***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

Not sure what they see in that G. Looks like he's going to need a lot of work. The best part of his game is he plays through injury. This might be one where I think BB will regret the pick over taking Exum

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Please no more OL but still some good names left:

TE - Joe Don Duncan

WR - Coleman

WR - Jones

WR - Hoffman

DE - Sam

DT- McCullers

DT - Johnson

DT - Coleman

LB - Skov

LB - Jones

LB - Morris

LB - Steele

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd like to see a TE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Pats seem to be drafting to win the conference championship game with big guys...guess we really know where the Pats think they need the most to win...The eye tesy always win...we should thank "Pork Chop" Knighton.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Outkast1978's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

[/QUOTE]

He's a Baylor kid... but you gotta love that he flies around looking to smack people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Outkast1978's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ahmad dixon from oregon 

He's a Baylor kid... but you gotta love that he flies around looking to smack people.

[/QUOTE]
    your Correct my bad..lol 

I agree would love to have  a player like that we need a tone settler..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Pats seem to be drafting to win the conference championship game with big guys...guess we really know where the Pats think they need the most to win...The eye tesy always win...we should thank "Pork Chop" Knighton.

I had flashbacks to the AFCCG as well when seeing these picks... seemingly out with the smaller, quicker interior players and in with more size, power and nasty.  Keep the pocket from collapsing on the interior and Brady is a much better player, as Polian mentioned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Didn't even know Concordia-St Paul existed but the kid is huge at 6'6 270 pounds.  I'll take a pick like that in the 6th round

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well there's our DE. No Lynch or Sam but this guy was one of the best pass rushers in DII. Still though, not dominant at his level, however has a daughter so gives him drive to stay in the league

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

another meh pick...smh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pats had a pre-draft PW with him... don't know much about him outside of his scouting report... which talks about his size, athleticism, versatility, flexibility, effort, experience (3 year starter) and character.  And you have to love the size/lenght.

Gonna have to research this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't even know Concordia-St Paul existed but the kid is huge at 6'6 270 pounds.  I'll take a pick like that in the 6th round

[/QUOTE]

His physical measurables remind me of Willie Mcginest

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

This has been all you could expect from a BB draft and MOORE...LMFAO!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Pats had a pre-draft PW with him... don't know much about him outside of his scouting report... which talks about his size, athleticism, versatility, flexibility, effort, experience (3 year starter) and character.  And you have to love the size/lenght.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I saw him as a potential UDFA. High potential but very raw and doesn't know how to convert his physical attributes to dominance. As I said one of the best pass rushing DII kids to come out in a while but needs to put it together. Might take 2-3 yrs for him to develop into someone we hope Buchanan can be this year. Not a bad 6th round pick, more upside than Sam but Sam is more Pro ready. Wonder if they are happy with Buchanan. Not sure how as he was a ghost at the end of the season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Damn Dre hal and Brandon Coleman are still on the board.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I saw him as a potential UDFA. High potential but very raw and doesn't know how to convert his physical attributes to dominance. As I said one of the best pass rushing DII kids to come out in a while but needs to put it together. Might take 2-3 yrs for him to develop into someone we hope Buchanan can be this year. Not a bad 6th round pick, more upside than Sam but Sam is more Pro ready. Wonder if they are happy with Buchanan. Not sure how as he was a ghost at the end of the season

[/QUOTE]

Yeah... mixed projections on him... NFL.com has him as a Rd 4-5 kid, Draft Nasty had a 4th on him... CBS had a 6-7 on him, ESPN had a 6th on him, etc.  Seems to be in the right range.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Reiss highlighted Moore as a possibility a couple weeks ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4762013/beyond-the-1st-round-wild-cards" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4762013/beyond-the-1st-round-wild-cards

Field Yates mentioned Jemea Thomas 3 weeks ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4761730/patriots-offseason-roundtable-part-ii" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4761730/patriots-offseason-roundtable-part-ii

Even with all the draft predictions tossed against the wall, it's pretty impressive that 2 of the 6th rounders were actually linked to the Pats beforehand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I like the Jemea Thomas pick.  He's undersized, but is a twitchy, instinctive, versatile kid that plays fast, fearless and physical and should at the very least excel on ST (something BB loves to target on Day 3), both on coverage teams and as a KR .

They're bringing in a lot of tough, high character kids... I love it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Thomas seems like a perfect BB pick...experienced in every DB position, can play in the box or the nickle, quick and fast, hard hitter yet a bit undersized but still put up 19 BP's at the combine and ran a 4.45/40....special teams gunner written all over him.

Moore will be a project, might have to make it on the practice squad for a season, has size and quickness, some decent speed, but needs to get stronger and learn technique. Was a team cap't and works very hard, has a child and is willing to do whatever he has to to succeed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Good chance that Thomas takes Ebner's and/or Tavon Wilson's spot in the secondary/special teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I have seen Moore listed from 265 to 285. I hope he is closer to 285. Says he played the end on a 4 man line and also 5-tech on a 3 man line. Seems like a good, high character kid that will give us 150%  effort. Yes, Div2, but don't count him out. Remember woodhead, vinateri to name 2. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to KyleCleric1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good chance that Thomas takes Ebner's and/or Tavon Wilson's spot in the secondary/special teams.

[/QUOTE]

Hope he replaces them both. 2 for 1. Just like I was wanting on urban...getting rid of vellano and croissant.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thomas seems like a perfect BB pick...experienced in every DB position, can play in the box or the nickle, quick and fast, hard hitter yet a bit undersized but still put up 19 BP's at the combine and ran a 4.45/40....special teams gunner written all over him.

Moore will be a project, might have to make it on the practice squad for a season, has size and quickness, some decent speed, but needs to get stronger and learn technique. Was a team cap't and works very hard, has a child and is willing to do whatever he has to to succeed.

[/QUOTE]

Can't be any worse than Tavon Wilson. And, we didn't need a 2nd to get him. He has potential written all over him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have seen Moore listed from 265 to 285. I hope he is closer to 285. Says he played the end on a 4 man line and also 5-tech on a 3 man line. Seems like a good, high character kid that will give us 150%  effort. Yes, Div2, but don't count him out. Remember woodhead, vinateri to name 2. 

[/QUOTE]

6-5 269 at the combine with 33-3/4 inch arms, 9-5/8 inch hands.