***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

This has been all you could expect from a BB draft and MOORE...LMFAO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Pats had a pre-draft PW with him... don't know much about him outside of his scouting report... which talks about his size, athleticism, versatility, flexibility, effort, experience (3 year starter) and character.  And you have to love the size/lenght.

Gonna have to research this one.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I saw him as a potential UDFA. High potential but very raw and doesn't know how to convert his physical attributes to dominance. As I said one of the best pass rushing DII kids to come out in a while but needs to put it together. Might take 2-3 yrs for him to develop into someone we hope Buchanan can be this year. Not a bad 6th round pick, more upside than Sam but Sam is more Pro ready. Wonder if they are happy with Buchanan. Not sure how as he was a ghost at the end of the season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Damn Dre hal and Brandon Coleman are still on the board.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Pats had a pre-draft PW with him... don't know much about him outside of his scouting report... which talks about his size, athleticism, versatility, flexibility, effort, experience (3 year starter) and character.  And you have to love the size/lenght.

Gonna have to research this one.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I saw him as a potential UDFA. High potential but very raw and doesn't know how to convert his physical attributes to dominance. As I said one of the best pass rushing DII kids to come out in a while but needs to put it together. Might take 2-3 yrs for him to develop into someone we hope Buchanan can be this year. Not a bad 6th round pick, more upside than Sam but Sam is more Pro ready. Wonder if they are happy with Buchanan. Not sure how as he was a ghost at the end of the season

Yeah... mixed projections on him... NFL.com has him as a Rd 4-5 kid, Draft Nasty had a 4th on him... CBS had a 6-7 on him, ESPN had a 6th on him, etc.  Seems to be in the right range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Reiss highlighted Moore as a possibility a couple weeks ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4762013/beyond-the-1st-round-wild-cards" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4762013/beyond-the-1st-round-wild-cards

Field Yates mentioned Jemea Thomas 3 weeks ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4761730/patriots-offseason-roundtable-part-ii" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4761730/patriots-offseason-roundtable-part-ii

Even with all the draft predictions tossed against the wall, it's pretty impressive that 2 of the 6th rounders were actually linked to the Pats beforehand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like the Jemea Thomas pick.  He's undersized, but is a twitchy, instinctive, versatile kid that plays fast, fearless and physical and should at the very least excel on ST (something BB loves to target on Day 3), both on coverage teams and as a KR .

They're bringing in a lot of tough, high character kids... I love it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Thomas seems like a perfect BB pick...experienced in every DB position, can play in the box or the nickle, quick and fast, hard hitter yet a bit undersized but still put up 19 BP's at the combine and ran a 4.45/40....special teams gunner written all over him.

Moore will be a project, might have to make it on the practice squad for a season, has size and quickness, some decent speed, but needs to get stronger and learn technique. Was a team cap't and works very hard, has a child and is willing to do whatever he has to to succeed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Good chance that Thomas takes Ebner's and/or Tavon Wilson's spot in the secondary/special teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I have seen Moore listed from 265 to 285. I hope he is closer to 285. Says he played the end on a 4 man line and also 5-tech on a 3 man line. Seems like a good, high character kid that will give us 150%  effort. Yes, Div2, but don't count him out. Remember woodhead, vinateri to name 2. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to KyleCleric1's comment:

Good chance that Thomas takes Ebner's and/or Tavon Wilson's spot in the secondary/special teams.

Hope he replaces them both. 2 for 1. Just like I was wanting on urban...getting rid of vellano and croissant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Thomas seems like a perfect BB pick...experienced in every DB position, can play in the box or the nickle, quick and fast, hard hitter yet a bit undersized but still put up 19 BP's at the combine and ran a 4.45/40....special teams gunner written all over him.

Moore will be a project, might have to make it on the practice squad for a season, has size and quickness, some decent speed, but needs to get stronger and learn technique. Was a team cap't and works very hard, has a child and is willing to do whatever he has to to succeed.

Can't be any worse than Tavon Wilson. And, we didn't need a 2nd to get him. He has potential written all over him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I have seen Moore listed from 265 to 285. I hope he is closer to 285. Says he played the end on a 4 man line and also 5-tech on a 3 man line. Seems like a good, high character kid that will give us 150%  effort. Yes, Div2, but don't count him out. Remember woodhead, vinateri to name 2. 

6-5 269 at the combine with 33-3/4 inch arms, 9-5/8 inch hands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That's what I saw as well. Overall..I know not done yet, but how do u rate this draft?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Can't be any worse than Tavon Wilson. And, we didn't need a 2nd to get him. He has potential written all over him. 

You got that right...If my name was Tavon I'd be checking the opportunities to achieve greatness in the CFL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thomas seems like a good ST who can play money downs. Not a bad pick but people are going to kill him for his size

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

LMFAO...yet another meaningful vote of confidence for Jet QB Geno Smith as they take Taj Boyd in the 6th round...The clown car rolls on in NYC!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Thomas seems like a good ST who can play money downs. Not a bad pick but people are going to kill him for his size

He's supposedly a tough guy who likes to blitz off the corner...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

That's what I saw as well. Overall..I know not done yet, but how do u rate this draft?

They def went against coventional wisdom in regards to the OL taken... moving away from the smaller/quicker kids and over to bigger, more powerful types with slower movement skills.  And they took a sub-210 RB (first during the BB era, I believe) and an undersized DB, when most thought they were looking to get bigger at the position.

I'm not overly enthused with the Fleming pick, but it's tought not to like what they've done up front, on both sides of the ball (if healthy Easley could be the best defensive player in this class... they've also added a ton of character and versatility and I think White and Thomas could solid contributors down the road.  Oh, and they took a potential face of the franchise on Day 2... I'd call it a successful weakend... look forward to seeing how things play out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Have seen Jemea Thomas play for last couple of years at Tech, this kid is a stud.  His instincts and toughness are probably his best assets.  Really like that pick, Tavon days are numbered.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Still have some time left, but there are some big names thatmay go undrafted:

Brandon Coleman

Kelcy Quarles

Adrian Hubbard

Marcus Roberson

Antonio Richardson

Jackson Jeffcoat

Christian Jones

Craig Loston

Anthony Johnson

Ahmad Dixon

Shayne Skov

Loucheiz Purifoy

Dion Bailey

Anthony Steen

Max Bullough

Michael Sam

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

On the discussion of LB, Michael Buchanan may have the athleticism to play the SAM spot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

On the discussion of LB, Michael Buchanan may have the athleticism to play the SAM spot.

[object HTMLDivElement]

rumors are he beefed up 15lbs in the offseason because he was out muscled at the DE spot. So if true he's clearly focused on DE only.

I wonder Sam as a UDFA though, if he can be a rush LB on the outside

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I've been thinking Buchanan will have a nice jump in year 2.  Based on what has been drafted there are a few guys on the roster that probably will be looked at to provide depth or get bigger playing time.  

If Pats get the 2011 Buchanan rather than 2012 it will be a scary rotation at DE.  This kid has nice speed off the edge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

rumors are he beefed up 15lbs in the offseason because he was out muscled at the DE spot. So if true he's clearly focused on DE only.

I wonder Sam as a UDFA though, if he can be a rush LB on the outside

My impression is that he doesn't have the athleticism to play out of the 4-3 end, perhaps though rush some inside.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Really want Joe Don Duncan as a EDFA. If Brandon Coleman makes it that far him too.

Sections
Shortcuts