***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

I believe the best value would be to stand pat in the first round, if anything trade up in the second if you can to steal a player.. I would for the most part stand pat unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

This draft is entering unknown territory because of the one time only extended study period prior to the draft....it's a one time only deal because the calendar from post bowl season was extended by the NFL...some teams will benefit by it, others might have "paralysis by analysis" because of all the time they've got to question their own initial reviews....

These last two weeks is going to seem like a cross country trip on foot through the Mohave Desert without water...I can't wait to see how each team does with this extra time...I bet we see a few more picks from left field by every team...it'll be the pre-merger days of the early 60's again with guys being hidden in motel rooms to keep other teams from tracking them down...priority FA's will make some real cabbage for a change

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Anyone else notice how good Stanford's defensive line is when watching them face some of these other prospects you've been checking out? Man they are tough, they look like they have four guys in their front seven who will drafted this year...aside from Murphy they have two other defensive ends that look like they are strong enough to play in the the nfl. One of them looks like he could be a nice 34 end...two tall, strong, athletic players.

They're fun to watch, no doubt... some tough, hard charging SOB's.  Mauro projects as a 34 end, but at 6-6 271 is a bit light in the pants for BB's liking... Gardner looks like a 43 end, while the cream of that crop is Trent Murphy, without question.  If they don't addres the PR in Rd 1 and he's there at 62, I don't think BB passes on him... we're talking about a long, versatile, high effort kid that can disrupt off the edge and a DB/WR quality 3C time (6.78)... in fact, it was the 8th best time of any defensive player at the combine... and he's 6-5 250.

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

They're fun to watch, no doubt... some tough, hard charging SOB's.  Mauro projects as a 34 end, but at 6-6 271 is a bit light in the pants for BB's liking... Gardner looks like a 43 end, while the cream of that crop is Trent Murphy, without question.  If they don't addres the PR in Rd 1 and he's there at 62, I don't think BB passes on him... we're talking about a long, versatile, high effort kid that can disrupt off the edge and a DB/WR quality 3C time (6.78)... in fact, it was the 8th best time of any defensive player at the combine... and he's 6-5 250.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I do really like Murphy. More so than Smith, Van Noy, and Attaochu. To me he's a more complete player than the other 3 and can be a 3 down elephant that could be comfortable as a 43 DE or a 34 OLB.

But imo 1 of those 4 will be there at 62 so I'd take any of them even if they get a DT in rd 1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I do really like Murphy. More so than Smith, Van Noy, and Attaochu. To me he's a more complete player than the other 3 and can be a 3 down elephant that could be comfortable as a 43 DE or a 34 OLB.

But imo 1 of those 4 will be there at 62 so I'd take any of them even if they get a DT in rd 1.

[object HTMLDivElement]

And I wonder if he'd have some coverage responsibilities againt TE's as he did have some slot coverage assignments as well.  Overall, I agree... woud love to see any of the (4) in Rd 2, if available and they target another position first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Stanford has rapidly become one of the best recruiting teams in college football, which is unreal because of the academic requirements.....they have pro ready guys at every position every yeaR AND HAVE FOR SOME TIME NOW...KUDOS TO THE FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION AND RECRUITERS...(sorry, caps)

Mauro isn't rated high enough on most mock draft data bases...neither is Gardner because of his peck injury and early exit last season...Murphy has been appropriately graded out IMO, which is not a knock on him at all, he's a bona fide great player who will go high in this draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Trent Murphy at 62 would be great.  There is an outside chance that he could get there.  As much as I love Shazier, I'm starting to think that our first 2 picks need to be DT, TE, or DE.  I hate to wait until the 3rd for a TE.  I think that After CJF the talent falls way off, and I think he is gone by mid 3rd round at the latest.  I wonder what it would take to trade up from 93 to say #66-70 range?  May be an option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Stanford has rapidly become one of the best recruiting teams in college football, which is unreal because of the academic requirements.....they have pro ready guys at every position every yeaR AND HAVE FOR SOME TIME NOW...KUDOS TO THE FOOTBALL ADMINISTRATION AND RECRUITERS...(sorry, caps)

