not even a TE lol

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where I read it, but it was said that Harrison may not have it between the ears to pick up the playbook... so that could make him a short timer.  I also think DJ Williams will get his shot as the move TE, as could Asa Watson.

Ridley, Vereen and White are the locks at RB, IMO... so it'll be interesting to see who wins out between Bolden, Develin and Finch.  Finch's ability to return kicks certainly helps... and Develin brings some versatility.

I wonder if they'd keep Connolly over Wendell due to his ability to play both G & C?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where I read it, but it was said that Harrison may not have it between the ears to pick up the playbook... so that could make him a short timer.  I also think DJ Williams will get his shot as the move TE, as could Asa Watson.

Ridley, Vereen and White are the locks at RB, IMO... so it'll be interesting to see who wins out between Bolden, Develin and Finch.  Finch's ability to return kicks certainly helps... and Develin brings some versatility.

I wonder if they'd keep Connolly over Wendell due to his ability to play both G & C?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Reason on Connolly is his 3+mil cap number, but I would rather have Connolly over Wendell as well.  I'm old school and having a player like Develin on the roster is just too damn cool to pass up.

I got a feeling we will see more traditional formations with power running game with 2/3 WR sets.  They have the type of players now to bring nasty back.  An mauling interior OL, make them bring S in so Brady can pick them apart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Defensive side, 24 so far between O and D I have 54 not including the 3 ST guys so I knew I would be over the 53. 

Defense
    CB
    Darrelle Revis
    Brandon Browner
    Logan Ryan
    Alfonzo Dennard
    Kyle Arrington
    Travis Hawkins

S
    Devin McCourty
    Duron Harmon
    Jemea Thomas
    Shamiel Gary
    Nate Ebner

DT
    Vince Wilfork
    Dominique Easley
    Tommy Kelly
    Sealver Siliga

DE
    Chandler Jones
    Rob Nink
    Will Smith
    Michael Buchanan
    Armond Armstead
    Zach Moore

LB
    Jarod Mayo
    Donta Hightower
    Jamie Collins
    James Morris
    Deontae Skinner

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good morning fellas!  Good discussion regarding the 53 man roster.  Of course it's too early to really make predictions but it's fun to speculate nonetheless.  Plus I'm just sitting on a tractor right now so what else is there to do?  :)

my two cents on the offense of side of the equation:

Houston has a better chance to win a roster spot than Finch does.

Ryan Mallett will be on the roster and we will carry three quarterbacks in 2014.

as physically gifted as Mark Harrison is, he looks to be the odd man out.

Justin Jones looks great on paper, but I think he is an extreme longshot to make the roster.  

I think Bryan Stork could really impress and RyanWendell's  roster spot could be in serious jeopardy.

connelly probably hangs around for one more year.

I really believe we will sign Dustin Keller sooner rather than later.  

Kembrell Thomkins was a nice suprise last year , but I just don't think he is talented enough to make the team this year.  Jeremy gallon steals his spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Good morning fellas!  Good discussion regarding the 53 man roster.  Of course it's too early to really make predictions but it's fun to speculate nonetheless.  Plus I'm just sitting on a tractor right now so what else is there to do?  :)

my two cents on the offense of side of the equation:

Houston has a better chance to win a roster spot than Finch does.

Ryan Mallett will be on the roster and we will carry three quarterbacks in 2014.

as physically gifted as Mark Harrison is, he looks to be the odd man out.

Justin Jones looks great on paper, but I think he is an extreme longshot to make the roster.  

I think Bryan Stork could really impress and RyanWendell's  roster spot could be in serious jeopardy.

connelly probably hangs around for one more year.

I really believe we will sign Dustin Keller sooner rather than later.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hi Wazzu wayyy too early but just wanted to see it and I can say except (maybe by design) TE is the only position I thought as we all do that they don't have what's needed BUT that's only if they are going to keep that two TE offense.

Looking at the roster, the RBs they have signed, the nasty guys they got for the middle of that line makes me wonder if we will see 2000 to 2006 type O.   

The D looks amazing, best I've seen (on paper) in years.  There's a lot of IFs but come on Pats are due to have a year with not a lot of injuries.

