1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: ***2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT THREAD***

We signed the great Joe Don Duncan, TE Dixie State

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

We signed the great Joe Don Duncan, TE Dixie State

[object HTMLDivElement]

Oh it's on  :D  two of my guys drafted as UDFA's win as far as I'm concerned

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

TE Justin Jones signed with the pats 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Outkast1978's comment:

TE Justin Jones signed with the pats 

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_jones_443819.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_jones_443819.html

Big guy, 6-8, 277, junior entry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Reynolds tells coaches, I don't care where I play put me where I fit the system lol

Talk about saying the BB perfect answer lol

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140510/GW01/305100015/Sexton-grads-Micajah-Reynolds-Matt-Armstrong-await-NFL-fate

This is a kid I want to watch during preseason, 6'5" 330+lb  I'm sure he'll be in Kelly's ear all summer at least I hope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

MB noticed we finally got an Iowa Hawkeye! Be it as UDFA but James Morris could make the roster as this year's UDFA on the 53.  

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/football/2014/5/10/5677564/iowa-football-james-morris-linebacker-nfl-draft-2014" rel="nofollow">http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/football/2014/5/10/5677564/iowa-football-james-morris-linebacker-nfl-draft-2014

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

JDD signing = PE's weekend just got a whole lot bettah, haha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

No TE's taken but they did sign a couple of UDFA's Watson and Jones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcri. Show jcri's posts

Critter

I guess I,m disappointed in this draft, especially the top end.  I wanted a name TE AAnd a wideout for TB.    Probably in a year I,lobe saying what a great draft this is but right now...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'm not seeing it confirmed anywhere that we actually signed Duncan.  Source?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I was going off what others were reporting... the below link mentions him being linked, but I haven't seen a confirmation of his signing... on a side note, Roy Finch is fackin jacked... as you'll see when you open the link.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/05/10/undrafted-free-agent-picture-starting-to-come-into-focus-for-patriots/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He plays hard too, doesn't run away from a tackle or runs out-of bounds. Like to see him a Pat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I was going off what others were reporting... the below link mentions him being linked, but I haven't seen a confirmation of his signing... on a side note, Roy Finch is fackin jacked... as you'll see when you open the link.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/05/10/undrafted-free-agent-picture-starting-to-come-into-focus-for-patriots/" rel="nofollow">http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/05/10/undrafted-free-agent-picture-starting-to-come-into-focus-for-patriots/

Start calling him  what he is...Pocket Hercules!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I am with you. WEEI had it, but I don't see anything on the more reliable UDFA sites.  Even JDD's twitter site has nothing.

Also, the kid from MSU, Reynolds signed with SD.

New England Patriots (Click Here for Analysis)
    Tyler Beck TE Bowling Green
    Roy Finch RB Oklahoma
    James Morris LB Iowa
    Travis Hawkins DB Delaware
    Justin Jones TE East Carolina
    Deylan Buntyn, DL North Carolina State
    Asa Watson TE North Carolina State
    Tyler Ott LS Harvard
    Cameron Gordon LB Michigan
    Jeremy Deering S Rutgers
    Deontae Skinner LB Mississippi State
    Stephen Houston RB Indiana
    Jordan Love CB Towson (Tryout)

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-nfl-undrafted-free-agents" rel="nofollow">http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014-nfl-undrafted-free-agents  Last updated 3:05pm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Joe Don Duncan did NOT sign with us when all was said and done...neither did MSU DT Caj Reynolds....I guess it's not over til it's over and the deal is signed even if they post it on twitter!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

For those of you trying to find out which UGFA's actually have signed with the Patriots a good source is NEPatriotsdraft.com, they update the list as the confirmations come through and as of 2:00 AM 5/12 they are speculating that Joe Don Duncan will be signing with the Patriots I added this news just for PE. Finch and Houston are pass catching RB's Houston also is a big back type weighing in at 225. The Patriots have either drafted or  are bringing in a lot of linemen on both sides of the ball and some of these players will impress the staff enough to warrant longer looks during Pre-season but most of them won't make his team. The Patriots are a winning team who added two pro bowl type corners, A very talented WR and a former Pro bowl DE to their already talented roster. Hey but like BB always maintains he will keep any player who works his buttocks off and shows he can do the job better than his competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

A teammate tweeted this on JDD

Darius Matthews ‏@Belong_2_Christ

Big congrats to my teammate @DieselNine For getting signed by the patriots. Go ball out bruh #Dixiestatefootball

Good Karma from MEL and ENG pushing him our way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Did anyone find confirmation on JDD?  I couldn't find anything that said Patriots.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Roy Finch might be the funnest RB to watch in the entire draft class. i hope he develops the rest of his game. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

By far. His elusiveness is amazing to watch. I'm a fan of this kid for sure

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Roy Finch might be the funnest RB to watch in the entire draft class. i hope he develops the rest of his game. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

By far. His elusiveness is amazing to watch. I'm a fan of this kid for sure

Kid has some serious skills.  He would have to really find a niche to make this team since I'm sure blocking/blitz pick-up aren't his strengths.  The guy is so small.  Durability also has to be a legit concern.  But man, with the ball in his hands he is a nightmare for a defense.  He will be interesting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

A teammate tweeted this on JDD

Darius Matthews ‏@Belong_2_Christ

Big congrats to my teammate @DieselNine For getting signed by the patriots. Go ball out bruh #Dixiestatefootball

Good Karma from MEL and ENG pushing him our way.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm pulling for this to be true, but if a teammate has posted it it's more reliable then some other sources so I say welcome to NE and I'm coining the term, "The three named beast" right now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Seriously though I hope JDD can develop because I can see him as a good #2/3 type if he can improve his blocking. Also very interested in the Jones kid, 6'8" I mean come on that's big. But, appearently he has issues blocking and is more a move TE? Though he isn't terrible fast. Still though 6'8" with a 37" vertical on top of that? Damn just have him get into the endzone and have Brady toss it 10' high. If he has good hands no one can stop that if they tried. With Gronk might be being PuPed and Williams the only threat to knock them off the roster right now, good shot JDD and maybe even Jones if he has decent hands and can learn (that's a big question mark) to block that both can make the team.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

Yeah, I was psyched with that signing... this kid can play and I think he was a draftable player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

One of the big takeaways for me in not selecting a TE - alludes to Gronk healing well. 

I would think if it was a big concern, they would have drafted Niklas, CJF - not picked up a couple FA guys for camp bodies. 

Sections
Shortcuts