Mauro isn't rated high enough on most mock draft data bases...neither is Gardner because of his peck injury and early exit last season...Murphy has been appropriately graded out IMO, which is not a knock on him at all, he's a bona fide great player who will go high in this draft.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I wouldn't call them elite, in this capacity (Classes have ranked 13, 51, 7, 22 and 24 over the last five years (according to 247 Sports), the 2013 class was very small, hence the low rating), but they've done a good job of signing and developing kids that fit what they're looking to do and it's translated to the field for sure.  Like ND, it's more difficult for them to get kids due to academics, which only helps magnify their success.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I would love to see New England pick three times in the top 70 and select a tight end, defensive tackle, and defense event with those three pics.  Obviously they would have to do some moving around to make this happen.  As improbable as it might be, I think something like this would be a near ideal scenario:

29. Trade to JAX for #39, 4th (#105) & 6th (#179)

39.  Austin Seferian-Jenkins   TE    UW

62.  Trent Murphy   DE    Stanford

67.  DaQuan Jones  DT  Penn St.  (NE trades #93, #105 & #179 to OAK for #67)

Then we would still have our 4th, Comp in 4th, both 6ths, and a 7th to find LB, WR, OL, S, etc.

what do you think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

NFL Draft News & Notes: Week of April 21st
    APR
    With less than three weeks until the draft kicks-off the buzz is beginning to get louder and the news more detailed. April 21st: the latest on Tom Savage and Blake Bortles.

April 21st
    The talk of the quarterback position the past few weeks has centered around Tom Savage of Pittsburgh. So what’s the inside story? Ever since the combine I’ve known the New England Patriots have been incredibly high on Savage and will consider using a pick to acquire the signal caller during the draft. Some in the organization are now referring to Savage as “Tom #2”, with Tom #1 of course being Tom Brady. I’m told Savage impressed the franchise during combine interviews, especially when former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano was on hand. Evidently Savage took responsibility for the 2011 situation when he left the Rutgers football program, which was then headed by Schiano. Both the Patriots and Schiano were impressed by Savage’s maturity in discussing his departure. Teams who’ve studied tape on Savage from last season broke it into halves and feel the second half of the campaign, when the signal caller lessened his mistakes and improved his accuracy, is the next level prospect they can build upon.
    The New England Patriots have been closely inspecting tight ends in the lead up to the draft and a name fans of the team should keep an eye on is Richard Rodgers. The Cal tight end has worked out for the Patriots, Atlanta Falcons and Oakland Raiders. Teams are using Rodgers father, Carolina Panthers special teams coordinator Richard Rodgers Sr., as a source of information on the tight end prospect.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9646

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

BLOGS /PRO DAYS
    « Older Entries
    PRO DAYS
    New England Patriots to take a look at Coastal Carolina duo
    Posted: April 21st, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Coastal Carolina, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Matt Hazel, New England Patriots

A total of 15 NFL teams sent representatives to Coastal Carolina’s pro day on March 27, when nine players worked out outdoors on FieldTurf.

Coastal Carolina had two prospects at the NFL Scouting Combine, and both players will be worked out by the New England Patriots on Friday.