On the QB end, I can't see a spot for a third QB.  I'm having hard enough time getting down to 53 with just 2 QBs can't imagine adding Mallett.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Its essential you have to get stronger in the O-line as Brady gets older. Tom Brady's career is coming full circle, from a young kid that had to learn, and who could escape pressure by moving around in the pocket, to a QB, who has lost much of his mobility, or pocket presence.
    We should go back o the Charlie Weiss Offense, it will extend TB's career. He still has the arm, but more importantly, he has what it really takes to win the NFL, the brains. More games are won in the NFL from this one attribute, than throwing 5,000 yards a season. I am wondering if McDaniels can realize that TB is a 37 year old QB, or a 27 year old phenomenon.
    Been watching football since YA Title, by no means o expert, just seen too many careers, and QB's that hit a certain age expect decline, don't want it to happen, but it does. With smart Coaching and Play calling, plus the right personnel, you might delay it.
    Thanks for letting me on this thread, enjoyed everyone.

One last comment Defense Always Wins Championships.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Below is my Final Mock:

I have Louisville S Calvin Pryor, OSU LB Ryan Shazier and VT CB Kyle Fuller as the top prospects on my board, with that said, I don’t believe any of the (3) will be available at pick #29, so unless they’re willing to trade up, you won’t see any of them on the roster next year… there’s also a good likelihood that BB trades back, especially if one of the QB’s are still available… both HOU and JAX pass on one early, they could come calling. If BB and Co. decide to stand pat, I believe that the below outcome is realistic and possible.

Rd 1: DL Stephon Tuitt (6-5 304) ND- Tuitt looks every bit the part of a prototype BB DL. Long, athletic, powerful and versatile… he can play along either front with the ability to disrupt on a regular basis. I see a potential impact talent up front. Alternatives: USC WR Marquise Lee / Missouri DE/OLB Kony Ealy / GT DE/OLB Jeremiah Attaochu / FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin / ND DT Louis Nix III / Nevada OL Joel Bitonio

Rd 2: DE/OLB Trent Murphy (6-5 250) Stanford- Long, big motored edge player that plays with some nasty and will disrupt off the edge. He’ also brings the ability play in space and looks like a kid that would join the edge rotation as a rookie. Alternatives: LSU WR Jarvis Landry / PSU DT DaQuan Jones / ND TE Troy Niklas / Florida DL Dominique Easley / WSU S Deone Bucannon

Rd 3: LB/S Telvin Smith (6-3 218) FSU- This kid is fast, ferocious, rangy, athletic and aggressive and projects very well to a hybrid LB/S type role, due to his ability to cover TE’s and RB’s and make plays sideline to sideline. He’s one of my favorite prospects in this class. Alternatives: Iowa TE CJ Fiedorowicz / South Carolina WR Bruce Ellington / Alabama QB AJ McCarron / South Carolina DT Kelcy Quarles / LSU RB Jeremy Hill

Rd 4: WR Jared Abbrederis (6-1 195) Wisconsin- Former walk-on, he’s a self made player and maybe the best route runner in the draft. He’s not a big play threat, but brings savvy, reliability and very good hands to the mix and could quickly become a trusted target for TB and move the sticks on a consistent basis. Alternatives: Iowa LB Christian Kirksey / Vanderbilt OL Wesley Johnson / FSU RB Devonta Freeman / Alabama DE/OLB Adrian Hubbard / Michigan State LB Max Bullough

Rd 4: TE- Arthur Lynch- 6-5 254- Georgia- He’s a local boy; playing his HS ball down in Dartmouth, MA… he’s a team captain, with very good ability/upside as an inline blocker. He’s not a burner, but can make plays in the short/intermediate areas and provide size/ability in the red zone/down by the goal line. He should provide depth at a position of need and projects as a potential #2 TE. Alternatives: Wisconsin S Dez Southward / Georgia QB Aaron Murray / Alabama DL Ed Stinson / UVA DL Brent Urban / VT DB Antone Exum

Rd 6: CB Dexter McDougle (5-10 196) Maryland- A tough, competitive, quick footed CB with good COD, ball skills and awareness. He’s good value here as an injury took away a good portion of his season. New Patriots OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo was the OL coach at Maryland last season and should be familiar with him. Alternatives: NC State DB Dontae Johnson / PSU OL John Urschel / VT QB Logan Thomas / ND OL Chris Watt / Missouri LB Michael Sam

Rd 6: S Vinnie Sunseri (5-11 210) Alabama- Smart, instinctive kid that understands the game and should and can contribute immediately on ST (BB loves targeting ST upside on Day 3), while providing depth at S. Alternatives: NW WR Kain Colter / Florida TE//HB Trey Burton / Arizona LB Marquis Flowers / Iowa LB James Morris / WF WR Michael Campanaro

Rd 7: RB Rajion Neal (5-11 220) Tennessee- BB loves late round/URFA SEC backs with size and Neal is just that. He’s a good sized kid, with good feet, vision and balance that gets up field quickly, can catch the football and has upside in pass pro. He could be a solid late round find. Alternatives: IU TE Ted Bolser / NDSU QB Brock Jensen / LSU RB Alfred Blue / Oklahoma TE/HB Trey Millard / UMass TE Rob Blanchflower

Undrafted Rookie Free Agents: WF FB/DT Nikita Whitlock / Louisville WR Damian Copeland / Boise State OL Matt Paradis / Rutgers S Jeremy Deering / Indiana RB Stephen Houston

[/QUOTE]

So in reconciling my final mock vs. what actually happened:

1.  It looks like I do a lot better at projecting the end of the draft, haha... nailed a couple of URFA... and was close on James Morris.

