***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

In response to Outkast1978's comment:

wow another OL this is Ridiculous 

Gotta protect the franchise... TB was sacked (40) times in 2013... the most since 2001 (41).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Love it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I love it.  I thought OL, especially interior OL, was this team's biggest need.  Now they've brought in 2 320+lb interior linemen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB seems to have moved away from the smaller, quicker OL in favor of size and nasty.

None of the kids drafted fit the general profile, with slower 3C/SS times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

If all you need is a backup, grab one on the FA wire. 

A mid round LBer is not going to help you out in all likelihood. Let's be real about draft and the possibility of a player contributing. 

Just grab some UDFAs, grab a vet off the wire. Done. 

I'm pretty happy with Collins, Mayo, and Hightower. Oh, and Nink can play linebacker too. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Little late for that. They had that chance and looked at a couple different options and decided not to go with them. If you don't think a mid round will help do you honestly believe a UDFA will? I know we love UDFA's around here but Z you have to get serious, a 4th rounder hasa much better shot at being a Fletcher legit #4 LB type than a FA or any LB they pick up via FA this time of year.

All these years have brain washed people to believing the Pats can get good FA's this late into the game or UDFA's can make a difference. How often has that been the case? Heck, I remember people falling all over themselves over the UDFA's two years ago... guess how many are currently on the team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Love this pick of Halapio. Our OL is going to be a stacked for quite awhile. A lot of competition going forward. May the best man win.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cant believe the last 1st Round WR who won multiple Superbowls with the SAME team was Micheal Irvin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 3m

Halapio tied for lowest-vertical jump among OL at the NFL Combine. 21-1.5 inches. Pats liked fact he's well-grounded.

Hahaha!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Yea. Very interesting to select 3 guys that are so big.

T: Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Cameron Fleming, RJ Mattes, Jordan Devey
    G: Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Jon Halapio, Chris Barker, Josh Kline
    C: Ryan Wendell, Bryan Stork, Braxston Cave
    G/T: Marcus Cannon

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 52s

Florida guard Jon Halapio is 6-foot-3 1/2 and 323 pounds. Has low durability grade from Scouts Inc. based on injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 3m

Halapio tied for lowest-vertical jump among OL at the NFL Combine. 21-1.5 inches. Pats liked fact he's well-grounded.

Hahaha!

Doesn't look like he'll be winning any dunk contests, ha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I find it interesting that the NFL is trending toward smaller, faster D-Linemen and the Patriots are beefing up on the O-Line. Maybe they think they can exploit these size matchups. Doesn't bother me at all as this O-Line wasn't that great last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk" rel="nofollow">

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure what they see in that G. Looks like he's going to need a lot of work. The best part of his game is he plays through injury. This might be one where I think BB will regret the pick over taking Exum

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Please no more OL but still some good names left:

TE - Joe Don Duncan

WR - Coleman

WR - Jones

WR - Hoffman

DE - Sam

DT- McCullers

DT - Johnson

DT - Coleman

LB - Skov

LB - Jones

LB - Morris

LB - Steele

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd like to see a TE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Pats seem to be drafting to win the conference championship game with big guys...guess we really know where the Pats think they need the most to win...The eye tesy always win...we should thank "Pork Chop" Knighton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

He's a Baylor kid... but you gotta love that he flies around looking to smack people.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

He's a Baylor kid... but you gotta love that he flies around looking to smack people.

your Correct my bad..lol 

I agree would love to have  a player like that we need a tone settler..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Pats seem to be drafting to win the conference championship game with big guys...guess we really know where the Pats think they need the most to win...The eye tesy always win...we should thank "Pork Chop" Knighton.

I had flashbacks to the AFCCG as well when seeing these picks... seemingly out with the smaller, quicker interior players and in with more size, power and nasty.  Keep the pocket from collapsing on the interior and Brady is a much better player, as Polian mentioned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Didn't even know Concordia-St Paul existed but the kid is huge at 6'6 270 pounds.  I'll take a pick like that in the 6th round

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well there's our DE. No Lynch or Sam but this guy was one of the best pass rushers in DII. Still though, not dominant at his level, however has a daughter so gives him drive to stay in the league

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

another meh pick...smh

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pats had a pre-draft PW with him... don't know much about him outside of his scouting report... which talks about his size, athleticism, versatility, flexibility, effort, experience (3 year starter) and character.  And you have to love the size/lenght.

Gonna have to research this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Didn't even know Concordia-St Paul existed but the kid is huge at 6'6 270 pounds.  I'll take a pick like that in the 6th round

His physical measurables remind me of Willie Mcginest

Sections
Shortcuts