Matt Hazel, WR (6-foot-1, 203 pounds) — Hazel did the short shuttle in 4.47 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.75 seconds (though, he slipped twice while running the three cone). He then stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. Hazel has worked out for the Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB (6-0 1/8, 231) — Taliaferro had a 34-inch vertical jump and 10-foot broad jump at Coastal Carolina’s pro day. He had 22 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. He then stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine (he was a top performer in his position group in the three-cone drill). The Indianapolis Colts took a look at Taliaferro running pass routes. Taliaferro was a 2013 Walter Payton Award finalist and second-team All-American after rushing for 1,729 yards and 27 touchdowns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to see New England pick three times in the top 70 and select a tight end, defensive tackle, and defense event with those three pics.  Obviously they would have to do some moving around to make this happen.  As improbable as it might be, I think something like this would be a near ideal scenario:

29. Trade to JAX for #39, 4th (#105) & 6th (#179)

39.  Austin Seferian-Jenkins   TE    UW

62.  Trent Murphy   DE    Stanford

67.  DaQuan Jones  DT  Penn St.  (NE trades #93, #105 & #179 to OAK for #67)

Then we would still have our 4th, Comp in 4th, both 6ths, and a 7th to find LB, WR, OL, S, etc.

what do you think?

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't be mad at that haul.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

This is going to be an interesting draft.  I wish the Patriots had more picks but than again, more picks would lead to someone being cut from the present team.  The addition of 100 underclassmen and the extra two weeks of analysis time is going to change a lot of the picks.  I think the extra time has caused confusion on the 3-20 slots on the draft.  Is Bridgewater a franchise QB?  He was two weeks ago!  Now maybe a round 2 guy?  I think the Patriots are going to have a tough time finding a trade partner this year.  Too much talent in the mid rounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Anyone else notice how good Stanford's defensive line is when watching them face some of these other prospects you've been checking out? Man they are tough, they look like they have four guys in their front seven who will drafted this year...aside from Murphy they have two other defensive ends that look like they are strong enough to play in the the nfl. One of them looks like he could be a nice 34 end...two tall, strong, athletic players.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I went back and did a little research on that line, I really like all of them. I understand Mauro doesn't have the required size right now, but as I'm sure you've seen...this guy plays the nose on occasion...and he doesn't look bad doing it. Just a tough tough player. And Gardner had a great pro day - I agree he's going to have to play 43 defensive end. Murphy looks very versatile, but I got to tell you, these prospects that are surrounded by good players sometimes scare me...he's getting some serious help around him. Stanford's entire front seven comes crashing down on whoever they are facing, it's pretty fun to watch, but I still like Murphy quite a bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Anyone else watch Baylor's defense when they are looking at film of some offensive players? All I keep noticing is number 6 flying around like an animal. I can't remember what running back I was watching at the time, but number 6 kept flying in there ruining everything (making it hard to study the back). The kid is Ahmad something (can't remember his last name). I did a little research and he is rated as a top ten strong safety, I guess he's more of a project type.

I'll tell you something, I haven't seen a guy jump out in film like this kid at the safety spot in a while. I'd be willing to bet as raw as he may be, he'll be a better player than Patrick Chung in ten minutes. I'd love to see what Belichick could do with a kid like this, I imagine at the very least he'd be a special teams demon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

This is going to be an interesting draft.  I wish the Patriots had more picks but than again, more picks would lead to someone being cut from the present team.  The addition of 100 underclassmen and the extra two weeks of analysis time is going to change a lot of the picks.  I think the extra time has caused confusion on the 3-20 slots on the draft.  Is Bridgewater a franchise QB?  He was two weeks ago!  Now maybe a round 2 guy?  I think the Patriots are going to have a tough time finding a trade partner this year.  Too much talent in the mid rounds.

I honestly think the extra two weeks doesn't confuse these teams or change much - they know exactly what these players are - it's just that the media and us don't. I think the extra time kind of allows us to figure it out more, because more rumors come out, more stories, and more facts that these teams were already well aware of.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Pats need to make every effort to try and Draft Telvin Smith. Cant teach speed, especially game speed. I'd convert him to SS in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Getting 3 Stanford guys could be done, all 3 could start right away but wouldn't have to

Turn pick 29 in to a pick in the 38-48 range and 70-80 range (plus a 5th) and take Yankey with that first pick, Connolly can battle (and hopefully beat) Wendell to start at C, Yankey can battle Cannon for RG and hopefully win so Cannon can keep being an elite backup at 2-3 spots that keeps everyone at healthy.