2.  I also had Easley as a Rd 2 option, thinking the question around his injury would push him into that range... I was wrong.

3.  We all know BB is tough to predict and that again proved to be true as he took his first sub-210 pound back durng his time in Foxboro and also drafted bigger, slower OL, which is also against the norm.  Also, many (incuding myself) thought he might be looking to pick up a bigger CB/S (based on what he did in FA) and we were again proven wrong... though Jemea does play bigger than his measurables...

4.  Didn't have Shamiel Gary on the final mock or board, but had talked him up quite a bit earlier in the process as a potential "who the heck is that" name that BB could target higher than expected... I continued to follow him and don't know if he was injured or just fell out of favor with his coaches, but he wasn't putting up an statistics, so I removed him from my board.  From the tape that I've seen though, the kid can play.  Below is my original write up on him from my mock V1 in which I had him in Rd 6.

"Rd 6: S- Shamiel Gary- 6-0 210- Oklahoma State- This kid popped to me on tape… I've watched a lot of safety tape in the past couple months and I think this kid might be one of the best that I've seen in this class... which says a lot considering he's currently projected as a Rd 7/URFA type. He has very good read/react, consistently diagnosing and closing quickly on passes and has the awareness and ball skills to make plays on the football (9 PD this season). He's probably a 4.55-4.6 kid but shows good fluidity in coverage, but his instincts allow him to get to the ball quickly and he's often in the back pocket of his man. He's a kid that could cause Patriots Nation to melt down if selected on Day 2 of the draft (similar to Wilson and Harmon), but I think the pick would be warranted. Really like this kids game and think he’ll rise up draft boards."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good job breaking down this year's class MB.  I would say you did pretty well identifying some of NE's targeted players this year.  I didn't even realize that we had signed Gray.  I remember you mentioning him earlier and being pretty impressed.  Let's hope he can turn into something as a Patriot!  I think BB did really well getting Houston and Morris, too.  After seeing our UDFA signings, I like this draft even more.  I think BB and Co. Did a great job of building for the future, while still fielding a very good squad this year that will have as good of a chance to win it all as anyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

Good job breaking down this year's class MB.  I would say you did pretty well identifying some of NE's targeted players this year.  I didn't even realize that we had signed Gray.  I remember you mentioning him earlier and being pretty impressed.  Let's hope he can turn into something as a Patriot!  I think BB did really well getting Houston and Morris, too.  After seeing our UDFA signings, I like this draft even more.  I think BB and Co. Did a great job of building for the future, while still fielding a very good squad this year that will have as good of a chance to win it all as anyone.

[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head with your "This is what I think BB will do" post leading up to the draft...where you had them taking Easley, even though you weren't high on him in that range due to his injury history, ha.

I too am pretty excited... don't remembe a class that was consistent across the board in regards to character, leadership, versatility and intangibles, etc.  They look to be getting some quality kids and "football players"... can't wait to see how things play out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head with your "This is what I think BB will do" post leading up to the draft...where you had them taking Easley, even though you weren't high on him in that range due to his injury history, ha.

I too am pretty excited... don't remembe a class that was consistent across the board in regards to character, leadership, versatility and intangibles, etc.  They look to be getting some quality kids and "football players"... can't wait to see how things play out.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro.  Yeah I'm still not in love with the Easley pick, but I do have to say that I feel a lot better about him now then I get a few weeks ago.  I think he has a better chance of a full recovery then I initially thought.  It's probably still more of a gamble than I would've taken but I understand the pick.  I agree that Belicheck really went after good smart football players this year and I think that will pay off for us.  I'm definitely excited to see how it will all play out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Some final facts about the 2014 Draft by Pigskin Paul Guillemette, Editor of Paul's Pigskin Place.

May 14: NFL POST-DRAFT NOTES

In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, like I did, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

Pick count by position:

QB 14
    RB 23
    WR 32
    TE 9
    OL 46
    DL 42
    LB 34
    DB 53
    ST 3

... So let’s see here…
    We have 53 DB chosen to cover 41 receivers (WR/TE).