At 62 the team trades next years 2nd rd pick and the extra Philly 6th rd pick this year and gets into the 40-50 range and takes whoever is there of the TE's, Sefarian-Jenkins or Amaro

Pats trade their 3rd (93), 4th and 7th to get into the 57-67 range and take Murphy, he can be the rush DE beside Nink or OLB when this team goes 3-4.

Pats then have additional 3rd in 70-80 range and take Skov, elite backup at all LB'er positions except 3-4 OLB where Nink, Collins, Murph and Cunningham can all play

Next pick is 4th rd comp, also have added a good 5th, and their own 6th. Combine the 5th, 6th and a 4th next year to move into the mid 4th this year and take best available DT. 4th comp pick is a RB.

Yes, team gives up two picks next year, but taking 6 guys who will contribute right away between 38 and 138 on an already deep team is super valuable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Getting 3 Stanford guys could be done, all 3 could start right away but wouldn't have to

Turn pick 29 in to a pick in the 38-48 range and 70-80 range (plus a 5th) and take Yankey with that first pick, Connolly can battle (and hopefully beat) Wendell to start at C, Yankey can battle Cannon for RG and hopefully win so Cannon can keep being an elite backup at 2-3 spots that keeps everyone at healthy.

At 62 the team trades next years 2nd rd pick and the extra Philly 6th rd pick this year and gets into the 40-50 range and takes whoever is there of the TE's, Sefarian-Jenkins or Amaro

Pats trade their 3rd (93), 4th and 7th to get into the 57-67 range and take Murphy, he can be the rush DE beside Nink or OLB when this team goes 3-4.

Pats then have additional 3rd in 70-80 range and take Skov, elite backup at all LB'er positions except 3-4 OLB where Nink, Collins, Murph and Cunningham can all play

Next pick is 4th rd comp, also have added a good 5th, and their own 6th. Combine the 5th, 6th and a 4th next year to move into the mid 4th this year and take best available DT. 4th comp pick is a RB.

Yes, team gives up two picks next year, but taking 6 guys who will contribute right away between 38 and 138 on an already deep team is super valuable.

Good thoughts.  I really like all of the Stanford guys you mentioned.  I'm not crazy about trading away 2015 picks, but I get your logic.  We really only have roster space for about 6 players this year, IMO, so I like the idea of trying to combo some picks to move up for quality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to msteven's comment:

I'm all for someone on the current team being cut if the player that's they're bringing in is better.  Competition is a good thing.

I think the confusion is prob tied more to the mainstream media, who are playing catchup on research... guessing teams have had their boards relatively set for quite a while.

If HOU and JAX pass on a QB with their first picks, I could see one of them trading back into Rd 1 to target a QB if the one they desire is there.  Not a definite, but that could be BB's chance to trade back a few spots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Well, most of us have reasonably similar ideas about how NE should attack this draft.  We generally want DT, DE, TE early, with maybe an elite LB or RB mixed in if the right guy falls.  Many of us think NE should trade back from 29 into the 2nd, but I think that a lot of people have an unrealistic expectation of what the compensation might look like this year.  IF NE does trade back, I can assure you that we won't see anything close to the package that we got from MIN last year.  That said, since BB always does the opposite of what we think he will, here is my best guess at what our draft will actually look like, including what I think is a realistic trade with JAX...

29)  Traded to Jax for their 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

39)  Tom Savage   QB    Pitt

Huh? This is insane, right?  Well, maybe.  But I read that NE really likes Savage, and his stock is really sky-rocketing.  We know that in the NFL, you don't have anything unless you have a franchise QB.  Mallett is gone after this next season, and Brady is aging.  I know it looks crazy, but I think NE could select Savage this high if they really love him.