Despite the fact that a RB was not selected until Pick 54 in Round 2, a record for such a thing, by the time the Draft was over 23 were taken, though that includes 3 FB.

Despite the overall disdain for the RB slot in today’s NFL the 49’ers double dipped into that well for both a RB (Carlos Hyde) and a FB (Trey Millard). They have drafted a RB in 7 of the last 8 Drafts.

14 QB is almost enough for half the teams in the NFL. 5 were taken in the first 3 Rounds, then the rest on Saturday.

TE was an interesting and low number. 7 were gone by the end of Round 3, then only 2 more were selected in all 4 Rounds on Saturday.

As expected, it was feast or famine for players from Aggieland. 3 were gone by Pick 22, and then there were none drafted the rest of the proceedings.

32 WR was a good indication of both the importance, and talent level of this year’s draft group.

12 WR in the first 2 rounds is a new Draft record.

PACKERS fans probably already know this but when TED THOMPSON selected JARED ABBREDERIS /WR in Round 5, it was his first BADGERS draftee in 9 years back in Green Bay.

All you Undrafted Rookie Free Agents buck up. There are already 15 URFA in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Some things just don’t change with the SEC having 11 players selected out of the 32 first rounders.

Almost mystic that JOHNNY MANZIEL was the 3rd straight QB that the BROWNS have drafted at Pick 22 of Round 1. And all three of those Picks were acquired through trades.

According to the ever-diligent ESPN stats guys, MANZIEL was the first QB to be drafted in Round 1 of an NFL Draft, who measured under 6’ tall since TED MARCHIBRODA in 1953. Most of you will remember TED from his years as an NFL coach not as a player.

Going back even further in time, the last time the TEXAS Longhorns did not have at least a single player drafted was 1937.

I will curious to see how many draftees recorded as DE will end up playing most of their time in the NFL at a LB position. The DL/LB numbers of 42/34 above are based on how positions were announced during the selection process.

Nine DB in Round 1 was typical of the pass-happy NFL in recent Drafts. But what was surprising to this NFL observer was the fact that 4 of them were at the S position. Just goes to show that no matter how good your Corners are your deep guys have to be good too.

Quite a coincidence, I would assume, that of the 3 Special Teamers selected the Punter went ahead of the PK.

National Champ FLORIDA STATE Seminoles had players taken in each of the first 5 Rounds of the Draft. Then the well went dry until URFA time.

TV ratings were high all the way around. Though some of that can be attributed to the JOHNNY FOOTBALL phenomenon, it could certainly be assumed that the April Draft is history for the foreseeable future… right Mr.GOODELL?!

http://www.gbnreport.com/paulspage.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper3. Show PestZapper3's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some final facts about the 2014 Draft by Pigskin Paul Guillemette, Editor of Paul's Pigskin Place.

May 14: NFL POST-DRAFT NOTES

In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, like I did, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

[/QUOTE]

Author did not go to wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NFL_Draft

All the detail by round even by conference at the bottom of the page

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper3. Show PestZapper3's posts

Can't even type in URLs on this platform? How lame?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper3. Show PestZapper3's posts

oh you can type. cannot copy and paste

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

This is for PE: JDD hasn't signed anywhere, but is expected to sign somewhere by the end of the weekend. On top of being a stud Move TE, he's also a LS and special teams player. This will definitely help his chances of signing with a team. He had medical issues (foot) and that's what the hold up is, he expects to have medical clearance by this weekend. The Patriots did cut Tyler Beck so this could be a preemptive move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

I

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Reason on Connolly is his 3+mil cap number, but I would rather have Connolly over Wendell as well.  I'm old school and having a player like Develin on the roster is just too damn cool to pass up.

I got a feeling we will see more traditional formations with power running game with 2/3 WR sets.  They have the type of players now to bring nasty back.  An mauling interior OL, make them bring S in so Brady can pick them apart.

[/QUOTE]

Me too. Also, develin could be a swing move TE/FB, taking Williams place where bb can use him a little at TE and FB when needed. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

SG1, just saw on NFL.com that he would be attending Indy camp.

1. Xavier Grimble, USC (UPDATE: Grimble signed with the New York Giants on Saturday.)
    2. Jake Murphy, Utah (UPDATE: Murphy signed with the Oakland Raiders on Saturday.)
    3. A.C. Leonard, Tennessee St. (UPDATE: Leonard signed with the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday.)
    4. Marcel Jensen, Fresno St. (UPDATE: Jensen signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday.)
    5. Joe Don Duncan, Dixie State (UPDATE: Duncan will attend the Indianapolis Colts' rookie minicamp.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349361/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-2014-nfl-draft

Sections
Shortcuts