54)  Dominique Easly  DT   Florida    *NE trades #62 and #130 to Philly for #54

I would hate this pick.  I'll just say that right now.  I hate Easly's injury history.  Two ACL tears?  Red-Flag if you ask me.  But we all know that BB loves rolling the dice on high-upside guys who fall due to injury.  Most of the time they don't work out, but I could see BB going after this kid.  If healthy, his talent is undeniable.

93)  Brock Vereen   S   Minnesota

Too early?  Probably.  But Vereen is another guy who is moving up boards quickly.  I think BB would love to get him.  Super athletic, obvious family ties, and a versatile player.  I think he could be very good playing Man-Coverage in the slot, too.  Don't be surprised if Vereen goes on Day 2.

***Over-night, Between Day 2 and 3, Mallett is traded to AZ for a 2014 4th (120) and Conditional 2015 pick***

105)  from JAX  Christian Kirksey   OLB   Iowa

Total BB kid.  Smart, instinctive, and a very good athlete.  Would look really good opposite Collins in Sub-Package.

120)  from AZ  Marcel Jensen  TE  Fresno St.

We missed out on the Top 5 TEs in this scenario, but Jensen would be a good conselation prize at this point.  Good size, athleticism, etc, and he is considered by all accounts to be a smart guy, good pass catcher, and willing blocker.

140)  Comp Pick  Daniel McCullers  DT  Tennessee

This would be great value.  I know that there are conditioning issues with this guy, but you just can't teach his massive size.  Plus he has shown the ability to be disruptive at times.  Certainly a project, and not a  sure thing, but this is the type of player who I think BB would take a chance on if he fell to this point.

142)  From WSH   Bryan Stork  OL   FSU  *NE trades 179 & 198 (6ths from JAX & PHI) to the pick-needy Skins for #142  (5th)

Here I have BB packaging 2 6th Rounders to jump up and grab Stork.  He is a versatile O-Lineman with good size.  Not the quickest feet, but a smart player who could fill in anywhere on the interior of the O-Line.

206)  Tyler Gaffney  RB  Stanford

RB is clearly a need, but I don't think BB will take the plunge and draft Sankey, Hyde, Hill, etc early.  Gaffney has prototypical size (6'0  226) for a lead back with good burst, power, and maybe most importantly ball security.  Smart kid who could be a surprise contributor early.

244)  Kevin Norwood  WR  Alabama

Many of you will think that there is no way Norwood falls this far, and you may be right.  There are so many WR prospects in this draft though, that some are bound to fall into the late rounds, or even into the un-drafted ranks.  BB loves falling value in the 7th, and I think he finds it here.

There it is.  I know that this mock is a little bit, or a lot, outside-the-box, but when has Belichick even done the expected? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Pats need to make every effort to try and Draft Telvin Smith. Cant teach speed, especially game speed. I'd convert him to SS in the NFL.

I'd love to see Telvin or Christian Kirksey, yeah.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Well, most of us have reasonably similar ideas about how NE should attack this draft.  We generally want DT, DE, TE early, with maybe an elite LB or RB mixed in if the right guy falls.  Many of us think NE should trade back from 29 into the 2nd, but I think that a lot of people have an unrealistic expectation of what the compensation might look like this year.  IF NE does trade back, I can assure you that we won't see anything close to the package that we got from MIN last year.  That said, since BB always does the opposite of what we think he will, here is my best guess at what our draft will actually look like, including what I think is a realistic trade with JAX...

29)  Traded to Jax for their 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

39)  Tom Savage   QB    Pitt

Huh? This is insane, right?  Well, maybe.  But I read that NE really likes Savage, and his stock is really sky-rocketing.  We know that in the NFL, you don't have anything unless you have a franchise QB.  Mallett is gone after this next season, and Brady is aging.  I know it looks crazy, but I think NE could select Savage this high if they really love him.

54)  Dominique Easly  DT   Florida    *NE trades #62 and #130 to Philly for #54

I would hate this pick.  I'll just say that right now.  I hate Easly's injury history.  Two ACL tears?  Red-Flag if you ask me.  But we all know that BB loves rolling the dice on high-upside guys who fall due to injury.  Most of the time they don't work out, but I could see BB going after this kid.  If healthy, his talent is undeniable.

93)  Brock Vereen   S   Minnesota

Too early?  Probably.  But Vereen is another guy who is moving up boards quickly.  I think BB would love to get him.  Super athletic, obvious family ties, and a versatile player.  I think he could be very good playing Man-Coverage in the slot, too.  Don't be surprised if Vereen goes on Day 2.

***Over-night, Between Day 2 and 3, Mallett is traded to AZ for a 2014 4th (120) and Conditional 2015 pick***

105)  from JAX  Christian Kirksey   OLB   Iowa

Total BB kid.  Smart, instinctive, and a very good athlete.  Would look really good opposite Collins in Sub-Package.

120)  from AZ  Marcel Jensen  TE  Fresno St.

We missed out on the Top 5 TEs in this scenario, but Jensen would be a good conselation prize at this point.  Good size, athleticism, etc, and he is considered by all accounts to be a smart guy, good pass catcher, and willing blocker.

140)  Comp Pick  Daniel McCullers  DT  Tennessee

This would be great value.  I know that there are conditioning issues with this guy, but you just can't teach his massive size.  Plus he has shown the ability to be disruptive at times.  Certainly a project, and not a  sure thing, but this is the type of player who I think BB would take a chance on if he fell to this point.

142)  From WSH   Bryan Stork  OL   FSU  *NE trades 179 & 198 (6ths from JAX & PHI) to the pick-needy Skins for #142  (5th)

Here I have BB packaging 2 6th Rounders to jump up and grab Stork.  He is a versatile O-Lineman with good size.  Not the quickest feet, but a smart player who could fill in anywhere on the interior of the O-Line.

206)  Tyler Gaffney  RB  Stanford

RB is clearly a need, but I don't think BB will take the plunge and draft Sankey, Hyde, Hill, etc early.  Gaffney has prototypical size (6'0  226) for a lead back with good burst, power, and maybe most importantly ball security.  Smart kid who could be a surprise contributor early.

244)  Kevin Norwood  WR  Alabama

Many of you will think that there is no way Norwood falls this far, and you may be right.  There are so many WR prospects in this draft though, that some are bound to fall into the late rounds, or even into the un-drafted ranks.  BB loves falling value in the 7th, and I think he finds it here.

There it is.  I know that this mock is a little bit, or a lot, outside-the-box, but when has Belichick even done the expected? 

I'm all for outside the box thinking as I think it creates new, productive dialogue.

With that said, I'll prob put a mob hit out on myself if NE takes Tom Savage with its first pick.  I understand that there could be interest there and that they're supposedly calling him "Tom 2", but I also question how info that detailed makes it out of Foxboro if BB doesn't want it to as he controls everything.

As for the rest of the picks:

I love the Easley pick if they're comfortable with his medicals.

Vereen is a reach, IMO, but as you've pointed out, there's a lot to like and BB isn't above reaching on that type of player.

I'd even prefer Kirksey in Rd 3, so I love him in Rd 4, where I'll be mocking him.

I'm neutral on the Jenson pick, don't love it or hate it.

McCullers could be solid in Rd 4.

Stork, Gaffney and Norwood would be a very good close to the class, though I think Norwood could be gone in the middle rounds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Lol!  Nice, MB.  I figured I wouldn't get great reaction to the idea of taking Savage that soon.  You are right, too.  They probably would not put it out there that they really like him.  I just have a feeling that we are all in for a real surprise in this draft.  I don't think it will follow "needs" at all.  I could see them going after the right QB much earlier than expected.  Logan Thomas could be another guy who they may draft early.

Sections
Shortcuts